Article source: mecanoo
The new Palace of Justice in Córdoba is located in Arroyo del Moro which is characteristically dominated by anonymous housing blocks, products of the rapid urban development of 21st century Spanish cities. The blocks that characterize the urban fabric of the zone were not capable of generating public space or offering something new to the city, but collectively they form a compact and coherent urban identity. The addition of a public institution to the area creates the opportunity to upgrade the public realm and add a civic quality to this relatively new neighborhood.
- Architects: mecanoo
- Project: Palace of Justice
- Location: Calle Isla Mallorca, Calle Isla Formentera, Calle Isla Gomera, Calle Cantabrico, Córdoba, Spain.
- Photography: Fernando Alda
- Structural engineer, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineer: AYESA
- Promotor Owner / Developer: Consejería de Justicia e Interior (Junta de Andalucía).
- Size: 48,000 m2
- Project Design: 2006
- Project Realisation: 2014 – 2017