Archive for the ‘Studio’ Category
Friday, July 3rd, 2015
Article source: Gans studio
The studio residence is a free-standing building that completes an ensemble of experience and use in relation to a pre-existing house and a landscape. The new building contains a small drawing studio, workroom and kiln tucked beneath a library and a bedroom suite that overlook a double height sculpture space. It connects to the pre-existing house via two bridges: an upper bridge that extends from the living room to a new roof garden floating before the Catskills; and a lower bridge that ties the studio back into the hillside.
Image Courtesy © Andrew Rugge of Arch Photo
- Architects: Gans studio
- Project: Artist Studio/Residence
- Location: Old Wagon Road, Woodstock, 12498, New York, US
- Photography: Andrew Rugge of Arch Photo
- Client: Arlene Shechet
- Project Team: Amy Magida, Adam Ganser, Maryjane Starks, Isobel Herbold
- Builder: Hank Starr Builders
- Engineer: WA Scribner PE
- Completion Date: 2011
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015
Article source: Pfarré lighting design studio
The former store for antique luminaires im Munich‘s Alt-Schwabing district provided an ideal L-shaped ground plan for the workplaces and other areas of the new studio. All main technical features, such as print/copy, large-format printer, coffee, server, etc. are hidden behind a new space divider, which also houses the product library, and consumable supplies. With this divider, a generous space between divider and the shop windows has been created for meetings and presentations. Thanks to the digitalization of the working process and archives, the size of the studio remained the same as before. However, 5 desks have been reduced in size. A 8 m long shelve unit provides space to work and store, below a pinboard with the same length. At the former studio site out of town PLD is still equipped with a lavish archive and further space for testing, mock-ups, and models.
Image Courtesy © Frank Koschembar
- Architects: Pfarré lighting design studio
- Project: Pfarré lighting design studio
- Location: Munich, Germany
- Photography: Frank Koschembar
- Software used: Vector Works and Photoshop
- Lighting watts per sqm: 4,3
- Size: 67 qm / sqm
- Date of completion: May 2015
Wednesday, May 6th, 2015
Article source: Sett Studio
About four years ago, graphic designer Joey Williams learned that he and his wife were expecting a girl. He panicked—not because he was scared about being a dad but rather because he didn’t know where he was going to work. He had been working out of their modest East Cesar Chavez home, but that space would be taken up by the baby. He thought, What am I going to do? The answer: Install a freestanding, 96-square-foot studio in his yard that would serve as his office.
Image Courtesy © Sett Studio v
- Architects: Sett Studio
- Project: The Studio
- Square feet: 96
- Neighborhood: East Cesar Chavez
Friday, April 24th, 2015
Article source: SkB Architects
KEXP 90.3 FM Radio recently celebrated the ground breaking for its new $15 million broadcast studio complex. The ceremony attracted guests ranging from Pearl Jam’s lead guitarist, Mike McCready to King County Executive, Dow Constantine and, over 700 local fans. A staple of Seattle’s booming music scene for over 40 years, KEXP will soon occupy an expansive 28.000 ft2 piece of real estate in Seattle Center’s Northwest Rooms. KEXP’s new Walters-Storyk Design Group-WSDG – designed studios will feature an Audio/Video broadcast systems integration design based on a Wheatstone Audio for Radio and TV System. The complex will include: A 400 ft2 on-air studio, a 1090 ft2 Live Room, (2) production rooms, (2) audio and (2) DJ Booths (2) video edit rooms, a video control room (2) DJ Iso rooms, a Green Room, Production/Mastering, open office space, a library, conference rooms, and a 4500 ft2 reception area/audience space with a stage for live performances, adjacent to a record/retail store and a café. Funds for the new broadcast complex were raised by a successful on-air campaign and augmented by foundation, corporate, local entrepreneur and local government support.
Image Courtesy © SkB Architects
- Architects: SkB Architects
- Project: KEXP 90.3 FM Radio Seattle Breaks Ground on WSDG Studio
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Software used: Proprietary WSDG mode calculation software was engaged during the design process.
- Acoustic Consultants: Walters Storyk Design Group (WSDG)
- Project manager: Joshua Morris
Saturday, April 11th, 2015
Article source: AA Studio
Spring Studios, a comprehensive creative agency catering to the fashion industry, with headquarters in London, UK. Spring is a group of companies, which work within the fashion, beauty and luxury brand markets and have a shared strategic vision for international growth. Spring was started in 1996 as a photographic studio complex: today, Spring is widely recognized as one of the leading photographic studios in the world and throughout its group of companies is involved in up to 60 fashion shoots a day internationally. Spring has also established a successful business, which provides advertising solutions to leading names including Armani, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Prada, Vogue, etc.
Image Courtesy © Razummedia
- Architects: AA Studio
- Project: Spring Studios
- Location: 50 Varick St, New York, US
- Photography: Razummedia, DaVinci Stairs
- Software Used: SketchUp, AutoCad and Rhino
- Collaboration: MA Architects
Thursday, April 2nd, 2015
Article source: Serge Schoemaker Architects
The Garden Studio in Bussum involves the design and construction of a freestanding shed in a private garden that functions as a study, guest accommodation and storage. The challenge to fit a relatively large structure in a long, narrow garden resulted in an elongated plan. A geometric form entirely clad in shingles, combined with the transparent corner and rotated siting at the rear of the garden lends the studio a distinct presence and identity.
Image Courtesy © Raoul Kramer
- Architects: Serge Schoemaker Architects
- Project: Bussum Garden Studio
- Location: Bussum, Netherlands
- Photography: Raoul Kramer
- Team: Serge Schoemaker. Beatrice Nespega
- Client: Private
- Program: Residential
- Gross Floor Area: 30m2
- Status: Completed (2014)
Wednesday, April 1st, 2015
Article source: Fumihiko Sano / studio PHENOMENON
1981 Born in Nara
At the construction company, dealing with traditional Japanese style, studied technique, material, and culture as a carpenter after the graduation from a high school.
Participates in construction of a tearoom, a Japanese restaurant, a Japanese hotel, the State Guest house,and etc.
2011 Established Fumihiko Sano studio PHENOMENON.
Dealing with the design and installation by making the best use of what learned as carpenter and Modern sence.
Image Courtesy © Daisuke Shimokawa / Nacása&Partners Inc
- Architects: Fumihiko Sano / studio PHENOMENON
- Project: MIWA
- Location: 12 rue Jacob ,Paris ,France
- Photography: Daisuke Shimokawa / Nacása&Partners Inc
- Construction：Sagara builder／Tsumiki drawing builder
- Wood cooperation: Higashishirakawa village forest association/Higashisirakawa Lumber cooperative
- Ceremony for sanctifying ground: Oomiwa shrine
- Concept direction: Takeshi Sato / Rightning Paris
- Tool direction: Hirotoshi Maruwaka/ Maruwakaya
- Antique direction: Shouun Oriental Art
- Reception / origata direction: Keisyousai Ogasawara/Ogasawara ryu reihou
- Site area: 15.6 m²
- Completion: 11/ 2012
Saturday, March 28th, 2015
Article source: Walters Storyk Design Group (WSDG)
Progressing rapidly from nascent electronica music experiments in his parents’ basement back in 2007, singer-songwriter-multi-instrumentalist Adam Young has evolved from initial iTunes sales and a burgeoning Myspace site to a major deal with Republic Records in 2008, and on to Fireflies, a six-time platinum single, from his Ocean Eyes debut album (certified platinum in 2010). Increasing critical and commercial success has intensified Young’s focus on his music. To support his creativity he moved from his family home to a handsome rustic log cabin deep in the Minnesota woods, where he recently completed construction on a Walters-Storyk Design Group ‘dream’ studio.
Image Courtesy © Brian Bradley
- Acoustic Consultants: Walters Storyk Design Group (WSDG)
- Project: WSDG CREATES RUSTIC OWL CITY STUDIO FOR PLATINUM ARTIST ADAM YOUNG
- Location: Owatonna, Minnesota, USA
- Photography: Brian Bradley
- Software used: Proprietary WSDG mode calculation software
Friday, March 20th, 2015
Article source: Tidtang Studio Co.,Ltd.
Rabbit’s Tale, one of the most enthusiastic and fast-growing digital marketing agency based in Bangkok, required tidtang studio to create a unique office that gives a sense of modernity. First, we figured out that the area, which is a former two-stories penthouse, is limited by the spiral stairs setting in the heart of the space. We then decided to use this staircase to centralize the rest limited space altogether.
Image Courtesy © KETSIREE WONGWAN
- Architects: Tidtang Studio Co.,Ltd.
- Project: Rabbit’s Tale Office
- Location: 20TH FLOOR, PIYA PLACE, PHLOEN CHIT, BANGKOK, THAILAND, 10330
- Photography: KETSIREE WONGWAN
- OWNER: RABBIT’S TALE CO.,LTD
- AREA: 260 SQ.M.
- CONTRACTOR: SARAN NAVARAJ
- COST: 3,000,000 BAHT (100,000 US$)
- STATUS: COMPLETED
- YEAR: 2013
Friday, March 13th, 2015
Article source: Walters-Storyk Design Group
A prolific voiceover artist with credits ranging from CBS to E!, Lifetime, CTV and MTV, Graeme Judd needed a first tier personal recording studio. A decision to build a family home in Calgary provided an ideal opportunity to realize that goal. “I spend countless hours recording network promos, TV and Radio spots, and interstitial promos as the exclusive ‘voice’ for the Meredith Vieira Show and other top programs,” Judd explains. “Our commitment to ground up construction was the opportunity to make this studio happen.”
Image Courtesy © WSDG