Archive for the ‘Private House’ Category
Friday, May 25th, 2018
Article source: INT2 ARCHITECTURE
A small private house is located in a picturesque place about 30 km from Riga. The land plot is on the boarder of the forest and is located near the Gulf of Riga.
A separate position of the buildings (house and garage) on the site is due to the fact that they were erected on the previously existing foundations. The buildings are connected by a terrace.
Image Courtesy © INT2 ARCHITECTURE
- Architects: INT2 ARCHITECTURE
- Project: Architecture & Interior ILL
- Location: Carnikava, Latvia
- Total Area (m²): 125
- Year: 2017
Monday, May 14th, 2018
Article source: ENSAMBLE STUDIO
In his first stop on the way home, Ulysses reaches the cave of the Cyclops, a fierce and strong builder who looked through one single point. And there he is locked up until he uses his ingenuity to escape and goes where the winds take him.
Image Courtesy © ENSAMBLE STUDIO
- Architects: ENSAMBLE STUDIO
- Project: Cyclopean House
- Location: Brookline, Massachusetts, USA
- Principals: Antón García-Abril & Debora Mesa
- Project Team: Javier Cuesta, Ricardo Sanz, Borja Soriano, Massimo Loia, Walter Cuccuru, Valentina Giacomini, Marietta Spyrou, Juanjo Fernández, Federica Zunino, Marian Stanislav, Chung-Wen Wu, Yannis Karababas
- Structural Engineer: Jesús Huerga
- General Contractor: Materia Inorgánica S.L.
- Structural System: Steel Frame and foam core beams
- Site Area: 265 m 2
- Building Area (footprint area): 120 m 2
- Total floor Area: 240 m 2
- Construction Research & Prefabrication: January 2015 – July 2015
- Onsite Assembly: August 2015 – November 2015
Monday, May 14th, 2018
Article source: KUBE ARCHITECTURE PC
This new outdoor deck and enclosure is perched atop an existing rear garage behind a Washington, DC row house. The Owners requested a private space for spending time and entertaining, with shade for the intense summer heat. A 6-story apartment building sits behind it across the alley, exposing the back and top of the deck to all the windows units.
Image Courtesy © KUBE ARCHITECTURE PC
- Architects: KUBE ARCHITECTURE PC
- Project: Alley Armor
- Location: Washington, D.C, USA
- Software used: ArchiCAD, sketch up, Podium
Thursday, March 22nd, 2018
Article source: SUPER NORMAL DESIGN GROUP
Because of Jane Austen’s masterpiece Pride and Prejudice, “Mr. Darcy” has become the most perfect golden bachelor in the literary history. He possesses both the pride of the nobility and the self-discipline of a gentleman. His retro charm of both inside and outside still touches people’s heart nowadays.
Image Courtesy © Fan Wenyao
- Designers: SUPER NORMAL DESIGN GROUP
- Project: Mr. C’s Private House
- Location: Loft Residence, Oct, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China
- Photography: Fan Wenyao
- Soft & Hard Decoration Design Team: Yang Jianxun, Wu Minwen, Zhang Lei
- Project Construction: Liu Gensheng
- Project Area: 300㎡
- Completion Time: August, 2017
Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018
Article source: LilyJencksStudio
This private house in Scotland is built within the existing stone ruins of an old farmhouse, with beautiful views northwards for more than 50 miles down two valleys. Located in a remote countryside area, this project was conceived as passive and self-sufficient, well-insulated and using solar energy.
Image Courtesy © Sergio Pirrone
- Architects: LilyJencksStudio
- Project: Ruins studio
- Location: Dumfries, Scotland
- Photography: Sergio Pirrone
Tuesday, July 11th, 2017
Article source: v2com
The architecture of this private house is a synthesis of natural materials, such as stone and wood, and simple geometric shapes. The façade’s modern design combines stone and wood: the exterior finish, featuring warm shades of travertine and larch, completes the image of an inviting, cozy and modern country home.
Living room, Image Courtesy © Ilya Ivanov
- Architects: Monoloko design (Maxim Kashin)
- Project: A Constructive Approach
- Location: Borki, Russia
- Photography: Ilya Ivanov
- Structural designer: Dmitry Ogarev
- House area: 500 m2 (5400 sq. ft.)
- Site area: 0.25 Ha (27,000 sq. ft./0.6 acre)
- Built: 2014
Wednesday, July 5th, 2017
Article source: Vo Trong Nghia Architects
Under the rapid urbanization, cities in Vietnam have diverged far from their origins of being low density tropical green spaces. Newly developed urban areas are losing their connection with nature. “Bamboo House” is a small residential project in a narrow alley called “Hem” in Ho-Chi-Minh City. This project aims at developing the concept of “House for Trees”, a series of a prototypical housing design that targets to provide green space within high density neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © Hiroyuki Oki
- Architects: Vo Trong Nghia Architects (VTN Architects, Kuniko Onishi )
- Project: Bamboo House
- Location: District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Photography: Hiroyuki Oki
- Contractor: Wind And Water House JSC
- Site area: 60.72m2
- Footprint: 60.72m2
- GFA: 217m2
- Status: Built in 07.2016
Sunday, March 12th, 2017
Article source: Archimania
Woodard Residence is a personal residence for a developer on an unused piece of land left from his recently completed mixed-use development. The clients sought to be tucked away from activity, but maintain views of the Mississippi River and the downtown Memphis skyline.
Image Courtesy © Hank Mardukas
- Architects: Archimania
- Project: Woodard Residence
- Location: Memphis, Tennessee, USA
- Photography: Hank Mardukas
Wednesday, March 1st, 2017
Article source: Aresto Arquitetura
Located in the city of Jundiaí, the residence designed with the purpose of sale, had as a goal the optimization of the cost and the time of execution of the construction.
The unusual height of 3.80 meters from the ground floor brings comfort to the social areas. A large skylight over the wooden staircase complements the natural light from the ground floor and offers lighting to the rooms.
Image Courtesy © Luciana Villaça
- Architects: Aresto Arquitetura (Danillo Mazzani)
- Project: The Jundiaí House
- Location: São Paulo, Brazil
- Photography: Luciana Villaça
- Interior square meters: 283 sq. meters
- Completion Date: 2010
Saturday, February 25th, 2017
Article source: v2com
Superhouse is a brand and an ethos – a vision for what is possible in contemporary residential architecture. Superhouse want to create nothing but the 30 most exceptional houses in the world for the super-rich.
Superhouse has been created by Magnus Ström, founder of Ström Architects, based on the South coast of England. Inspiration for the Superhouse concept first came when Ström worked next to a world-renowned naval architect. This was when Superyachts were first brought to his attention, and it raised the questions: “Why couldn’t houses also reach the same heights of design quality and workmanship?” and “Why do ‘Superyachts’ exist, but ‘Superhouses’ don’t?”
View to the house from the sunken pool firepit, Image Courtesy © The Boundary
- Architects: Superhouse Property Group Ltd.
- Project: Superhouse 00/30
- Location: Illes Balears, Spain
- Photography: The Boundary
- Lead Designer: Magnus Ström
- Dates: unbuilt
- Awards: American Architecture Prize (Silver in Architectural Design / Residential Architecture)