Archive for the ‘Sailing Center’ Category
Tuesday, January 17th, 2017
Article source: DO architects
The kiteboarding and windsurfing centre in Svencelė transformed a remote kite spot into a major recreational hub in a single summer season. This container city forms just a small part of the major master plan to convert a 30 ha ex-soviet duck farm on the shores of Lithuania’s Curonian Lagoon into a residential and recreational community. The complex was built from 37 portable containers as a means of testing the planned urban structure and accelerating the future development of the area without enormous investments, critical at a time when the world financial crisis led to a lack of optimism about the ambitious projects that had been proposed.
Image Courtesy © DO architects
- Architects: DO architects (Aketuri Architektai)
- Project: Svencelė Kiteboarding and Windsurfing Centre
- Location: Svencelė, Klaipėda County, Lithuania
- Team: Andrė Baldišiūtė, Lukas Rekevičius, Milda Rekevičienė, Ignas Uogintas, Algimantas Neniškis
- Year: 2010
Wednesday, January 7th, 2015
Article source: AZPML
The project for the storage facilities of the High Performance National Sailing Centre, located in Santander, consists in consolidating the previous obsolete storage buildings for a single container over which we have planned a public rooftop. The project presents the problem of integrating in a limited space two activities that must be physically segregated, – i.e. private of use of the CEAR and public use of the canopy – while simultaneously creating a whole whose parts harmoniously coexist. Our proposal is to extend the public space above ground level, ensuring both storage and public space functions can be combined through an unconventional approach to public space design.
Image Courtesy © Alberto de la Cruz Briceño
- Architects: AZPML
- Project: 2014 ISAF Sailing World Championship Facilities
- Location: Santander, Spain
- Photography: Alberto de la Cruz Briceño
- Software used: Rhinoceros and Autocad
- Client: RFEV (Royal Spanish Sailing Federation)
- Completion: 2014
- Total Area: 2,000m2
- Budget: €4.5 million
- AZPML Team:
- Partners: Alejandro Zaera-Polo, Maider Llaguno
- Architects: Robert Berenguer, Ravi Lopes-Calamita, Cristina Castellvi, Carles Figueres, Ramón Subirá
- Contractor: ASCAN
- Construction Management: Riancho y Herrero, FUORMA3, Ana Gutiérrez Zurdo
- Engineering: OVE ARUP and Partners
- Quantity surveyor: Punto Arquitectura
- Awards: Architecture Award COACAN 2014
Saturday, February 22nd, 2014
Article source: Cubo Arkitekter
The buildings for the local sailing community and sailing sports activities for both tourists and visitors are situated in the middle of the Baltic Sea on the picturesque island of Bornholm in the small beautiful port of Hammerhavn.
Image Courtesy © Lars Due jensen + Cubo
- Architects: Cubo Arkitekter
- Project: Hammerhavn – Master plan and multipurpose buildings
- Location: Sænevej, Allinge
- Photography: Lars Due jensen, Martin Schubert
- Client: The Regional municipalityof Bornholm in partnership with Realdania
Friday, October 5th, 2012
Article source: Mestura Arquitectes
The objective of this intervention is to include under the large pergola Photovoltaic in the Forum Park of Barcelona, a program of the International Center for High Performance Sailing.
The uniqueness of the spaces to be treated, starting considerations requires both the environment and the possible actions in outer space, as the configuration of existing architectural elements, which determine many of the decisions of the project. We therefore propose a treatment in the facades that seek not to contrast with the gigantic scale of the element. The south facade is delayed until the first bay of the current structure to avoid contact of the new facilities with existing structural elements, while on the north side openings are covered with a curtain overlapping continuous acts wooden slats as a unitary element and neutral.
Image Courtesy Pedro Pegenaute
- Architects: Mestura Arquitectes
- Project: Catalonia’s International Centre For High Performance In Sailing
- Location: Forum Port, Sant Adrià del Besòs, Barcelona, Spain
- Scope Of Services: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision
- Client: Catalan Sailing Federation.
- Scheme Date: 2007
- On Site: June 2008 – December 2010
- Gross Area: 2.702,89 m2
- Construction Cost: Pem: 4.255.705,79€ (indoor and outdoor equipment included)
- Construction Company: TEYCO
- Others collaborators:
- AT3, Josep M. Oller, Technical architect. Economic consultancy.
- BOMA Miquel Angel Sala, architect. Structures consultancy.
- GRUPO JG, Industrial engineers. Installations consultancy.
- Photography: Pedro Pegenaute.
- Software used: AutoCAD 2012