Archive for the ‘Restaurant’ Category
Wednesday, June 8th, 2011
Article source: Cavagnaorojo arquitectos
Our task consisted in remodeling a house located in downtown Melipilla and converting it into a restaurant and coffee house. The original building presented a rather closed-in and inflexible design plus several additions of very low quality in the back side of the property.
- Architect: Cavagnaorojo arquitectos – Carlos Cavagnaro and Daniel Rojo
- Name of Project: Tierra Restaurant
- Location: Melipilla, Chile
- Client: Walter Kahler.
- Structural Engineering: José Manuel Jelmi
- Project area: 224m²
- Project year: 2010
- Construction year: 2010 – 2011
- Builder: Cavagnarorojo
Thursday, June 2nd, 2011
Article source: ATP Sphere GmbH
Peace Pentagon - Street view
A new shape for this building can succeed only as a visible restatement of its most basic assumptions. But a building embodies basic assumptions best when it effectively restructures its entire environment— even as economically, socially, and architecturally diverse an environment as lower Manhattan!
Sunday, May 29th, 2011
Article source: Pedro Pacheco
The intervention site is located in Lisbon’s historical centre, on the ground floor of a Pombalinian building. It is a very common type of warehouse in these buildings, characterized by a single space defined by three vaulted areas with stone masonry walls and solid brick domes. Its maximum height is 4,15m and it is 16 meters long, 5,50m wide, having a total area of 102 m2. One of the ceiling tops has direct contact with the street, via two doorways, while the other has contact with a ventilation patio.
Restaurant Santa Rita
- Architects: Pedro Pacheco
- Project: Santa Rita Restaurant
- Location: LISBON – PORTUGAL Rua S. Mamede, 24
- Project: 2007-2009
- Construction: 2010
- Colaboration: Leonor Pereira, Joana Oliveira, João Pereira and Nuno Mesquita
- Software used: Autocad, ZWCad for drawing, and photoshop for images
Friday, May 27th, 2011
Article source: Studio Artec
In the heart of Brescia’s city centre, Gambero Rosso Restaurant is situated in an environment where the remains of a porch of a fourteenth-century cloister coexist with spaces built in the 1960s, following the bombings of the convent which happened in World War II.
Dining hall - Photo by Bruno Tonelli
- Architect: Studioartec
- Name of Project: Gambero Rosso Restaurant
- Location: Brescia, Italy
- Design Team: Bruno Tonelli, Massimiliano Gorlani, Marcello Peli, Giovanni Mosca
- Project area: 250 sqm
- Project year: 2009
- Photographs: Bruno Tonelli
- Software used: Autocad LT and Allplan to design and render the project
Thursday, May 19th, 2011
The project was planned on the site with Mt. Fuji rising closely in the south and the two sides facing the trunk roads. This building seems to belong to such nature objects as mountains and clouds. It is made from soft geometry, which will not arise from the figures like quadrangles and circles. By continuously operating innumerable polygon mesh points, we have determined the shape that clears the conditions such as the consistency as shell construction and the undulations that ward off rainwater in spite of its free geometry. The RC shell with cubic surfaces creates such spaces as 530 square meters of seats, 140 square meters of kitchens, and 50 square meters of rest rooms, in such a manner that it envelops and opens them.
- Architects: Takeshi Hosaka Architects
- Project: Hoto Fudo
- Location: Yamanashi, Japan
- Structural engineering: Ove Arup & Partners/Hitoshi Yonamine
- Photographer: Koji Fujii / Nacasa&Pertners Inc.
- Client: Noboru Furuya
Thursday, May 19th, 2011
Zechner and Zechner win the Reißeck Top Terminal Competition
VERBUND Tourismus GmbH is planning the construction of a new mountain restaurant at 2250m above sea level. The same building is also to house the top terminal for the Reißeck incline railway, as well as information and display areas. The Viennese architects, Zechner & Zechner, have been chosen for the project, from among a field of international competitors.
Top Terminal for the Reißeck Incline Railway
Sunday, May 1st, 2011
Design team of Serghii Makhno and Vasiliy Butenko have completed the interior for a restaurant in Kiev, where you can fell like baby bird while drinking cocktail or have a dinner at tornado top. This restaurant can be classed as modern European and offers a molecular kitchen style dishes. The main aim while designing this restaurant space was to create an environment that is natural, modern and comfortable.This restaurant features two areas: a two-storeyed dining section and relaxing bar area.
- Design team: Sergey Makhno,Butenko Vasiliy
- Project name: “TWISTER”
- Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
- Total square: 421 square meters
- Main material: wood, concrete, metal,marble,plastic
Thursday, April 21st, 2011
The most important element and the inspiration for this project is the location itself, with extremely high quality existing vegetation, which is densely distributed throughout the plot and gradually diluted out toward the eastern edge. The idea of the new Pavilion / Restaurant is to construct a space by mapping the area of high quality trees and to define the remaining territory for construction. By raising this “cut” green territory in the air the space “below” is created. The basic formal and functional element and a seasonal regulator of light is so-called “vegetative” canopy that has been formed along the entire roof edge.
Green Pavilion_Restaurant - - View of the main atrium through the restaurant - Render by Boris Goreta
- Project name: Green Pavilion_Restaurant
- Long project name: Canteen of Agriculture and Forestry University in Maksimir
- Program: public, culture, education, leisure, housing
- Status: project
- Project start date: 30.08.2010.
- Project end date: 01.12.2010.
- Address: Tvrtko Milos Street, Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry campus
- City: Zagreb
- Country: Croatia
- Geolocation: 45°49’41” N, 16°1’47” E
- Type: invited competition
- Competition prize / date: first / 14.12.2010
- Site area (m2): 4536
- Size (m2): 1600
- Footprint (m2): 1702
- Elevation (m): 130.20
- Budget (EUR): 1700000.00
- Client: University of Zagreb, Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry
Thursday, April 14th, 2011
Greenzone Pizza is 1,400 sf boutique organic eatery in Grosse Pointe Michigan. It features green design including bamboo mill work panels, porcelain tile floors, 3form Eco resign back lit panels and counter top. Its modern design is both progressive and and creates a sense of flowing space. The interior will feature LED lighting and energy star appliances and we are seeking LEED siver rating for the project.
Green Zone Pizza Interior View
- Architect: Tectonic Design
- Project: Greenzone Pizza
- Location: Grosse Pointe, Michigan
- Software used: Google Sketchup and V-Ray
Sunday, April 10th, 2011
Group Goetz Architects (GGA) is proud to serve as the lead designer for Michel the newest restaurant by Michel Richard. Located in the Ritz Carlton at Tyson’s Corner, Michel infuses the hotel with the character and life the James Beard Award-winning chef is known for. The space combines the elegance of his Georgetown location, Citronelle, and the business atmosphere found in his latest venture, Central, also designed by the nationally recognized Group Goetz Architects. Michel is a destination for business breakfasts and lunches and transforms into an elegant evening dining venue serving innovative modern French cuisine in a contemporary setting, where guests can enjoy everything from duck with figs and cinnamon to chocolate crème brulee.
- Architects: Group Goetz Architects
- Project: The Restaurant Michel Richard
- Location: Ritz Carlton, VA
- Project Completed: February 2011
- MEP Engineer: Bera Engineers
- Contractor: Forrester Construction Company
- Kitchen Consultant: JRS Associate
- Lighting Consultant: Jeffery Nathan
- Principal-in-Charge: Al Gooden
- Project Manager: Tom Mulhearn
- Project Leader: Laura Madge