Archive for the ‘Art Studio’ Category
Thursday, December 5th, 2013
Article source: ARCHITECTURAMA
Artist workshops and layout
Regular visitors of the Symposium of Contemporary Art of Baie-Saint-Paul, ARCHITECTURAMA conducted in 2010 a conceptual study demonstrating the potential for improving the physical layout of the event located in the municipal arena. Summarizing the deficiencies and opportunities, the study was made on a voluntary basis. In 2011, the study was used by the museum to apply for subsidy. A mandate to carry out the project for the 30th anniversary edition followed.
Image Courtesy © James Brittain Photography
- Architects: ARCHITECTURAMA
- Project: SYMPOSIUM OF CONTEMPORARY ART
- Location: BAIE-SAINT-PAUL, Canada
- Photography: James Brittain Photography, MACBSP / Gabriel Lajournade
- Typology: Exhibition and workshop
- Year designed: 2010-2012
- Year built: 2012
- Client: Musée d’art contemporain de Baie-Saint-Paul
- Structural engineer: Laro Experts-Conseil, Louis Larouche ingénieur
- Architectural carpentry: Les Ateliers la Cire-Constance
- Foam funiture: Nordesco inc.
- Steel plates: Mécanique Marius Gagné inc.
- Cardboard boxes: Norampac
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp and Infographic softwares
Wednesday, October 30th, 2013
Article source: 1024 Architecture
1024 architecture (Pierre Schneider and François Wunschel), has designed 24 Lines, an art installation serving as the entrance hall and café for the art centre La Panacée that opened on 22nd June in the middle of Montpellier, on the site of the former Royal College of Medicine. Comprising an oxidized metal structure, bichromated assembly collars, wood and flexible neon lights, 24 Lines is an original work of art, a luminous and organic sculpture, bordering the different areas and functions of the art centre as well as offering a friendly environment conducive to meeting, discussion or a break.
Image Courtesy © Brice Pelleschi
- Architects: 1024 Architecture
- Project: 24 LINES
- Location: Montpellier, France
- Photography: Brice Pelleschi
- Artistic designers: Pierre Schneider and François Wunschel
- Associated architect: Stéphanie Grimard
- Project management: Alban Mallet
- Structure – lighting – bar furniture: SIRC
- Room furniture: Ciguë
- Upholstery: Sidonie Lelièvre
- Production: La Panacée, centre for art and contemporary culture – Ville de
Tuesday, June 4th, 2013
Article source: Moussafir Architectes
The project is part of a larger urban program aimed at regenerating underprivileged neighborhoods in Northern Paris. The action plan developed in close cooperation between the city, the local associations and the landlord included new and refurbished low-rent housing, as well as studios for artists and musicians.
Image Courtesy © Luc Boegly
- Architects: Moussafir Architectes
- Project: Tetris, Social Housing And Artist Studios
- Location: Paris, France
- Photography: Luc Boegly
- Design team: Jacques Moussafir with Alexis Duquennoy (architect project manager)
- Engineering: SIBAT
- Contractors: SRC
- Client: SIEMP (Société Immobilière à Economie Mixte de la Ville de Paris)
- Tenure (rent, purchase): low cost and very low cost apartment rental
- Site area: 449 m2 (132 m2 + 106 m2 + 211 m2)
- Building footprint: 293 m2 (79 m2 + 64 m2 + 150 m2)
- Total Gross Floor area: 794 m2 (218 m2 + 189 m2 + 387 m2)
- Usage: housing 86% (9 apartments), artist studios 14% (3 artist studios)
- Total number of dwellings:
1-bedroom apartments: 2
2-bedroom apartments: 5
3-bedroom apartments: 2
- Cost: 1.460.000 € excluding VAT (as of 2008)
- Design phase: August 2004 – July 2006
- Demolition: January – March 2008
- Construction: November 2008 – June 2010
- Materials: concrete masonry, plaster, lime stucco, wood
- Software used: Autocad for the 2D drawings and Autocad or Sketchup for the 3D
Tuesday, May 14th, 2013
Article source: Hanrahan Meyers Architects
Bridge-Studio is a new artist studio building in Easton, Pennsylvania, designed for a couple who are both artists and gallery owners in New York City. Bridge-Studio houses a painting studio for the husband on the east side, and a writing studio on the west side. An open air breezeway runs through the center of Bridge-Studio, connecting back to the site with an entry ramp to the north. Bridge-Studio is entered by walking up the entry ramp, into the open breezeway overlooking the Delaware River, approximately 120 feet below the site.
Image Courtesy Hanrahan Meyers Architects
Saturday, November 24th, 2012
Article source: de Architekten Cie.
The Dadong Arts Center is located in Kaohsiung, the economic center of southern Taiwan. Before the opening of Chinato foreign markets,Taiwan was the leading economy of the region. Towns developed into a generic industrial city fabric without adequate public spaces. Currently, the strong brand of ‘Made in Taiwan’ is in the process of being restored to its former glory. The cities urgently need pleasant urban space to help regenerating inner-city districts. Therefore, the Dadong Arts Center is conceived in the first place as a new public domain, setting new high standards for the level of urban comfort.
Image Courtesy Mr Ke
- Architects: de Architekten Cie. + Malone Chang & Yu-Lin Chen
- Project: Dadong Art Center
- Location: Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- Photography: Branimir Medic, Mr Ke
- Client: Kaohsiung City Government
- Project Team: V. Ulrich, T. Cheng, C. Hayman, J. Lee, L. Cvetko, H. Gladys, C. Eickelberg, M. A. Rival, A. van Gelderen, R. Garritsen
- Structural Engineer: Arup Amsterdam + Tien-Hun Engineering Consultant Inc.
- Acoustics Consultant: Peutz & Associates + Gade & Mortensen Akustikk + Prof. Wei/Hwa Chiang NTUST
- Environment Technology Consultant: Hander Engineering & Construction Inc. + I.S. Lin & Associates
Friday, November 9th, 2012
Article source: WSDG
An entrepreneur with a wide range of music business interests, Irwin Kornfeld has sparked new awareness for the eighty-year-old Westchester County Center. A major upgrade of the facility’s acoustics, coupled with a state of the art sound system, has landed the WCC and its new “Pepe Infiniti Concert Series” on the radar of booking agents and performing artists seeking viable venues for tri-state concert dates. The series’ launch featured The Beach Boys in concert in mid-May, nearly fifty years after their first WCC gig. The Johnny Winter Band and Edgar Winter Group, Boston, Il Volo, Whoopie Goldberg, Aretha Franklin and others are booked through November.
Image Courtesy Andrew Stein Videography
- Project: Westchester County Center – Revitalized Acoustics
- Location: White Plains, New York
- Photos by: Andrew Stein Videography
- Software used:
- Revit – for acoustic detailing package
- CATT-Acoustic – for acoustic modeling
- WinFlag – to find absorption coefficients for lapendary panels
- Proprietary WSDG RT60 Calculator – for internal room acoustic calculations
- B&K P48 mic with a type 4007 capsule – for initial site RT60 acoustic measurements
- Note: The tricky part in this project was to find the optimum amount of ceiling panels that fit within the budget range. CATT-Acoustic helped accomplish this.
Thursday, August 9th, 2012
Article source: Coates Design
The Bainbridge Island Museum of Art is not only the anchor tenant of the Island Gateway development, but it will soon become the cultural center of its community. Situated on a prominent corner of Bainbridge Island, Washington this building will provide an inspiring creative experience for residents and visitors alike with its collection of artworks from the Pacific Northwest region of the United States. The Bainbridge Island Museum of Art will also feature special travelling exhibits from all over the world.
- Architects: Coates Design Architects
- Project: Bainbridge Island Art Museum
- Location: Bainbridge Island, WA
- Software used: Revit for design documentation
Saturday, July 21st, 2012
Article source: Roberto Ercilla
The solution proposed for the Art Centre is basically articulated around a dialogue between the old convent and the new building. A building-corridor winds next to the old building and goes over it to end up inside the cloister. It is conceived to be an icon, with an image that is formal and categorical yet simple and recognizable, which contrasts the former convent. Each building has an independent interpretation and they confront each other without establishing formal competition.
Krea Arts Centre
- Architects: Roberto Ercilla & Miguel Angel Campo
- Project: Krea Arts Centre
- Location: Polygon Betoño, Vitoria, Brazil
- Client: Caja Vital Kutxa
- Technical Architects: Richard gouge & Rafael de la Hoz
- Construction Company: Construcciones Amenabar
- Surface: 9,899 m²
- Budget: € 13,000,000
- Software used: AutoCAD and Rhino
Thursday, July 12th, 2012
Article source: Pitagoras Arquitectos
The Platform for Arts and Creativity is a project based on an infrastructure that has transformed the Old Open Market Area of Guimarães into a multifunctional space dedicated to artistic, cultural and social-economic activity.
This multipurpose space is dedicated to arts and various creative endeavours and it kicks off with an exhibition by Portuguese painter José de Guimarães, with pieces from his private collection of pre-Colombian, African and Chinese art.
Image Courtesy Joao Morgado
- Architects: Pitagoras Arquitectos
- Project: Platform of Arts and Creativity
- Location: Guimarães, Portugal
- PitágorasArquitectos: Fernando Seara de Sá, Arq., Raul RoqueFigueiredo, Arq., Alexandre Coelho Lima, Arq., Manuel LuísVilhenaRoque, Arq.
- Collaborators: João Couto, Arq., Marlene Sousa, Arq., Carla Guimarães, Arq., João Carvalho, Arq., Fernando Torres, Arq., Mariana Santos, Arq., André Malheiro, Arq., Francisco Oliveira, Des., Hélio Pinto, Des.
- Foundations and Structures: Projegui, Lda., AntónioMonteiro Castro, Eng. Civil, Marco Beleza Vieira, Eng. Civil, Carlos Dias, Eng.
Tuesday, June 19th, 2012
Article source: Meta- Studio
Studio Meta-, Hong Kong based architecture practice, was commissioned to design a new space for John Robert Powers in Indonesia. Located in the North of Jakarta, JRP’s Kelapa Gading branch proposed a new identity and a fresh atmosphere to re-animate its role as an institution specialized in ethic and manner in Indonesia. The space organisation is inspired by sliding boxes with different colour for each box.
- Architects: Meta- Studio
- Project: John Robert Powers (North Jakarta Branch)
- Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Client : John Robert Powers (Indonesia)
- Project team : Jaenes Bong, Jonathan Alotto, Sam Cho, Jaena Bong
- Area : 296m2
- Software used : Autocad, Rhinoceros, Grasshopper, Cinema4D