In Sep. 2014, we created and opened the art work in the gallery \” Mies van der Rohe Haus\” operated by Bezirksamt Lichtenberg von Berlin.
The building of this institution is \”Landhaus Lemke\”, which was designed by Mies van der Rohe in 1922/33, reconstructed and utilized now.
BRIEF Extension of an existing dressage stadium with a grandstand (capacity 1200 seats) and other functional rooms | ADDED VALUE The spectator terrace, open staircase and protruding roof complete the “missing link” of the existing u-shaped stadium and focus attention on the action in the dressage arena.
BRIEF Children’s day care centre for 7 groups | ADDED VALUE The colourful facade frames are a characteristic feature of the new kindergarten on the outside and a means to provide varied space for creative play inside.
The rustic charm of exposed concrete – a double-layered concrete façade with cavity insulation – plays off against the ethereal transparency of broad windows. Elements of Sipo mahogany, strategically placed, give the façade depth; and the clean lines add a sense of order and dynamics.
The urban district development “Gateway Gardens” is part of the Frankfurt Airport City. This project offers opportunities for major groups to position their corporate headquarters in a conspicuous location within an attractive environment at one of Europe’s main transportation hubs.
The renovation and modernization works transformed the existing stadium into a modern complex for professional sports, including football for the local club „Eintracht Braunschweig“, American football for the „Braunschweig Lions“, as well as athletic competitions on national and international level.
The University building with the Institute for Pharmacology and Food Chemistry of the Goethe-University Frankfurt am Main on the Bockenheim campus was planned 1954-1957 by Ferdinand Kramer. It is one of 23 buildings, which he designed as Planning Director for the Johann-Wolfgang-Goethe-University within the period of 1952-1964. Within the urban framework for the district Bockenheim, the building forms the southern terminus of the campus.
Architect Max Dudler has designed a new visitor centre for the medieval Sparrenburg fortress in Bielefeld. The new building was opened on 17 September 2014 after a one-year planning and construction period. An info point for the nearby Johannisberg garden and park will follow at the end of the year, also based on plans by Max Dudler who won the 2013 competition for the realisation of both projects. The visitor centre has created a new spatial frame for the historical bailey. The material and expression represent a contemporary update of fortress architecture.
A newly-built residential building with retail spaces was completed in 2013. The building was constructed in a space between two existing buildings at Torstraße 86. The street façade is aligned with the two neighboring buildings and has a set- back on the top floor. On the south side, the courtyard facade, the building has a number of set-backs towards the top.