Archive for the ‘Public Restroom’ Category
Thursday, March 19th, 2015
Article source: 34 Architects – 34 Mimarlık
The project has been carried out as a proposal to unify service units of the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality and Besiktas Municipality, at district levels.
Image Courtesy © Altkat Architectural Photography
- Architects: 34 Architects – 34 Mimarlık
- Project: Besiktas Quarter Complex
- Location: Besiktas, Istanbul, Turkey
- Photography: Altkat Architectural Photography
- Project Managers: Cenk Saracoglu, Zeynep Bahar
- Client: Besiktas Municipality
- Year: 2014
Saturday, January 17th, 2015
Article source: H&P Architects
“Ensure environmental sustainability” included improving sanitation facilities is one of the eight “Millennium Development Goals” by United Nations. According to that, from 2000 to 2015, the number of people without access to basic sanitation will decrease by 50%. The access has been recognized as a human right. All over the world currently there are about 2.5 billions people lacked of that access and more than a billion people (15% of the world population) are still defecating outdoors. The uncontrolled waste water discharge would also be an environmental disaster, because it harms human health (every year 1.7 billion people suffer from diarrhea and 760000 children die for cholera, typhoid, hepatitis, etc…). Lacking of sanitary equipment and facilities also cause economical damage tremendously (according to World Bank, in India that condition costs this country more than 53 billions USD every year, accounting for nearly 6% of its GDP).
Image Courtesy © Doan Thanh Ha
- Architects: H&P Architects
- Project: TOIGETATION
- Location: Son Lap school, Son Lap Commune, Bao Lac, Cao Bang Province, Vietnam
- Photography: Doan Thanh Ha
- Architect In Charge: Doan Thanh Ha & Tran Ngoc Phuong
- Team: Luc Van Tu, Chu Kim Thinh, Nguyen Van Manh, Patricia Erimescu, Vo Quynh Thu, Nguyen Thi Xuyen, Chu Van Dong, Nguyen Hai Hue, Hoang Huu Nam.
- Architectural adviser: Dr. Nguyen Tri Thanh
- Construction: H&P Architects and volunteers.
- Completion date: 12/2014
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
Article source: gualano+gualano arquitectos
The project does not try to impose or merge, and marks an abstract, honest, architectural form of finished materiality with the concrete made rock. It takes part in the landscape, respecting it, trying to be of importance to the site. The project is solved in two pieces that articulate in the landscape; the inn that hangs of the rock and emerges towards the cliff and the other volume, with the public restrooms and picnic area, receiving to the arrivals of automobiles. The skin concrete structure generates the limits and hard edges of the work, generating the structure composition of the project.
Image Courtesy © Ramiro Rodriguez Barilari
- Architects: gualano+gualano arquitectos
- Project: Salto del Penitente
- Location: Lavalleja, Uruguay
- Photography: Ramiro Rodriguez Barilari
- Year: 2003-2004
- Area: 400sqm
- Esencial Landscape: Esencial Architecture
Thursday, March 28th, 2013
Article source: Studio a/b Architects
Public restroom in an existing park (Mitchell Park) for a coastal village on the North Fork, Long Island. Since Mitchell Park was built through a design competition, the restroom was required to match the existing park design. Using the same material palette as the existing park buildings (zinc roof and cedar wall), this restroom was sited with free angles, respecting the existing views and park layout.
Image Courtesy Studio a/b Architects
- Architects: Studio a/b Architects
- Project: Greenport Public Restroom
- Location: Greenport, New York
- Photography: Studio a/b Architects
- Team: Hideaki Ariizumi, Project architect Glynis Berry, partner
- Landscape Design: Eileen Wingate
- Client: Village of Greenport
- Program: Public Restroom in flood plane, minimal footprint, minimal initial and running cost, fit contemorary designed park in a historical village.
- Software used: Revit