Archive for the ‘Warehouse’ Category
Saturday, November 29th, 2014
Article source: Studio GAON
This project is a ‘House within a house’, which is built in a 20-year-old warehouse. A year ago in October, a young couple in their late 20s, visited our studio to build their house to live after their wedding. They were the youngest clients who required our design.
Image Courtesy © Youngchae Park
- Architects: Studio GAON
- Project: Unforgettable_House
- Location: Pohang, South Korea
- Photography: Youngchae Park
- Team: Hyoungnam Lim, Eunjoo Roh in studio_GAON
- Project Team: Seongwon Son, Minjung Choi, Sangwoo Yi, Sungpil Lee, Hanmoe Lee, Joowon Moon
- Site Area: 800㎡
- Building Area: 198㎡
Tuesday, November 11th, 2014
Article source: STUDIO ALEXANDER FEHRE
Movet is a company that literally originated in a garage. Today, the Movet brand is eponymous with outstanding competence in the field of conveyor belt technology. Because the capacity of the company’s rather makeshift headquarters had finally been reached, Studio Alexander Fehre was commissioned to design a new and more representative office space with an adjoining warehouse. The solution is a clever combination of different areas, so as to accommodate the diverse range of requirements in a limited space while retaining a spacious feel. The result is the ‘Movet Workshop’, which forms the epicentre of the space and functions as conference room, office kitchen and showroom in one. Contained behind an airy metal mesh façade, customers and visitors are welcomed here in the very heart of the office and thus immediately integrated into daily business. The new open-plan office structure communicates engagement, transparency and a marked team spirit – especially to the people working there.
Image Courtesy © Zooey Braun
- Architects: STUDIO ALEXANDER FEHRE
- Project: Movet Office Loft
- Location: Schorndorf, Germany
- Photography: Zooey Braun
- Client: Hadi GmbH, Hans Schüßler
- Size: 200 qm + 200 qm Lager (Storage)
- Year: 2014
Wednesday, October 29th, 2014
Article source: DENOLDERVLEUGELS ARCHITECTS & ASSOCIATES
In October 2014 DENOLDERVLEUGELS finished the renovation and extension of the warehouse and offices for ‘Transport Marcel Depaire’ in Mollem, near Brussels Belgium.
Image Courtesy © Michael van Oosten
- Architects: DENOLDERVLEUGELS ARCHITECTS & ASSOCIATES
- Project: WAREHOUSE & OFFICES DEPAIRE, EINDHOVEN THE NETHERLANDS
- Location: Mollem, Belgium
- Photography: Michael van Oosten
- CLIENT: TRANSPORT MARCEL DEPAIRE NV-SA, MOLLEM BELGIUM
- CONTRACTOR: REMCO RUIMTEBOUW BV
- SQM: WAREHOUSE 3.000 m2, OFFICES 600 m2
Wednesday, October 15th, 2014
Article source: Cork Institute of Technology
The Architecture Factory is a third level education and learning space. It is situated in a disused 1980s-manufacturing warehouse. The split-level warehouse is a tradition flat roofed steel frame structure with infill brick faced block envelope with minimal fenestration.
Image Courtesy © Cork Institute of Technology
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014
Article source: Yuko Nagayama & Associates
Located on a center of Kyoto, along the historical street of Nakagyo-kuyou see a one storied Japanese restaurant “IZAMA” which is made of two parts, a cozy traditional warehouse and a large corner cut from a recently built hotel.
Image Courtesy © Yuko Nagayama & Associates
Wednesday, August 13th, 2014
Article source: HUB
The workhouse is part of a complex situated alongside the canal which has a very original and distinct character thanks to its special typology and materialisation. Unlike traditional industrial ‘boxes’, the workhouse’s programmatic mix is rather peculiar: it includes a garage, workshops, offices and a caretaker’s residence.
View-of-the-sculptural-ending-to-the-side-on-which-both-channels-meet-¬-Allard-van-der-Hoek, Image Courtesy © Allard van der Hoek
- Architects: HUB
- Project: Workhouse de scheepvaart
- Location: Schoten, Belgium
- Photography: Allard van der Hoek
Wednesday, April 30th, 2014
Article source: Smart Design Studio
Austin is the refurbishment of a rundown warehouse into a new mixed development in the heart of Surry Hills. The existing warehouse building has been given a new lease of life, reorganizing its interior with a new extended ground level commercial space, two levels of high quality residential apartments, and a lower ground floor car park. The site is located in the inner-city fringe of Surry Hills, which is characterised by warehouses and Victorian terraces houses that in recent years have housed artist’s studios, galleries and creative work spaces.
Image Courtesy © Smart Design Studio
- Architects: Smart Design Studio (William Smart)
- Project: Austin
- Location: Surry Hills, Australia
- Project team: WILLIAM SMART, GLENN O’LOUGHLIN, KIRSTIN LYNAM, ZIG PESHOS, RICHARD STOREY, TROY MELVILLE
- Completion: 2013
- Consultants: STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS BENVENUTI CONSULTING STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS PLANNER MJB URBAN PLANNING HERITAGE CITY PLAN HERITAGE
Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014
Article source: TTArchitects
Kawanishi Fam is situated in an industrial estate in close proximity to Kurashiki station. It was originally a warehouse used for roasting coffee, but we renovated it to create an open office space. We used the top floor of the four story warehouse due to the lasting impression of the characteristically shaped ceiling, which takes the same form as the original sloped roofing of the warehouse. This ceiling was the primary motivation for us in deciding to undertake the renovation in its current location.
Image Courtesy © Kei Sugino
- Architects: TTArchitects
- Project: Kawanishi Fam
- Location: Kurashiki, Okayama, Japan
- Photography: Kei Sugino
- Clients: Shintaro Ono / Kurashiki Estate
- General constructors: Kotaro Meguro / Meguro Construction
- Site area: 160.42 sq m
- Building area: 104.41 sq m
- Total floor area: 439.445 sq m
- Structure: steel: 4story
- Principal use: collaborative working space
- Construction period: May,2012
Tuesday, December 10th, 2013
Article source: MERITXELL INARAJA I GENÍS
The Historical Archive of the Garraf Region is situated on a corner in an industrial area of Vilanova i la Geltrú. It contains only a part of the general archive which is placed inside the Geltrú’s Castle in the old town of Vilanova.
The main purpose of the building is the storage of documents ( 1,200 m2 1,600 m2 total), with a small section of classification and documentation.
Image Courtesy © LOURDES JANSANA
- Architects: MERITXELL INARAJA I GENÍS
- Project: HISTORICAL ARCHIVE OF THE GARRAF REGION
- Location: VILANOVA I LA GELTRÚ, Spain
- Photography: LOURDES JANSANA
Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013
Article source: ISRAEL ALBA
A newly-created industrial zone in a peripheral area with no identity, references or language; major road links which cross, divide and model the contemporary landscape; a narrow, long plot between partition walls. Only the distant views on this landscape offer any interesting prospect of a relationship with the outside.
Image Courtesy © Eduardo Sánchez
- Architects: ISRAEL ALBA
- Project: OFFICES AND INDUSTRIAL WAREHOUSE
- Location: MADRID, Spain
- Photography: Eduardo Sánchez
- Project team: Jorge Valseca, Juan García (student of architecture)
- Area: 1.714 m²
- Client: VALORIZA, S.A.
- Construction engineer: José María Hernández
- Engineering consulting: Oscar García
- Builidng services consulting: JG Ingenieros (Emilio González)
- Construction company: VALORIZA, S.A.
- Software Used: AutoCAD