Article source: Margot Krasojević Architects
The design proposal is for a pedestrian bridge commissioned by the Ordos government to cross the Wulanmulun River, located in Ordos city, Kangbashi district Mongolia.
The bridge consists of a main floating section which gives buoyant support to three expanding walkways, and a carbon fiber triple sail which is raised and lowered by the buoyancy rotator. The bridge is a flexible structure that can relocate by sailing along the river to its new position. To do so, it folds into multiple sections that stack into each other.
- Architects: Margot Krasojević Architects
- Project: Revolving Sail Bridge
- Location: Eerduosi Shi, China
- Photography: Margot Krasojević
- Software used: Catia, Marionette, 3dS Max
- Client: Ordos governemnt
- Architects/Designers: Margot Krasojević
- Project manager: Margot Krasojević
- Collaborators: Out to tender