Archive for the ‘Stadium’ Category
Friday, September 4th, 2015
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
The Video Presentation and Report (weblinks below) outline in detail the unique design for the New National Stadium which has been developed over two years to be the most compact and efficient stadium for this very special location in Tokyo. Zaha Hadid Architects welcomes a new contractor bidding process for the New National Stadium to reduce costs and ensure value for money in terms of quality, durability and long-term sustainability.
Image Courtesy © Zaha Hadid Architects
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Release Video Presentation and Report on New National Stadium
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
Tuesday, July 14th, 2015
Article source: Idom/ACXT Architect
Athletic Club of Bilbao is one of the big clubs in European football and its previous stadium, over a hundred years old, was one of the legendary ones, popularly referred to as the cathedral of football.
Image Courtesy © Aitor Ortiz
- Architects: Idom/ACXT Architect
- Project: SAN MAMES STADIUM
- Location: Bilbao, Spain
- Photography: Aitor Ortiz
- Main architect: César A. Azcárate Gómez (ACXT-IDOM)
- Project Director: Oscar Malo
- Deputy architect: Diego Rodríguez
- Project managers: Alexander Zeuss, Gontzal Martínez (more…)
Thursday, June 4th, 2015
Article source: Ball-Nogues Studio
Not Whole Fence pays homage to the simpler days of baseball, of watching the great American past
ime through a wooden fence. Imagine a child, peeking through the knotholes with the impressionable canvas of youth, evoked by a sense of wonder and hope or devoted fans who cannot afford tickets, sneaking glances through small openings with playfully mischievous eyes, excited by the possibility of joyous victory or getting caught.
Image Courtesy © Marty Snortum
- Architects: Ball-Nogues Studio
- Project: Not Whole Fence
- Location: Texas, US
- Photography: Pat Dalbin, Marty Snortum
- Designers and Principals in Charge: Benjamin Ball and Gaston Nogues
- Project Manager: Mora Nabi
- Ball-Nogues Project Team: Andrew Fastman, Michael Anthony Fontana, Christine Forster-Jones, Emma Helgerson, Cory Hill, James Jones, Allison Porterfield, Rafael Sampaio Rocha, Forster Rudolph.
- Engineering Consultant: BuroHappold Los Angeles, Jean-Pierre Chakar, PE
Sunday, April 5th, 2015
Article source: architetto Manuel Tonolini
It is the architectural design and construction supervision of the cover of the grandstand of the football field . The vertical structures ( pillars and rods ) are painted steel , while the roof structures are laminated wood . The roofing is in sandwich panels . The simplicity , low profile and light colors have been chosen to limit the impact of the work on the surrounding valley landscape and determine a good integration context.
Image Courtesy © architetto Manuel Tonolini
- Architects: architetto Manuel Tonolini
- Project: Copertura tribuna
- Location: Vigano San Martino, Italy
- Position: Project arch. preliminary , final and construction management
- Structural engineer: Ing . Omar Lazzari .
- Security: Ing . Omar Lazzari
- Company: Synergy Ltd.
- Works: made between June and August 2014
- Year: 2011-2014 ( execution )
Friday, March 20th, 2015
Article source: Pattern Architects
The newly completed HBZ Stadium is the home of Al Ain Football Club, one of the leading clubs in the UAE Pro League. Designed by Pattern Architects, the 25 000 seat FIFA class football stadium introduces a new approach to sports architecture in the Gulf region by embedding Al Ainʼs identity into the very fabric of the design. Part of this identity is defined by the local desert climate and landscape.
Image Courtesy © Dennis Gilbert
- Architects: Pattern Architects
- Project: Hazza Bin Zayed (HBZ) Stadium
- Location: Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
- Photography: Dennis Gilbert
- Software used: Rhino, Grasshopper and Revit
- Architect of Record: Mark Habre and Associate
- Lead Consultant and Master Planner: Broadway Malyan
- Structural Engineer: Thornton Tomasetti
- Building Services: Hoare Lea
- Structural Engineer Roof: WSP
- Catering: Tricon
- Pitch Consultant: STRI
- Transport: Mott MacDonald and Langan
Saturday, February 21st, 2015
Article source: Bahadır Kul Architects
Konya City Stadium is located on the north of the city, 9 km away from the city center on an area of 450,000 m2. A sports hall, swimming pool, veledrom and a concourse is also available on the site plan. The transportion is provided by the railway system, private vehicles and public transport. Konya City Stadium, is designed with an approach of harmonizing the cultural codes with contemporary structure. The exterior of the structure is in white-green colors which symbolizes the city football team.
Image Courtesy © KetKolektif
- Architects: Bahadır Kul Architects
- Project: Konya City Stadium
- Location: Konya, TURKEY
- Photography: KetKolektif
- Software used: Autocad, Photshop and sketch up
- Client: Konya Metropolitan Municipality
- Projet Year: 2012
- Construction period: 2013-2014
- Capacity: 38.000 kişi
- Site Area: 250.000 m2
- Total Floor Area: 90.000 m2
- Project Type: Spor
Friday, February 13th, 2015
Article source: kadawittfeldarchitektur
BRIEF Extension of an existing dressage stadium with a grandstand (capacity 1200 seats) and other functional rooms | ADDED VALUE The spectator terrace, open staircase and protruding roof complete the “missing link” of the existing u-shaped stadium and focus attention on the action in the dressage arena.
Image Courtesy © kadawittfeldarchitektur
- Architects: kadawittfeldarchitektur
- Project: Extension of the Dressage arena Aachen
- Location: Aachen, Germany
- Software used: AutoCAD
- Construction Volume Area: 885m² gfa 1814m² volume 11.570m³
- Client: Aachen-Laurensberger Rennverein e.V.
- Realization: July 2013 – July 2014
- Multiple commissions: 2012
- Project Manager: Burkhard Floors
- Seating: 1200
- Total roof area: 1.655 m²
- Dressage arena: 1.200 m²
Thursday, January 29th, 2015
Article source: Schulitz Architects with Tetra Arquitetura
The ITAIPAVA ARENA FONTE NOVA is a great example for multifunctional use of a stadium.The stadium is not only an exceptional venue for football matches and the upcoming World Cup 2014, but also offers an amazing space in the southern opening for various events, such as concerts and parties.
Image Courtesy © David Campbell Agência Faquini Produção Fotográfica
Wednesday, January 28th, 2015
Article source: SCHULITZ Architekten
The renovation and modernization works transformed the existing stadium into a modern complex for professional sports, including football for the local club „Eintracht Braunschweig“, American football for the „Braunschweig Lions“, as well as athletic competitions on national and international level.
Image Courtesy © Nina Stiller
- Architects: SCHULITZ Architekten
- Project: Eintracht-Stadion Braunschweig
- Location: Braunschweig, Germany
- Photography: Nina Stiller
Thursday, December 18th, 2014
Article source: Berger Arquitectos
Angola has been undergoing a remarkable development process for the last decade, showing a significant economic growth and a progressive improvement in the quality of life of its population. It is a key country in the context of the African continent and an important regional power for the promotion of peace and prosperity in the region.
Its capital city, Luanda, is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city, mirroring the new reality that is spreading to all of the country.
In this context, Angola was selected to be the first African nation to host the Rink Hockey World Cup in 2013, and the pavilion was designed as the main venue for the event.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Guerra
- Architects: Berger Arquitectos
- Project: Luanda Multisports Pavilion
- Location: Luanda, Angola
- Photography: Fernando Guerra
- General CoordinationandArchitecture: Miguel Berger, Paulo Simões, Tiago Calais, Sérgio Catalão, Miguel Outeiro, Diana Peralta
- 3D Modelling : Sérgio Catalão | Filipe Gonçalves
- Mock-ups: NORIGEM
- Awarding Authority / Commissioner: Governo de Angola, Ministério da Juventude e Desportos, Federação Angolana de Patinagem Governmentof Angola, Ministry of Youth and Sport, Angolan Skating Federation
- HydraulicInstallations: CIVI4 – Projectistas e Consultores de Engenharia Civil , Alberto Fiqueiredo | Pedro Couto| Carlos Pereira
- ElectricalInstallations: FNT – Engenharia, Bruno Fernandes
- MechanicalInstallations: l2m – Loureiro e Machado, Serviços de Engenharia, Miguel Loureiro
- Gross ConstructionArea: 30.000 m2
- Seatings: 11.500 Lugares