Archive for the ‘Restoration’ Category
Thursday, February 8th, 2018
Article source: Bruno Gaudin Architecte DPLG
An architecture of distribution
Armed with the finalized assessment, it became clear that a major axis of the architectural part of the project would have to be a reorganization of the distribution. Thus, new principles of distribution had to be defined in coherence with the larger architectural ensembles that structure the geography of the site.
Installed over the centuries and according to need, the site counts some some thirty more or less discontinuous existing staircases. However, their important number did not indicate a genuine distributive space but rather a random organization in a succession of commissioned pieces, passing from one gallery to another, from a reserve to a reading room, with nothing in between; all the interstices having been filled up under the pressure of the constant requirements for additional surface areas.
Image Courtesy © Takuji Shimmura
- Architects: Bruno Gaudin Architecte DPLG
- Project: Restructuring Of The Richelieu Site
- Location: 58 rue de Richelieu – Paris 75001
- Photography: Takuji Shimmura, Marchand Meffre
- Client: Ministry of Culture and Communication, Ministry of National Education – Higher learning – research and innovation
- Delegated project management: Operator of patrimony and cultural real estate projects of (OPPIC)
- Architects of Record: Atelier Bruno Gaudin & Virginie Brégal
- Chief Project Architect: Raphaële Le Petit with Guillaume Céleste, Céline Becker and Nicolas Reculeau
- Lighting engineer/designer: L’Observatoire 1 (Georges Berne with Emmanuelle Sebie)
- Technical engineering firm: EGIS bâtiments
Friday, October 27th, 2017
Article source: Gonçalo Duarte Pacheco
The project proposes the refurbishment of a house built in 1937. Located in the urban area of Caldas da Rainha, its origin is associated with the genesis of this whole urban area, which, at the beginning of the twentieth century, emerged in the west of the railway line that crosses the entire city.
Image Courtesy © Gonçalo Duarte Pacheco
- Architects: Gonçalo Duarte Pacheco
- Project: House Cr
- Location: Bairro da Ponte, Caldas da Rainha, Portugal
- Team: Luis Câmara Pestana
- Structural Engineering: Eng. Mário Pacheco
- Water and Sanitation: Eng. Mário Pacheco
- Project: 2015-2016
- Completion: 2017
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017
Article source: Central de Proyectos SCP
The project to reactivate the old Hacienda San Antonio Chable for a new hotel comprises the restoration and adaptation of the ancient buildings that make up the main settlement of the hacienda, as well as the open spaces, squares and gardens surrounding them. The hacienda, whose first records obtained date from the year 1813, began as a corn and livestock farm, and later as an henequen fiber production site.
Image Courtesy © Eduardo Calvo Santisbón
- Architects: Central de Proyectos SCP
- Project: Hacienda San Antonio Chablé Restoration for Chablé Resort
- Location: Choholá, Yucatan, Mexico
- Photography: Eduardo Calvo Santisbón
- Architects in charge: Arq. Ana Laura Puig Casares, Arq. Eduardo Calvo Santisbón, Engineer Luis Jorge Puig Espinosa
- Decoration: Paulina Morán
- Surface area: 50,000M2 (5 ha)
- Year: 2015
Thursday, June 29th, 2017
Article source: PICHARCHITECTS
This report is about the integral remodeling of Aura’s insurance company building, located in the urban center of Santa Coloma de Gramenet, inside the metropolitan area of Barcelona.
The project main objectives are the integral remodelling of the current building in order to update and revitalize its image from the street side view, make flexible, optimize and modernize the interior spaces, as so to adequate the building’s overall to its new needs and accessibility.
Image Courtesy © Simón García
- Architects: PICHARCHITECTS
- Project: Aura Seguros
- Location: Santa Coloma De Gramenet, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Simón García and Alberto Tallón
- Software used: Revit
- Main team: Felipe Pich-Aguilera, Teresa Batlle, Margherita Aricó, Jordi Camps, Jordi París, Pau Casaldaliga, Ute Müncheberg, Angel Sendarrubias
- Structures: Angel Sendarrubias
- Installations: RAC Arquitectura
- Measuring, budget and executive management: Enric Vijande
- Construction company: Calaf
- Remodeling surface: 1194,07 m2
- Construction ending: 2016
Tuesday, April 4th, 2017
Article source: Mariano Molina Iniesta
When faced sometimes with the question “what kind of architecture are we up to?”, the most convincing answer is probably “the one that circumstances allow”. This is particularly true in the case of a refurbishment, in which preexistences, coupled with the program and the wishes of the client, leave little room for a purely speculative proposal.
Image Courtesy © ImagenSubliminal
- Architects: Mariano Molina Iniesta
- Project: Refurbishment of a penthouse
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Photography: ImagenSubliminal
- Collaborators: Belén Collado González
- Builder: Comercial Illescas
- Built area: 204,25 m2 (housing) + 124,04 m2 (terrace)
- Construction: 2015-2016 (more…)
Friday, March 31st, 2017
Article source: Schiattarella Associati
Masseria Grottone, part of Masserie Maresca Farm-Hotel, built between 1812 and 1860 is an agricultural complex a few miles away from Ostuni. Dipped in 40 acres of centenary olive trees and Mediterranean scrub: a natural context of extraordinary richness.
Image Courtesy © Antonio Fatano
Sunday, February 12th, 2017
Article source: Veszprémi Építész Műhely Ltd.
In the 20th century the city management started to reconstruct the city centre twice but the reconstruction has never been finished.
Finally the reconstruction was finished a few years ago: we started to work on it in 2008 and it was finished in 2014.
You can see a long street in the city centre, on the one side of the street there is the old part of the city centre and on the other side there is a 20 storey building with the shopping center, which was built in 1970.
Image Courtesy © Dávid Kovács
- Architects: Veszprémi Építész Műhely Ltd., Főmterv Ltd. and Speos Ltd. (Zsolt György Kovács, Jana Beránková, Dávid Kovács, Márton Becker, Péter Lukács)
- Project: The reconstruction of the city centre
- Location: Veszprém, Hungary
- Photography: Dávid Kovács
- Software used: ArchiCAD
- Client: Veszprém City Council
- General contractor: Vemévszer Ltd.
- Landscape design: Dr. Albert Fekete
- Traffic engineering: Kinga Tóth
- Structural engineering: Gábor Huszka
- Public utilities: László Tuboly
- Accessibility: Ágota Ruttkay
- Project area: 30000 m2 public space and 29 m2 information pavilion
- Project Year: 2012-2014
Thursday, December 1st, 2016
Article source: Architecture Patrick Mauger
The restructuring and extension to the Lognes site for the Ministry of the Interior aims to make it the main Grand Paris training center.
A “blue” gallery has been created that acts as the project’s backbone and provides the distribution needed for the restructured buildings and extensions. It permits a separation between visitor, trainee and personnel movements and ensures the readability of the centre, with administrative premises to the south and training premises to the north.
Image Courtesy © Architecture Patrick Mauger
- Architects: Architecture Patrick Mauger
- Project: “Grand Lognes” training site
- Location: 27 Cours des Petites Écuries, 77185 Lognes, France
- Client: Ministry of the Interior
- Collaborators: Khephren, Cap Ingelec, Dal, Etamine, Avls, Alto Step, Alain Le Bahl, Sophie Barbaux
- Cost: €13,7 M
- Net Floor Space: 19,210 m² including a 1,113 m² extension
- Completion: 2016
Sunday, October 2nd, 2016
Article source: brandt+simon architekten
The upper apartment of a two family house in the south-west of Berlin was rebuilt and restored.
The future pastor´s flat of the church community of Schlachtensee extends over the first floor and the attic floor of the semi-detached house. As part of the modernization measure the attic was expanded and a direct connection between the two floors was planned.
Image Courtesy © brandt+simon architekten
Tuesday, September 27th, 2016
Article source: Equipo Olivares architects
This project intervened in a site resulting from gutting the interior of two historic (listed) buildings. We conceived the new building from the conservation of the historic façades, whose stability was assured by buttressing them with a metallic structure. Taking these façades as our starting point, we worked out a strategy to erect one building where two stood previously. We then set out to consolidate the height of the new slabs. To bridge the gap in preexisting elevations, we placed the open staircase-patio on the front of the building at no. 33, setting back the new volumen. In this way, the slabs would not face old gaps.
Image Courtesy © Rehab E Simon eo
- Architects: Equipo Olivares architects (JAVIER PÉREZ-ALCALDE SCHWARTZ, FERNANDO AGUARTA GARCÍA)
- Project: REFURBISHMENT SIMÓN BUILDING
- Location: C/CANDELARIA nº33 ESQUINA PLAZA de CANDELARIA, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Photography: Rehab E Simon eo
- Collaborator: RAQUEL PADRÓN LASO
- Surveyor: JOSÉ FLOREAL MARTÍNEZ
- Structure: AQUILINO DORTA
- Developer: EPCOT Canaria S.L.
- Built area: 826,91 m²
- Year of completion: 2016