Archive for the ‘Spa Centre’ Category
Monday, May 7th, 2018
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
There is a powerful urban dynamic between the streets of New York and the High Line, a layered civic realm that has developed over generations and in many iterations. 520 West 28th conveys this contextual relationship, applying new ideas and concepts to create the latest evolution of the site’s rich history.
The split levels of the design define varied living spaces and echoes the multiple layers of civic space on 28th Street and the High Line.
Image Courtesy © Hufton+Crow
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects (Johannes Schafelner, Alberto Barba)
- Project: 520 West 28th
- Location: New York, USA
- Photography: Hufton+Crow
- Design: Zaha Hadid, Patrik Schumacher
- Project Director: Johannes Schafelner
- Package Leads: Aurora Santana (Units), Stella Dourtme (Amenities), Michael Sims (Façade), Natacha Viveiros (I-max)
- Project Team: Sharan Sundar, John-Alan Gallerie, Seungho Yeo, Henning Hansen, Claudia Dorner, Jakub Klaska, Afsoon Eshaghi, Mattia Gambardella, Moa Carlson, Sara Sheikh Akbari, Niran Buyukkoz, Marius Cernica, Igor Pantic, Jamie Mann, Matthew Carapiet, Sergey Krupin, Nicola Berkowski, Peter Logan, Sebastian Lundberg, Miguel Diaz-Morales
Friday, May 4th, 2018
Article source: VUDAFIERI SAVERINO PARTNERS
The Italian architectural studio Vudafieri-Saverino Partners renews its collaboration with the Rosa Alpina Hotel SPA, a well-known symbol of Italian hospitality excellence. Located in the heart of the Dolomites, in the suggestive San Cassiano village in Alta Badia, the structure is one of The Leading Hotels of the World, boasting a three-star Michelin restaurant internally and an ample, recently-refurbished SPA area.
Image Courtesy © Alex Filz
- Architects: VUDAFIERI SAVERINO PARTNERS
- Project: Rosa Alpina Hotel & Spa – Penthouse
- Location: Dolomites, Italy
- Photography: Alex Filz
- Building Companies: Clara Costruzioni, Decor GmbH/S.R.L, Electro Ladinia
- Surface Area: 164 Square Metres
- Year: Project Delivered in December 2017
Friday, April 13th, 2018
Article source: Aedas
Dotted with limestone pinnacles, the World Heritage seascape of Halong Bay is Vietnam’s biggest attraction. Aedas-designed Alacarte Halong Bay Condotel Development occupies a prime seafront plot with large sweeps of unobstructed views towards the heritage site.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Alacarte Halong Bay Condotel Development
- Location: Halong, Vietnam
- Client: Taseco Land
- Director: Steven Thor
- Gross Floor Area: 80,000 sqm
- Completion Year: 2020
Sunday, March 25th, 2018
Article source: IDEA Asociados
The main goal of this project —located in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico— was to consolidate a contemporary image respecting and harmonizing with the local architecture to become an architectural reference of one of the most important tourist areas of the country. The challenge for IDEA Asociados team was to achieve a perfect balance both in its exterior architecture and in its interior design resulting in the creation of a beautiful building in harmony with its surroundings.
Image Courtesy © IDEA Asociados
- Architects: IDEA Asociados
- Project: JW Marriott Los Cabos
- Location: Baja California Sur, Mexico
Wednesday, February 28th, 2018
Article source: SCANNELLA ARCHITECTS
It is a building in the Baroque center of Catania, redesigned as hotel which tells Sicily cinematographically. The original core, dating back to the ‘500, was rebuilt after the 1693 earthquake afterwards it was subjected to several changes, the last one date back to the post war period, has changed the intended use until the final one known as hotel. This has been possible to read through the works of restructuring that showed the various layers. The works have tried to bring back to life the original structure while maintaining or reviving the system of vertical connections. The concept wants to communicate an image of Sicily especially told through the suggestions from cinema. To make it possible, representative icons have been used and even decorative apparatus, the quotes, the lighting design, using a contemporary architectural language dedicating to each space a cinematographic work. The work has required a careful research of the significant elements of the “story” told, without neglecting to re-use some original elements of the building, reinventing use and function. Each room is characterized by objects, shapes and colors taken from the movie to which is dedicated in order to allow the customer to soak into the atmosphere that we want to tell. Particular attention was dedicated to the relationship between the plant system and the environments, aiming to its complete integration, reaching almost the invisibility. The charm of the interior benefits of the “popular” atmosphere that represents an extraordinary urban landscape. Eleven Rooms were obtained, some of which are configured as suites, dedicated to a particular director and a small Spa.
Paolo Il Caldo Room, Image Courtesy © SCANNELLA ARCHITECTS
- Architects: SCANNELLA ARCHITECTS
- Project: Duomo Suite & Spa
- Location: Catania, CT, Italy
- Area: 956 m2
- Date: 2016
Wednesday, January 31st, 2018
Article source: Wingårdhs
On Niels Brocks Gade 1 in Copenhagen stands a building that has drawn the attention of admiring gazes for generations. The magnificent original building was designed in 1903 for an insurance company, and was later home to the Royal Danish Academy of Music. After the building had been vacant for an extended period, the Nobis Hotel Copenhagen has now moved in.
Image Courtesy © Wing+Ñrds Andre Pihl
- Architects: Wingårdhs
- Project: Nobis Hotel Copenhagen
- Location: Niels Brocks Gade 1, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Photography: Wing+Ñrds Andre Pihl
- Client: Nobis AB
- Size: 5,500 sq m
- Completion time: 2017
Wednesday, January 31st, 2018
Article source: Johannes Torpe Studios
Captured by the mystique and mystery of the Icelandic landscape, where, according to local mythology, ‘invisible people’ and ‘half-men, half-trolls’ are believed to roam, Johannes Torpe Studios has designed a place of unparalleled harmony. The Red Mountain Resort is a proposal for a spa and wellness retreat that offers guests a sensory escape into the solitude and seclusion of the breath-taking Icelandic nature; a place that is earthly and otherworldly at the same time.
Image Courtesy © Johannes Torpe Studios
- Architects: Johannes Torpe Studios
- Project: The Red Mountain Resort
- Location: Iceland
- Client: Festir Ehf.
- Creative Direction: Johannes Torpe
- Project Leader: Kit Sand Ottsen
- Design Team: Rachel Jayne Mackay, Suguru Kobayashi, Edit Fodor Kjær, Nina Stephanie Jarulf, Beatrice Dinoia, Fabio Bellini, Bozena Patrycja Kunka, Manuel Ateca
- Hotel: 4650m2 (including 50 hotel rooms, total: 2400m2)
- Restaurant: 350m2
- Spa experience: 800m2
- Geothermal Lagoon: 1400m2
- Landscape: 140000m2
Thursday, January 4th, 2018
Article source: ENOTA
The Qicun thermal complex has been designed as an expansion of the existing spa centre in order to offer a new higher level of service. Both in terms of its appearance and its organisation, the new design will later serve as a prototype for overhauling the existing capacities of the complex. The new spa centre is one of many such complexes in the town of Qicun, which boasts a long-established tradition of thermal tourism. The north China region of Shanxi, with Qicun as it constituent part, is also renowned for its numerous traditional temples and authentically preserved historical towns.
Image Courtesy © ENOTA
- Architects: ENOTA
- Project: Qicun Hot Spring
- Location: Qicun, Xinzhou, Shanxi, China
- Client: Homing Swallow
- Project team: Dean Lah, Milan Tomac, Nuša Završnik Šilec, Jurij Ličen, Polona Ruparčič, Maja Majerič, Goran Djokić
- Collaborators: BHS (hospitality management)
- Size: 25.500 m2
- Site: 53.210 m2
- Footprint: 18.214 m2
- Year: 2017
Tuesday, December 5th, 2017
Article source: Dongguan Zheng Xiang Decoration Design Consulting Co. Ltd.
The scenery is as beautiful as a painting; mountains far away are mirrored on the water as if they are very close .” Surrounded by the beautiful natural landscape in the historical town of Huanyao, the project features the characteristic local gables facing the street, where plain colors like black and white are harmoniously integrated in the architectural context. The shape of the gable draws the outline of the skyline of the town, becoming a cultural and poetic landscape.
Image Courtesy © Ouyang Yun
Monday, December 4th, 2017
Article source: Original vision
Conceived as a tropical oasis, the Dream Hotel and Spa on the Island of Phuket in Thailand is a collection of low rise structures, carefully located around the periphery of the site and looking in on the luxurious lagoon pool which is surrounded by a variety of lounging opportunities, punctuated by the main resort restaurant at one end and a swim up bar and covered lounge at the other.
Image Courtesy © Original vision
- Architects: Original vision
- Project: Dream Hotel Phuket
- Location: Phuket, Thailand