Posts Tagged ‘India’
Sunday, August 23rd, 2015
Article source: P M Architects
Project Brief: Contemporary residence for young couple with their kids, special requirements of client was precious bar display, display for lord Ganesh idols and other artifacts collected from different parts of world.
Image Courtesy © P M Architects
- Architects: P M Architects
- Project: Damle residence
- Location: Mumbai, India
- Software used: Auto cad, Rhino, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustator
- Area: 1000 sq ft
Wednesday, August 19th, 2015
Article source: Architect Reza Kabul
Ekta Tripolis the new landmark in Goregaon stretches over 36 residential storey of Reza Kabul’s artwork. This luxury residence designed with every possible facility needed for joyful, stress free existence for today’s stressful life. Designed in sleek lines and smooth contours, contemporary spaced and top line amenities gives it the perfect compact feel required. The use of high performance glass and glazing on all orientations will provide with cost effect ( low –e insulated frames) especially during the summer. Direct heat is reduced with the help of balconies and projections that are provided on every level creating an offset. While on the other hand care has also been taken for a minimum 2% daylight factor to be achieved by keeping sufficient size of window opening as per the carpet area of each room. Even the railings to be used are of S.S. and recycled material taking another step to a sustainable environment.
Image Courtesy © Architect Reza Kabul
- Architects: Architect Reza Kabul
- Project: Ekta Tripolis
- Location: Mumbai, India
- Type: Residential
- Height: 132 meters
- Area: 14,00,000 sq ft
- Developer: Ekta World
Tuesday, July 14th, 2015
Article source: Abin Design Studio
This school façade project came to us at a stage when the construction of the 2 academic blocks was already underway. The blocks were rather generic, with 6 floors of classrooms, labs, and other facilities arranged towards the periphery around matching central courtyards. Our brief was to work within these existing parameters to make a school. So we developed a design program in terms of circulation, movement, ventilation, classrooms and other concerns.”
Image Courtesy © Ravi Kanade
- Architects: Abin Design Studio
- Project: THE NEWTOWN SCHOOL
- Location: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Photography: Ravi Kanade
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup and Revit
- Team: Abin Chaudhuri, Paromita Chatterjee, Poorvi Dugar Ajmera
- Client: Savitri Educational Foundation
- Façade, Interiors and Landscape Design and Architectural Intervention: Abin Design Studio
- Architect on Record: SBA Spectra Consultants
- Structural Consultant: SPA Consultants
- Land Area: 2 acres
- Built-up Area: 15,000 sq.m.
- Completion Year: April 2015
Thursday, June 4th, 2015
Article source: The Purple Ink Studio
The client’s brief saw a strong interest in a “Courtyard House”. Taking the courtyard as a focal point, the entire architecture and the landscape conceptualization revolved around using the feature as a climate responsive design advantage.
The house is conceptualized as a performative architecture and landscape design with a carefully interwoven built-form that strongly responds to the site context.
Image Courtesy © Shamanth Patil
- Architects: The Purple Ink Studio
- Project: COURTYARD HOUSE
- Location: Bangalore, India
- Photography: Shamanth Patil
- Client: Mr. Krishna Balamurali
- Site area: 5000 Sqft
- Year of completion: 2014
Wednesday, May 27th, 2015
Article source: VH designs studio
The Centre of Excellence (COE) forms a semi-government building established in Vatva GIDC, represents the dream project, depicting the true designing propensity of the firm. The building is designed to functionalist, serving the purpose of both institutional & Industrial requirements like, conferences, training’s, cultural programmers, etc. The ground floor area is equipped with an auditorium with the capacity of 750 people, training rooms, administration offices & a cafeteria, while auditorium with 250 people capacity, training rooms, annexes & guest rooms are placed at first floor, symbolizing the best space planning for maximum functionality of area assigned to each premise. Astonishing exposed RCC double height entrance area flourished with bold curvature cut outs at different levels & an eye-catching self-coasted exposed RCC reception thrive the beauty of the building.
Image Courtesy © VH designs studio
- Architects: VH designs studio
- Project: The Centre of Excellence (COE)
- Location: Vatva GIDC, Ahmedabad, India
Tuesday, May 12th, 2015
Article source: Ranjeet Mukherjee
This building is a private residence at an organic farm located in rural Maharashtra, near the city of Mumbai. The site is eleven acres in size, undulating with steep contours and terraces. Cared for by the Bhatia family over the years, now this previously barren land is a thriving oasis of green tranquillity with hundreds of fruit trees, and rich biodiversity. The client who commissioned this home is an avid ecologist and advocate of urban composting, in his neighbourhood at Marine Drive.
Image Courtesy © Ranjeet Mukherjee
- Architects: Ranjeet Mukherjee
- Project: Bhatia Farm Residence
- Location: Vrindavan Farms, Ondhe, Wada-Jawhar Road, Thane, Mumbai, India
- Client: Anil Bhatia
- Interior Designer: Shreenu Mukherjee
- Built by: The Vrindavan Project
- Area: 1700 sq.ft Home + 1 Lakh Liter Swimming Pool
- Total Cost: Rs. 50 Lakh Rupees / 82,000 USD
- Start Date: April 2012
- Completion Date: December 2013
Tuesday, April 14th, 2015
Article source: THE PURPLE INK STUDIO
Project overview – the challenge
Occupying a strategic position in the heart of Bangalore city, India, the project is in close proximity with some of the best hospitality, medical and commercial facilities in the city. The clients brief saw a potential for limited ‘Sky Villas’ where the architecture would re-interpret new levels of luxury in living. The built form also had to capture the richness of its vibrant and significant urban context of the city.
The design challenge was to capitalize on the potential of the 30,000 Sqft site without compromising on the existing green cover and minimizing the ecological footprint of the structure.
Image Courtesy © SHAMANTH PATIL
- Architects: THE PURPLE INK STUDIO
- Project: KINGS HOUSE APARTMENTS
- Location: BANGALORE, INDIA
- Photography: SHAMANTH PATIL
- STRUCTURAL CONSULTANTS: DESIGN VENTURES INDIA PVT LTD
- LANDSCAPE CONTRACTORS: GREEN PIECE LANDSCAPE INDIA PVT LTD
- M.E.P CONSULTANTS: McD BUILT ENVIRONMENT RESEARCH LABORATORY PVT LTD
- OWNERS: KINI FAMILY, DUBAI
- GROSS AREA: 80,000 Sqft
Saturday, April 4th, 2015
Article source: INT-HAB architecture +design studio
The residence is located in one of the prime localities of South Bengaluru, Karnataka. It is within a closed community of 600 houses. The site area being 2885 Sqft whereas the total built up of the residence was achieved up to 4600 Sqft. The residence is a G + 1 structure.
Image Courtesy © INT-HAB architecture +design studio
Sunday, March 8th, 2015
Article source: OHO STUDIOZ
The proposed urban farm comprises of 400000 sq.ft of floor space and a sprawling landscape located on the outskirts of Bangalore, the IT hub of India. Integrating organic farming with that of the built environment is the USP of this project. The concept of green and sustainable building is the basic theme on which the urban farm project has been developed.
Image Courtesy © OHO STUDIOZ
- Architects: OHO STUDIOZ
- Project: urban farm
- Location: Bengaluru, India
Friday, January 30th, 2015
Article source: KAPIL AGGARWAL
An Architect’s office of 1500 sqft. (150 SQM.)in basement has been conceptualized as an open office, the office space on two levels, the lower to be used as workstation. The office design was conceptualized to be place which being leisure is also conductive for people to work in a creative environment, a workplace to enjoy. The zoning of spaces is justified keeping the main cabin with attached conference at the rear to maintain privacy as well as visually connecting it to front office. As the front office space is narrow with regards to rear part, the front space is used as a gallery with walls in cement finish highlighting the project display.
Image Courtesy © Bharat Aggarwal
- Architects: KAPIL AGGARWAL
- Project: SPACES ARCHITECT’S @ka OFFICE
- Location: New Delhi, INDIA
- Photography: Bharat Aggarwal
- Completion: 2013
- Built up area: 1500sqft
- Design Team: KAPIL AGGARWAL, PAWAN SHARMA, CHANDER KAUSHIK, KARAN ARORA
- Site Supervision: ARVIND PAL SINGH
- Client: Kapil Aggarwal
- Carpentry Contractor: Manoj Carpenters
- Finalist at “World Inside Festival-2014” in office interior category.
- Shortlisted in the longlist “World Interiors News-2014” office category.
- Featured by Vogue magazine among the 12 top offices in the world-2014.