Archive for the ‘Bakery’ Category
Wednesday, July 3rd, 2013
Article source: Paulo Merlini
Highly motivated by our personal motto US IS MORE, our main concern is to create spaces that give people the right stimuli, positively influencing their homeostatic levels. This is a concern based in the notion that we´re the product of an evolution. As such, we focus on the knowledge of the human body, mainly on the brain response to exterior stimuli.
We believe that if we can correctly control the stimuli that enters the brain, we can influence the state of mind of the user, making him happier.
Image Courtesy © João Morgado
- Architects: Paulo Merlini
- Project: BAKERY in Oporto
- Location: Gondomar Porto, Portugal
- Photography: João Morgado
- Client: Gondodoce
- Software used: Autocad
Sunday, April 21st, 2013
Article source: Uchida Architect Design Office
BROWNIE is a bakery shop and a house, located inside Aso Kuju National park where it is blessed with its rich nature. From the start of the design process, corresponding to the client’s bold belief on bread making using natural, organic, and non-addictive materials, “nature” was strongly intended in the design of this building.
Image Courtesy © Hiroyuki Kawano
- Architects: Uchida Architect Design Office
- Project: Brownie
- Location: Kokonoe, fukuoka, Japan
- Photography: Hiroyuki Kawano
- Function : shop + house
- Site area : 1654 ㎡
- Building area : 148 ㎡
- Total Floor Area : 131 ㎡
- Stories: 1
- Structure (materials): wooden structure
- Finish: (exterior) cedar board
- Finish: (interior) cedar board, plaster
- Completed date: february 2010
- Client: shinichi miyamoto
- Constructional engineer: Hashimoto kensetsu
- Software used: AutoCAD, VectorWorks, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop.
Thursday, September 15th, 2011
Article source: bluarch
This bakery is a brand new project for the family behind the renowned Omonia brand famous for its Greek pastries. It sells pastries and breads prepared on premises in the see-through kitchen. The design of this store celebrates indulgence… the suspension of one’s everyday grind through the consumption of a sweet delight. The space is soft and warm… sexy and decadent… as chocolate.
- Architect: bluarch
- Name of Project: Omonia Bakery
- Location: Queens, New York City, New York, USA
Saturday, February 12th, 2011
This shop is part of a chain of family-run bakeries called ‘Elektra’ located in Edessa, Greece. Studioprototype had the opportunity to redefine the look of its shops with this pilot project. The shop is small, covering only thirty-five square metres and occupies a strategic corner on the main pedestrian high street.
Elektra Bakery 1
- Architect: Studioprototype Architects (Neal Shah & Sofia Limpari)
- Location: Edessa, Greece
- Client: Elektra Bakeries, Edessa
- Area: 35 sqm
- Photography: Spyros Paloukis www.spyrospaloukis.com
- Materials: Western red-cedar cladding, Carrara Arabescato marble counters, bar and tables, brass signs and logos, Royal Mosa ceramic floor and wall tiles, European oak bread racks, black powder coated steel window box.
- Furniture and fittings: General lighting by Bright.gr, Automated doors by GU Hellas, Folding sliding doors by Texpan, Tom Dixon ‘Beat’ pendant lights, Bolich outdoor wall lights, Xavier Pauchard chairs & stools, bespoke counter and trolley, all sanitary ware by Villeroy and Boch.
- Date completed: November 2009