Article source: Batlle & Roig Architects
Batlle & Roig wins World’s Best Production Energy and Recycling Building at World Architecture Festival Awards 2011 - ‘The design is an interesting approach that separates the building from the landscape’
The Waste Treatment Facility, in Vacarisses in Spain, designed by Batlle & Roig, has won the ‘World’s Best Production Energy and Recycling Building’ award at the prestigious World Architecture Festival (WAF) Awards 2011.
The presentation of the WAF Awards are taking place during the largest global celebration of architecture – the World Architecture Festival, which is being held at the Centre Convencions International Barcelona (CCIB) this week.
- Architect: Batlle & Roig Architects
- Name of Project: The Waste Treatment Facility
- Location: Vacarisses, Barcelona, Spain
- Category: Production, energy and recycling
- WAF Entry: 2011
- Award: World Architecture Festival 2011 – Category Winner
- Photography: Francisco Urrutia – FOTOGRAFIA DE ARQUITECTURA