Archive for the ‘Reception’ Category
Thursday, November 16th, 2017
Article source: Brengues Le Pavec architectes
The binomial constitution is a recurrence in the foundation of an architecture firm. We might think it is almost obvious. The reason? A need for complicity? It seems that the union is strength. But the alchemy of an association is only possible if there is a same sensitivity and architectural ideology. The association is always a compromise and conciliation history. When it works, a look at four eyes focused on the projects is available to customers. Point significant that some perceive easily. For their part, they did not ask. No commercial strategy, no impact study, or marketing project.
Image Courtesy © RBrengues photos
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017
Article source: Jacques Ferrier Architecture
The headquarters of Métropole Rouen Normandie is a unique, memorable and fitting image on the banks of the Seine in Rouen.
What makes it so unique is how the new building fits in with the surrounding landscape of Rouen. The building’s dynamic profile contrasts with the omnipresence of horizontal designs found along the major port, while its silhouette echoes the renovated industrial buildings on the right bank. The oblique shapes are reminiscent of the silhouettes of cranes and other objects in the port and the bows of the passing ships.
Image Courtesy © Luc Boegly
- Architects: Jacques Ferrier Architecture
- Project: Headquarters Of Métropole Rouen Normandie
- Location: Rouen, France
- Photography: Luc Boegly
- Client: Métropole Rouen Normandie
- Architectural Team:
- Studio Pauline Marchetti and Sensual City Studio: signage, design and scenography of the hall
- C&E ingénierie: Structural engineering
- SOGETI: Engineering of fluids and economical construction
- ACV: Acoustics
- Cost: 25 000 000 € excl tax (year 2017)
- Area: 8 300 M²
Friday, November 3rd, 2017
Article source: BLVD International
Shenzhen Vanke Headquarters is a very good example on how the environment protection and energy-saving are blended into architecture. The architecture concept of ‘the floating horizon skyscraper’ by Steven Holl, after ten years of growth, has become a real sustainable landmark landscape standing high in the city.
Image Courtesy © Sun Xiangyu
- Architects: BLVD International
- Project: Shenzhen Vanke Headquarters Interior Renovation Design
- Location: Shenzhen, China
- Photography: Sun Xiangyu
- Designer: Liu Honglei, Abel, Hu Jiayi
- Client: Vanke Group
- Design area: 2500 sqm
- Design time: 2015
- Completion time: 2016
Friday, October 20th, 2017
Article source: TPG Architecture
BGB is an unusual communications agency in that it’s not part of an international conglomerate, it’s privately owned, which means that BGB has a specific – and colorful – personality. TPG Architecture worked closely with Gregory Passaretti and Brendon Phalen, Managing Partners, to bring its new space to life with bright colors, themed conference rooms and other amenities that their youthful workforce would surely appreciate; BGB was founded in 2005 by Passaretti, Phalen and a third partner and it is tightly focused: the firm only works with pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device clients. BGB currently has about 215 employees in the new, two floor 47,000 square foot space.
Image Courtesy © TPG Architecture
Thursday, September 28th, 2017
Article source: Ippolito Fleitz Group GmbH
This ten-storey office building opened at the beginning of the 1990s as the ‘Lahmeyer-Haus’. Like many buildings from that time, the increasingly sophisticated demands of tenants and Frankfurt’s oversaturated business real estate market quickly rendered the building no longer competitive. It stood empty for many years until project developer Phoenix Real Estate recognised its attractive position in Frankfurt’s Westend and decided to completely gut and revitalise the building. Since Phoenix itself rents office space in the building for its Frankfurt branch, the brief was simple: “to build the best house in the respective market segment”. Our studio was commissioned to design the entrance lobby and the access and supply cores for all storeys, as well as interior architecture for two rented offices.
Image Courtesy © Zooey Braun
- Architects: Ippolito Fleitz Group GmbH
- Project: Phoenix Real Estate Office
- Location: Frankfurt, Germany
- Photography: Dirk Matull, Zooey Braun
- Software used: Vectorworks, 3dS Max, sketch up
Friday, September 8th, 2017
Article source: Vilalta Arquitectura
The project is located at the entrance of the hospital compound of the city of Woldya, in the north east of Ethiopia.
A key decision of the project was to divide it in two areas that share the same entrance space: the functional maternity unit and the mothers’ waiting area, a new program born as a result of the sociological analysis of the site. This is a space where future mothers coming from rural areas can live in an environment where they can feel comfortable two weeks before they give birth.
Image Courtesy © Gonzalo Guajardo
- Architects: Vilalta Arquitectura
- Project: Woldyia Maternity Center
- Location: Woldyia, Ethiopia
- Photography: Gonzalo Guajardo
- Client: IPI Cooperació
- Director: Xavier Vilalta
- Project Leader: Maria Rosaria Favoino
- Project Team: Luiza Kostecka, Anna Kyskova
- Data: Comission
- Surface: 800 m2
- Time: 2013-2017
Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017
Article source: NAN Arquitectos
Following the success of our first project for the physiotherapy, aesthetic and pilates clinic Sana Sana, our clients have the need of expanding their facilities to give more group classes of various modalities of yoga and pilates in a nearby place.
Image Courtesy © Iván Casal Nieto
- Architects: NAN Arquitectos
- Project: Center of physiotherapy and esthetics Sana Sana
- Location: Avenida de Galicia nº30 (Porriño-Galicia / España)
- Photography: Iván Casal Nieto
- Team: Vicente Pillado, Wenceslao López, Alberto F.Reiriz
- Equipment: nancontract
- Surface area: 110 m2
- Year: 2016
Sunday, August 20th, 2017
Article source: Blvd International
Different from traditional real estate sales gallery, this project emphasizes more on conceptual feature, aiming to present the environmental, modern and creative branding spirit to visitors. With white as the background color, the whole space conveys a pure aesthetics of minimalism. White is open to all possibilities and it embraces future to the largest extent. Touched up by the abstract artistic ambience, the space is overwhelmed with a deep and delicate aesthetic perception.
Image Courtesy © Ouyang Yun
- Architects: Blvd International
- Project: Shenzhen Mind the Sea Sales Gallery
- Location: Shenzhen, China
- Photography: Ouyang Yun
- Design Scope: interior design and façade renovation
- Construction Company: Wanxia Real Estate Co., Ltd.
- Designers: Liu Honglei, Liang Xiaomei, Wang Ting, Xia Menghan
- Design area: 269 m2
- Design time: December, 2015
- Completion time: November, 2016