Archive for the ‘Retail’ Category
Friday, February 12th, 2016
Article source: Jacques Ferrier + chartier dalix architectes
The new metropolitan landscape of Paris.
This reinventer. Paris project offers a unique opportunity to transform the metropolis at a highly strategic spot: the Boulevard Périphérique (ring road). The team is proposing to metamorphosis this area into a shared landscape, to create openings and continuities, and to weave into it a network of gardens extending well beyond the site to connect Paris and Neuilly, from the Bois de Boulogne all the way to the Porte de Champerret.
Image Courtesy © Jacques Ferrier + chartier dalix
- Architects: Jacques Ferrier + chartier dalix architectes
- Project: TERNES The Multi-Layered City
- Location: Paris, France
- Photography: Jacques Ferrier + chartier dalix, SPLANN
- Lead contractor: Jacques Ferrier architecture, charitier dalix architects, paris, with SLA landscaper, Copenhagen
- Operating partners: 3F (social housing landlord), Comptoir Richard (Tea grower), Mugo (urban framer), Arval (Car-sharing operator)
- Innovation partners: Woodeum (wood conceptor), Serge Airaudi (philosopher et ethnologist), Atelier BNP Paribas, Afnor, spice, Soft, Fluicity (community construction platform)
- Main technical Partners: Terrell (structure), Elithis (Fluids), DAL (Economist)
- Program: Offices (11,000 m2), housing for first-time buyers (4,200m2), social housing (1,800m2), School of Horticulture, tea grower boutique, retail shop.
- Visuals: Jacques Ferrier chartier dalix architectes / image SPLANN (perspective) / Jacques Ferrier chartier dalix architects (model)
- Client: BPN Paribas Real Estate, NBIM (investor)
- Surface area: 20,000m2
- Competition: January 2016
- Budget for work: NA
Friday, January 15th, 2016
Article source: Aedas
Evergrande Huazhi Plaza is a large scale mixed-use development located at the heart of Chengdu, containing retail, office, residential and hotel elements. The shopping mall, The ONE, was recently opened while the hotel, operated under The St Regis brand, and the Evergrande Huazhi Office Tower are already in operations.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Evergrande Huazhi Plaza
- Location: Chengdu, China
- Director: Ed Lam
- Client: Evergrande Real Estate Group
- Gross floor area: 430,000 square metres (Retail: 72,000 sqm; office: 60,000 sqm; hotel: 43,000 sqm; residential: 150,000 sqm)
- Completion year: 2015
Monday, January 11th, 2016
Article source: Tony Owen Partners
The Castlereagh by Tony Owen Partners is a 16 storey apartment building located in the bustling heart of Sydney’s CBD. It contains 55 luxury apartments, retail and office space..
Image Courtesy © Tony Owen Partners
- Architects: Tony Owen Partners
- Project: The Castlereagh
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Software used: Autocad, Maya, Rhino, 3_d studio
Tuesday, January 5th, 2016
Article source: Ippolito Fleitz Group
Ang Lee in the shopping mall? Our pan-Asian restaurant with a cocktail flavour.
Kent Hahne, successful restauranteur and cofounder of restaurant chain Vapiano, launched GinYuu, his latest concept restaurant,in late 2013. GinYuuemploys restaurant chain elements like front cooking and chip payment, which have already proved successful at Vapiano. Other wise GinYuusignals a new gastronomic departure, offering a pan-Asian Pacific kitchen combined with a lounge concept and cocktail menu. A pilot restaurant in Bonn was followed in October 2014 by a second location in Stuttgart’s new Milaneo shopping mall. The latter was designed by IppolitoFleitz.
Image Courtesy © Zooey Braun
- Architects: Ippolito Fleitz Group
- Project: GinYuu Stuttgart
- Location: Mailänder Platz 7, Stuttgart, Germany
- Photography: Zooey Braun
- Team: Peter Ippolito, Gunter Fleitz, Markus Schmidt, Tim Lessmann, Hanna Drechsel, Tobias Kroll
Axel Knapp, Kim Angenendt
- Client: Apeiron Restaurant & Retail Management Gmbh
- Illustrations: Farbenmetzgerei, Claudia Wagner
- Size: 360 m²
- Year: 10/2014
Sunday, December 20th, 2015
Article source: Morphogenesis
Located at the entrance of the 400-acre Uttorayon Township, the City Centre attempts to create a much-needed, organized commercial district for the city of Siliguri. It is positioned as an interface between the township and the city that envisages a new destination for the local community and emerges as an urban landscape in between the offices and commercial components of the master plan.
Image Courtesy © Morphogenesis
- Architects: Morphogenesis
- Project: City Centre
- Location: Siliguri, India
- Software used: AutoCAD and Sketch up
Tuesday, December 8th, 2015
Article source: Ola Studio
Ari is a commercial development comprising of nine apartments and a ground floor retail tenancy. The building is located in Hawthorn East in Melbourne, just east of Auburn Village in the heart of the historical brick-making area, and only a stone’s throw away from the original brickworks site itself.
Image Courtesy © Paul Carland
- Architects: Ola Studio
- Project: ARI APARTMENTS
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Photography: Paul Carland
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup
- Construction Company: Method Constructions
- Site Area: 454m2
- Built Area: 1219m2
- Completed: March 2015
Tuesday, November 24th, 2015
Article source: Studio Ardete Pvt Ltd
Metal art has been an integral part of architecture throughout history in India. India had produced some of the greatest craftsmen of its time. But in last few decades, modernization in architecture has discouraged them largely due to time involved in their work. As a result they have been losing work, forcing them to quit their ancestral profession in search of alternate ways to earning .This poses a serious threat to permanent loss of art which developed over ages.
Image Courtesy © Studio Ardete Pvt Ltd
- Architects: Studio Ardete Pvt Ltd
- Project: MANASARA -The Profile Cutting Store
- Location: Panchkula, Haryana, India
- Area: 90 sqm
- Total cost: $ 60,000
- Completion: 2014
Tuesday, November 17th, 2015
Article source: Foster + Partners
It was announced today by the Egyptian Ministry of State for Urban Renewal and Informal Settlements MURIS) that Foster + Partners has won the competition to design the masterplan for the Maspero Triangle District in downtown Cairo. The neighbourhood, situated on the banks of the River Nile is characterised by its informal settlements and dense urban fabric. The 35ha masterplan aims to introduce new residential, commercial and retail spaces, while rehousing the majority low income population in the same area and retaining its unique character and spatial attributes.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: Maspero Triangle District Masterplan Design Competition
- Location: Cairo, Egypt
Saturday, October 24th, 2015
Article source: Abscis Architects
Two historic retail properties in a unique location on Ghent’s Veldstraat and Korenmarkt are revived with a mixed shopping and residential project. Adding to the initial demand for optimisation of the retail space,an opportunity is seized to redevelop the vacant upper floors, with their authentic interiors and stunning city views, into apartments. Combining renovation with new construction, the two corner premises are merged into one project, with a spacious two-level shop premises on the ground floor,and five apartments centred around a communalpatioon the upper floors.
Image Courtesy © Dennis De Smet
- Architects: Abscis Architects
- Project: Schuurkensstraat
- Location: Ghent, Belgium
- Photography: Dennis De Smet
Tuesday, August 4th, 2015
Article source: PAOLO FRELLO & PARTNERS
The design concept of Bou-tek, the new space designed by Paolo Frello for Mauden Spa, lies all in the title “Retail rEvolution”.
The Web and online buying have completely changed the consumer behaviour. New emerging retail trends have developed such as “Showrooming “, the practice of examining merchandise in a traditional brick and mortar retail store and then buying it online, sometimes at a lower price; ROPO (Research on line, purchase offline), the practice of searching and comparing the product online and then of purchasing it in the traditional store.
Image Courtesy © PAOLO FRELLO & PARTNERS
- Architects: PAOLO FRELLO & PARTNERS
- Project: BOU-TEK THE RETAIL REVOLUTION
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Photography: Germano Borrelli, Alessandro Gaja, Luz
- Software used: Autocad 2D, 3DS MAx
- Collaborators: Marzia Moretti e Daniele Gagliolo
- Client: Mauden SpA ( www.bou-tek.com)
- Total surface: 400 mq
- Ground floor: 150 mq
- Basament: 250 mq