Archive for the ‘McNeel’ Category
Tuesday, June 28th, 2016
Article source: GARZA IGA ARQUITECTOS
Bake Darling is a new franchise concept in Mexico focused on selling all kinds of pastry-related products, the variety of articles they handle , their forms and uses forced us to create a design concept in which they could be arranged in a more efficient and orderly manner, being that the display space was very scarce. Hidden forms, wooden elements and light draw attention to onlookers and customers alike attracting many kinds people into the store, almost no one leaves without buying a guilty pleasure or two.
Image Courtesy © GARZA IGA ARQUITECTOS
- Architects: GARZA IGA ARQUITECTOS
- Project: BAKE DARLING
- Location: FASHION MALL, CHIHUAHUA CITY, MEXICO
- Software used: Autocad, Rhino 3D, Ilustrator and In Desing
- Colaborators: EDUARDO IGA, DANIELA GARZA, DANIEL LEOS, ALEJANDRA NEVAREZ, ESTEFANIA COTA, ROGELIO BORUNDA
- Year: 2015
Friday, June 24th, 2016
Article source: Atelier Alter
This rehabilitation project converts a storage space into a stone archive: to showcase the diversities of stone craft and to create a space for architects to contemplate their designs with stone.
As the most primitive construction material, stone comes with dignity and authenticity. However, as construction becomes more and more visually dominated, stones are crafted to be light and polished. The spirit within stones seems to be lost, as stones are gradually substituted by other superficial materials. This project attempts to propose a critic for modern construction.
facade night, Image Courtesy © Atelier Alter
- Architects: Atelier Alter
- Project: Yingliang Stone Archive
- Location: Beijing city Chaoyang District Beiyuan North Qu Winery International Art District F1-1001, China
- Software used: Rhino
- Client: Beijing Tian Cheng Ying Liang Stone Co., Ltd.
- Principals in Charge: Xiaojun Bu Yingfan Zhang
- Design Team: Kai Qin, Zhenwei Li, Dehu Du, Tongwei Liu
- Civil/Structure/MEP Engineer: Jie Jin, Zhe Li, Wei Li, Ming Cheng
- Landscape Architect: Xiaojun Bu, Dehu Du
- General Contractor: An Hui Wan Cong Construction Services Co.,Ltd., Beijing Jingcheng Yongshun Science and Technology Development Co., Ltd.
- Cost: $427,560
- Area: 472 m2
- Year: 2016
Friday, June 3rd, 2016
Article source: Garza Iga Arquitectos
This house was conceived from the start to be sold as an investment for a client. The interior layout is very commercial. But we wanted to make something different, something that stood out from the rest of the houses in the neighborhood. We chose to design a house that would be built quickly making the construction cheaper. The construction process can be summarized in three basic steps.
Image Courtesy © Delfoz
- Architects: Garza Iga Arquitectos
- Project: Mitre house
- Location: Mexico
- Photography: Delfoz
- Software used: Autocad, Rhino, Illustration
- Team: Daniela Garza, Eduardo Iga
- Status: Built
- Size: 1000 sqft – 3000 sqft
- Year: 2015
Sunday, May 22nd, 2016
Article source: Ark-kassam Architects
The House Concept is designed to create a simple sculptural volumetric block using perforated screens windows and kinetic sunscreens are used to provide a seamless transition from the roof to the penthouse, villa facades and boundaries.
The Villa Contemporary style and the Integration of shading components as main elements composing the façades, Image Courtesy © Ark-Kassam Architects
- Architects: Ark-kassam Architects (Abdalrahim Kassam)
- Project: Lusail-Naqsh House
- Location: North Residential Villas & Waterfront Residential Villas Districts, Lusail City, Qatar
- Software used: Cad, Rhino, Sketch up, Atlantis, PS
- Clients: Hilal Arnaout
- Visualizing: Mais Hassoun
- Landscaping: Noor Kassam
- Total Built-up Area: 1042 sq.
- Year: 2016-2017
Friday, May 13th, 2016
Article source: DROO PROJECTS
DROO Projects is a Paris/London based studio specializing in high end residential design. This boutique apartment building tucked in behind a narrow listed Shop House building, in Melbourne’s inner suburb of Hawthorn. The long narrow Shop house building typology allowed for the existing building to be extended to create a two compact mini towers to the rear separated by a generous courtyard internally, providing light and outdoor living spaces for the individual apartments. The building is characterized by its large glazed windows, and the strong faceted gold fins, which provide sun-shading and privacy between flats.
Image Courtesy © Willem Dirk Du Toit
- Architects: DROO PROJECTS
- Project: Boutique Apartment Building
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Photography: Willem Dirk Du Toit
- Software used: Autocad and Rhino
- Main Contractor: Project Build Construction Pty Ltd.
- Site Management Architect: Mihaly Slocombe
- Completed: December 2015
Thursday, May 12th, 2016
Article source: sage and coombe architects
Built as part of New York City’s Design Excellence program within both the Department of Parks and Recreation and the DDC, the Ocean Breeze Indoor Athletic Facility sits within a new 110-acre park being developed as a part of former Mayor Bloomberg’s PlaNYC initiative, whose primary goal was to bring large scale regional parks to every borough. Located on Staten Island’s Eastern Shore, the building overlooks the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, lower Manhattan, and the Freedom Tower.
Image Courtesy © Alexa Hoyer
- Architects: sage and coombe architects
- Project: Ocean Breeze Track & Fieldhouse
- Location: 625 Father Capodanno Blvd., Staten Island, New York, USA
- Photography: Paul Warchol and Alexa Hoyer
- Software used: AutoCad, Revit, 3d Studio, Rhino, Ecotect, Excel, Photoshop/Illustrator, Powerpoint, BlueBeam
- Client: NYC Dept of Parks and Recreation, Construction management by NYC DDC
- Site: 110 acres
- Building: 135,000 SF
- Completion Date: 2016
Tuesday, May 10th, 2016
Article source: Snohetta
The MAX IV Laboratory, a high-performance synchrotron radiation laboratory, is under construction on 19 hectares (47 acres) of traditional, productive land outside the city of Lund in southern Sweden. This advanced research laboratory will be the first built structure of the future ‘Science City’ in the Brunnshög area northeast of Lund.
Image Courtesy © Snøhetta and Fojab
- Architects: Snohetta
- Project: The MAX IV Laboratory
- Location: Sweden
- Software used: Rhino, Grasshopper, AutoCAD, Revit
- Photography: ABML4, Inge Ove Tysnes, Snøhetta and Fojab, ABML4/Felix Gerlach, Klas Andersson
Friday, May 6th, 2016
Article source: Chang Kyu Lee
A house is a place of habitation—a dwelling and shelter. A house is also a home—a place of identity. Just as an individual’s identity is personal (private) and social (public), the home is also a shelter separated from the world (inward) and a place of center from which to explore the world (outward).
Image Courtesy © GEBDESIGN
- Architect: Chang Kyu Lee
- Project: One House_House for Family of Four
- Location: Pangyo, Korea
- Software used: Rhino and Cad with Revit
Saturday, April 23rd, 2016
Article source: ZAAD Studio
The building site is located in Tehran in a region formerly populated with private gardens and orchards. However, with the passage of time and an exponential rise in property value the area has experienced a rapid transformation into an aggregation of high-rise structures for the wealthy.
Image Courtesy © Ehsan Karimi
- Architects: ZAAD Studio
- Project: FARMANIEH RESIDENTIAL TOWER
- Location: Farmanieh St., Tehran, Iran
- Photography: Ehsan Karimi
- Software used: Rhino, Grasshopper, Vray, Photoshop, illustrator
- Client: Barzanegar Pouya Iranian Consulting Group
- Designers: Farshad Mehdizadeh, Raha Ashrafi, Mohsen Marizad Collaborators: ZAAD Studio, Marz Design
- Size: 32.000 sqm
- Project Status: Concept Design Complete 2015
Thursday, April 21st, 2016
Article source: J. MAYER H. und Partner Architekten
MAYER H. and Partner, Architekten is proud to announce that we have won the competition for the new tram station in Freiburg, Germany. After presenting the project to the citizens of the City of Freiburg in March, completion is scheduled for approximately end 2018.
Image Courtesy © J. MAYER H. und Partner Architekten
- Architects: J. MAYER H. und Partner Architekten
- Project: PAVILLON AM RING
- Location: Platz am Siegesdenkmal / Friedrichring, Freiburg, Germany
- Client: Freiburger Stadtbau GmbH (FSB), Freiburg, Germany
- Partner in Charge: Jürgen Mayer H.
- Project Architect: Sebastian Finckh
- Project Team: Mi Na Bae, Fabrizio Silvano
- Competition Engineers:
- Structural and Building service engineer: Buro Happold, Berlin
- Lighting Concept: lichttransfer, Berlin
- Kitchen Engineer: IB Scherer, Darmstadt
- Building Physics: IB Santer, Duisburg
- Local Architect on site: Jürgen Moser Architekten, Lörrach
- Ground floor area: 250 m²
- Project: 2015-2016
- Completion: end 2018
- Software used: ArchiCad and Rhino