Article source: Virai Arquitectos
In the estate of La Grajera, west of the city of Logroño and only a few yards from the Camino de Santiago, we find the Institutional Winery of La Grajera.
The Project seeks an equilibrium between the need to announce the presence of the winery and the desire to merge with the landscape: the volumes follow the deformations of the land and are interrupted, moving towards the forest, remaining close to its border and thus respecting the existing vegetation.
- Architects: Virai Arquitectos (Marta Parra+Juan Manuel Herranz)
- Project: La Grajera
- Location: Logroño,La Rioja, Spain
- First prize competition: May 2000
- Working project: 2004-2007
- Working period: September 2009- June 2011
- CLIENT: Consejería de Agricultura, Ganadería y Desarrollo Rural. Gobierno de la Rioja.
- LOCATION: estate of La Grajera , Logroño, La Rioja, Spain
- AREA: 6.900 m2
- COST: 11.292.757,45 euros
- Software used: Bricscad and Cype