Article source: Malik Architecture
The concept echoes a deep understanding of centuries of traditional ‘Konkan’ construction techniques albeit interpreted in a contemporary syntax. The site is deeply forested and we knew that we wanted to achieve the final product with a minimum impact on the existing flora, without disturbing nature’s equilibrium.
- Architects: Malik Architecture
- Project: Residence at Alibag
- Location: Sasavne, Alibag, India
- Photography: Bharath Ramamrutham
- Client: Confidential
- Design team: Kamal Malik, Amit Modi, Ketan Choudhary, Sunil Gavane, Rucha
- Site Area: 2.15 acre (+0.15 acre)
- Project Area: 22,380 sq. ft.
- Civil Contractors: Unique Construction Technologies
- Structural Engineers: Strudcom
- Structural Engineer: Strudcom
- Plumbing Consultant: Suhas Gangan
- Rain Water Harvesting: Mungekar and Associates
- Landscape Consultant: Design Consultants, Taera Chowna (more…)