Archive for the ‘S/W’ Category
Tuesday, March 28th, 2017
Article source: Raulino Silva Arquitecto Unipessoal Lda
On the site, that was being used as a planting field, we found the typical granite walls, a stone pit, some fruit trees and bushes. Those walls were recovered and the trees, the bushes and the stone pit were kept in their original place, in order to preserve the identity of the site.
The strong slope of the topography of about 5 meters between the street and the top of the site defined the planning of the house in two floors, nevertheless it was sought that both floors had direct connection with the outside garden.
Image Courtesy © João Morgado – Fotografia de Arquitectura
- Architects: Raulino Silva Arquitecto Unipessoal Lda
- Project: Touguinhó III House
- Location: Touguinhó, Vila do Conde, Portugal
- Photography: João Morgado – Fotografia de Arquitectura
- Software used: Autocad 2016 – Autodesk
- Project area: 340,00 m2
- Project year: 2012 – 2013
- Construction year: 2014 – 2016
Saturday, March 25th, 2017
Article source: GANA Arquitectura
Anytime you have to design a place to work, able to communicate its company philosophy and foster its activity development, it is an atractive and difficult challenge; but if this office is going to be your new headquarters, this challenge gets huge and powerful.
For us, this project for GANA’s new headquarters emerged full of ideas and illusion, based on a place with great location and possibilities. Features as the traditional flooring tiles from the 30’s, views to Santiago’s church, or the access from Alcazabilla street, make of this project a valuable opportunity. Thus, the key of this design is to empower the existing elements, as an oposition to the contemporary elements required for the activity itself.
Image Courtesy © GANA Arquitectura
- Architects: GANA Arquitectura (Antonio Galisteo, Álvaro Fernández Navarro, Francisco J. Camacho Gómez)
- Project: Renovation for The New Headquarters
- Location: Calle Alcazabilla 9, 1D. Málaga, Spain
- Software used: Autocad
- Collaborators: David Melero Herrera, María García Ostos, Marta Sevillano, Díez del Corral, Léa Delval, Augustyna Grzybowska, HERECU, KRITEC
- Project Area: 95,00 m2
- Project year: 2016
Friday, March 24th, 2017
Article source: gaupenraub+/-
The new building is developed more like an annex than as a singular object – its appearance is more linked to its place of location than to its function.
The existing vegetation at the site are only trees without any bushes so there is a horizontal level of about two meters free-view on the whole open-air-museum which we didn´t want to disturb with our work.
Finaly the clients received a showcase-extension on these groundfloor forming a new open public yard together with the existing buildings.
Image Courtesy © Patricia Weisskirchner
Friday, March 24th, 2017
Article source: De Smet Vermeulen architecten
This office with shed and youth centre is a stopping place in nature. It has two important neighbours: a regional nature centre and a sports hall, which it is up against so as to be able to benefit from the paving and the underground pipes. The answer to the respectively indifferent and educational setting of sports hall and nature centre is domesticity: a house was missing on the premises.
Image Courtesy © Dennis De Smet
- Architects: De Smet Vermeulen architecten
- Project: Youth Center
- Location: De Stek, Bourgoyen, Ghent, Belgium
- Photography: Dennis De Smet
- Software used: Vectorworks
- Client: Natuurpunt Gent VZW and JNM VZW
- Project Architects: Eline Tavernier, Nikolaj De Meulder, Eva Čápová
- Advisers: Bast Architects & Engineers
- Reference budget: 450.500 €
- Total surface: 300,50 m2
Thursday, March 23rd, 2017
Article source: Atelier Xavier Ávila
X/A apartments is a project designed by an architecture studio based in Madalena, Pico Island, Azores: X/A atelier
The project was developed by the architect Sofia Xavier Avila, owner and manager of the studio, in partnership with João Xavier Avila.
Image Courtesy © Atelier Xavier Ávila
- Architects: Atelier Xavier Ávila
- Project: X/A Apartments
- Location: Madalena, Portugal
- Software used:Autocad, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop
Tuesday, March 21st, 2017
Article source: SIROTOV ARCHITECTS
Mp2h project – is a 3 storey apartment in a modern style in the city of Kiev. Total area – 340 m2.
On the first floor: entrance hall, kitchen, dining room, living room, guest bathroom, wardrobe, guest bedroom, sitting area and terrace.
Image Courtesy © SIROTOV ARCHITECTS
- Architects: SIROTOV ARCHITECTS
- Project: mp2h
- Location: Kiev, Ukraine
- Software used: 3ds Max, Corona Renderer, Adobe Photoshop
Saturday, March 18th, 2017
Article source: NL Architects
Kleiburg is one of the biggest apartment buildings in the Netherlands: a bend slab with 500 apartments, 400 meter long, 10 + 1 stories high.
Kleiburg is located in the Bijlmermeer, a CIAM inspired residential expansion of Amsterdam designed in the sixties by Siegfried Nassuth of the city planning department. De Bijlmer was intended as a green, light and spacious alternative for the -at that time- disintegrating inner city.
Image Courtesy © Stijn Poelstra
- Architects: NL Architects and XVW architectuur
- Project: Kleiburg De Flat
- Location: Kleiburg, The Netherlands
- Photography: Marcel van der Burg and Stijn Poelstra
- Software used: Autocad
- Client: Consortium De Flat: KondorWessels Vastgoed, Hendriks CPO, Vireo Vastgoed, Hollands Licht / Martijn Blom
- Team NL Architects: Pieter Bannnenberg, Walter van Dijk, Kamiel Klaasse and Guus Peters with Iwan Hameleers, Giulia Pastore and Fouad Addou, Matthew Davis, Paul Ducom, Soo Kyung Chun, Adrian Mans, Paulo Dos Sousa, Carmen Valtierra de Luis
- Structure: Van Rossum Raadgevende Ingenieurs Amsterdam bv
- Building Physics: Schreuder Groep
- Installations: HOMIJ Technische installaties bv, Amsterdam
- Contractor: KondorWessels Amsterdam bv
- Size: Gross floor area 65.600m², net floor area 59.400m²
Saturday, March 18th, 2017
Article source: Graham Baba Architects
The first half of the 20th-century was a time of growth and dignity for downtown Yakima. Presidents Roosevelt and Taft visited the emerging agricultural center where the main street featured fountains, grand theaters, and stately, multi-story brick-and-masonry buildings. By mid-century, however, most of these structures had been demolished to make way for parking lots as businesses struggled to keep their downtown relevant and residents fled to the suburbs.
Image Courtesy © Lara Swimmer
- Architects: Graham Baba Architects
- Project: Cowiche Canyon Kitchen and Ice Bar
- Location: Yakima, Washington, USA
- Photography: Lara Swimmer, Jenn LaFreniere
- Software used: Autocad, Google SketchUp
Friday, March 17th, 2017
Article source: architecture R/T
Nivim is Goa’s first Gold rated green building certified by the IGBC – Indian Green Building Council in October 2013. It sits on a 1025 square meter property on a hill in a sleepy village in Goa. Before construction, the site had 14 fully mature trees- two jackfruit trees, one mango tree, two tamarind trees and one telful tree. The design of the house incorporates all these existing trees. Two trees in particular were located right in the center of the property and one of them rises up almost 15 meters.
Image Courtesy © Bharat Ramamrutham.
- Architects: architecture R/T
- Project: Nivim House
- Location: Goa, India
- Photography: Bharat Ramamrutham.
- Software used: sketch up
Thursday, March 16th, 2017
Article source: 314 Architecture Studio
Located on a plot of 7000m2 the total area of the house is 1000m2.
The house was designed to give a sense of contact with the the water element inspired by the owners love for yachts. The contact of the house and the artificial ponds that surround it, create a cooling sensation.
Image Courtesy © 314 Architecture Studio
- Architects: 314 Architecture Studio
- Project: H_3 House
- Location: Eastern suburb, Athens, Greece
- Software used: SketchUp, V-Ray, physical model, Autocad,
- Year of completion: 2013