Archive for the ‘Showroom’ Category
Saturday, December 13th, 2014
Article source: SOMA Architects
With 20 meters of frontage but only 4 meters of depth, the existing ground floor space provided a unique opportunity for a commercial street front fit for a lighting showroom. The client, Unilux Group – the largest supplier of high end light fixtures in Lebanon, requested a unique space in which to exhibit the products sold by the company. Due to the shallow depth of the existing main space, a conscious decision was made to envision the space as larger than its confines of the walls in order to visually appear larger as well as draw pedestrians into the store.
Image Courtesy © SOMA Architects
- Architects: SOMA Architects
- Project: Unilux Group lighting showroom
- Location: LEBANON
- Software used: Grasshopper, Rhino
- Year: 2010
Wednesday, October 29th, 2014
Article source: NORM . ARCHITECTS
The main idea for the & tradition showroom is to create a contemporary small scale version of a monochrome and harmonious village structure inside a big warehouse. The idea is to make the structure balance between a coherent minimalist spatial art installation – drawing on inspiration from works of artists and architects such as Donald Judd, Richard Serra and Peter Eisenman, combined with classic architectural elements from the village - the main street, the alley, the square, the tower, the city wall, etc., etc. Each house is this village will be built with a completely matt monochrome exterior – like a architectural model landscape in 1:1 only revealing each house very differentiated interior with each its own function and purpose. One house would be all wood inside resembling a minimalist Japanese pavilion. Another would be all color inside inspired more by Luis Barragan or Carlo Scarpa, creating a completely different universe for displaying the &tradition products. One house could serve as a meeting space, one as a workshop for product development, one as the place where the staff gathers to eat their lunch, etc. etc. Some of these houses will be creating in collaboration with some of the companies &tradition work with – like Kvadrat and Dinesen, where clients are also able to see and choose materials for the furniture.
Image Courtesy © NORM . ARCHITECTS
Architects: NORM . ARCHITECTS
Project: Thoughts on & tradition showroom
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark (more…)
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Article source: Zemberek Design Office
The space is designed as an R & D studio within headquarter of a textile company. The design concept was built on the physical relations among the users (R & D personnel), products, accessories, and the materials.
It was observed that actions of sitting, walking, working, evaluating the products by comparisons, performed in ordinary levels and locations, are limiting the function of R & D.
Image Courtesy © Şafak Emrence
- Architects: Zemberek Design Office
- Project: Denim R & D
- Location: Güneşli, İstanbul, Turkey
- Photography: Şafak Emrence
- Design Team: Başak Emrence, Şafak Emrence, Ece Ilgın Avcı
- Client: Bulur Textile
- Project Area: 250 m²
- Design and Construction Year: 2014
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014
Article source: Anna & Eugeni Bach
The goal in our project for the Oak Showroom has been to turn a space that was originally thought to showcase lots of different materials into a space with an atmosphere, a place that can tell its future clients that Oak is the right company to chose for their projects.
Image Courtesy © Eugeni Bach
- Architects: Anna & Eugeni Bach
- Project: OAK SHOWROOM
- Location: c/ Numànica, 48, Barcelona
- Photography: Eugeni Bach
- Date of completion: 2013
- Built surface: 244 m2
- Promoter: Oak 2000 SL
- Constructor: Oak 2000 SL
- Collaborators: Albert Cabrer
Saturday, September 13th, 2014
Article source: GAGLIARDI and PARTNERS
Performance, efficiency and energy savings have always been the objectives of the Linea Light Group, achieved by offering high quality products with particular attention to the environment and the consumer. It is no coincidence that Porsche Italia S.p.a. has chosen LED products to illuminate the brand new Boxster, Cayman Panamera and Cayenne displayed in its large, glazed open plan showroom, to allow the many Porsche lovers to admire the vehicles in all their splendour, even without natural light. The project includes replacing more than 400 light sources with new Linea Light Group LED products, installed both inside and outside the new showroom and in the offices. During the initial stages of the project net savings of over 60% were forecast for each area: following installation and measurement, these expectations were far exceeded, with an increase in savings of 15% compared to the forecasts. What is more, the annual net savings obtained are remarkable and, as confirmed directly by Porsche Italia.
Image Courtesy © GAGLIARDI and PARTNERS
- Architects: GAGLIARDI and PARTNERS
- Project: Linea Light Group and Porsche Italia headquarter
- Location: Padua, Italy
- Client: Porsche Italia Padova
- Project and installation: Ditta Bovo SRL Impianti elettrici industriali Via dell’Industria, 135030 Rubano (PD)
- Lighting fixtures and technical assistance: Linea Light Group With Agenzia Tech-light
Wednesday, August 27th, 2014
Article source: Kohn Pedersen Fox
Nestled in the Japanese Alps, the INCS “Zero” Factory emerges from the earth and opens to the sky, creating a fusion of landscape and architecture. With a desire to express the marriage of art and technology, the new “Zero” Factory serves as a demonstration facility for the rapid prototyping technologies employed by INCS. Like its Swiss counterpart, Nagano’s mountainous locale is home to high-tech industries—its rugged seclusion affording the focused intensity of thought and experimentation required for precision research and development.
Image Courtesy © Kohn Pedersen Fox
- Architects: Kohn Pedersen Fox
- Project: INCS Zero Factory
- Location: Nagano, Japan
- Client : INCS
- Facility : Showroom and factory with offices
- Size : 86,000 SF / 8,000 SM
- Awards : Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design International Architecture Award (2007)
Wednesday, August 20th, 2014
Article source: a21studĩo
Located at a soft ground closed to a canal in Binh Thanh District, HCM city, this office is required to design to meet functions of an architecture & construction office as well interior showroom. In additional, a lowest construction cost is also a client’s concern due to short term rental of this site from 5 to 10 years only.
Image Courtesy © a21studĩo
- Architects: a21studĩo
- Project: Rock house
- Location: Bình Thạnh district, Hochiminh city, Vietnam
- Software used: Auto CAD
- Project area: 473 m2
- Building area: 217 m2
- Materials: stone wall, concrete slab
- Completed: 2006
Friday, June 13th, 2014
Article source: Fumihiko Sano/studio PHENOMENON
This is the salon and the showroom by Maruwakaya – the company which produces “monozukuri” (which means a craftsmanship or art of design and manufacturing) that links traditional crafts to Contemporary art.
The counter made from Japanese cedar is employed as the center of the room; also, we designed the room by applying only the lintels, the sills, and the pillars.
Image Courtesy © Daisuke Shimokawa /Nacása&Partners Inc
- Architects: Fumihiko Sano/studio PHENOMENON
- Project: En yu-An
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: Daisuke Shimokawa /Nacása&Partners Inc
- Usage: Shop Office
- Construction: Fumihiko Sano／studio PHENOMENON
- Site area: 37.30m²
- Completion: 5/2012
Tuesday, May 13th, 2014
Article source: William McDonough + Partners
Bosch Siemens Hausgeräte (B/S/H/) is home to five of the top brands in household appliances – Bosch, Siemens, Gaggenau, Neff and Constructa – in the first building completed at Park 20|20.
Designed as a flexible, innovative workplace, B/S/H/ includes a full-height atria with a Living Green Wall and Building Integrated Photovoltaic (BIPV) roof that maximizes energy and daylighting to showrooms that can be converted
to offices as needed.
Image Courtesy © William McDonough + Partners
- Architects: William McDonough + Partners
- Project: B/S/H/ Inspiration House, Park 20|20
- Location: Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
- Software used: Autodesk – Revit® building design software for Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Client: Delta Development Group
- Owner: Bosch Siemens HOME
- Program: Offices, product showrooms and Instructional spaces, restaurant, parking podium
- Area: 12,528 gross square meters
- Status: Completed 2011
- Construction: Cost $14.2 Euro
- Team: William McDonough + Partners, Masterplan Architect and Design Architect; KOW, Architect of Record; D/Dock Amsterdam, Interior Designer; Nelson Byrd Woltz, Landscape Architect; Techniplan Adviseurs BV, Civil and MEP Engineers; DGMR, Fire Engineer/BREEAM Consultant; Van Der Vorm Engineering, Structural Engineer; IBB Kondor, Contractor.
Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014
Article source: MFA ARCHITECTS
Established in 1924, the brand Umbro is one of the most famous in the sportewear field. An entire floor of the italian headquarters is dedicated to the administration, sales offices and boardrooms. The aim is to ease communication between employees and permit a direct vision towards the city.
Image Courtesy © Nicolò Galeazzi
- Architects: MFA ARCHITECTS
- Project: UMBRO SHOWROOM AND HEADQUARTERS
- Location: Brescia, Italy
- Photography: Nicolò Galeazzi
- Project team: arch. Erica Beluffi, arch. Anna Ghirardi; render: Lorenzo Patti