Archive for the ‘Studio’ Category
Friday, April 24th, 2015
Article source: WSDG Studio
KEXP 90.3 FM Radio recently celebrated the ground breaking for its new $15 million broadcast studio complex. The ceremony attracted guests ranging from Pearl Jam’s lead guitarist, Mike McCready to King County Executive, Dow Constantine and, over 700 local fans. A staple of Seattle’s booming music scene for over 40 years, KEXP will soon occupy an expansive 28.000 ft2 piece of real estate in Seattle Center’s Northwest Rooms. KEXP’s new Walters-Storyk Design Group-WSDG – designed studios will feature an Audio/Video broadcast systems integration design based on a Wheatstone Audio for Radio and TV System. The complex will include: A 400 ft2 on-air studio, a 1090 ft2 Live Room, (2) production rooms, (2) audio and (2) DJ Booths (2) video edit rooms, a video control room (2) DJ Iso rooms, a Green Room, Production/Mastering, open office space, a library, conference rooms, and a 4500 ft2 reception area/audience space with a stage for live performances, adjacent to a record/retail store and a café. Funds for the new broadcast complex were raised by a successful on-air campaign and augmented by foundation, corporate, local entrepreneur and local government support.
Image Courtesy © Walters Storyk Design Group (WSDG)
Saturday, April 11th, 2015
Article source: AA Studio
Spring Studios, a comprehensive creative agency catering to the fashion industry, with headquarters in London, UK. Spring is a group of companies, which work within the fashion, beauty and luxury brand markets and have a shared strategic vision for international growth. Spring was started in 1996 as a photographic studio complex: today, Spring is widely recognized as one of the leading photographic studios in the world and throughout its group of companies is involved in up to 60 fashion shoots a day internationally. Spring has also established a successful business, which provides advertising solutions to leading names including Armani, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Prada, Vogue, etc.
Image Courtesy © Razummedia
- Architects: AA Studio
- Project: Spring Studios
- Location: 50 Varick St, New York, US
- Photography: Razummedia, DaVinci Stairs
- Software Used: SketchUp, AutoCad and Rhino
- Collaboration: MA Architects
Thursday, April 2nd, 2015
Article source: Serge Schoemaker Architects
The Garden Studio in Bussum involves the design and construction of a freestanding shed in a private garden that functions as a study, guest accommodation and storage. The challenge to fit a relatively large structure in a long, narrow garden resulted in an elongated plan. A geometric form entirely clad in shingles, combined with the transparent corner and rotated siting at the rear of the garden lends the studio a distinct presence and identity.
Image Courtesy © Raoul Kramer
- Architects: Serge Schoemaker Architects
- Project: Bussum Garden Studio
- Location: Bussum, Netherlands
- Photography: Raoul Kramer
- Team: Serge Schoemaker. Beatrice Nespega
- Client: Private
- Program: Residential
- Gross Floor Area: 30m2
- Status: Completed (2014)
Wednesday, April 1st, 2015
Article source: Fumihiko Sano / studio PHENOMENON
1981 Born in Nara
At the construction company, dealing with traditional Japanese style, studied technique, material, and culture as a carpenter after the graduation from a high school.
Participates in construction of a tearoom, a Japanese restaurant, a Japanese hotel, the State Guest house,and etc.
2011 Established Fumihiko Sano studio PHENOMENON.
Dealing with the design and installation by making the best use of what learned as carpenter and Modern sence.
Image Courtesy © Daisuke Shimokawa / Nacása&Partners Inc
- Architects: Fumihiko Sano / studio PHENOMENON
- Project: MIWA
- Location: 12 rue Jacob ,Paris ,France
- Photography: Daisuke Shimokawa / Nacása&Partners Inc
- Construction：Sagara builder／Tsumiki drawing builder
- Wood cooperation: Higashishirakawa village forest association/Higashisirakawa Lumber cooperative
- Ceremony for sanctifying ground: Oomiwa shrine
- Concept direction: Takeshi Sato / Rightning Paris
- Tool direction: Hirotoshi Maruwaka/ Maruwakaya
- Antique direction: Shouun Oriental Art
- Reception / origata direction: Keisyousai Ogasawara/Ogasawara ryu reihou
- Site area: 15.6 m²
- Completion: 11/ 2012
Saturday, March 28th, 2015
Article source: Walters Storyk Design Group (WSDG)
Progressing rapidly from nascent electronica music experiments in his parents’ basement back in 2007, singer-songwriter-multi-instrumentalist Adam Young has evolved from initial iTunes sales and a burgeoning Myspace site to a major deal with Republic Records in 2008, and on to Fireflies, a six-time platinum single, from his Ocean Eyes debut album (certified platinum in 2010). Increasing critical and commercial success has intensified Young’s focus on his music. To support his creativity he moved from his family home to a handsome rustic log cabin deep in the Minnesota woods, where he recently completed construction on a Walters-Storyk Design Group ‘dream’ studio.
Image Courtesy © Brian Bradley
- Acoustic Consultants: Walters Storyk Design Group (WSDG)
- Project: WSDG CREATES RUSTIC OWL CITY STUDIO FOR PLATINUM ARTIST ADAM YOUNG
- Location: Owatonna, Minnesota, USA
- Photography: Brian Bradley
- Software used: Proprietary WSDG mode calculation software
Friday, March 20th, 2015
Article source: Tidtang Studio Co.,Ltd.
Rabbit’s Tale, one of the most enthusiastic and fast-growing digital marketing agency based in Bangkok, required tidtang studio to create a unique office that gives a sense of modernity. First, we figured out that the area, which is a former two-stories penthouse, is limited by the spiral stairs setting in the heart of the space. We then decided to use this staircase to centralize the rest limited space altogether.
Image Courtesy © KETSIREE WONGWAN
- Architects: Tidtang Studio Co.,Ltd.
- Project: Rabbit’s Tale Office
- Location: 20TH FLOOR, PIYA PLACE, PHLOEN CHIT, BANGKOK, THAILAND, 10330
- Photography: KETSIREE WONGWAN
- OWNER: RABBIT’S TALE CO.,LTD
- AREA: 260 SQ.M.
- CONTRACTOR: SARAN NAVARAJ
- COST: 3,000,000 BAHT (100,000 US$)
- STATUS: COMPLETED
- YEAR: 2013
Friday, March 13th, 2015
Article source: Walters-Storyk Design Group
A prolific voiceover artist with credits ranging from CBS to E!, Lifetime, CTV and MTV, Graeme Judd needed a first tier personal recording studio. A decision to build a family home in Calgary provided an ideal opportunity to realize that goal. “I spend countless hours recording network promos, TV and Radio spots, and interstitial promos as the exclusive ‘voice’ for the Meredith Vieira Show and other top programs,” Judd explains. “Our commitment to ground up construction was the opportunity to make this studio happen.”
Image Courtesy © WSDG
Saturday, March 7th, 2015
Article source: ReNa Design
A fantasy based on a dream of the artist client and fond of Iranian traditional ornaments; plus a contemporary expression of these ornaments, formed the dynamic, fluid and elegant membrane over the dis-harmonic` and inappropriate existing wall. A place where is supposed to host special people like Iranian artists.
Image Courtesy © Reza Najafian
- Architects: ReNa Design
- Project: Diyar Media Studio
- Location: No. 304, 3nd Floor, No. 252, After Yaser Cross, Shahid Bahonar St., Tehran, Iran
- Photography: Reza Najafian
- Design Team: Mina Nazmjou, Ehsan Marvi, Mohamad Hosein Hamzehlouei, Maryam Najafian
- Design & Construction: ReNa Design ( Reza Najafian )
- Client: Ehsan Delaviz
- Construction Associates: Saeed Toodehfallah, Ehsan Marvi
- Construction Period Time: 63 Days
- Completion Date: March 2013
Wednesday, March 4th, 2015
Article source: Walters-Storyk Design Group
As the culmination of a nearly 20-year-long odyssey, the Lower East Side Girls Club has added a new component to its year-old Center for Community. A classic Airstream Trailer (circa 1958) has been re-purposed as a teaching, recording, and broadcast production studio for LESGC’s WGRL Internet Radio Station and Recording Arts Program. Prominently displayed in a second story window in LESGC’s recently completed $20 million sustainably-built 12 story building at 101 Avenue D, the studio was designed and configured by Walters Storyk Design Group cofounder/architect/ acoustician John Storyk,
1. Lower East Side Girls Club Airstream Recording / Teaching Studio Rear to Front, Image Courtesy © Cheryl Fleming
Wednesday, February 25th, 2015
Article source: J. Neal Design
A complete renovation on the ground floor of Baltimore’s Natty Boh Tower located in Canton, Baltimore, Mpower Yoga has been a game changing challenge and real privilege to work through. A close working relationship with the client, and a local architectural visualization firm lent towards a fast track design-build process yielding a high level of quality, customization, and coordination of comprehensive mechanical systems to best meet the needs of a hot yoga studio. The end product included two hot studio classrooms, fully equipped locker rooms, lounge and retail space, as well as back of house administrative functionality and storage. Despite the challenges of working within the constraints of an existing, and smaller than hoped for space, we were able to wrap the project up from schematic design to complete construction within a year’s time.
Image Courtesy © J. Neal Design
- Architects: J. Neal Design
- Project: MPower Yoga Studio
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland