Archive for the ‘Retail’ Category
Thursday, August 25th, 2016
Article source: Department of ARCHITECTURE Co., Ltd.
For Bangkok, or any other modern-day cosmopolitan cities, living conditions and spatial form continue to evolve. Bangkokians are now yearning for new possibilities of outdoor living space that can effectively answer to the tropical heat and its dense living condition where there is not much space for the outdoor. ‘The Commons’, a small retail development in the city center, is an attempt to create a new active outdoor space where people can comfortably enjoy it at anytime of the year.
The floating mass of the 3rd and 4th floor provides shading and rain protection to almost an entire semi-outdoor space underneath, Image Courtesy © W Workspace, Ketsiree Wongwan
- Architects: Department of ARCHITECTURE Co., Ltd.
- Project: The Commons
- Location: Thonglor 17, Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: W Workspace, Ketsiree Wongwan
- Software used: Rhino for mass study with Vray, 3DMax+Vray and AutoCAD
- Owner: The Commons Co., Ltd.
- Landscape Architect: Wabi-Sabi Studio Co., Ltd.
- Lighting Designer: Accent Studio
- Structural Engineer: Jet Structural
- M&E Engineer: EEC Engineering Network
- Environmental Graphic: be>our>friend studio
- Identity design: TNOP Design
- Construction Management: International Project Administration Co., Ltd. (InterPAC)
- Main Contractor: NL Development Public Co., Ltd.
- Façade Contractor: SC Glazing Co., Ltd.
- Construction Cost: 180 Million THB (USD 5,200,000)
- Area: 5,000 m2
- Construction Period: 2013-2016
Sunday, August 21st, 2016
Article source: Pimodek Architecture and Design Studio
The space is designed for Ertürk Textile Denim Showroom in İstanbul Merter with signature of Pimodek Architecture and Design Studio which was founded by Arch MSc H. Basri Hamulu; rather than fabric display wrapped around a system in high shelves, having a post industrial cultural atmosphere beyond product stacking and by acting with the idea of exhibition of the rolled up fabrics in natural poses.
Image Courtesy © Cemal Emden
- Architects: Pimodek Architecture and Design Studio
- Project: Erturk Textile Showroom
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- Photography: Cemal Emden
- Client: Ertürk Textile
- Design Team: Hasan Basri Hamulu, Ömer Hamulu, Erdem Hamulu, Emel Sönmezay, Naz Nalbantoğlu
- Total Construction Area: 650 m²
Wednesday, August 17th, 2016
Article source: Avcı Architects
Sustainable retail and residential center by Avci Architects in Istanbul, aims to integrate the landscape with residentials and serve as an ‘Eco-Lifestyle Center’. A partially enclosed series of botanical gardens celebrates nature and biodiversity with harmoniously retail merging. The spatial experience showcases nature while focusing on being a timeless and sustainable concept that takes advantage of richness of the site and its unique position.
Image Courtesy © Avcı Architects
- Architects: Avcı Architects (Selcuk Avci)
- Project: Eco-Lifestyle Center
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- Software used: 3ds Max
- Phase: Under Construction
- Project Date: 2015
Thursday, July 21st, 2016
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
Located on the Western boundary of Melbourne’s Central Business District, at the nexus between Collins Street and the Docklands, 600 Collins Street is within an area of the city that is evolving into a new precinct in its own right. Melbourne’s renowned cultural attractions, festivals and community events contribute to the city’s listing as ‘the most liveable city in the world’.
Image Courtesy © VA, Zaha Hadid Architects
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: 600 Collins Street
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Visualizations: VA
- Design: Zaha Hadid and Patrik Schumacher
- ZHA Director: Gianluca Racana
- ZHA Project Director: Michele Pasca di Magliano
- ZHA Project Architect: Juan Camilo Mogollon
- Local Architect: PLUS Architecture
- Structural Engineering: Robert Bird Group
- Building Services Engineering and Sustainability: ADP Consulting
- Planning Consultant: URBIS
- Quantity Surveyor: WT Partnership
- Building Surveyor: PLP
- Acoustics: Acoustic Logic
Tuesday, July 19th, 2016
Article source: OMA
The proposal for the 90 square meter Repossi flagship on Place Vendome divides the store into three distinct spaces – contextually referred to as street, gallery and salon. Based on the idea that the collection of jewelry will be experienced and purchased at three different speeds – fast, slow, very slow – each floor responds to the different paces of shopping.
The ground floor is the most public space. It works as an extension of the street providing a quick experience of the store. The first floor is a gallery, the level where the entire Repossi collection is exhibited. The basement is a salon. The most intimate space of the boutique, it allows customized service for clients and patient exploration of special pieces.
Image Courtesy © Cyrille Weiner
- Architects: OMA
- Project: Repossi Place Vendome
- Location: Paris, France
- Photography: Cyrille Weiner
- Client: Repossi
- Partner: Ippolito Pestellini Laparelli
- Team: Antonio Barone, Paul Cornet, Leonardos Katsaros, Francesca Lantieri, Kate Lee, Francesco Moncada, Silvia Sandor
- Local Architect: DATA Architectes
- Structure engineer: Batiserf
- MEP engineer: BET Louis Choulet
- Wall displays and mechanical displays: Goppion
- Standing displays: Sice-Previt
- Mirror design: Sabine Marcelis Studio
- Year: 2014, concept, 2016 built
- Status: Completed
Friday, July 8th, 2016
Article source: J. MAYER H. und Partner Architekten
The Miami Design District, a neighborhood dedicated to innovative art, design and architecture, has commissioned The Museum Garage to be built as part of its Phase III development.
It is a seven-story mixed-use structure with ground-floor retail and the capacity for 800 vehicles. Curated by Terence Riley of K/R (Keenen/Riley), the project will feature five dramatically different façades by WORKac, J.MAYER.H, Clavel Arquitectos, Nicolas Buffe and K/R (Keenen/Riley). The building will also feature a mural by Sagmeister & Walsh.
Image Courtesy © J. MAYER H. und Partner Architekten
- Architects: J. MAYER H. und Partner Architekten
- Project: MUSEUM GARAGE – Artistic façade design for a parking garage
- Location: Miami, Florida, U.S.A
- Software used: ArchiCad and Rhino
- Client: Miami Design District
- Partner in Charge: Juergen Mayer H.
- Project Architect: Wilko Hoffmann
- Team: Marcus Blum, Fabrizio Silvano
- Project Date: 2014-2017
- Completion: 2017
Tuesday, June 14th, 2016
Article source: MVRDV
MVRDV have opened the 133 Wai Yip Street in Hong Kong. An office transformation, with retail and restaurants, which strips an old industrial building down to its bare bones and uses only glass with stainless steel infill to build up the interior spaces. The 18.000m2 project, located on the Kwun Tong waterfront is part of a larger urban development scheme which aims to turn the post-industrial district of East Kowloon into Hong Kong’s new central business district (named CBD2). An entirely see-through office stands as an example to the goals of the project to give ultimate transparency within the workplace. The project was commissioned in 2013 by project developer GAW Capital and now stands as one of the flagship projects for the new business development, becoming the bridge between the neighbourhood’s industrial roots and it’s metropolitan future.
Image Courtesy © Ossip van Duivenbode
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: 133 Wai Yip Street
- Location: Hong Kong, China
- Photography: Ossip van Duivenbode
Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016
Article source: The American Institute of Architects (AIA)
H-E-B at Mueller, an 83,587 square foot retail store and fresh food market, includes a pharmacy, café, and community meeting space. It is located in the Mueller neighborhood, a mixed-use urban village in Austin, Texas located just three miles from downtown and two miles from the University of Texas, with excellent access to public transportation, open space, and bike routes. The project site is in the Mueller market district and backs to the south onto a residential portion of the development. Input from the 16 surrounding neighborhoods and the City of Austin informed the project design, which showcases many sustainable design innovations.
Image Courtesy © H-E-B
- Architects: Lake|Flato Architects, H-E-B Design + Construction, Selser Schaefer Architects
- Project: H-E-B at Mueller
- Location: 1801 E 51st Austin Texas 78723 United States
- Photography: H-E-B
- Joint Venture or Associate Architect: Selser Schaefer Architects
- Project Site Context/Setting: Urban
- Building or Project Gross Floor Area: 83,587 square feet
- Project Completion Date: July, 2013
Sunday, March 27th, 2016
Article source: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS and LAISNÉ ROUSSEL
This mixed-use development (residential properties, offices, panoramic bar, shops, shared spaces) is to be found at the intersection of Rue Cazeaux and Rue Beck in Bordeaux’s Gare Saint Jean neighbourhood. It includes 199 homes, 3,770 m² of office space and 500 m² of retail outlets.
Canopia, as the development is known, aims to become a focal point within the city. It is an urban landmark which, come nightfall, becomes a lighthouse or a star in the skyline of this regional city.
Residents and visitors to the city will enjoy a unique vantage point over the surrounding region.
Image Courtesy © SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS and LAISNÉ ROUSSEL
- Architects: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS and LAISNÉ ROUSSEL
- Project: Canopia
- Location: plot 8.4, Bordeaux Saint Jean Belcier ZAC, France
- Developper: Pitch Promotion
- Area: 17,000 m²
- Status: 2016 competition
Wednesday, March 16th, 2016
Article source: 10 DESIGN
Greatwall Construction recently hosted a tenancy signing ceremony of the new Greatwall Office Complex in Wuhan. The complex has attracted a number of Banking & Investment firms and Fortune 500 companies including Datong Global Capital Management, Shanghai Yinlai Asset Management, and FedEx to name a few.
Image Courtesy © 10 DESIGN
- Architects: 10 DESIGN
- Project: Greatwall Complex
- Location: Wuhan, China
- Architectural Design Team: Nick Cordingley, Barry Shapiro, Brian Fok Vincent Fung, Adam Wang, Dan Narita, Mohamad Ghamlouch, MilošŽivković, Shaowen Deng, Yvonne Lim, Dawen Qin, Marko Vuković, Nan Xu, Qing Cao, Qing Lai, Sanrong Tian
- Landscape Design Team: Ewa Koter, Matthew Younger, Joyce Zan, Wu Shingrong
- CGI Team: Jon Martin, Shane Dale, Miguel Vicente, Yasser Salomon
- Consultant Team:
- 10 DESIGN – Lead Design Architect
- 10 DESIGN – Lead Landscape Design Architect
- Paring Onions – Lead Interiors Design Architect
- CITIC General Institute of Architectural Design and Research – Local Design and Engineering Institute
- DTZ – Project Management
- China Construction Third Engineering Bureau – Main Contractor
- Jangho Group Company Ltd. – Curtain Wall specialist/contractor
- CB Richard Ellis – LEED Consultant
- Client: Great Wall Construction Industry
- Sustainability: LEED BD+C: Core & Shell Platinum Pre-Certified
- Service: Architecture, Landscape, CGI (more…)