Archive for the ‘Services Centre’ Category
Monday, January 8th, 2018
Article source: v2com
The Îles-de-Boucherville National Park, which offers great outdoor experiences just minutes away from downtown-Montreal, is now equipped with a new discovery and services center designed by Smith Vigeant Architectes.
An harmonious assembling of textures, Image Courtesy © Adrien Williams
- Architects: Smith Vigeant architects
- Project: Services and Discovery Center of Îles-de-Boucherville National Park
- Location: Boucherville, Canada
- Photography: Adrien Williams
- Client: SEPAQ
- Engineers: WSP and Bouthillette Parizeau
- Landscape Architect: BC2
- General Contractor: Construction R. Bélanger
- Project Manager: Daniel Smith
- Architecture Team Members: Stéphan Vigeant, Anik Malderis, Cindy Neveu, Mariana Segui, Maxime Varin
- Budget: 3.5 M$
- Area: 510 m2/5490 ft2
- Project occupation date: June 2017
Friday, November 3rd, 2017
Article source: COOP HIMMELB(L)AU
The Customer Information Centre and Event Forum PANEUM – Wunderkammer des Brotes – for the company Backaldrin in Asten consists of two elements: a box shaped plinth building with foyer and event rooms plus the “Wunderkammer des Brotes”, a two storey freeform exhibition area floating on top. The chosen materials augment the contrast of these two elements: The square base building shows a cast-in-place concrete façade while the rounded wood structure of the museum is clad with stainless steel shingles.
Image Courtesy © COOP HIMMELB(L)AU
- Architects: COOP HIMMELB(L)AU
- Project: PANEUM – Wunderkammer des Brotes
- Location: Asten, Austria
- Client: backaldrin Österreich The Kornspitz Company GmbH
- Planning: COOP HIMMELB(L)AU – Wolf D. Prix & Partner ZT GmbH
- Design Principal: Wolf D. Prix
- Design Partner: Karolin Schmidbaur
- Project Lead: Friedrich Hähle, Günther Weber (until 2015)
Sunday, April 30th, 2017
Article source: Raum
The Trucks Maintenance Centre is an antenna of the Ile et Vilaine departmental equipment park (Britany, France).
The project proposes to create a dialogue between the new building and the landscape bocage.
Image Courtesy © Audrey Cerdan
- Architects: RAUM
- Project: Trucks Maintenance Centre
- Location: La Gouesnière, Britany, France
- Photography: Audrey Cerdan
- Client: Conseil Régional de Bretagne
- Engineering: Otéis (TCE), Acoustibel (acoustique)
- Materials: Wood, Concrete, Polycarbonate, Vegetalize roof & Steel
- Cost: 3 800 000 € (excl. tax)
- Surface: 2 352 m2
- Year: 2016
Sunday, March 12th, 2017
Article source: pRchitect communications consultancy
Mercedes Benz Technology Services’ new office in Istanbul by Boytorun Architects provides flexible and agile working space for the technology division and introduces the implementation of a new way of working with its very traditional agora style meeting room also called as “war room” where critical decisions are made.
Image Courtesy © Boytorun Architects
- Architects: Boytorun Architects
- Project: Mercedes-Benz Turk IT Service Center
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- Client: Mercedes-Benz IT
- Designer: Yudum Boytorun – Semih Boytorun-Izzet Filizer-Hande Sanlimeshur
- Construction Area: 5900 m2
- Project Date: 2015
Sunday, July 24th, 2016
Article source: Piuarch
Piuarch’s design of the new Ekaterinensky Congress Center in Krasnodar, Russia, has been appointed for construction.
Located on the banks of the Kuban River, the design proposes a three level cultural complex, with a total floor area of 2,840 square meters. The plans include a conference hall with a capacity of 720 seats – which can be set up in different configurations – as a foyer, a restaurant, a bar and service areas, all the while offering a scenic view of the river bay on the side of the city, and a new pedestrian plaza where the entrance to the center will be located.
The building will also feature terraces on the roof and outdoor spaces on the ground floor, which allow for the expansion of the internal functions.
The project has offered Piuarch the opportunity to activate the relationship between the city and the river by designing a connection among the natural water environment, the coastal parks, and the urban area: reconfiguring the city’s interaction with the river.
Image Courtesy © Piuarch
- Architects: Piuarch
- Project: Ekaterinensky Congress Center
- Location: Krasnodar, Russia
Saturday, January 16th, 2016
Article source: kadawittfeldarchitektur
Service center for those studying at the Heinrich Heine University, accommodating the facilities of the department of student affairs, which are used by students from all faculties.
Image Courtesy © Jens Kirchner
- Architects: kadawittfeldarchitektur
- Project: SSC – Student Service Center
- Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
- Photography: Jens Kirchner
- Client: BLB NRW Düsseldorf
- Projectmanager: Dirk Zweering, Jochen Hansen
- Built volume: GFA 4,242 m², GV 13,200 m³
- Competition: 11/2011 – 1st Prize
- Completion: 2012–2015
Tuesday, May 19th, 2015
Article source: NUA Arquitectures
First prize in the IX Tarragona Architectural Exhibition, 2015 – Biennal Alejandro de la Sota.
Located in Campclar neighbourhood, the new centre for food distribution was designed and built in only three months on very low economic resources, with 120 volunteers completing the build on the final morning.
Image Courtesy © Pixelmoreno
- Architects: NUA Arquitectures
- Project: Sda
- Location: Tarragona, Spain
- Photography: Pixelmoreno
- Software used: Autocad
- Team: Maria Rius, Arnau Tiñena, Ferran Tiñena. (NUA Arquitectures)
- Constructor: Construccions JMC.
- Surface: 82,50m²
- Year: 2014.
Thursday, January 29th, 2015
Article source: KRADS
The automotive showroom is situated by the main gateway to the city Herning in Jutland, Denmark. The municipality of Herning and the client both wished for a showroom diverging from the stereotypical and one that simultaneously would stand out as an architectural icon. The solution became a rhombic volume divided into two halves by a diagonal cut,creating a dynamic and lucid showroom facing the main road, contrasted by the stable mass of a service centre behind. Placed at the edge of town it is a building where interior and exterior collaborate around the meeting between city and nature, and between function and space.
Image Courtesy © Tina Stephansen – Studio 55/KRADS
- Architects: KRADS
- Project: Automotive Showroom
- Location: Silkeborgvej 110, 7400 Herning, Denmark
- Photography: Tina Stephansen – Studio 55/KRADS
- Completed: September 2013 (Started 2012)
- Client (Private): Bjarne Nielsen A/S
- Size: 4000 m2
- Building Lot: 12600 m2
- Collaborators: General Contractor: C.C. Contractor A/S, General Engineering: C.C. Contractors A/S, Structural Engineering: Bent Moesby A/S, Technical Engineering: Midtconsult A/S, Client Advisor: Finn Balle A/S
- Manufacturers/Suppliers: Expanded aluminium facade and ceiling, anodized, colour bronze: Fils SPA and Pro Montage A/S
Wednesday, October 8th, 2014
Article source: Smith Vigeant architectes
Discovery Centre for the Mont-Tremblant National Park – Showcasing the Splendour of Wood
Located in the Mont-Tremblant National Park, the Discovery Centre offers a stunning view of Lake Monroe and its surrounding hills and mountains.
Image Courtesy © Stéphane Brugger
- Architects: Smith Vigeant architectes
- Project: Centre de découverte du parc national du Mont-Tremblant
- Location: Mont-Tremblant National Park, (QC) Canada
- Photography: Stéphane Brugger
- Name of client: SÉPAQ
- Architect in charge: Daniel Smith, architect, OAQ, LEED®PA
- Design Team: Daniel Smith, Anik Malderis, Julien Gouin-Charbonneau, Karine Renaud, Cindy Neveu, Stéphan Vigeant
- Engineers: CLA experts-conseils & Martin Roy et associates
- Landscape Architects: VLAN
- Contractor: CRT Construction Inc.
- Lighting Design: Smith Vigeant architects, Martin Roy et associates, EDP inc
- Project size: 600M2 (6 450pi2)
- Cost: 2.8M$
- Date of completion: 08/2014
Tuesday, October 7th, 2014
Article source: COBE and Lundén Architecture
The international design competition for Tampere Travel and Service Centre was decided today at 11 AM Finnish time at Tampere City Hall, where Mayor Anna-Kaisa Ikonen unveiled the winning project. The winners are Danish architects COBE and Finnish Lundén Architecture in collaboration with Ramboll Finland and Newsec. The competition is the largest of its kind in Finland in many years.
Image Courtesy © COBE and Lundén Architecture
- Architects: COBE and Lundén Architecture
- Project: Tampere Travel and Service Center
- Location: Tampere, Finland
- Client: City of Tampere, Finnish Transport Agency, VR-Group and Senate Properties
- Engineer: Rambøll Finland
- Property valuation: Newsec
- Programme: New Travel and Service Centre for the City of Tampere, as well as a masterplan for the areas surrounding the railyard
- Size: 120.000 m2
- Assignment type: 1st Prize in competition in 2014