In the center of Prague \”Koneser\” and revitalized the Warsaw Vodka Factory has a new office \”Stowarzyszenie Monopol Warszawski\”. In the heart of Old Prague in Warsaw, in the former Mint, a project combining tradition, history and art. For the design of reconstruction and interior design corresponds studio Manuttone Barbara Kowzan.
The idea behind the project was the creation of the Centre of Administration as the complex of buildings that are a symbolic gateway to Wielka Wies village. Moreover we wanted to create the first public space in the whole village – a space designed for residents, visitors, tourists, adults and children.
The starting point in creating the interior was the investor’s collection of paintings, antique furniture and extensive library of books. The apartment was divided and furnished in order to expose these items, but in such a way that they do not compete and do not dominate the space. All the new furniture pieces are very minimalistic and free of any visible details. The books have been closed in double-sided bookcases, which also serve as separators of the communication area and they also contain a bio fireplace and a TV set. The kitchen was also designed in a minimalistic way and all the appliances have been hidden in closets.
The project demonstrates a total makeover of a typical polish family house from 70s of XX century.
Clients have bought a site with existing 2 storey small building and their main objective was to make this house almost twice as big, whilst incorporating the old structure of a building and to completely change the elevations.
At first glance, the goal was clear. Modernize an existing kitchen cum dining room located on the ground floor of a single-family home. How appearances can be deceiving! In conversation with the owners, we discovered that half of the house was to later serve as an office. As the office side would face the garden, the original idea was to build a long corridor leading from the kitchen to the terrace door. Our proposal to switch the location of the kitchen and office at first surprised the owners but, after consideration, was found to offer an ideal solution – a functional arrangement separating work space from home life while concomitantly providing the kitchen with a beautiful garden view.
At the end of the Second World War when the Potsdam Conference (1945) pushed back the German border, part of the region of Western Pomerania remained in Polish territory. The German inhabitants were deported and quickly replaced by new Polish settlers. For decades, Szczecin, the capital of the region, suffered from this uprooting and the ripping apart of its social fabric, a situation aggravated by the fact that, thanks to Soviet censorship, the people were denied a rigorous history of what had actually happened. This memory hole was accompanied by the testimony of numerous physical holes left in the city centre by allied aerial bombing attacks. What had once been a densely-populated, vibrant urban zone was turned into a pockmarked territory which Soviet architecture continued to ill-treat by opening up new motorways, putting up crude constructions of hefty concrete blocks and neglecting the city’s many desolate, empty lots.
Photography: Juliusz Sokołowski, Jakub Certowicz, Aneta Popławska-Suś, Magdalena Kotelon
Developer: Muzeum Narodowe w Szczecinie
Collaborators: authors: Robert Konieczny, Katarzyna Furgalinska, Dorota Zurek coauthor: Michal Lisinski collaboration: Aleksandra Stolecka, Piotr Tokarski, Adam Radzimski, Joanna Biedna, Magdalena Adamczak
Article source: Business & Culture – strategies and communication
The Ulma Family Museum of Poles Saving Jewish People during World War II in Markowa is Poland’s first institution commemorating Poles who helped Jews. The museum’s ascetic architectural form that cuts into the ground, as well as the exhibition hidden inside, was designed by Nizio Design International. The museum was opened March 17, 2016.
Article source: Blackhaus Karol Cieplinski Architekt
Apartment for rent in the renovated tenement house from 1934.
The new studio apartment situated at the 3 rd floor of the tenement house from 1934, situated near the historic center of Krakow. Building was renovated in 2015. Apartment is prepared for short term rental.The challenge was to create an essential and very familiar space where guests find everything they need to live temporarily in the rooms as if they were at home.
In 2006 the municipal council of Olsztyn, Poland, launched an open competition regarding public investments around the Ukiel Lake as a call for directions to formulate future plans of urban development of the area surrounding its waters.