Article source: Henning Larsen Architects
Egedal Town Hall and Health Centre will be the uniting centre of the new Municipality of Egedal north of Copenhagen. Egedal Town Hall and Health Centre will be one of the first buildings in the new planned urban area around Egedal Station. It will thus spearhead the development of the new district.
The Town Hall and Health Centre form part of the same entity. The Health Centre is designed as a village with courtyards and green, internal walkways connecting to the central square of the building. Thus, the Health Centre will become an active part of the Town Hall, while at the same time offering citizens the opportunity to use the area outside town hall opening hours. The roof of the Health Centre is shaped as a large roof garden with green recreational spaces.
- Architects: Henning Larsen Architects
- Project: Egedal Town Hall and Health Center
- Location: Egedal, Demark
- Client: Egedal Municipality
- Landscape Architect: SLA
- Consulting Engineers: Henrik Larsen Rådgivende Ingeniørfirma and Jørgen Nielsen Rådgivende Ingeniører
- Contractor: Züblin
- Gross floor area: 18,000 m2
- Construction period: 2012-2014
- Type of assignment: Turnkey contract, 1st prize in invited competition
- Team from Henning Larsen Architects: Troels Troelsen, Maria Sommer, Mette Kynne Frandse, Peer Teglgaard Jeppesen, Mette Lorentzen, Mads Reinau, Christian Schjøll, Jakob Strømann-Andersen, Erik Holm-Hansson, Ina Borup Nørlev, Ingela Larsson, Martin Stenberg and Andrea Hoepfner.