Archive for the ‘Rhino’ Category
Thursday, July 14th, 2016
Article source: Stephen Phillips Architects (SPARCHS)
Challenging the local San Francisco vernacular with powerful contemporary style, this new apartment building designed by Stephen Phillips Architects (SPARCHS) plays with viewer perception to create dramatic visual and spatial effects.
Image Courtesy © Tim Griffith Photography
- Architects: Stephen Phillips Architects (SPARCHS)
- Project: Linden Street Apartments
- Location: San Francisco, California, USA
- Photography: Tim Griffith Photography
- Software used: Rhino, Maya, Autocad, and Adobe illustrator and photoshop
- Project Team: Sam Clovis, Cameron Helland, Richard Porter, Andrew Wright, David Stamatis, Franco Zaragoza, Stephen Becker, Domini Padua, Trevor Larsen
- Client: Hayes Valley Properties
- Contractor: Kevin Webb Construction
- Structural Engineer: Double D Engineering
- Area: 4,200 sq. ft.
- Completed: 2016
Friday, July 8th, 2016
Article source: J. MAYER H. und Partner Architekten
The Miami Design District, a neighborhood dedicated to innovative art, design and architecture, has commissioned The Museum Garage to be built as part of its Phase III development.
It is a seven-story mixed-use structure with ground-floor retail and the capacity for 800 vehicles. Curated by Terence Riley of K/R (Keenen/Riley), the project will feature five dramatically different façades by WORKac, J.MAYER.H, Clavel Arquitectos, Nicolas Buffe and K/R (Keenen/Riley). The building will also feature a mural by Sagmeister & Walsh.
Image Courtesy © J. MAYER H. und Partner Architekten
- Architects: J. MAYER H. und Partner Architekten
- Project: MUSEUM GARAGE – Artistic façade design for a parking garage
- Location: Miami, Florida, U.S.A
- Software used: ArchiCad and Rhino
- Client: Miami Design District
- Partner in Charge: Juergen Mayer H.
- Project Architect: Wilko Hoffmann
- Team: Marcus Blum, Fabrizio Silvano
- Project Date: 2014-2017
- Completion: 2017
Thursday, July 7th, 2016
Article source: Deraya designs
The knowledge of the past is the key to our future , it enhance the way we know ourselves , our life , our experiences , a good building is a building that can corporate with all the knowledge states , our sustainable life cycle is aiming for a futuristic development that is raising by the human beings a key to a better life
Image Courtesy © Deraya designs
- Architects: Deraya designs
- Project: Berlin’s Natural Science Museum
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Software used: 3ds max & rhino-grasshopper
Saturday, July 2nd, 2016
Article source: Architects of Invention
The project implies construction of an upscale lifestyle community comprised of a professionally serviced apartment complex, located on the reclaimed part of the main island of Seychelles – Sailwin. The project includes advanced infrastructure: spa-complex, several restaurants and a club-house with a pool and a private marina. Project site has a direct access to the beach.
Image Courtesy © Architects of Invention
- Architects: Architects of Invention
- Project: Coral Holiday Apartments
- Location: Mahe Island, Sailwin, Seychelles
- Software used: Sketchup, Rhino, Autocad
- Landscape consultant: HED
- Team: Dominykas Daunys, Nikoloz Japaridze, Anton Khmelnitskiy, Ivane Ksnelashvili, Davit Tsanava
- Budget: $10 mil
- Size: 15000 m²
Tuesday, June 28th, 2016
Article source: GARZA IGA ARQUITECTOS
Bake Darling is a new franchise concept in Mexico focused on selling all kinds of pastry-related products, the variety of articles they handle , their forms and uses forced us to create a design concept in which they could be arranged in a more efficient and orderly manner, being that the display space was very scarce. Hidden forms, wooden elements and light draw attention to onlookers and customers alike attracting many kinds people into the store, almost no one leaves without buying a guilty pleasure or two.
Image Courtesy © GARZA IGA ARQUITECTOS
- Architects: GARZA IGA ARQUITECTOS
- Project: BAKE DARLING
- Location: FASHION MALL, CHIHUAHUA CITY, MEXICO
- Software used: Autocad, Rhino 3D, Ilustrator and In Desing
- Colaborators: EDUARDO IGA, DANIELA GARZA, DANIEL LEOS, ALEJANDRA NEVAREZ, ESTEFANIA COTA, ROGELIO BORUNDA
- Year: 2015
Friday, June 24th, 2016
Article source: Atelier Alter
This rehabilitation project converts a storage space into a stone archive: to showcase the diversities of stone craft and to create a space for architects to contemplate their designs with stone.
As the most primitive construction material, stone comes with dignity and authenticity. However, as construction becomes more and more visually dominated, stones are crafted to be light and polished. The spirit within stones seems to be lost, as stones are gradually substituted by other superficial materials. This project attempts to propose a critic for modern construction.
facade night, Image Courtesy © Atelier Alter
- Architects: Atelier Alter
- Project: Yingliang Stone Archive
- Location: Beijing city Chaoyang District Beiyuan North Qu Winery International Art District F1-1001, China
- Software used: Rhino
- Client: Beijing Tian Cheng Ying Liang Stone Co., Ltd.
- Principals in Charge: Xiaojun Bu Yingfan Zhang
- Design Team: Kai Qin, Zhenwei Li, Dehu Du, Tongwei Liu
- Civil/Structure/MEP Engineer: Jie Jin, Zhe Li, Wei Li, Ming Cheng
- Landscape Architect: Xiaojun Bu, Dehu Du
- General Contractor: An Hui Wan Cong Construction Services Co.,Ltd., Beijing Jingcheng Yongshun Science and Technology Development Co., Ltd.
- Cost: $427,560
- Area: 472 m2
- Year: 2016
Friday, June 3rd, 2016
Article source: Garza Iga Arquitectos
This house was conceived from the start to be sold as an investment for a client. The interior layout is very commercial. But we wanted to make something different, something that stood out from the rest of the houses in the neighborhood. We chose to design a house that would be built quickly making the construction cheaper. The construction process can be summarized in three basic steps.
Image Courtesy © Delfoz
- Architects: Garza Iga Arquitectos
- Project: Mitre house
- Location: Mexico
- Photography: Delfoz
- Software used: Autocad, Rhino, Illustration
- Team: Daniela Garza, Eduardo Iga
- Status: Built
- Size: 1000 sqft – 3000 sqft
- Year: 2015
Sunday, May 22nd, 2016
Article source: Ark-kassam Architects
The House Concept is designed to create a simple sculptural volumetric block using perforated screens windows and kinetic sunscreens are used to provide a seamless transition from the roof to the penthouse, villa facades and boundaries.
The Villa Contemporary style and the Integration of shading components as main elements composing the façades, Image Courtesy © Ark-Kassam Architects
- Architects: Ark-kassam Architects (Abdalrahim Kassam)
- Project: Lusail-Naqsh House
- Location: North Residential Villas & Waterfront Residential Villas Districts, Lusail City, Qatar
- Software used: Cad, Rhino, Sketch up, Atlantis, PS
- Clients: Hilal Arnaout
- Visualizing: Mais Hassoun
- Landscaping: Noor Kassam
- Total Built-up Area: 1042 sq.
- Year: 2016-2017
Friday, May 13th, 2016
Article source: DROO PROJECTS
DROO Projects is a Paris/London based studio specializing in high end residential design. This boutique apartment building tucked in behind a narrow listed Shop House building, in Melbourne’s inner suburb of Hawthorn. The long narrow Shop house building typology allowed for the existing building to be extended to create a two compact mini towers to the rear separated by a generous courtyard internally, providing light and outdoor living spaces for the individual apartments. The building is characterized by its large glazed windows, and the strong faceted gold fins, which provide sun-shading and privacy between flats.
Image Courtesy © Willem Dirk Du Toit
- Architects: DROO PROJECTS
- Project: Boutique Apartment Building
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Photography: Willem Dirk Du Toit
- Software used: Autocad and Rhino
- Main Contractor: Project Build Construction Pty Ltd.
- Site Management Architect: Mihaly Slocombe
- Completed: December 2015
Thursday, May 12th, 2016
Article source: sage and coombe architects
Built as part of New York City’s Design Excellence program within both the Department of Parks and Recreation and the DDC, the Ocean Breeze Indoor Athletic Facility sits within a new 110-acre park being developed as a part of former Mayor Bloomberg’s PlaNYC initiative, whose primary goal was to bring large scale regional parks to every borough. Located on Staten Island’s Eastern Shore, the building overlooks the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, lower Manhattan, and the Freedom Tower.
Image Courtesy © Alexa Hoyer
- Architects: sage and coombe architects
- Project: Ocean Breeze Track & Fieldhouse
- Location: 625 Father Capodanno Blvd., Staten Island, New York, USA
- Photography: Paul Warchol and Alexa Hoyer
- Software used: AutoCad, Revit, 3d Studio, Rhino, Ecotect, Excel, Photoshop/Illustrator, Powerpoint, BlueBeam
- Client: NYC Dept of Parks and Recreation, Construction management by NYC DDC
- Site: 110 acres
- Building: 135,000 SF
- Completion Date: 2016