Archive for the ‘Staircase’ Category
Friday, April 17th, 2015
Article source: Architect Manuel Tonolini
It is extraordinary maintenance including the insertion of a new wooden staircase with metal rods, renovations plant and soffit insulation cover using wood fiber, vapor barrier and beads wood beams and inclusion new skylights.
Image Courtesy © Architect Manuel Tonolini
Saturday, January 24th, 2015
Article source: michael jantzen studio
How can a unique access to a place be used as a way in which to design new and unexpected forms of art and architecture? This is the question I asked myself before I made a new series of functional art structures.
They were all designed in an attempt to offer very unique sculptural places, themed around the idea of an unusual access to an enclosed, or partially enclosed portion of the pavilion.
Image Courtesy © michael jantzen studio
Saturday, January 17th, 2015
Article source: Selim Senin
The stairs arranged for seeing site of expo is placed like mountain path.These stairs definitely aren’t trying to hide – they’re the most interesting element in the tower. Reminiscent of a climbing mountain, the stairs of circulation are balanced by the long cable structure.Circulation elements can act as urban focal points outside of where people can come walk and seeing. The symbolic observation tower is conceived as a round arch of steel structure with an open-air stairs at its body.The open-air stairs contains flexible walking path and terrace which are accessed via bazaar entrance.Walking downwards from the top through a continuous stair promenade, the visitors of the observation tower experience all of the building’s in a constant motion, while enjoying dynamic 360 degree views of the city of Antalya and the Expo landscape.
Image Courtesy © Selim Senin
- Architects: Selim Senin
- Project: Antalya Expo 2016 Observation Tower
- Location: Antalya, Turkey
- Software used: Sketchup, vray, autocad, photoshop
Wednesday, October 29th, 2014
Article source: Demax
A quite remarkable traditional staircase based on the Demax steel staircase system. Installing staircases into existing properties are never easy, especially when they are this large.
Image Courtesy © Demax
- Architects: Demax
- Project: Ridgeway
Tuesday, October 14th, 2014
Article source: BEAR Progetti
The project responds to the customer requests who wanted a modern stair but at the same time asked for a safe passage between the floors of the house, so the system of ceiling mounting became the railing of the stairs thus fulfilling this dual task.
Design phase: some study renderings, Image Courtesy © BEAR Progetti
- Architects: BEAR Progetti
- Project: A Stair
- Software used: Generic CAD for the drawings and Google SketchUp + V-Ray for the renderings
Tuesday, October 7th, 2014
Article source: Studio Prototype
In the start of 2014 the municipality of Amsterdam has granted Studio Prototype,resulting from a market consultation, the assignment for realizing a tribune staircase in the Zouthaven in Amsterdam. For the small-scale assignment, a special way of tendering was chosen: design & build. Thus Studio Prototype is not only responsible for the design-, but is also the main executor of the build process.
Image Courtesy © Studio Prototype
- Architects: Studio Prototype
- Project: Tribune Zouthaven
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Client: Municipality Amsterdam, stadsdeel-Oost
- Contact person: Jeroen Baar
- Constructor: Bureau F. Wiggers
- Location: Zouthaven Amsterdam
- Function: Tribune stairs, public space
- Period: Start design November 2013, Completion may 2014
- Size: 35m2
- Design team: Jeroen Spee, Jeroen Steenvoorden
- Project management: Gijs van Suijlichem
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Article source: EeStairs
EeStairs is delighted to have the privilege of designing and installing a bespoke DNA feature staircase for a beautiful home on the French Riviera.
Image Courtesy © EeStairs
- Architects: EeStairs
- Project: DNA-stairs
- Location: Monaco
Sunday, September 21st, 2014
Article source: EeStairs
Now you can enjoy a beautiful, functional staircase where conventional staircases are not practical. EeStairs’ space saving stairs allow you to do more with less. Limited space? There are many situations where a property can be enhanced by creating a useable space from a redundant upper level; however a consistent factor is limited space. The introduction of a staircase to provide access to a proposed upper level will invariably compromise the floor space below where originally no stair was intended.
Image Courtesy © EeStairs
- Architects: EeStairs (Jessica Hiemstra)
- Project: 1m2 staircase® -Space Saving Staircase
Saturday, March 16th, 2013
Article source: Andrew Lee McConnell
Inspired by the spine of a whale, the Vertebrae Staircase is not simply mimicry of organic form but an exploration in shaping structure. Much of the design work went into refining the single component, or vertebra, that mate with each other creating a unified spine running from floor plate to floor plate. These interlocking vertebrae create a rigid and self-supporting structure.
Image Courtesy Andrew Lee McConnell
- Architects: Andrew Lee McConnell
- Project: Vertebrae Staircase
- Software used: The modelling was done in Rhinoceros 3D using the T-Splines plugin
Tuesday, March 5th, 2013
Article source: heri&salli
In a renovated roof top apartment of a private building owner in Vienna/Austria the architect’s office heri&salli conceived the design of a staircase. Two intertwined handrails accompany a single storey flight of stairs to come consequently to a gallery style end.
Image Courtesy © paul ott photografiert
- Architects: heri&salli
- Project: Stairdance
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Photography: paul ott photografiert
- Team: Stefanie Theuretzbacher, Alexander Karaivanov
- Finished: October 2012
- Structural Engineering: Werkraum Wien – ingenieure zt gmbh / Vienna
- Metal Construction: StahlundForm / Vienna
- Wood Work: Feichtinger GmbH / Scharnstein
- CNC – Work: SFK Tischler GmbH / Kirchham
- Painting – Filling – Mosaic: Hans Ortner GmbH – Martin Ortner / Vienna