Archive for the ‘Spa Centre’ Category
Tuesday, September 26th, 2017
Article source: PROMONTORIO
The project is the outcome of an invitation in 2005 of a family-based wine-making and agro-business company to master plan an innovative resort concept that would combine the rural experience of wine and olive oil production, with the amenities of leisure destination. With 66 hectares, the site is in the vicinity of the whitewashed town of Montemor-o-novo, in the Alentejo, near the UNESCO-listed city of Évora. Located on a gentle valley facing South and overlooking the skyline of the town’s medieval castle, the master plan was devised in a system of clustered villas and terraced row-houses reminiscent of the former agricultural compounds of the Alentejo, known as “monte”, which literally means “mount” or “hill” in English; an etymological reference to its topographic condition. In addition, a small lake cools the air and is used for leisure activities besides serving as a sustainable water-retaining basin for agriculture.
Image Courtesy © PROMONTORIO
- Architects: PROMONTORIO
- Project: L’And Hotel
- Location: L’And Vineyards resort, Montemor-o-novo (Alentejo), Portugal
- Software used: ArchiCad
- Interior Design: Studio MK27 w/ PROMONTORIO
- Landscape Architecture: PROAP
- Gross Built Area: 2,064 sq.m (main building) and 900 sq.m (townhouse suites)
- Project Status: 2005 (master planning) – 2011 (built and opened to public)
Sunday, August 27th, 2017
Article source: RICARDO BOFILL TALLER DE ARQUITECTURA
Mix-use urban landmark, which includes a transportation centre, a retail hub, a neighbourhood with elegant double orientation apartments. The balanced Master Plan encourages social activities. Public facilities such as sports club, health & spa, restaurants, office space, residential space are all mixed in one ideal city model, an original example of XXI Century urbanity and life-style.
Image Courtesy © RICARDO BOFILL TALLER DE ARQUITECTURA
Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017
Article source: C.DD
The project is located in Hemingzhou Hotspring Resort & Spa, which is far away from the hustle and bustle in cities. The developer targets at building an ideal resort for ecological recuperating and refining one’s mind and body.
The designers believe that the life should be of high quality in addition to a variety of experiences. Everyone should have a wonderful life.
Image Courtesy © OUYANG Yun
- Architects: C.DD
- Project: Original elements of life
- Location: Qingyuan, Guangdong, China
- Photography: OUYANG Yun
- Project Team: CAI Tie-Lei, LIANG Yi-Hui, YU Guo-Neng, CHEN Yun-Chang, HE Liu-Wei,
- Main Materials: Oak, matt white latex paint, wood grain brick, grey floor tile, marble, clear glass
- Completion Time: 2016.01
Sunday, April 2nd, 2017
Article source: Claesson Koivisto Rune Architects
A spa with two pools has been completed adjacent to a 1796 mansion in south Sweden. The spa has one indoor pool for wintertime and one outdoor for summer. The outdoor pool sits on a podium, which levels the slope on which the mansion sits. It thus creates a platform from which you have an elevated view over the estate towards the back. Yet, it sits discrete as seen from the approach to the main entrance.
Image Courtesy © Åke E:son Lindman
Tuesday, March 28th, 2017
Article source: Aurora Arquitectos
Can one house contain another two?
There is a question that is repeated frequently when intervening in an apartment building. In order to have a garden, one needs to renounce the view. In turn, to have the view it means to choose one of the last floors, usually far from where the garden is.
Image Courtesy © do mal o menos
- Architects: Aurora Arquitectos
- Project: Prazeres Building
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: do mal o menos
- Architecture Team: Sérgio Antunes, Sofia Reis Couto, Rita Ferreira, Pedro França, Bruno Pereira, Tânia Sousa
- Engineering: Edifiteca
- Building Supervision: Gesconsult
- Contractor: Map Engenharia
- Area: 645 M2
- Date: 2014 – 2016
Wednesday, January 18th, 2017
Article source: Sunshine PR
Beijing Tongying Center InterContinental Hotel lies in the heart of Sanlitun, Beijing – a prime location for fashion and culture. During the day, it is crowded with people, its night is as bright as the daytime and bustling sounds and gorgeous colors fill the city with din and luxury.
Focusing on fashion, technology and future development, InterContinental strives to create a fashion lifestyle flagship store in a new yuppie style.
Hotel Facade Entrance, Image Courtesy © Zhang Da-Qi
- Lighting Design Company: GD-Lighting Design
- Project: Beijing Tongying Center InterContinental Hotel
- Location: Sanlitun, Beijing, China
- Photography: Zhi Xia
- Investor: Beijing Topwin Real Estate Co., Ltd
- Hotel Management: IHG
- Chief Designer: Yenchin Wang
- Design Team: Tim Cheng, Hui Ren, Xin Qi
Wednesday, January 18th, 2017
Article source: Sunshine PR
Xiangzhou, located in the center of Guangxi, is known for the local hot spring which has centuries of history, and is being referred to as “the Best Hot Spring in South Central China”. Silkgarden Resort and Spa, is situated at this pastoral scene, which is described with the verse “Fairy water falls on earth, and beautiful scenery is looming in the mist. Out of the client’s trust, the designer is invited to take full control of the whole project from overall planning, to architecture design, landscape design and interior design.
Entrance, Image Courtesy © Jing Xu-Feng
- Architects: Rongor Design & Consultant
- Project: Guangxi Silkgarden Resort and Spa
- Location: Xiangzhou, Guangxi, China
- Photography: Jing Xu-Feng
- Designer: QIN Yue-Ming
- Cooperative Company: Shenzhen Urbanspace Architecture & Landscape Designing Consultants Co., Ltd, Newspace Design, D+D Associates
- Developer: Guangxi Silkgarden Resort and Spa Development Co., Ltd
- Area: 25000 m2
Thursday, December 22nd, 2016
Article source: v2com
Harbored in serene green hillocks of the tea plantation area in northeast Bangladesh, Moulvi Bazar, “Dusai Resort & Spa” is the first of its kind destination resort in the country.
The complex exudes the essence of a traditional village with its formation along the slope of the hills. Existing trees shape out the setting of the cottages, so that the surrounding nature and contour site remain untouched. The resort showcases a hybrid construction system of traditional tea estate bungalows and standardized concrete construction. The structures sit on slender concrete frames anchored to ground raising the structure above ground. A mixed truss system of wood and metal makes roof framing with soft thatch cover. Local technology and materials with local workmanship have been extensively used here.
Tea Valley Restaurant & Amphitheatre, Image Courtesy © Hasan Saifuddin Chandan
- Architects: VITTI Sthapati Brindo Ltd.
- Project: Dusai Resort & Spa
- Location: Sreemangal, Bangladesh
- Photography: Ahsanul Haque Rubel, Hasan Saifuddin Chandan, Digita Interactive Limited, Mustapha Khalid Palash, Md. Ishtiaque Zahir
Wednesday, September 21st, 2016
Article source: K-DIVISION ARCHITECTURE
Tesoro Blu Hotel + Spa, a 4 * category, is the latest venture of modern hotel architecture and design in the Ionian region. It consists of 89 rooms and 4 suites with a total capacity of 200 beds. The hotel is built in the most idyllic part of Kefalonia, on the southeastern tip named “Skala”, on a seaside plot, surrounded by wild, dense slopes.
Image Courtesy © Vaggelis Paterakis
- Architects: K-DIVISION ARCHITECTURE (Mike Kraounakis), WoArchitects and bdg architects
- Project: Tesoro Blu Hotel + Spa
- Location: Skala Beach/Kefalonia, Greece
- Photography: Vaggelis Paterakis
- Owner: P. Pagoulatos
- Structural Engineering: Antreas Aikaterinis, Antonis Takasis
- Services Engineering: A & G Tzouganatos & Co
- Lighting Design: CPLD Lighting Design
- Landscape Design: Maggie Papadatou
- Site Management: K-DIVISION ARCHITECTURE
- Plot Area: 23.281,00 m2
- Building Area: 4.642,03 m2
- Design Year: 2007-2009
- Construction Year: 2009-2011
Friday, August 5th, 2016
Article source: noa* network of architecture
It is all about the apple in the ‘Apfelhotel Torgglerhof’ in Saltaus in the Passiria Valley in Northern Italy. The Applesauna and the wellness area are part of the farm ensemble – surrounded by numerous apple trees and nature. The hotel is extended with 9 new rooms and a new wellness while the public spaces as the reception, restaurant and bar are redone within the existing building.
Image Courtesy © noa* (network of architecture)