Archive for the ‘Studio’ Category
Thursday, February 20th, 2014
Article source: Fraher Architects
Sited opposite the Butterfly House, The Studio is a garden based creative home work space for our Architectural Practice. Situated in South East of London the building was driven by the directors need to balance a young family with an increasing workload.
Image Courtesy © Jack Hobhouse
- Architects: Fraher Architects
- Project: The Green Studio
- Location: London, UK
- Photography: Jack Hobhouse
- Structural Engineer: Constant Structural Design
- Joinery: Fraher and Co Ltd
- Start on site: March 2013
- Completed: October 2013
- Area: Total 32sqm
Thursday, February 20th, 2014
Article source: Walters-Storyk Design Group
Ricky Hosn and Alessio Casalini, co-owners of Quad, one of NYC’s most popular and prolific recording studios, have completed a significant redesign of their Q1 Control Room. Working with Walters-Storyk Design Group architect/ acoustician John Storyk, Hosn and Casalini maximized the interior space of their primary studio, and significantly pumped up the volume of their Augspurger system.
Image Courtesy © Rick Hosn
- Acoustic Consultants: Walters-Storyk Design Group
- Project: NY’S QUAD STUDIOS BOW WSDG UPGRADE
- Software used: Proprietary WSDG mode calculation software
Thursday, February 13th, 2014
Article source: HOLDUP Architecture
‘HIDDEN IN A PEACEFUL COURTYARD OF CENTRAL PARIS, THIS STUDIO APARTMENT STRICTLY ACCOMMODATES WHAT’S NECESSARY TO GET AN URBAN FEEL OF THE WORLD MOST DENSE CITY.’
Image Courtesy © The Judge
- Architects: HOLDUP Architecture
- Project: ICE CUBE
- Location: Paris, FRANCE
- Photography: The Judge
- FLOOR AREA . 20sqm
- STATUS . Built !
- COMPLETION . June 2012
- BUDGET . Undisclosed
- CONDITION . Self-employed
Saturday, January 18th, 2014
Article source: Krill Architecture & Christian Müller Architects
Het Buro/De Bovenkamer is a project specially developed and designed for young people. In the Bovenkamer 24 studio’s are realised, twelve of which for former drop-outs, getting a few hours of professional guidance a week, while the other studio’s are for young professionals, acting as role models. With 475m2 office space the Buro offers the possibility for easy start-up of small enterprises. The glazed corner will serve as a coffee corner, a meeting place for the youth, entrepreneurs from the Buro and people from the neighbourhood.
Image Courtesy © Jeroen Musch
- Architects: Krill Architecture & Christian Müller Architects
- Project: Het Buro-De Bovenkamer
- Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: Jeroen Musch
- Software used: Vector Works, Open Office Excell and Creative Suite.
- Contributors: Arnold de Bruin, Barbara Costatino, Raimonda Cibayte, PaulPeter Kuper, Magdalena Merchan, Jiri Serek, Elena Vicente
- Programmatic concept: Het Observatorium, Greetje Hoitink en/and Krill architecture, met/with Hans Venhuizen, Michaela Stegerwald Architectuur, John van de Wetering Advies,
- Design – Completion: 2010 – 2012
- Client: Woonbron Ontwikkelbedrijf Rotterdam, Woonbron Delfshaven, Rotterdam
- Directievoering: Joop van Eisden, Woonbron Ontwikkelbedrijf ism Harmen van de Wal en Christian Müller
- Contractor: Van Wijnen, Stolwijk
- Structural engineer: Adviesbureau Van Dijke BV, Alphen aan de Rijn
- Installation engineer: Boonstoppel Engineering bv., Alblasserdam
- Landscape architect: OR Else, Mark van der Bij, Amsterdam
- Building costs: € 1.280.000 (inc. installations/building services)
- Building costs per m2: € 924,00 (inc. installations/building services)
- Gross floor area: 1385 m2
- Lettable floor area: 1050 m2
Friday, January 17th, 2014
Article source: Schmidt Architects Associates
The brief from this young couple was to design both living accommodation and studio space for sculpture & painting. Located in a millenary old forest of towering trees, on the shores of Lake Pirihueico in the south of Chile.
The proposal was to make a brightly lit and welcoming refuge, which inhabits the rough nature of its environment, enjoying this from within a core which maintains its distance, but at the same time both integrates with and emphasizes its surroundings. Formally it assimilates the vernacular architecture of the south, with large (overhanging??) roofs and simple rounded geometric volumes roughened?? through the ageing of the timber. The building form is not willful given the wet summers and extremely snow filled winters experienced by this remote lake set amongst the foothills of the Andes, but at the same time it contributes to the fantastic existing nature of the place.
Image Courtesy © Schmidt Architects Associates
- Architects: Schmidt Architects Associates
- Project: House Workshop
- Location: Prihueico Lake, Chile
- Structural Engineer: Enzo Valladares
- Site area: 40 hectares.
- Built area: 95m2
- Project date: 2006
- Construction date: 2007
- Principal materials: Structural oak columns/beams
- External envelope: Glazing, tongue and groove pine
- Internal: Cladding pine joinery
- Roof: Galvanized sheet
Friday, January 10th, 2014
Article source: Banker Wire
The Studio City neighborhood of Los Angeles was established along with the prominent movie studios during the early 20thcentury. In one of its high-end apartment complexes, a new water feature created with Banker Wire mesh, emphasizes the connection between Studio City and the movie industry – and provides a canvas for multimedia entertainment.
Image Courtesy © ARTBOX construction Inc.
- Project: Banker Wire Woven Wire Mesh Entertains In Studio City
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Photography: ARTBOX construction Inc.
- Software used: CAD 3D.
Friday, November 29th, 2013
Article source: Walters-Storyk Design Group
In a world where dreams come easy, but are tough to fulfill, producer/songwriter Jon Leidersdorff has caught a golden ring. Committed to building a cohesive infrastructure for the music scene in his hometown, Leidersdorff discovered an abandoned warehouse in downtown Asbury Park, and envisioned it as a multi-purpose center for a collective of music business locals. Investing his own savings and securing a Small Business Association (SBA) loan from the local Asbury Park Community Bank, Leidersdorff called the Walters-Storyk Design Group to create his Lakehouse Recording Studios as the lynchpin for the complex.
Lakehouse Studios South Control, Image Courtesy © Holtz Photography
- Project: LAKEHOUSE RECORDING STUDIOS
- Location: ASBURY PARK, NJ, U.S.A
- Photography: Holtz Photography
- Software used: Revit, AutoCAD, Insul, B&K 2250 sound level meter
Tuesday, October 15th, 2013
Article source: Jeffery S. Poss, Architect
The owners of a steep lakefront residential property wanted a small studio that could serve for making sculpture and accommodating guests. The form of the building reflects these two functions.
Image Courtesy © Jeffery S. Poss, Architect + Workus LLC
- Architects: Jeffery S. Poss, Architect + Workus LLC
- Project: Polygon Studio
- Location: Lake George, New York
- Owners: Kamran Fallahpour + Suzanne Kazemian Falla
- Software used: Google Sketchup
Tuesday, October 8th, 2013
Article source: MARK DZIEWULSKI ARCHITECT
Ernst Neizvestny is an internationally recognized Russian sculptor, whose projects include Kruschev’s tomb, work for the Pope, the largest sculpture in the world, and the new gigantic statue of Liberty for Taiwan. His sculptures and paintings are represented in museums and collections all over the world. There is already a museum devoted to his work in Sweden, and these buildings will eventually become his museum in the United States.
Image Courtesy © Mark Dziewulski Architect
Thursday, September 26th, 2013
Article source: Pott Architects
In between city and airport in the north of Hamburg an existing industrial building complex has been transformed into a think centre for emerging creative companies. The existing site with the courtyard and nearby park has gained a new cubature. Main task of the project was the revitalisation of the old industrial spaces to create a symbiosis between old and new under ecological aspects.
Image Courtesy © Sebastian Treytnar
- Architects: Pott Architects
- Project: Studio Lofts
- Location: Hamburg, Germany
- Photography: Sebastian Treytnar
- Completion: 2011
- Client: ABB Studiolofts
- Size: 3,200 sqm