Archive for the ‘Science Park’ Category
Sunday, June 4th, 2017
Article source: MOAA Architects
In 2012, Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology held a design competition by invitation for their new Health Sciences Building. MOAA Architects in association with DCA received first prize. Following award of the project, extensive stakeholder consultation began in order to redefine what was a very traditional brief for teaching of specialist nursing education.
Image Courtesy © MOAA Architects
- Architects: MOAA Architects
- Project: Toi Ohomai Health Sciences Building
- Location: Rotorua, New Zealand
Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017
Article source: Mecanoo architecten
With its wide variety of distinct buildings, the Utrecht Science Park is a microcosm of modern architecture. To fit into its surroundings, Mecanoo has designed the new Life Sciences Incubator (LSI) with horizontal layers, while the detailed glazed facade adds a unique touch.
Image Courtesy © Mecanoo architecten
- Architects: Mecanoo architecten
- Project: Life Sciences Incubator, Utrecht Science Park
- Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Client: University of Utrecht
- Project management and cost consultant: Giesbers Ontwikkelen en Bouwen, Wijchen
- Structural engineer: Croes, Nijmegen
- Mechanical and electrical engineer: DKC, Nijmegen
- Consultant acoustics, building physics and fire safety: LBP|Sight, Nieuwegein
- Main contractor: Giesbers Ontwikkelen en Bouwen, Wijchen
- Programme: 6.200m2 of offices, laboratories and an atrium with meeting spaces, BREEAM Outstanding
- Design: 2013
- Realisation: 2014-2015
Tuesday, March 14th, 2017
Article source: Xabier Barrutieta Architects
Orona IDeO – innovation city is the flagship design of the new extension of the Technology Park of San Sebastian (Hernani, Basque Country, Spain). The purpose of this project is to house the company´s Innovation Ecosystem, which stands out as it brings together different synergetic activities –business, technology canters and university-. The project is an answer to the need of common networking space of an international company, creating a place that is both a flagship and a common home for its more than 4,500 employees and a hub for researchers and students on elevation, urban mobility, energy and eco-technology branches.
Image Courtesy © Agustín Sagasti
- Architects: Xabier Barrutieta Architects
- Project: Orona Ideo
- Location: Technology Park of the Basque Country, 20120 Hernani (Gipuzkoa), Basque Country, Spain
- Photography: Agustín Sagasti
- Total built surface area: 49,950m2
- Building period: 2012 – 2016
Saturday, December 17th, 2016
Article source: Alper Derinbogaz
Science Island is a project in Kaunas, Lithuania designed as an icon of the paradigm between the natural landscape, mankind’s intrinsic curiosity of the complexity of the universe, and the responsibility human have within it by Alper Derinbogaz. Its ultimate aim is to achieve a high quality physical and intellectual access, establishing itself as a landmark institution in the dissemination of knowledge about the world, and have its architectural syntax play an active role in the interpretation of that knowledge.
Image Courtesy © Alper Derinbogaz
- Architects: Alper Derinbogaz
- Project: Science Island: An Emphatic Approach to Nature
- Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
- Design: Alper Derinbogaz
- Team: Sevki Topcu, Selcuk Kismir, Thibault Jalby, Ecem Cinar, Seda Duran, Ayse Tugce Pınar, Aygul Cinar, Deniz Karadere, Ali Asad, Mažvydas Samuolis
- Consultant: Transsolar
- Project Area: 9000 sqm
- Design Completion Date: 10.09.2016
Saturday, June 4th, 2016
Article source: 10design
The Bay Valley Science and Technology Park is a 400,000sqm office development in New Jiangwan, Shanghai. It is one of 10’s first major significant projects completed in the summer of 2014. The project is comprised of low and mid-rise corporate headquarter office buildings designed for city and regional enterprises. The project contains 22 office buildings ranging in height from 40m tall to 80m tall.
Image Courtesy © Kerun Ip
- Architects: 10design
- Project: Bay Valley Science & Technology Park
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Photography: Kerun Ip
- CGI Team: Jon Martin, Shane Dale
- Co Design Partners: Barry Shapiro, Scott Findley
- Architectural Team (Shanghai): Barry Shapiro, Tania Conforti, Chen Yue Yue, Dai Yu Cheng, Dawen Qin, Zhu Qi
- Architectural Team (Hong Kong): Scott Findley, Garry Phillips, Nigel Height, Sean Quinn, Laura Rusconi Clerici
- Architectural Team (Edinburgh): Adrian Boot, Philip Gray, Robert Rodriguez
- Landscape Team: Ewa Koter, Fabio Pang
- Interiors Team (10+paring onions): Alex Wong, Nick Chow, Kylie Chow, Winky Siu
- Site: 160,000 sqm
- GFA: 400,000 sqm
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016
Article source: White Arkitekter
White Arkitekter has designed the new building at the entrance of Johanneberg Science Park on the Chalmers University of Technology campus in Gothenburg, Sweden. The building, a new iconic landmark, will act as an incubator for the stimulation of ideas and innovations within the construction sector, as well as a catalyst for private, public and academic sector collaborations.
Image Courtesy © Åke E:son Lindman
- Architects: White Arkitekter
- Project: Johanneberg Science Park
- Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
- Photography: Åke E:son Lindman
- Client: Chalmersfastigheter
- Project Architects: Mattias Lind, Johan Lundin
- Structural Engineer: Tyréns AB
- Services Engineer: Bengt Dahlgren AB
- Contractor: Skanska
- Area: 8,200 sq m
- Cost: 285 million SEK
- Completed: 2015 (more…)
Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013
Article source: Pich-Aguilera Arquitectos
The new experimental center for the audiovisual production it is located in the occupied zone by the old infantry quartering of the actual Technological scientific park of the city ofLeridain Gardeny. This infrastructure starts with the creation of MAGICAL, a complex with Equipping and services for the creation of audiovisual contents addressed to various fields and market strategies.
Image Courtesy © Pich-Aguilera Arquitectos
- Architects: Pich-Aguilera Arquitectos + .Josep Mª Puigdemasa, Arquitecto
- Project: “Magical” TECHNOLOGICAL SCIENTIFIC PARK
- Location: GARDENY, LÉRIDA
- Photography: Pich-Aguilera Arquitectos
- Authors: Felipe Pich-Aguilera Baurier. Arquitecto, Teresa Batlle i Pagés. Arquitecto, Josep Mª Puigdemasa, Arquitecto.
- Group Responsible: Xavier Milanés, Angel Sendarrubias,Pau Casaldàliga.
- Project Responsible: Iván Acevedo, Bernat Ros.
- External project: Pamias-Puigdemasa arquitectos.
- Specialists: Pamias Ingenieria, Estructuras tensadas: IASO.
- Executive management: Felip Solsona y Marga Bernadó.
- Building surface: 7.448 m2
- Building cost (PEM): 5.232.415 €
Thursday, August 1st, 2013
Article source: AEC Krymow & Partners
The international architectural design competition of the Pomeranian Science and Technology Park in Gdynia was won by AEC Krymow & Partners, an architectural office from Warsaw. The current area of the Technology Park is more than 80 thousand sqm. Inside the ultra-modern building complex there are offices, laboratories, workshops, conference spaces, whilst on the ground floor there is space for dining, shopping and other commercial services.
Image Courtesy © AEC Krymow & Partners
- Architects: AEC Krymow & Partners
- Project: Pomeranian Science and Technology Park
- Location: Gdynia, POLAND
- Main architect: Georg Krymow / Dipl. Ing. Architekt
- Building and executive project: Georg Krymow, Daniel Cabanek, Joanna Rogóyska, Karol Zdanuczyk, Michał Reduta, Patrycja Marcinkowska, Krzysztof Starzyk, Dominik Dratwa, Marcin Wesoły, Jacek Pietruszka, Andrzej Sobótka, Ireneusz Sosnowski, Artur Bronisz
- Supervision: Georg Krymow, Daniel Cabanek
- Investor: Gdyńskie Centrum Innowacji
- Total Area: 64 000 sqm
- Built-up area: 13 055 sqm
- Brutto volume: 246 055 cubic metres
- General contractor: Warbud S.A.
- Issue date: 2010
- Realisation date: 2013
Saturday, August 18th, 2012
Article source: Wingårdh Arkitektkontor AB
At the side of the motorway between Rostock and Berlin stands a brown sign with the stylised drawing of the “Müritzeum”. A sign that says there is something worth seeing!
The remarkable thing is not the building but the large national park and the seven large lakes. Lake Müritz is the largest in Germany (Bodensee is shared with Switzerland and Austria), it is relatively shallow but all navigable. This is where the cranes stop before continuing their migration to lake Hornborga.
Image Courtesy Wingårdh Arkitektkontor AB
- Architects: Wingårdh Arkitektkontor AB
- Project: Müritzeum
- Location: Waren, Germany
- Partner :Wingårdh Arkitektkontor AB,DGI Bauwerk Gesellschaft von Architekten mbH
Image Courtesy Wingårdh Arkitektkontor AB
Saturday, August 4th, 2012
Article source: Idcode
Competition site is located on the periphery of the city, where the city meets the country side of fields and loosely scattered single-family housing. Site is in close proximity to the neighbourhood shopping centre “Karolinka” and the newly established conference centre. Both existing buildings located near the area, cause a temporary influx of people in and around the city, which enables the integration of people with what is happening in the park.
Science and Technolo gy Park
- Architects: Idcode
- Project: Science and Technology Park
- Location: Opole, Poland
- Project Year: 2012
- Project Area: 6400 sqm