The atelier RTA-Office, managed by the architect Santiago Parramón, got an Honorable Mention for his project Block 39, Centre for the promotion of Science in Belgrade, Republic of Serbia. Jury reponse: the project of Santiago Parramón is “an excellent urban and architectural solution, with exceptional and innovative approach!”
Block 39 concept view
- Architect: RTA-OFFICE
- Project location: Belgrade, Serbia
- Year: 2010
- Client: Ministry of Science and Technological development
- Organizers: Association of Architects of Serbia and Association Architects of Belgrade
- Site type: Urban
- Site Area: 11,66 ha
- Building Area: 20.915 m2
- Total gross Building Area: 13.998 m2
- Garage and Parking Area: 3.000 m2
- Outdoor Area: 2.650 m2
- Designed by: Jaime Parramón&Associats, RTA-Office
- Design team: Santiago Parramón, Simona Assiero Brá, Mariana Rapela, Miguel Villachá, Luisa Garcia, Eduardo Vacotto
- Award: Honorable Mention
- Type: Cultural – Museum – Exhibition Center – Educational and Business Centre – Gallery – Science Club – Planetarium – Restaurant.
- Annual number of visitors: 100.000 – 300.000. 500.000 in 5 year’s time.
- Daily number of visitors: expectation: 200 visitors during a workday in September, 2000 during a weekend in May.
- Construction Materials: in situ structures of reinforced concrete (high strength and long life. Reduce CO2 emissions by 60% during its production). Building’s skin (90%) is Black Steel Recycling ANR (it contains 80% recycled raw material, has zero carbon, thus reducing CO2 emissions). Over 30% of the rest of the building materials are recycled source, reducing the environmental impacts of industry, mining and processing of raw materials.
- Budget: 15 millions euros