Archive for the ‘Research & Development Centre’ Category
Friday, December 1st, 2017
Article source: BVN
The Westmead Millennium Institute (WMI) is headquarters for one of the largest medical research institutes in Australia. The building brings together staff traditionally housed across six sites of the Westmead Hospital campus.
Image Courtesy © BVN
- Architects: BVN
- Project: Westmead Millennium Institute
- Location: Westmead, Australia
Tuesday, November 14th, 2017
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA)
KAPSARC (King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and Research Centre) is a non-profit institution for independent research into policies that contribute to the most effective use of energy to provide social wellbeing across the globe.
KAPSARC develops policies and economic frameworks that reduce the environmental impact and overall costs of energy supply and enable practical technology-based solutions to use energy more efficiently.
Image Courtesy © Hufton+Crow
Friday, November 3rd, 2017
Article source: William McDonough + Partners
William McDonough + Partners Lead Architects for Hero MotoCorp Ltd.’s New Global Centre of Innovation and Technology.
• William McDonough + Partners (WM+P) was engaged by Hero MotoCorp Ltd. (HMCL), the world’s largest manufacturer of two-wheeled vehicles, to design three projects: A motorcycle assembly plant in Neemrana, completed in October 2014; the Global Centre of Innovation and Technology (CIT), which opened in March 2016; and a newly operational assembly plant in Halol, Gujarat.
Image Courtesy © William McDonough + Partners
- Architects: William McDonough + Partners
- Project: Hero Global Center for Innovation and Technology (HGCIT)
- Location: Village of Kukas, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
- Principal in Charge: Roger Schickedantz
- Project Director: John Easter
- Design team: semac Consultants Pvt. Ltd. – Executive Architect + Engineers
- Lead Architect: Ramesh Pangasa
Monday, September 4th, 2017
Article source: Bogle Architects
This international research and technology facility for high-powered laser experimentation is funded by The European Commission, the first of three research centres to be built within the EU.
Bogle Architects won the ELI Beamlines commission in international competition and were the lead designers of the project from concept design through to authorship review. ELI Beamlines won the ‘Best industrial & logistics development’ MIPIM Award 2016 as well as the coveted Czech Grand Prix Prize.
Image Courtesy © Filip Slapal
- Architects: Bogle Architects
- Project: Eli Beamlines
- Location: Dolní Břežany, Prague, The Czech Republic
- Photography: Filip Slapal
- Client: Fyzikální ústav Akademie věd ČR, v.v.i. Institute of Physics, Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic
- Contractor: MVO
- Civil Engineering: AED Project
- M&E: PBA International
Sunday, August 27th, 2017
Article source: Anmahian Winton Architects
This private astronomical observatory is located on a remote mountain summit in central New Hampshire. The site is characterized by granite outcroppings and is situated at the center of a three-mile radius “dark” landscape with very little light pollution to obstruct astronomical viewing.
Image Courtesy © Anmahian Winton Architects
- Architects: Anmahian Winton Architects
- Project: Gemma Observatory
- Location: Central New Hampshire, USA
- Project Manager: Mazen Sakr
- Team: Anika Gramsey, Travis Williams
- General Contractor: Patriots Builders – Scott Estabrooks
- Structural Engineers: RSE, Associates, Inc. – Sofya Auren P.E.
- Technical Motion Engineers: Gillespie Corp.
- Rotating Rail Mechanism: THK
- Solar Panel Design: SunBug Solar3
Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017
Article source: NAN Arquitectos
Following the success of our first project for the physiotherapy, aesthetic and pilates clinic Sana Sana, our clients have the need of expanding their facilities to give more group classes of various modalities of yoga and pilates in a nearby place.
Image Courtesy © Iván Casal Nieto
- Architects: NAN Arquitectos
- Project: Center of physiotherapy and esthetics Sana Sana
- Location: Avenida de Galicia nº30 (Porriño-Galicia / España)
- Photography: Iván Casal Nieto
- Team: Vicente Pillado, Wenceslao López, Alberto F.Reiriz
- Equipment: nancontract
- Surface area: 110 m2
- Year: 2016
Friday, August 11th, 2017
Article source: Team V Architecture
By combining state-of-the-art materials with optimal reuse the sturdy TU/e Main Building from the sixties is transformed into a transparent and energy efficient university building. Opening the low-rise towards both the high rise and outside, makes the building into an inviting entrance to the TU/e campus and a showcase for innovation and technology.
Image Courtesy © Team V Architecture
- Architects: Team V Architecture
- Project: Atlas Building Technical University Eindhoven the Netherland
- Location: Den Dolech, Eindhoven (The Netherlands)
- Client: Eindhoven University of Technology
- Design Team: Team RSVP Total Engineer, a collaboration between Team V, Van Rossum, Valstar Simonis and Peutz
- Visuals: Zwartlicht
- Start project: 2014
- Completion: 2018
Wednesday, August 9th, 2017
Article source: WilkinsonEyre
At the time that WilkinsonEyre was invited to design this new factory and headquarters building, Dyson was one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. The new development therefore needed to embrace an extensive range of uses and be built and occupied in a rolling programme. Our original masterplan for the overall site optimised the layout of a range of functions whilst incorporating flexibility for future expansion.
The design created an exciting yet economical space with an undulating wave form roof which ‘floats’ above the trees, disguising the bulk of the factory.
Image Courtesy © WilkinsonEyre
- Architects: WilkinsonEyre
- Project: Dyson Campus Expansion
- Location: Malmesbury, England
Sunday, August 6th, 2017
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
Designs for the Sleuk Rith Institute – a new institution and genocide memorial in the Cambodian capital Phnom Penh – have been unveiled. The institute brings together a museum, research centre, graduate school, document archives and research library.
The vision of Youk Chhang, a tireless human rights activist and investigator of the Khmer Rouge atrocities, the Sleuk Rith Institute was founded by Chhang as a focus for reflection, healing and reconciliation as well as an enlightening educational and research facility dedicated to commemorating the lives of the past by building a better future.
Library Exterior & Reflecting Pool, Image Courtesy © Zaha Hadid Architects
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Sleuk Rith Institute
- Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Client: Sleuk Rith Institute, Document Center of Cambodia
- Design: Zaha Hadid and Patrik Schumacher
- Concept Design:
- Design Director: DaeWha Kang
- Lead Designer/Project Leader: Brian Dale
- Project Team: Malgorzata Kowalczyk, Michal Wojtkiewicz, Torsten Broeder, Fernanda Mugnaini
Wednesday, June 28th, 2017
Article source: Encore Heureux architectes
Hutchinson opened its 507 Fab House a year ago. This research and innovation center is located at the group’s historic factory in Chalette-sur-Loing, two hours south of Paris. The architecture office of Encore Heureux undertook a complete renovation of this building, whose metal framework was designed and built by Gustave Eiffel in 1869.
The 507 Fab House is a High-tech and digital place but Hutchinson wanted it to be simple, convivial, warm, modular and different. The building’s exterior is intentionally understated to blend into the industrial environment.
Image Courtesy © Cyrus Cornut
- Architects: Encore Heureux architectes (Julien Choppin and Nicola Delon)
- Project: 507 Fab House
- Location: Rue Gustave Nourry, 45120 Châlette-sur-Loing, France
- Photography: Cyrus Cornut, Philippe Rouault and Rémy-Pierre Ribière
- Client: Hutchinson (Aurore Bardon, Director of the 507 project and Christian Leys, construction manager)
- Project manager: Margot Cordier, assistée de Jordan Weisberg & Ariane Francescato
- Program manager: François Guiguet (Aubry et Guiguet Programmation)
- Interior design for the kitchen and the Hut: Véronique Bertholon