Archive for the ‘Room’ Category
Tuesday, January 27th, 2015
Article source: heri&salli
The architects’ studio heri&salli designed the VIENNESE GUEST ROOM for the Gegenbauer Vinegar Brewery in Vienna. They created guest rooms in 5 small apartments in a Viennese apartment building, with the bare minimum of intervention. The main and practically the sole piece of furniture is the socalled VIENNESE GUEST BED.
Image Courtesy © Hans Schubert
- Architects: heri&salli
- Project: VIENNESE GUEST ROOM
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Hans Schubert, Minna Liebhart
- Team: Wolfgang Novotny
- Client: Erwin Gegenbauer
- Started: September 2014
- Finished: Jänner 2015
Thursday, January 15th, 2015
Article source: fmd architects
The project is a renovation & extension the existing consulting rooms for Knox Orthopedic Group, adjacent to Knox hospital. The main entry is via the Knox hospital car-park, with the rear entry within a residential street.
The brief was to extend the existing administration spaces and reception area and add 2 additional consulting rooms.
Image Courtesy © John Gollings
- Architects: fmd architects
- Project: Surgeon’s Rooms
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Photography: John Gollings
- Project Completion: 2014
- Project Team: Fiona Dunin, Andrew Carija, Robert Kolak, Owen Castley
- Builder: Malin Construction
- Structural Engineer: Macleod Consulting
- Services Engineer: BRT Consulting
- Building Surveyor: Wilsmore Nelson Goup
- Town Planner: Urbis
- Landscape Architect: Katherine Rekaris
Wednesday, December 24th, 2014
Article source: Camilo Rebelo
OVO[i] project was a challenge of a deeply restless client, which proposed the construction of a space to install one sculpture from Rui Chafes – Semente[ii]. This room is in the basement of his home in Fideris, located in the Swiss Alps.
This ‘Trojan Egg’ is the first stage of the project OVO. The purpose of this wooden Egg is to create a void, to unveil a new dimension and through it potentiate mystery. Mystery is a condition that is very close to disappear from our civilization. This value is for us one of the main reasons of life, and therefore the Egg is the dimension we choose to express it.
Image Courtesy © Camilo Rebelo
- Architects: Camilo Rebelo
- Project: Trojan Egg
- Location: Swiss, Switzerland
Thursday, December 18th, 2014
Article source: Clara Nubiola
This project started some time ago. Close relatives brought up the idea of constructing a wc/changing room in the garden. A place to change in and out of a bathing suit since the pond is used as a pool, thus avoiding having to go to the house in order to get changed. A place also to wash one’s hands after the “calçotades” that have already been established as a winter tradition. Pen, paper and inspection of the area to decide where would we place it.
Image Courtesy © Adrià Goula
- Architects: Clara Nubiola
- Project: Dressing Room for a Garden with a Pond
- Location: Tarragona, Spain
- Photography: Adrià Goula
Wednesday, December 17th, 2014
Article source: In-es.artdesign
iMovie is one of the various iRooms formats, a room with a film projector on the wall that you can manage directly from the included iPad, the soft curves of the bed structure, of the closet, and of the big Jacuzzi with view, suggested us the use of spherical lamps to emphasize the sinuosity of the shapes and of the context. The Luna pendant lamps by In-es.artdesign, perfectly adapted to our needs both for their shape and for the material used which resembles the surface of the moon. Inside the lamps we inserted RGB LED lamps that can be regulated in intensity and in color directly through iPad.
Image Courtesy © In-es.artdesign
Tuesday, December 16th, 2014
Article source: Klopf Architecture
What was once a disjointed set of rooms were all combined into one large great room, complete with a new kitchen. The open, modern design space admits light and openness to nature and allows this family with small children to live together in comfort.
Image Courtesy © Mariko Reed
- Architects: Klopf Architecture
- Project: Eichler Great Room Remodel
- Location: Mountian View, California
- Photography: Mariko Reed
- Software used: ArchiCAD
- Klopf Architecture Project Team: John Klopf, AIA, and Angela Todorova
- Contractor: Flegels Construction
- Year completed: 2013
Saturday, December 13th, 2014
Article source: Rafi Segal A+U
The Room is a film finishing studio housed within Technicolor facilities in New York City. Servicing films, documentaries and television, the studio includes three separately operated editing suites, a shared reception area and meeting spaces. The design of The Room aimed to create a unique work environment tailored to the specific needs and working habits of its users, while enhancing both the aesthetic experience and the functional -technical performance of the studio.
Image Courtesy © Rafi Segal & Ben Murray
- Architects: Rafi Segal A+U
- Project: The Room at Technicolor
- Location: New York, US State
- Photography: Kate Joyce
- Client: Benjamin Murray, The Room, Inc.
- Contractor: Re|Structure LLC
- Project Manager: Bill Topazio (PostWorks)
- Glasswork: Bold Glass and Metal Inc.
- Area: 1400SF
Friday, May 16th, 2014
Article source: XTU architects
A fertile market
If the world wanted to eat like the West, several planets would be needed…
Civilization will need to evolve: it must produce and consume differently !
Image Courtesy © XTU architects
- Architects: XTU architects (Anouk Legendre + Nicola Desmaziere, Studio Adeline Rispal)
- Project: FRENCH PAVILION EXPO MILANO 2015
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Software used: Rhinoceros, 3ds Max and Grasshopper
- Companies: C.M.C di Ravenna, Simonin
- Project leader: Mathias Lukacs
- Client: FranceAgriMer
- Program: Cultural installation, exhibition areas, restaurants, shops, VIP rooms.
- Competition: january 2014
- Contract: march 2014
- Building: september 2014
- Delivery: april 2014
- Building surface area: 3.532 m² shon / 3.286 m² usable
- Site’s area: 3.500 m²
- Costs: 14 m€ including taxes.
Tuesday, May 13th, 2014
Article source: Alessandro Isola
The award winning Le Monde winery nestles between the sea and the hills of Friuli in Western Italy, an area steeped in traditional wine culture.
The focus of the wine tasting room project was to create a space devoted to sensory experience and that ensured a constant visual connection with the beautiful surrounding vineyard, via the existing gallery windows.
To enhance this connection two large tasting tables extend in line with the rows of vines that stretch as far as the eye can see outside.
Image Courtesy © Marco Alberi Auber
- Architects: Alessandro Isola
- Project: The Wine Tasting Room for Le Monde
- Location: Pordenone, Italy
- Photography: Marco Alberi Auber
- Design Team: Alessandro Isola, Peter Sawczuk
- Area: 183 sqm
- Year: 2014
Thursday, March 13th, 2014
Article source: Elías Rizo Arquitectos
Located in a commercial area to the west of the city of Guadalajara, the project developed from the idea of creating a building with a removable metal frame capable of holding a machine with artificial waves for surfing, complemented by an architectural program consisting of bathroom dressing rooms, restaurant and administration which orbit around the main attraction.
Image Courtesy © Marcos García
- Architects: Elías Rizo Arquitectos
- Project: PUNTO SURF
- Location: Jalisco, México
- Photography: Marcos García
- Collaborators: Jenny Mora, Paola Hernández, Alma Osnaya, Jenny Camarena, Gabriela Chávez, Roberto Contreras, Rigo González, Andrea Zúñiga, Daniela Valdez, Maripily Roel, Diana Reséndiz, Rodrigo Ortega.
- Constructor: Ing. César Cervantes López
- Iluminación: Construlita
- Year finshed: 2013
- Project area: 1216 m2