Archive for the ‘Retail’ Category
Wednesday, May 23rd, 2018
Article source: Looney Ricks Kiss
Crosstown Concourse is the metamorphosis of urban blight into a vibrant community. It is the rebirth of not just a building, but an entire neighborhood. Though initially conceived as a home for a small start-up arts organization, with plans to organically revive the structure over decades, the project evolved into a 1.3- million-square-foot “vertical urban village.” Rooted in historical context and flourishing on the ideals of common purpose, social transformation, and inclusivity, the building has achieved full occupancy in less than one year.
Image Courtesy © Chad Mellon
- Architects: Looney Ricks Kiss
- Project: Crosstown Concourse
- Location: Memphis, Tennessee, USA
- Photography: Jamie Harmon, Nicholas McGinn, Aerial Innovations, Chad Mellon
- Associate Architect: DIALOG
- Associate Architect: Spatial Affairs Bureau
- Sustainability: LEED Platinum BD+C: Core and Shell
- Developer/Owner: Crosstown Development
- General Contractor: Grinder, Taber & Grinder, Inc.
- Landscape Architect: Hood Design Studio
Wednesday, May 16th, 2018
Article source: Schenker Salvi Weber Architekten ZT GmbH and feld72
Schenker Salvi Weber and feld72 shape the new corporate headquarters of Post AG on Vienna’s Rochusmarkt. The building ensemble is a composition of the highest quality which not only skilfully combines old and new but also features contemporary interior architecture which is distinguished by the open communication areas in the offices and the design of the mall. The integration of the building into the urban context enables it to enter into dialogue with its surroundings.
Image Courtesy © Bengt Stiller
- Architects: Schenker Salvi Weber Architekten ZT GmbH and feld72
- Project: Corporate headquarters of Post AG on Vienna’s in Austria
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Bengt Stiller
- Client: Österreichische Post AG
- Team Schenker Salvi Weber: Stefan Dobnig, Balthasar Freise, Sven Mayer-Schwieger, Martin Maidl, Alexandros Merkouris, Teresa de Miguel, Andreas Grasser, Thomas Morgner, Hans Reumann, Tiago Santana, Pia Schmidt, Katalin Toth, Maria Luisa de Villalonga, Eva Andrasova, Simona Masarova
- Team feld72: Nicol Bolletta, Norbert Engelhardt, Christoph Frantes, Andreas Grasser, Astrid Jagersberger, Edoardo Nobili, Gerhard Oberhofer, Kayhan Önder, Wilhelm Scherübl, Wenzel Witt-Döring
- Full Service General Contractors: ARGE HABAU Hoch- und Tiefbaugesellschaft m.b.H. and ÖSTU-STETTIN Hoch- und Tiefbau GmbH.
- Structural Engineering: Gmeiner Haferl Bauingenieur
- Building Physics & Acoustics: IBO – Österreichisches Institut für Bauen und Ökologie
Thursday, May 10th, 2018
Article source: CORE architecture + design
Centrolina is a 4,075 SF dual-concept mercato and osteria that blends a casual California aesthetic with an urban Italian market. The space personifies a market that you can dine within, where Chef highlights seasonality on her menu. An architectural “island” anchors and unifies the space and guests circulate around it to discover the intimate osteria. The “island” begins with the osteria bar, transitions into mercato counters, and terminates as the mercato espresso counter. This allows the spaces to feel cohesive, while also operating as two concepts.
Image Courtesy © Greg Powers
- Architects: CORE architecture + design
- Project: Centrolina
- Location: 974 Palmer Alley, Washington, DC, USA
- Photography: Greg Powers
- Project Team: Allison Cooke, Meryl Salinas
- General Contractor: rand construction
- MEP Engineer: Caliber Design, Inc.
- Structural Engineer: Rathgeber/Goss Associates
- Food Service Consultant: FDS Design
- Millwork: Dovetail Gallery
- Gross Built Area: 4,075 SF
- Completion Year: 2015
Thursday, May 10th, 2018
Article source: Architects of Invention
The building is located to the North-East of Moscow city centre on a street whose heritage dates back to the 17th century. Originally called Pokrovskaya street, which referred to the liberation of Moscow by the Poles, it became Bakuninskaya in 1918 in honour of MA Bakunin (1814-1876). Many historical houses have survived to this day, including the 200-year-old house at number 7- 15. In 1886, architect IG Kondratenko built the first factory building on the street, on the plots of houses No. 74 – 76. In 1885 the architect P. P. Shcheglov built a house (No. 54), distinguished by an unusually ornate facade: the pediment was decorated with the head of a lion. In 1891, the architect I. S. Kuznetsov built a house at number 78 for the manufacturer Denisov and in 1904, completed No. 94 for the clergy of the churches of the Moscow Pokrovskaya Community of Sisters of Mercy.
Image Courtesy © Architects of Invention
- Architects: Architects of Invention
- Project: Tatlin Apartments
- Location: 5 Bakuninskaya Street, Moscow
- Software used: SketchUp, Revit, Autocad
- Client: Vesta Development
- Lead London Team: Dominykas Daunys, Kam Dhiman, Carlos Hurtado de Mendoza, George Nishnianidze, Nikoloz Japaridze, Theo Kirn, Anton Khmelnitskiy, Vano Ksnelashvili, Jose Lozano, Albert Serrano, Davit Tsanava, Fabio Zampeze
- Moscow Executive Team: Ivan Babich, Irina Bratashova, Julia Mogilevtseva, Nikita Tsymbal
- Consultants: KB Konstrucktor (Structure & ME)
- Construction Cost: $42,750 mil ($2,850/m2)
- GIA (Gross Internal Area): 15000 m²
Thursday, May 3rd, 2018
Article source: Aedas
Vanke Tianfu Cloud City, designed by Aedas, is a prime mixed-use development in Chengdu comprising office, exhibition, hotel, residential, retail and market facilities. Situated within the Tianfu new development zone which is designated for hi-tech and sci-tech industries and in close proximity to Xinglong Lake, the project design is inspired by tech cloud.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Vanke Tianfu Cloud City
- Location: Chengdu, China
- Client: Vanke
- Gross Floor Area: 375,200 sqm
- Director: Kevin Wang
- Completion Year: 2019
Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018
Article source: Futur-2
An idyllic setting full of contrasts makes El Jardín del Edén a pioneering restaurant in the heart of Barcelona. A new project of Futur2.
In the legendary Calle Jovellanos, in the heart of Barcelona, a narrow, dark, charmless space has become an idyllic setting, full of contrasts and reflections, magic and sophistication. Its owners were confident that Futur2 could make it stand out and become fashionable.
Image Courtesy © El Jardín Edén
- Designer: Futur-2
- Project: El Jardin del Edén
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: El Jardín Edén
Friday, April 27th, 2018
Article source: Studio Gang
Located at a busy commercial intersection near Lake Michigan and adjacent to a commuter rail stop, City Hyde Park is designed to become a pedestrian-friendly hub that helps encourage the greater urban evolution of its neighborhood. When complete, the 500,000 sf mixed-use project will bring new options for living, shopping, and outdoor recreation and leisure to its full-block site, formerly an underused parking lot and strip mall.
Image Courtesy © Hedrich Blessing
- Architects: Studio Gang
- Project: City Hyde Park
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Photography: Hedrich Blessing, Tom Harris Photography
Tuesday, April 17th, 2018
Article source: dongqi Architects
The FRESHIGH designed by dongqi Architects is located on South Shaanxi road, in the center of Shanghai. The primary task in this project is to renovate the retail store into an appealing space to attract more customers and let it merge into the surroundings. At the end, it was turned into a refreshing space with soft green color filled all around. Hiding in the historic neighborhood, the designer hopes that it could give a surprise to the people passing by. They could stop and relax for a cup of fresh juice, and then go back to daily life.
Image Courtesy © dongqi Architects
Thursday, April 12th, 2018
Article source: Pickard Chilton
1144 Fifteenth Street is a forty-story high-performance office tower comprising twenty-seven floors of Class-A office space atop a thirteen-story podium comprising retail, restaurants, a fitness center and an 880-space parking garage. The elegant tower and its massing have been designed to be evocative of the surrounding Rocky Mountains and to establish a geological metaphor within its urban context.
Image Courtesy © Pickard Chilton
Monday, April 9th, 2018
Article source: PETER PICHLER ARCHITECTURE
Emerging Milan based firm Peter Pichler Architecture won an international invited competition for a mixed use development in Taiping, China. It is the first project in China for the young firm, that was founded in Milan two and a half years ago. The mixed use development consists of a boutique Hotel, residential apartments, offices, retail, parks and parking.
Image Courtesy © PETER PICHLER ARCHITECTURE
- Architects: PETER PICHLER ARCHITECTURE
- Project: Taiping Mixed Use Development
- Location: Taiping, Kunming, Yunnan, China
- Client: Keycity Group
- Team PPA Competition Phase: Peter Pichler, Gianluigi D´Aloisio, Daniele Colombati, Giovanni Paterlini, Simona Alù, Cem Özbaşaran, Silvana Ordinas
- Project Gfa: 100.000m²
- Year: 2018 winning invited international competition, 2018 beginning of Phase 1 construction, 2022 finish construction