Archive for the ‘Retail’ Category
Thursday, July 27th, 2017
Article source: Wutopia Lab
The mission to the architect is quite clear, the sales center must be finished in one week including 2-day design, 5-day construction.
For the sake of building up the sales center quickly, using thin-walled light gauge steel structure with sandwich board and polycarbonate sheet as bounding system is the only choice for architect.
Image Courtesy © Shao Feng
- Architects: Wutopia Lab (YU Ting, HUANG He)
- Project: Instant Red
- Location: Jiangsu, China
- Photography: Shao Feng
- Material: Light steel board, Sunlight panel
- Structure: Light steel
- Design Period: 2 days
- Date: November, 2015
Sunday, July 23rd, 2017
Article source: Dan Brunn Architecture
The flagship store of Road to Awe (RtA) is as streetwise as the clothes produced by this Los Angeles fashion brand. Los Angeles architect Dan Brunn, AIA, created a complex, dream-like space with geometric precision, meditative sensations, and positive/negative dualities. Graced with street exposure from two sides, the streamlined boutique proclaims its variably angled black façades to the public. Dan Brunn Architecture renovated a 1,200-square-foot, 1970s building to create the new retail space, maintaining its footprint, but completely reshaping its geometry to create a more cohesive, sculptural experience. Inside, the 10-foot-tall space features concrete floors, black mirrors, wood surfaces, and blackened steel beams, creating a minimalist backdrop to the edgy fashion. An interior garden contributes calm and brings a mannered sense of nature into the scene.
Image Courtesy © Brandon Shigeta
- Architects: Dan Brunn Architecture
- Project: Road to Awe (RtA)
- Location: California, USA
- Photography: Brandon Shigeta
Wednesday, July 19th, 2017
Article source: Aedas
Aedas-design Zhuhai Hengqin Headquarters Complex (Phase II) sits in a prime area on the Hengqin Island in Zhuhai, in close proximity to the Lotus Bridge that links to Cotai, Macau. Overlooking some of the largest casino resorts across the river, the development is set to be an integrated cultural tourism-oriented complex with two high-rise Grade-A office towers and a series of retail, banquet, entertainment and leisure venues.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Zhuhai Hengqin Headquarters Complex (Phase II)
- Location: Zhuhai, China
- Client: MCC International Investment Development Co., Ltd.
- Directors: Andy Wen and Keith Griffiths
- Gross Floor Area: 486,257 sq m
- Completion Year: 2019
Sunday, July 2nd, 2017
Article source: C.F. Møller Architects
Geysir is a new and modern residential tower in Kista, north of Stockholm, which, with its central location, simultaneous will serve as the City’s new meeting place.
Geysir will, in terms of both expression and content, become a significant building that will unify residents of Kista and the surrounding urban districts.
Image Courtesy © C.F. Møller Architects
- Architects: C.F. Møller Architects
- Project: GEYSIR – KV HEKLA
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- Client: Aros Bostad and Vasakronan
- Size: 15000 m² (13.000 housing and 2.000 m² retail)
- Year: 2017
Sunday, June 25th, 2017
Article source: 1O DESIGN
10 DESIGN is the Master Planner for the Jefaira development, overlooking the enchanting shores of the Mediterranean on the Egyptian North Coast. The site of 550 hectares stretches 3 km along the seafront with natural beaches and cliffs forming a unique topography.
Image Courtesy © 1O DESIGN
- Architects: 1O DESIGN
- Project: Egypt’s Mediterranean Coast
- Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Client: INERTIA Properties
- Design Team: Valentin Hunzinger, Alex Cozma, Jon Derrin, Ewa Koter, Peter Alsterholm, Yasser Salomon, and Sergii Zvagolskyi
- Design Partner: Gordon Affleck
- Design Director: Paul Rodgers
Sunday, June 18th, 2017
Article source: Ministry of Design
Durasafe, Singapore’s leading supplier of premium safety gear and equipment, approached MOD to create a gallery that would reinforce its existing strong brand presence for its predominantly male customer base and reach end users instead
Image Courtesy © Ministry of Design
Friday, June 16th, 2017
Article source: claessens erdmann designers
A newly developed XL formula for Albert Heijn where the focus point is fresh and really good food. With more than 200 quality products added to it’s assortment and staff as “masters” of their departments, this is the market-place where you can find everything you need.
Image Courtesy © claessens erdmann designers
Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017
Article source: FOJAB arkitekter
The Triangeln project is large and complex mixed use building with a wide variety of functions including retail, residential, office and parking spaces incorporated in a very limited area. These functions are woven together from a range of different properties and building bodies in a coherent multistory building.
Image Courtesy © FOJAB arkitekter
- Architects: FOJAB arkitekter
- Project: Triangeln
- Location: Malmö, Sweden
- Client: NCC Construction Sverige
- User: NCC Projekt, NCC Bostad
- Property owner: NCC Property
- Contractor: NCC Construction Sverige
- Construction cost: approx 1000 000 000 SEK
- Area: approx 63 000 m²
Thursday, May 11th, 2017
Article source: 10 Design
The Huafa Plaza development amalgamates 3 key development sites within the new Hengqin District in Zhuhai. It will accommodate over 300,000sqm of boutique retail, food and beverage facilities, and office space when built with expected construction completion in 2019.
The winning design consists of 3 high rise towers together with 3 boutique retail and F&B environments.
Image Courtesy © 10 Design
- Architects: 10 Design (Phil Gray, Alexey Golbraykh, Sonja Stoffels, Yang Wang, Jonathan Lynn, Jose Castaneda, Javier Manjon, Almudena Lacruz, Yan Liu)
- Project: Huafa Plaza
- Location: Zhuhai Hengqin New District , Zhuhai, China
- Client: Huafa Group
- 10 Design Architectural Design Team:
- Design Partner: Gordon Affleck
- Partner & Project Director: Miriam Au Yeung
- Site Area: 62,800sqm
- GFA: 254,000sqm (Above Grade) and 145,000sqm (Below Grade)
- Status: Anticipated Construction Completion 2019
Thursday, May 4th, 2017
Article source: v2com
There are many ways to express a brand; It could be a monotonous expression, or a diversified presentation. It is similar to magazine in this regard. A magazine has an unified tonality and values, it starts contact with readers through different contents, but a brand connects to clients through different products. It’s logicality, upgrade ability, and continuity have something in common.
The diversified way of life, Image Courtesy © Shao Feng
- Architects: RIGI Design
- Project: Magmode of Hangzhou Kerry Center Store
- Location: Chengdu, Hangzhou Shi, China
- Photography: Shao Feng
- Chief Designer: Liu Kai
- Design Team: Liao Wan-Tong
- Author: Liu Kai
- Main Materials: Metal Plate, Baking Varnish, Felt, Art Paint, Leather
- Area: 250M2
- Design Time: 2016.08
- Built Time: 2016.11