Archive for the ‘Studio’ Category
Sunday, December 10th, 2017
Article source: Masquespacio
Masquespacio presents the recent renovation of its own studio that represents the working experience at the international creative consultancy below the concept “Mas”, or “More” in English.
Image Courtesy © Bruno Almela
- Architects: Masquespacio
- Project: Masquespacio Interior Design
- Location: Valencia, Spain
- Photography: Bruno Almela, Luis Beltran
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017
Article source: STEVEN HOLL ARCHITECTS
The new Lewis Arts complex on the south edge of campus, adjacent to McCarter Theatre Center, takes the arts at Princeton University to even greater heights by significantly expanding the performance, rehearsal and teaching spaces for the arts in new, state-of-the-art facilities. The complex creates a new campus gateway, shaping campus space while maximizing porosity and movement.
Image Courtesy © Paul Warchol
- Architects: STEVEN HOLL ARCHITECTS
- Project: Lewis Arts complex
- Location: Princeton, New Jersey, USA
- Photography: Paul Warchol
- Project size: 145,000 square feet
- Construction commencement: February 2014
- Construction completion: September 2017
Monday, October 30th, 2017
Article source: José Castro Caldas
In order to continue exploring the interlude between Architecture and woodcraft – In which the Architect builds his own work, I arranged this 40 m2 studio. An opportunity to study / test within this space that would become my Home | Office and set up a laboratory of Architecture, where I could try out both space organization and execution solutions in detail. The hypothesis of resolving the adjustments, reconsidering badly anticipated decisions, imperfections as a carpenter does with his pieces, with the balance of who projected to solve the inherent deviations of the construction processes, here in a scale of Architecture, a kind of revivalism of the Arts and Crafts movement… To inhabit it, al- lows me to perceive its result.
Image Courtesy © Mercês Tomaz Gomes
- Architects: José Castro Caldas
- Project: Casa Estudio Oficina
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: Mercês Tomaz Gomes
- Vfablab– ISCTE– IUL support: Alexandra Paio, Barbara Varela, Maria João de Oliveira and João Sousa.
- Gross Built Area: 40m2
- Completion Year: 2017
Friday, October 27th, 2017
Article source: [delacourt][vanbeek]
In the garden of a Dutch artist, [delacourt] [brook] designed a wooden object with a special roof shape. Under this roof, two completely different functions are housed: a public accessible studio with exhibition space and a poolhouse with sanitary and a covered terrace for the residents.
Image Courtesy © René de Wit
- Architects: [delacourt][vanbeek]
- Project: Atelier-Poolhouse
- Location: Roosendaal, Netherlands
- Photography: René de Wit
Friday, September 29th, 2017
Article source: MVRDV
Magasin 113 is located within Gothenburg’s future Frihamnen RiverCity — the largest urban development project in Scandinavia. The proposed 16,500m2 transformation and extension of the existing warehouse is located on the riverfront, will create a more inclusive and vibrant area of the city. The entire site occupies the edge of an existing public square while Magasin 113 itself located in an existing historical warehouse structure which will offer flexible offices, an art centre, pop-up spaces, a café, tourist information, shops, a restaurant and studios. Gothenburg-based advertising agency Forsman & Bodenfors and Göteborgs Konsthall have plans to establish its offices in the building.
Image Courtesy © MVRDV
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: Magasin 113
- Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
- Client: Gothenburg City Council and Älvstranden Utveckling
- Design Team: Jacob van Rijs, Fokke Moerel with Klaas Hofman, Daniella Persson, Mathias Pudelko, Alicja Pawlak and Mateusz Wojcieszek
- Visualization: Antonio Luca Coco, Pavlos Ventouris, Massimiliano Marzoli, Paolo Mossa Idra and Davide Calabro
- Co-architects: BSK Arkitekter
Tuesday, September 26th, 2017
Article source: Pietro Terlizzi Arquitetura
This 2000.00m² shed located in the neighborhood of Vila Leopoldina – São Paulo, near Marginal Pinheiros was used as a factory and warehouse for 50 years and was seen as a potential structure for a new function.
The owners, who work in the midst of fashion and accustomed to travel to many cities working (mainly from the United States), have found that this type of structure, being transformed and used quite often as photo studios and especially In Los Angeles and New York.
Image Courtesy © Guilherme Pucci
- Architects: Pietro Terlizzi Arquitetura
- Project: Studio Pier 88
- Location: Rua Hassib Mofarrej, 1011 – Vila Leopoldinia – São Paulo – SP – Brazil
- Photography: Guilherme Pucci
- Authors: Arq. Pietro Terlizzi and Roberto Terlizzi
- Architect in charge: Arq. Pietro Terlizzi and Roberto Terlizzi
- Team: Arq. Julia Guadix and Arq. Paula Traven
- Total built area (m2): 2000.00m²
- Year of completion: 2015
Thursday, September 21st, 2017
Article source: Planmaestro Arquitectos
The requirement was a building that would accommodate an artist’s studio and residential space for occasional use as a weekend house. The 1.500 sqm site is located in Peñalolén, a suburban district with low construction density, and neighbors some undeveloped sites. This condition leaves the building very exposed to its surroundings, so the client required that the project would limit the exposure of the interior spaces and provide privacy. The project also had to be capable of becoming an exclusively residential building at a future time, so it needed spaces to allow new uses and an extension to be planned.
Image Courtesy © Mathias Jacob
- Architects: Planmaestro Arquitectos
- Project: House and studio for an artist
- Location: Peñalolén, Santiago, Chile
- Photography: Mathias Jacob
- Structural engineer: Ruiz Saavedra Ingenieros
- Construction: Julio Hernández
- Area: 135 sqm
- Project year: 2017
Thursday, August 24th, 2017
Article source: Studio Vertebra
Studio Vertebra has demonstrated great success and became a finalist at the World Architecture Festival (WAF) Awards, which is considered as one of the most prestigious awards in the architecture world. Achieving to remain on the short list at the World Architecture Festival which will be held in Berlin Arena on 15-17 November 2017, The Studio Vertebra’s design Volume Istanbul will be presented to the jury under the category “Office Projects”.
Image Courtesy © Studio Vertebra
Wednesday, July 19th, 2017
Article source: WSDG-Walters Storyk Design Group
55TEC Recording Studios represents a new level of production sophistication for China. A significant investment in world-class design and top-flight technology, the studio was created by WSDG – Walters-Storyk Design Group, leading acousticians, studio and systems designers. Studio owner and Golden Melody Award-winning recording engineer, Li You joined forces with Wu Yongheng, (AKA Bei Bei, China’s top drummer and, record producer), and with leading pro audio exec. Lizzy Zhou, to address China’s rapidly expanding desire for pop and rock music.
Image Courtesy © Mills Xu