Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
More projects by Zaha Hadid
Our ski jump on Bergisel mountains contains ski ramp and sports facilities, public spaces, including a tower-top café and viewing terrace. Rising to a height of almost 50m the structure’s distinctive form (part tower/part bridge) and silhouette extends the topography of the ski slopes below into the alpine sky above.
In December 1999 we won an international competition to design a new ski jump on the Bergisel Mountain in Innsbruck.
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Bergisel Ski Jump
- Location: Innsbruck, Austria
- Project Date: 1999 – 2002
- Height: 50m
- Length: 90m
- Design: Zaha Hadid with Patrik Schumacher
- Project Architect: Jan Hübener