Archive for the ‘School’ Category
Thursday, May 10th, 2018
Article source: architecten-en-en
This building accommodates an advanced vocational school and has been designed as an ensemble with the neighboring ROC on the Stappegoor Campus in Tilburg. The entrance is located on the side of the campus, which creates an omnidirectional building. It has been designed as a split-level volume surrounded by stories in different heights, allowing the various parts of the program to be accommodated in a reliable way that offers flexibility towards the future.
Image Courtesy © architecten-en-en
Wednesday, May 9th, 2018
Article source: ZEROKOBO DESIGN
This is a new company-founded nursery school that was established amid the Japanese government’s increased efforts to resolve the issue of children being put on waiting lists to enter day care facilities.
Facade daytime, Image Courtesy © Yohei Sasakura
- Architects: ZEROKOBO DESIGN
- Project: Nanairo Kyobashi Nursery School
- Location: Osaka, Japan
- Photography: Yohei Sasakura
- Client: Sevencube Corporation
- Floor Area: 92.14㎡
- Completion Time: March. 2017
Monday, May 7th, 2018
Article source: ABLM arquitectos
In the metropolitan area of the city of Salamanca, the municipality of Villares de la Reina stands out for its transformation during the last decades as it has one of the industrial estates of the city. The changes have partly disfigured the scale and transformed the material landscape conditions.
The almost invisible school proposes a reflection on the domestic scale of this kind of infrastructures, where the little ones must find spaces that they can catch, and places with which they can dream.
Image Courtesy © arq Colegio Villares
- Architects: ABLM arquitectos (Arturo Blanco + Laura Martínez)
- Project: The Almost Invisible School
- Location: Salamanca, Spain
- Photography: arq Colegio Villares
- Client: Junta de Castilla y León. Consejería de Educación
- Quantity Surveyor: Ángel García
- Structure: Jacinto de la Riva
- Mechanical Enginering: Fernando Aguado, Miguel Ángel Sanz
- Contractor: Gómez Crespo Obras y Servicios S.L.
- Area: 2.600 m².
- Situation: Villares de la Reina (Salamanca)
- Date: 2017/ 8
Tuesday, May 1st, 2018
Article source: v2com
Louis de Cormontaigne’s new gymnasium is located on the tip of the island between the Moselle River on one side and the canal on the other, a bow-shaped structure across from the day school and the motorway, the location’s major acoustic challenge. The building reproduces the orientation of the high school building and is perpendicular to the canal. It has also been designed according to the input of light with broad openings in Reglit glass on the north-by-northeast side to offer unified, ideal natural light. The south-by-southwest side has been designed as very opaque, like a mask—a large acoustic shield to counter the motorway noise. Work on the volumes and roofs, reproducing the shed-like appearance, also adds to the indoor staging and the design of the sports areas. Composed of a main all-purpose gym entirely clad in wood and a secondary gym for body-building, the new gym offers the best possible conditions for all sporting activities.
Image Courtesy © Mathieu Ducros
- Architects: aEa, agence Engasser+associés
- Project: Gymnasium of the Louis de Cormontaigne High School
- Location: Metz (57), France
- Photography: Mathieu Ducros
- Client: Région Alsace-Champagne-Ardenne-Lorraine
- Team: agence Engasser & associés ID+ (engineer)
- Budget: 2.9 M€ HT
- Area: 2,000 m² SP – 1,850 m² SU
- Year: 2013–2017
Thursday, April 12th, 2018
Article source: medusa group
Changes in the public education system in Poland have not kept up with the modern changes in the lives and activities of young people. Generation of the so-called millenials, which entered the high school age, forced a thorough reformulation of the approach to education. It also forced a review of the principles of shaping school buildings. The failure of the public sector began to use the private sector, producing a product that meets the requirements of education for young people.
Image Courtesy © medusa group
- Architects: medusa group
- Project: Akademeia High School
- Location: Warsaw, ul. Saint Ursula Ledóchowska 2 Authors, Poland
- General architekts: Przemo Łukasik, Łukasz Zagała
- Co-operation: Beata Bańka, Mariusz Okrajek, Anna Pawełczyk, Jarosław Przybyłka, Michał Sokołowski, Mateusz Rymar, Konrad Basan, Piotr Dećko, Michał Laskowski
- Interior Design: medusagroup, Studio Rygalik
- Landscape Architecture: urbandesign
- Construction: Static General contractor: Skanska S.A.
- Investor: Tacit Investment
Friday, April 6th, 2018
Article source: RENESA ARCHITECTURE DESIGN INTERIORS STUDIO
Learning environments are ever growing and changing. There is a growing awareness among societies and culture for pre-schools to be diverse and provide learning environments through the built form. As learning spaces re-focus on team-based, interdisciplinary learning, they are moving away from standardized , one-size-fits-all approach to teaching. Instead, it is becoming a norm that students learn in a variety of ways, and the differences be supported. Students often learn better by doing it themselves, so teachers are there to facilitate, not just to instruct. Here, the built Tetris-ized environment becomes an enabler and a catalyst to nurture the young minds of pre-school students.
Image Courtesy © Vibhor Yadav
- Architects: RENESA ARCHITECTURE DESIGN INTERIORS STUDIO
- Project: The Tetrisception
- Location: New Delhi, India
- Photography: Vibhor Yadav
- Design Team:
- Client: Mr. Nirmal Jain
- Founder| Principal Architect: Sanjay Arora
- Studio Head Architect| Concept Design Head: Sanchit Arora
- Interior Designer| Decor Head: Vandana Arora
- Studio Technical Head| Architectural: Virender Singh
- Architecture Intern: Manav Dang
- Studio In-charge: Dharminder Kumar
- Site Contractor – Star Construction: Mr. Umesh Mehta.
Tuesday, April 3rd, 2018
Article source: lionel debs architectures
Aristide Briand Primary School is located in the historical city center of Benfeld, a small city of 5.000 inhabitants in the East of France. The school takes place in a middle-aged dense urban fabric.
Main Facade, Image Courtesy © lionel debs architectures
- Architects: lionel debs architectures
- Project: Benfeld Aristide Briand Primary School
- Location: Benfeld, France
- Photography: Emmanuel Kuhn
- Lionel Debs Architectures, architect
- Buisson Grosse, associate architect
- Mcis, Structure Engineering
- Jost, Mechanical Engineering
- Les Économistes, Économy
- C2Bi, Planning and Organization
- Budget: 2850000 €HT
- Surface: 1500 m2, 700m2 new building and 800m2 Renovation of Existing Building
Sunday, April 1st, 2018
Article source: v2com
PJHM Architects have designed an agricultural educational facility for the Coachella Valley Unified School District. Intense climate mitigation and the revitalization of an agricultural community define the Agriculture + Natural Resources Academy (Ag+NRA). PJHM have taken a collaborative approach with the District, nonprofits, and local industry leaders to set the school’s long-term vision, tailoring its campus to suit the growing need for agriculturally based curriculum. This project will also provide a joint-use haven for a roster of local farms.
CVHS Agriculture + Natural Resources – Plaza, Image Courtesy © PJHM Architects
- Architects: PJHM Architects
- Project: Coachella Valley High School Agriculture + Natural Resources Academy
- Location: California, USA
- Client: Coachella Valley Unified School District
Sunday, March 25th, 2018
Article source: Zechner & Zechner ZT GmbH
Completion of the listed complex by Peter Behrens
Compared to the original building by Peter Behrens, who in the 1930s created an internationally regarded masterpiece of Modernism with Tabakfabrik Linz, the new development added in the early 1980s was not of the same architectural standard.
The 80s addition was demolished, releasing a site that the Linz authorities thought would be the perfect location for the main building of the Tabakfabrik complex and, based on its key geographical role in the fabric of the city, they decided it would be a historic chance to positively impact the development of the city.
Image Courtesy © Zechner & Zechner ZT GmbH
- Architects: Zechner & Zechner ZT GmbH
- Project: NeuBau3
- Location: Linz, Austria
- Software used: Autocad, Revit
- Project Development / Investor: Bodner Bau GesmbH & Co KG, Kufstein
- Open Space Planning: Korbwurf/Korbinian Lechner, Vienna