Archive for the ‘Senior center’ Category
Sunday, November 1st, 2015
Article source: Iredale Pedersen Hook Architects
On the 13th of March 2011 the Giga people’s home town of Warmun, some 200km south of Kununurra, was devastated by a catastrophic 1:300 year flood event. 300 people were relocated to Kununurra for 12 months while some 100 houses were rebuilt.
Iredale Pedersen Hook Architects were tasked with rebuilding the community facility buildings and the old Walumba Aged Care centre.
Image Courtesy © Peter Bennetts
- Architects: Iredale Pedersen Hook Architects
- Project: Walumba Elders Centre
- Location: Warmun, Australia
- Photography: Peter Bennetts
- Software used: Vectorworks, Sketch-up
- Architect Team: Finn Pedersen, Adrian Iredale, Martyn Hook, Joel Fuller, Rebecca Angus, Jason Lenard, Nikki Ross, Caroline Di Costa, Khairani Khalifah, Drew Penhale, Mary Mcaree, LaylaCluer, Jonathan Alach, Matt Fletcher, Jonathon Ware
- Client: Building Management and Works Department of Finance WA, Warmun Community WA
- Builder: Norbuilt
- Designed: 2012
- Built: 2013-2014
Sunday, May 27th, 2012
Article source: J M Carvalho Araújo Arquitectura e Design
Inside a white house lives a lady without progeny. She donates the land, home and attachments to build a home for the elderly. She only requires that the construction be done prior to her death. It all starts from the house; it is the center and the symbol.
Image Courtesy Hugo Carvalho Araújo
- Architects: J M Carvalho Araújo Arquitectura e Design
- Project: Lar Casa de Magalh
- Location: Ponte de Lima, Portugal
- Client: C. M. de Ponte de Lima – Casa do Povo
- Date: 2006 – 2010
- Team: Joel Moniz, Alexandre Branco, Sandra Ferreira, Mónica Peixoto, Liliana Costa, Ana Vilar, Lília Costa, Nuno Vieira, Filipe Russell
- Landscape Design: João Bicho e Joana Carneiro, Arquitectos Paisagistas
Thursday, April 26th, 2012
Article source: HVE architecten
Situated in Leidschenveen, the youngest district of The Hague, four apartment blocks have been designed by HVE architecten. One of the blocks is social housing; the others are regular housing designed for senior citizens. The initial urban plan of a long, consecutive strip of apartments was redesigned in order to create a visual connection between the separate park areas on either side of the building lot. As a result, four apartment blocks of four and five storeys were designed with a total of 81 apartments.
View from public park across the street at night (Images Courtesy Christiane Wirth)
- Architect: HVE architecten
- Project: Senior Housing De Dijken 10, Den Haag
- Location: Leidschenveen, The Netherlands
- Project Team: Gerrit van Es, Sascha van Esch, Lia Tuijt
Tuesday, January 10th, 2012
Article source: CVDB Arquitectos
The project is located between in an urban area with a residential neighbourhood mainly with social housing for low income families uphill and an area with various public buildings at the lower part of the valley. The elderly day centre is in between these rather different social, programmatic and physical realities, thus celebrating both its private and public character.
Building with the surrounding landscape
- Architects: CVDB Arquitectos
- Project: Day care and Elderly Residential Centre
- Location: Oeiras, Portugal
- Project data: Open national competition – 1st prize, 2002, completed 2007
- Client: Câmara Municipal de Oeiras (Oeiras Municipality)
- Total Built area: 5 000 sq m (53 820 sq ft)
- Construction cost: € 4 000 000 euros ($ 5,705,198 USD)
- Competition stage: Cristina Veríssimo, Diogo Burnay, Patrícia Ribeiro with Catarina Anastácio and João Roldão.
- Basic design: Cristina Veríssimo, Diogo Burnay, Patrícia Ribeiro with Ana Duarte, Catarina Anastácio, João Roldão and Marta Frazão.
Sunday, January 8th, 2012
Article source: Gwynne Pugh Urban Studio
Client: CAPSLO focuses on helping residents of San Luis Obispo County achieve economic self-sufficiency. The organization aids its participants in securing employment, maintaining adequate housing, receiving medical services, and providing childcare. CAPSLO offers its services to 43,000 people across San Luis Obispo County and nine other central and southern California counties nine other central and southern California counties.
- Architects: Gwynne Pugh Urban Studio
- Project: CAPSLO Homeless Services Center
- Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
- Client: Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, Inc. (CAPSLO)
- Size: 26,000 square feet building + 26,000 square feet outdoor space
- Software used: AutoCAD, Rhino, Photoshop, 3D Studio MAX, Illustrator
Wednesday, April 20th, 2011
Smith Consulting Architects-Designed Building Reuse Project For Downtown San Diego Senior Center Achieves Leed Gold
The new Gary and Mary West Senior Wellness Center, which was adapted from a former 17,460-square-foot auto dealership originally built in 1927, has officially received LEED-NC Gold Certification from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). Located at the northeast corner of Fourth Avenue and Beech Street at 1525 Fourth Avenue, the once vacant building was fully restored to bring vibrant purpose to downtown San Diego, serving the region’s growing senior population.
Gary & Mary West Senior Wellness Center Front Desk