Article source: HDPF – Hamburger Du Pfammatter Ferrandiz
This single-family house is located on a former cooperative workers’ estate and replaces a building designed in 1948 in the spirit of the garden city. Its close proximity to the airport meant that the municipal building regulations largely ceased to have effect. The resulting restriction to a slightly larger replacement building and the distance guidelines created a lengthwise rectangular plan and volume.
- Architects: HDPF – Hamburger Du Pfammatter Ferrandiz
- Project: Haus Meister
- Location: Rümlang, Switzerland
- Photography: Valentin Jeck
- Project team: Nikolaus Hamburger, Dario Pfammatter
- Structural engineer: Schällibaum AG, Herisau, Switzerland
- Building services: Bürge Haustechnik AG, Dielsdorf, Switzerland
- Building physics: Michael Wichser + Partner AG, Dübendorf, Switzerland
- Façade / structural system: Misapor KDS, Misapor Beton AG, Landquart, Switzerland
- Cubic volume: 1‘020 m3
- Building costs: CHF 0.8 Mio.
- Planning: 2010 – 2011
- Execution: 2011 – 2012