Archive for the ‘Technology’ Category
Sunday, March 27th, 2016
Article source: Nicolli – technologies for architecture
A new technology centre for automotive industry research, analysis and development in Mestrino, Padua, with a space where is located the Formula 1 pilot training driving simulator and the development area of performance racing cars.
Image Courtesy © Nicolli – technologies for architecture
- Architects: Nicolli – technologies for architecture
- Project: Bhai Tech
- Location: Mestrino, Padova, Italy
- Project team: Danilo Turato, Arianna Gobbo, Filippo Fradellin and Enrico Rispo architects with Stefano Paludetto engineer
- Building area: 2.800 sqm
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016
Article source: Kadawittfeldarchitektur
New build of a modern energy efficiency centre on the campus of Hochschule Niederrhein in Mönchengladbach| ADDED VALUE The low-resource energy generation system is displayed on the outside of the sculptural facade made of photovoltaic elements, thus giving the building an unmistakable character.
Image Courtesy © Andreas Horsky
- Architects: Kadawittfeldarchitektur
- Project: NEW-BLAUHAUS
- Location: MÖNCHENGLADBACH, GERMANY
- Photography: Andreas Horsky
- Software used: AutoCAD, Rhino, Autodesk 3ds Max, V-Ray
- Client: NEW mobil & aktiv Mönchengladbach GmbH
- General contractor: A.Frauenrath BauConcept GmbH
- Project team: Julia Wehmeyer, Jochen Hansen, Marie Krebs (student assistant), Sergej Griniak (student assistant)
- Consultants: Daniel Trappen, Paloma Perez-Horsky, Raimonda Guoby te (interior design), Andreas Horsky (visualisation), Andrea Blaschke (modelling)
- Project team competition phase: Kerstin Tulke, Angie Müller, Pawel Pietkun, Bade Kurdakul
- Landscape architecture: greenbox Landschaftsarchitek ten, Cologne Structural engineering / Building physics / Fire engineering Kempen Krause Ingenieure, Aachen
- Occupant: Hochschule Niederrhein and NEW (more…)
Wednesday, December 23rd, 2015
Article source: Tham & Videgård Arkitekter
The site on the KTH campus, with its very tangible cultural and historical context and its physical limitations, could be described as the opposite of a blank slate (Tabula Rasa). The new school is inserted into an existing courtyard space with existing pathways and is located adjacent to Erik Lallerstedt’s original and quite monumental brick buildings from the early twentieth century.
Image Courtesy © Tham & Videgård Arkitekter
- Architects: Tham & Videgård Arkitekter
- Project: New School of Architecture, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- Chief architects: Bolle Tham and Martin Videgård
- Built area: 9.140 m²
- Year: 2007-2015
Thursday, November 19th, 2015
Article source: sanzpont [arquitectura]
To entrust in the individual health is a fear that every person must confront in certain moment and to feel the tranquility of being in the right hands for any clinical procedure is a real relief.
Perfect Vision is a Laser Ophthalmology Institute dedicated to advanced treatments with the latest technology equipment. The entrusted objective for his remodeling was being able to transmit across the design, the confidence and safety with technology and vanguard to the clients who come to the clinic. To offer an innovation and perfection image and at the same time to offer safety and tranquility. To transmit the sensation of cleanliness we use futuristic lines, pure white colors with subtle blue lighting to bring peace and calm, accompanied by a comfortable waiting area with seating in various shades of relaxing tones.
Image Courtesy © Sanzpont [arquitectura]
- Architects: Sanzpont [arquitectura]
- Project: Perfect Vision
- Location: Av. Bonampak, Cancún, México
- Software used: Autodesk Revit and 3dsmax
- Client: Private
- Area: 200m2
- Status: Built
- Year: 2015
Thursday, November 12th, 2015
Article source: Picharchitects
In an approximation where the building is located, there is an interest to activate the center island, linking it to the street and open space leading to the passage through the building to convert existing public space on a meeting room.
Image Courtesy © LOURDES JANSANA
- Architects: Picharchitects
- Project: TECHNOLOGY CENTER LEITAT
- Location: Districte 22@-poble nou. Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Lourdes Jansana
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp, Photoshop
- Total constructed surface: 4468.28 M²
Sunday, July 19th, 2015
Article source: Aedas
Designed by Aedas, Element Suzhou Science and Technology Town opened its door to welcome international guests. This first Element hotel in Asia Pacific is well integrated into the green surrounding while maintaining its architectural presence.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Element Suzhou Science and Technology
- Location: Town Suzhou, China
- Project Design Director: Yu-chieh Chiang
- Client: Suzhou Science & Technology Town (SSTT)
- Gross floor area: 27,255 sq m
- Completion year: 2015
Wednesday, January 28th, 2015
Article source: C&C DESIGN CO.,LTD.
This project is located in a sales center with classic style. When we live in the city for so long, it is easy for us to feel numb and ignore the beauty of natural scenery. The fast-paced information era also makes people ignore daily life. We are open to the possibilities of free and flowing space, regardless of architecture limitations. Stars, mountains, rivers, snowflakes, or sweet chocolate are our most cherishing childhood memories which remind us of the importance of living condition by abstract forms.
Image Courtesy © C&C DESIGN CO.,LTD.
- Architects: C&C DESIGN CO.,LTD.
- Project: Pearl River Science and Technology Digital City Sales Center
- Location: Guangdong, China
Thursday, November 6th, 2014
Article source: A Architectural Design
TOBB Economy and Technology University that has been established in Ankara is an urban-scale architectural transformation and development project. Once used for secondary education, the existing buildings have been given new functions as the core of the university. Within the scope of the master plan work, in time, neighboring new areas have been added to the campus and new areas of development have been planned. This development phase has focused on the formation of an urban texture, aiming for the transformation of the immediate periphery into an education-and-student-intensive urban quarter.
Image Courtesy © Fethi Mağara
- Architects: A Architectural Design
- Project: TOBB ETÜ TECHNOLOGY CENTER
- Location: Ankara, Turkey
- Photography: Fethi Mağara
- Owner: TOBB Ekonomi ve Teknoloji Üniversitesi
- Constructor: Tür-SumA.Ş.
- Construction Manager: Mustafa Tekinel
- Structure:IbrahimOzturk, Yüksek Proje
- Mechanical:Okutan Mühendislik, CelalOkutan
- Electrical:Akay Mühendislik, CengizOzkan
- Landscape Design: On Tasarım Oktan Nalbantoğlu
- Advisor:OkanToker, Alara Mühendislik
Saturday, December 21st, 2013
Article source: BLKLM Architects
Science and technology evolve at an astounding rate. They are in constant motion and change, with such fierce speed that both surprises and excites. The non-stop evolution is boundless, and it gets faster and more dynamic every day.
Companies, industries, laboratories and research centers devote energy and make investments to discover new ways to enhance and consolidate a variety of products in general. The spaces that showcase scientific and technological progress have become hubs of social interest, where MAGIC and FANTASY of the near yet unknown future attract like a magnet that boasts an amazing array of features.
Image Courtesy © ATELIER FEDERICO RAPONI
- Architects: BL/KLM ARCHITECTS
- Project: Science and Technology Center
- Location: Beijing, China
- Photography: ATELIER FEDERICO RAPONI
- AUTHORS: BL/KLM ARCHITECTS, BAUDIZZONE LESTARD / KLM KELLY LESTARD MALDONADO ARQUITECTOS, BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
- LOCAL CONSULTANT: DIAGONAL ARCHITECTURE DESIGN AND CONSULTING CO. LTD
- SURFACE: 26.000 SQM
- PROJECT YEAR: DECEMBER 2011
- FIRST PRIZE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: NOVEMBER 2012
- COLLABORATORS: ARQ. MATIASVERDI, ARQJUAN IGNACIORUFFA, ARQ. MARIANA ODORICO, JEREMIAS THOMAS, FERNANDO SCHAPOCHNIK, LUCIANO CAPACCIOLI, ARQ. DARIO STORMINSKY, MATIAS LASTRA, ALEJO NAIPAUER, GABRIELA AXELRUD
- STRUCTURAL CONSULTANT: ING. ALBERTO FAINSTEIN
- SUSTENTABILITY AND LEED CONSULTANT: ESTUDIO GRINBERG
- Software used: Autocad
Tuesday, February 19th, 2013
Article source: Blauraum Architects
HAMBURG, GERMANY – In the Bergedorf district, the Laser Zentrum Nord (North Laser Center) pioneers the future of the German steel-construction industry. Here, students and faculty of the Technical University of Hamburg-Harburg can explore how laser-technology can be used for cheaper and more accurate construction and welding techniques. Accordingly, the Laser Zentrum Nord itself rises from the ground in long, straight, laser-beam-like lines.
Image Courtesy © Martin Schlüter
- Architects: Blauraum Architects
- Project: North Laser Center
- Location: Hamburg, Germany
- Photography: Martin Schlüter
- Client: North Laser Center GmbH
- Date of completion: 02.2012
- Area: 4.700 m²