Archive for the ‘Research & Development Centre’ Category
Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018
Article source: Abscis Architecten
The perpetuation of the cooperation between KU Leuven (Catholic University of Louvain) and VIVES college university has become a fact with the realisation of the KU Leuven Campus in Bruges. The building hosts the Faculty of Industrial and Engineering Sciences and Technology and the Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences and is located in a very prominent place on the Ter Groene Poorte site. As a result, it functions as the actual entrance for whomever approaches the site from the station. The building is the beginning of a public esplanade that combines the various new developments on campus.
Image Courtesy © Dennis De Smet
- Architects: Abscis Architecten
- Project: KUL Campus Bruges
- Location: Site Ter Groene Poorte Spoorwegstraat 12 8200 Brugge, Belgium
- Photography: Dennis De Smet
- Client: Katholieke Universiteit euven
- Design Team: Vereniging van Studiebureaus: Abscis – Provoost – Ingenium
- Cost: € 14 251 000 excl. VAT and fees
- Gross Area: (M2) 11 861 m² (building)
Monday, January 8th, 2018
Article source: v2com
The project – a Maritime Energy Research and National Ocean Testing Facility – located beside the Lower Harbour in Cork, Ireland, involves a tall element housing research spaces and a lower tank hall containing testing facilities. Conceived as a stone outcrop on the edge of the water, subject to the action of wind and sea, the plan form is driven by the size and relationship of the four testing tanks, used alternately still or agitated with paddle mechanisms and profiled floorplates to simulate wave action, coastal erosion, ocean floor modelling.
Image Courtesy © Christian Richters
- Architects: McCullough Mulvin Architects
- Project: Beaufort Maritime and Energy Research Laboratory
- Location: Lower Harbour, Ringaskiddy, Cork, Ireland
- Photography: Christian Richters, Ros Kavanagh, Magnaparte
- Collaborators: JJ Rhattigan & Co. – Main Contractor
- Project manager: Valerie Mulvin
- Client: University College Cork
- Budget: €11.2 million
- Area: 5,350 sqm
- Project end date: June 2015
Friday, January 5th, 2018
Article source: v2com
Once again this year, MENKÈS SHOONER DAGENAIS LETOURNEUX Architectes has won an award of excellence at the Best of Canada Design Competition presented by Canadian Interiors magazine. Presented during the IIDEX Canada National Design and Architecture Exposition, held annually in Toronto, the prestigious awards recognize Canada’s best design projects. Ericsson Canada’s new corporate campus and R&D centre was cited for a design that embodies a corporate culture focused on openness and collaboration, and for workspaces that foster innovation and creativity.
View of the two Towers, Image Courtesy © Stéphane Brügger
- Architects: Menkès Shooner Dagenais LeTourneux Architectes
- Project: Ericsson Montreal – Corporate Campus And R&D Centre
- Location: Montreal, Canada
- Photography: Stéphane Brügger
- Client: Ericsson Canada
- Project manager: Anik Shooner
- Assistant project manager: Thu-Nhon Luu
- Lead designer: Jean-Pierre LeTourneux
Tuesday, December 19th, 2017
Article source: Paulo Brazil Arquitetura
The architectonic project for the Klabin Research, Development and Innovation Center, installed near to the main entrance of Vila Harmonia, Telêmaco Borba, PR, has as guide line, the integration of the architecural ensemble to the surrounding landscape, a quite and pleasant space, especially chosen by the Managers Fabio Schvartsman and Francisco Cesar Razzolini. The area is right in the middle of the generous woods that define the compact green belt around the Unity Klabin Monte Alegre, defined and opened in the forties (1940), for the production of quality paper in total respect to the evironment.
Image Courtesy © Pedro Kok
- Architects: Paulo Brazil Arquitetura
- Project: P&D+I KLABIN Center
- Location: Monte Alegre, Telêmaco Borba, Paraná State, Brazil
- Photography: Pedro Kok
- Colaborators Architects: Luiza Garry Leptich, Carlos Eduardo Valbusa, Elisa Relva Basso, Marco Antônio D’Delia, Ricardo Marmorato, Laís Oliveira Xavier, Bianca Dunder.
- Area: 15.000m2
- Main Building: 3.006m2
- Beginning: September, 2015
- Conclusion: May, 2017
Friday, December 1st, 2017
Article source: BVN
The Westmead Millennium Institute (WMI) is headquarters for one of the largest medical research institutes in Australia. The building brings together staff traditionally housed across six sites of the Westmead Hospital campus.
Image Courtesy © BVN
- Architects: BVN
- Project: Westmead Millennium Institute
- Location: Westmead, Australia
Tuesday, November 14th, 2017
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA)
KAPSARC (King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and Research Centre) is a non-profit institution for independent research into policies that contribute to the most effective use of energy to provide social wellbeing across the globe.
KAPSARC develops policies and economic frameworks that reduce the environmental impact and overall costs of energy supply and enable practical technology-based solutions to use energy more efficiently.
Image Courtesy © Hufton+Crow
Friday, November 3rd, 2017
Article source: William McDonough + Partners
William McDonough + Partners Lead Architects for Hero MotoCorp Ltd.’s New Global Centre of Innovation and Technology.
• William McDonough + Partners (WM+P) was engaged by Hero MotoCorp Ltd. (HMCL), the world’s largest manufacturer of two-wheeled vehicles, to design three projects: A motorcycle assembly plant in Neemrana, completed in October 2014; the Global Centre of Innovation and Technology (CIT), which opened in March 2016; and a newly operational assembly plant in Halol, Gujarat.
Image Courtesy © William McDonough + Partners
- Architects: William McDonough + Partners
- Project: Hero Global Center for Innovation and Technology (HGCIT)
- Location: Village of Kukas, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
- Principal in Charge: Roger Schickedantz
- Project Director: John Easter
- Design team: semac Consultants Pvt. Ltd. – Executive Architect + Engineers
- Lead Architect: Ramesh Pangasa
Monday, September 4th, 2017
Article source: Bogle Architects
This international research and technology facility for high-powered laser experimentation is funded by The European Commission, the first of three research centres to be built within the EU.
Bogle Architects won the ELI Beamlines commission in international competition and were the lead designers of the project from concept design through to authorship review. ELI Beamlines won the ‘Best industrial & logistics development’ MIPIM Award 2016 as well as the coveted Czech Grand Prix Prize.
Image Courtesy © Filip Slapal
- Architects: Bogle Architects
- Project: Eli Beamlines
- Location: Dolní Břežany, Prague, The Czech Republic
- Photography: Filip Slapal
- Client: Fyzikální ústav Akademie věd ČR, v.v.i. Institute of Physics, Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic
- Contractor: MVO
- Civil Engineering: AED Project
- M&E: PBA International
Sunday, August 27th, 2017
Article source: Anmahian Winton Architects
This private astronomical observatory is located on a remote mountain summit in central New Hampshire. The site is characterized by granite outcroppings and is situated at the center of a three-mile radius “dark” landscape with very little light pollution to obstruct astronomical viewing.
Image Courtesy © Anmahian Winton Architects
- Architects: Anmahian Winton Architects
- Project: Gemma Observatory
- Location: Central New Hampshire, USA
- Project Manager: Mazen Sakr
- Team: Anika Gramsey, Travis Williams
- General Contractor: Patriots Builders – Scott Estabrooks
- Structural Engineers: RSE, Associates, Inc. – Sofya Auren P.E.
- Technical Motion Engineers: Gillespie Corp.
- Rotating Rail Mechanism: THK
- Solar Panel Design: SunBug Solar3
Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017
Article source: NAN Arquitectos
Following the success of our first project for the physiotherapy, aesthetic and pilates clinic Sana Sana, our clients have the need of expanding their facilities to give more group classes of various modalities of yoga and pilates in a nearby place.
Image Courtesy © Iván Casal Nieto
- Architects: NAN Arquitectos
- Project: Center of physiotherapy and esthetics Sana Sana
- Location: Avenida de Galicia nº30 (Porriño-Galicia / España)
- Photography: Iván Casal Nieto
- Team: Vicente Pillado, Wenceslao López, Alberto F.Reiriz
- Equipment: nancontract
- Surface area: 110 m2
- Year: 2016