Archive for the ‘Training centre’ Category
Saturday, December 15th, 2012
Article source: Arte Charpentier Architectes
Located in Jonage, in the eastern suburbs of Lyon, this innovative and harmonious campus houses a professional training centre for environment, energy, transport, waste and water sectors. It is designed to reflect the Veolia group’s level of excellence in the field of environmental issues, and is arranged around a garden designed as an Agora. The campus is open, and south-facing to protect from northern winds, and displays optimum use of natural elements.
Image Copyright © VMZINC – photoarchitecture.com
Sunday, October 14th, 2012
Article source: TYIN tegnestue Architects
The work on Cassia Coop Training Centre started during the autumn of 2010. It all began with a visit from a French businessman, Patrick Barthelemy. He had come all the way from Sumatra to our office in Trondheim, and sat before us with a fascinating story and a briefcase full of cinnamon. Part of the story told of how an area of Sumatra supplies 85 % of the cinnamon consumed worldwide. Yet another and more sinister part of the story concerned workers without rights, underpaid and working long days in unsafe and unsanitary factories. The story made an impression on us. After a year of planning we found ourselves deep within the cinnamon forests of Sumatra, ready to design and build a sustainable cinnamon school for local farmers and workers.
Entrance area with Kerinci Lake in front.
- Architects: TYIN tegnestue Architects
- Project: Cassia Coop Training Centre
- Location: Sungai Penuh, Kerinchi, Sumatra, Indonesia
- Client: Cassia Co-op
- Project: Training facility for cinnamon production
- Cost: 30 000 Euro
- Time: August – October 2011
- Built by: TYIN tegnestue with local workers
- Sponsored by: LINK Arkitektur
- Architects: Gjermund Wibe, Morten Staubo, Therese Jonassen, Kasama Yamtree, Andreas Gjertsen, Yashar Hanstad,
- Students: Rozita Rahman, Bronwyn Long, Sarah Louati, Zofia Pietrowska, Zifeng Wei
- Photographer: Pasi Aalto
- Software used: Whiteboards, pencil and paper, simple cardboard models, and google sketchup
Thursday, September 20th, 2012
Article source: VLK Architects
The Sarah Hollenstein Career and Technology Center, or HCTC, will provide students knowledge and skills for emerging, high-tech, and high demand occupations. The goal of the Center is to provide leadership in developing an educated, prepared, adaptable and competitive workforce. Each program has unique, specialized requirements that integrate academics with career preparation. These programs compliment local business and industry, and the curriculum is aligned to industry-recognized certifications/licensures. Most students are ready for certification/licensure upon graduation.
Image Courtesy Chad M. Davis, AIA
- Architects: VLK Architects, Inc.
- Project: Sarah Hollenstein Career and Technology Center
- Location: Fort Worth, Texas
- Photography: Chad M. Davis, AIA
- Project Team:
- Stephen L. Hafer, AIA, LEED® AP
- Justin S. Hiles, AIA, LEED® AP
- Chad M. Davis, AIA, LEED® AP
- Niki Manning
- James Hinton
- Tracy A. Loftin, CSI, CDT
- Andrew J. Riemitis
- Year: Constructed in 2011
- Charter Builders, Ltd. – contractor
- Image Engineering Group – Mech./Elec./Plumbing engineering consultant
- L.A. Fuess Partners, Inc. – Structural engineering consultant
- Teague Nall and Perkins, Inc. – Civil engineering consultant
- Bosma Design Solutions – Food service consultant
- The Landscape Alliance – Landscape consultant
- Area: 133,078 s.f.
- Software used: Revit 2009, AutoCAD Architecture 2007 and Sketchup Version 6
Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012
Article source: ROW Studio
The first training facility called Espacio C (C Space -C for the initials of Coca Cola, Training, Quality, Commitment and Creativity in Spanish-) is located at the Mixcoac Distribution Center on the southwestern area of Mexico City. It includes three separate rooms that can be joined together for common activities, a mediateque, snacks bar, souvenir store, data and electrical connections and storage space. The brief also required to include elements from the different brands of Coca Cola FEMSA and to reinforce the company’s values in the space.
Image Courtesy Juan Marcos Castañeda
- Architects: ROW Studio
- Project: Espacio C Mixcoac
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Use: Training Facility
- Client: Coca Cola FEMSA – Brenda Grissel González Aguilar, Training Manager. Ramón Gorbea Chávez, Project Leader.
- Architect of Record and General Contractor: INMOSUR SA de CV – Arq. Álvaro Hernández Cabada.
Wednesday, February 8th, 2012
Article source: Andrej Kalamar / Studio Kalamar
The Police Dog Training Facility comprises three zones: the first is approach zone with parking spaces and area entrances; the second zone, principal building, serves as a translator between various public and private regions; the third zone comprises dog habitats, charged with noise and dog activity. Principal building houses rooms for dog guides, trainers and trainees, all of them oriented to the public, quiet side.
Images Courtesy Miran Kambič
- Architect: Andrej Kalamar / Studio Kalamar
- Name of Project: Police Dog Training Facility
- Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Structural Engineering: Igra
- Client: Ministry of the Interior
- Photographs: Miran Kambič
Tuesday, December 20th, 2011
Article source: AllesWirdGut Architektur ZT GmbH
The St. Pölten Technology Center will accommodate two functions: the training workshops of WIFI Lower Austria and the New Design University, St. Pölten. The central idea that informs our proposal is to bring together these two main functions in one building. For one thing, this keeps valuable development areas free for other uses, and for another, it creates an opportunity for interdisciplinary communication between different users.
- Architect: AllesWirdGut Architektur ZT GmbH
- Name of Project: Training workshops + New Design University
- Location: St. Pölten, Austria
- Client: Wirtschaftskammer Niederösterreich
- Competition: 2011
- Start of construction: 2012
- Completion: 2013
- Gross floor area: 12.815m²
- Planning: AllesWirdGut + FCP