Archive for the ‘Spa Centre’ Category
Saturday, August 31st, 2013
Article source: Maxim Winkelaar Architects
For a residence in Zeist we have designed a very exclusive and modern home spa wellness.
The house was built 3 years ago with a large cellar under the house. The client did not know exactly what they wanted in this space”, saysarchitect Maxim Winkelaar. ,,We have made an interior design for the living room and study on the ground floor. And the basement was so large that we have designeda home spa wellness and home cinema as well.
Image Courtesy © Chiel de Nooyer
- Architects: Maxim Winkelaar Architects
- Project: Home Spa Wellness
- Location: Zeist, Netherlands
- Photography: Chiel de Nooyer
- Client: Private
- Surface: 50 m2
- Designers: Maxim Winkelaar and Bob Ronday
- Contractor: Bouwbedrijf van Miltenburg
- Year of renovation and new construction: 2008 – 2009
Saturday, August 3rd, 2013
Article source: CARLO BERARDUCCI ARCHITECTURE
In the heart of the Parioli neighborhood in Rome, we are bringing to completion the project for a luxury oriental day-spa, contained within a wood volume suspended and projecting over the street. A small traditional pre-existing two-floor villa without special quality has been completely transformed in a contemporary key throught simple but strong transformations.
Image Courtesy © CARLO BERARDUCCI ARCHITECTURE
- Architects: CARLO BERARDUCCI ARCHITECTURE
- Project: KAMI SPA AT PARIOLI
- Location: Rome, Italy
- PROJECT DATE: 2006, 2011
- COMPLETION DATE: 2013
- PROGRAM: ORIENTAL LUXURY DAY SPA
- BUILDING AREA: MQ 900
- CLIENT: KAMI SPA Srl Rome, Bangkok
- DESIGN TEAM: Tommaso Marchioni, Davide Marchetti, Rossella Lanari, Gino Altobelli
- GENERAL CONTRACTOR: G.I.A. Srl ROME
- Software used: Autocad and 3dstudio max
Saturday, May 18th, 2013
Article source: Kotaro Horiuchi Architecture
This Project is a renovation for a SPA, Kaatsu and beauty salon located in the center of Nagoya, Japan. We insert the space to provide drinks being always aware of health and beauty, such as fruit and organic vegetables. We have created counter of 4.2m length in the limited entrance’s space, have secured the minimum flow line for increasing the number of customers standing, have created facade / petit architecture composed with curved surface, while repeating unevenness, so that the counter arranged obliquely may be made to fit the ergonomics of human body.
Image courtesy Kotaro Horiuchi Architecture
- Architects: Kotaro Horiuchi Architecture
- Project: Le Comptoir de Fruit et Légumes
- Location: Izumi1-10-23, Higashiku, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
- Program: Spa, Kaatsu, Beauty salon
- Completion: 31st March 2013
- Reopened: 19th April 2013
- Built area: 300m2
Saturday, June 9th, 2012
Article source: Alberto Apostoli Architetto
A reserved space that generates sensory gratification, a unique dimension where emotion and intimacy join together: SASHA, the new creation by architect Apostoli for Jacuzzi® is a veritable Spa for the total well being of body and soul, ideal both for home and professional environments.
A contemporary design, high performance and installation flexibility make SASHA a wellness centre characterized by a new concept of comfort, transforming the space dedicated to bathing into a more shared dimension, closer to the idea of thermal baths, in which we can live in harmony with our physical and psychological sensations.
Sunday, May 27th, 2012
Article source: The Manser Practice
The Lifehouse is probably the first completely new purpose built residential spa in the UK since the Romans were here.
The Lifehouse Spa is a 90 bedroom residential spa built on the site of Thorpe Hall in Thorpe le Soken, Essex, set in Grade 1 Listed gardens and with artificial lakes laid out around the original house in 1913.
Image Courtesy Hufton and Crow
- Architects: The Manser Practice
- Project: Thorpe ‘the lifehouse’ Spa
- Location: Thorpe le Soken, Essex, UK
- Start on Site: June 2009
- Completion: December 2010
- Gross Internal Floor Area: 9060sqm
- Client: Tangram Leisure
- Interior Design: The Manser Practice
- Structural Engineer: Peter Brett Associates (more…)
Thursday, March 29th, 2012
Article source: AB Design Studio Inc.
AB design studio was asked to design a soothing yet chic interior space for the Wynn Day Spa. The Wynn Day Spa is a full service spa located in Los Angeles, California. The spa has three distinct programs: an acrylics station for manicures, a spa area for pedicures, and a massage area. The plan is laid out with the most frequently used areas located in the front and the private massage spaces toward the rear.
Interior View (Images Courtesy Ciro Coelho)
- Architect: AB Design Studio Inc.
- Name of Project: Wynn Day Spa
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Team: Clay Aurell, Josh Blumer, Kelly Kish, Christopher Holliday, William Lopez, Karmen Aurell
- Programs: AutoCAD, Sketch Up
- Photographer: Ciro Coelho
Saturday, March 24th, 2012
Article source: Rafael viNoly architects
The CityCenter Condo-Hotel, a $510 million, 1,543- room condominium-hotel, is a key component of MGM/Mirage’s new flagship development. The 1.6 million-square-foot residential hotel includes three dining facilities, pool and spa areas, and additional retail and office space. The hotel tower will be 54 stories tall, rising up to 550 feet above street level. Located at a strategic junction between the new CityCenter hotel and casino and the existing Bellagio Hotel & Casino, the project will serve as the gateway between both buildings, connecting two of MGM/Mirage’s largest and most prominent properties in Las Vegas. The project is scheduled to be completed by winter 2009.
Vdara Hotel & Spa at CityCenter
- Architects: Rafael Vinoly Architects
- Project: Vdara Hotel & Spa at CityCenter, Las Vegas
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Budget: $ 527,000,000
- Size: 1,610,000 gross square feet
- Project status: Completed
- Type: Hotel, Residential, Retail, Pool, Spa, Conference Center
- Software used: Didn’t really use anything special. Just Autocad. Did a lot of modeling in Rhino and did some sun exposure studies and renderings in 3d Studio Max as well.
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012
Article source: Studio Kalamar
The pool and spa complex is connected to the existing hotel via a communication axis comprising various public spaces, which leads along the new pools to the future hotel at the west edge of the site. On the south of the axis, the swimming pool hall contains indoor pools and adjoining saunas, the outdoor pools with the restaurant are located on the north side. Upper floor houses various healthcare and wellness programs.
Exterior View (Images Courtesy Miran Kambič)
- Architect: Studio Kalamar – Andrej Kalamar
- Name of Project: Vivat Pool and Spa
- Location: Moravske toplice, Slovenia
- Structural Engineering: Statikon
- HVAC Engineering: Veling; Projektivni biro Murska Sobota; Makro 5 Investicije
- Photographs: Miran Kambič
Friday, December 16th, 2011
Article source: Henning Larsen Architects
More projects by Henning Larsen Architects
The new Spa & Fitness in Skodsborg is based on the wish to create a beautiful and harmonious extension of the existing Skodsborg Health Centre. The white, cubic building features protruding volumes on the facade and roof representing present-day trends as well as the classical tradition of Skodsborg.
- Architect: Henning Larsen Architects
- Name of Project: Skodsborg Spa & Fitness
- Location: Skodsborg, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Client: Skodsborg Sundhedscenter A/S
- Gross floor area: 5,130 m2
- Year of construction: 2010 – 2011
- Type of assignment: Winner of invited dialogue competition
Tuesday, November 29th, 2011
Article source: Topos Atelier de Arquitectura, Lda.
The IN LIMA Hotel & SPA is located at the entrance of the village of Ponte de Lima, Portugal’s oldest town, characterized by its medieval architecture, its Roman bridge and the natural surroundings overlooking the Lima river. Connected to one of the town’s public gardens, that becomes once a week a marketplace, the hotel benefits from the rooms’ terraces and the reception and restoration areas of a magnificent panoramic view over the Lima river and its Roman bridge as well as of the wide avenue of plane trees that shades the architectonic ensemble of the convent of Santo Antonio.
InLima Hotel and Spa