Archive for the ‘Bar’ Category
Tuesday, January 17th, 2017
Article source: LPA
A garden, a lounge area corner, a tree, a chimney, windows facing onto an interior space that looks like an external one with branches that climb toward the ceiling, a comfortable and cozy place which looks like a nest.
There is not one style that can define it, it is not industrial, not radical chic, neither a trattoria, it does not follow trends, it is just like itself.
Image Courtesy © Arch. Daniela Barlotti
- Architects: LPA (Arch. Daniela Barlotti)
- Project: Il Nido – Gusto e Miscele
- Location: Roma, Italy
Tuesday, January 17th, 2017
Article source: Infiniski
Paco Roncero´s sensitivity towards the new Spanish cuisine was the starting point for James & Mau in their search of a concept that would reinterpret the typical Spanish image, uniting tradition with innovation while cleverly avoiding kitsch or fashion botox. The objective was to allow both Spanish and tourists to identify themselves to the Spanish culture in a modern, sophisticated and fun way.
Image Courtesy © Accreditation photographer Javier Peñas
- Architects: James & Mau
- Project: Estado Puro
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Photography: Accreditation photographer Javier Peñas
- Designer: Jaime Gaztelu and Mauricio Galeano
- Floor Area: 120m2
- Design / Completion Date: June 2008
Friday, January 13th, 2017
Article source: Studio Modijefsky
Set in De Hallen, a former tram depot in Amsterdam west, Kanarie Club pays tribute to the old trams with its renewed design. Digging deep into the history of the building, Studio Modijefsky has created a design with strong references to the past. As a tram depot there were several activities taking place in the space giving service to the run down trams, such as electricity, paint, wood and metal work. These skills and the tools and work spaces they require, inspires the material and colour palette of the new interior and are means to divide the new restaurant space into different zones.
Image Courtesy © Maarten Willemstein
- Architects: Studio Modijefsky (Esther Stam, Natalia Nikolopoulou, Kristina Petrauskaite, Moene van Werven, Kleoniki Fotiadou, Zahra Rajaei)
- Project: Kanarie Club
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Photography: Maarten Willemstein
- Client: Chong Chu, Tsibo Lin, Zing-Kyn Cheung, Rakish Gangapersad
- Size: 699 m²
- Status: realised November 2016
Thursday, January 5th, 2017
Article source: DesignAgency
Generator Rome is only a short walk from the Colosseum and Termini Station, in the Esquilino neighbourhood – one of the oldest areas in the city. The property reinvigorates an elegant 20th century residence on Via Principe Amedeo. Its surroundings include cinematic streetscapes, leading to picturesque squares, churches, parks and a vast array of bars, cafés and pizzerias, as well as authentic local markets.
DesignAgency took its inspiration from the distinctive flavours of this diverse and historic neighbourhood, as well as the Italian culture and the Roman trade routes that have left their marks on this area to create a vibrant and welcoming environment with subtle ethnic flair.
Image Courtesy © Mans Berg
- Architects: DesignAgency
- Project: Generator Rome
- Location: Via Principe Amedeo, 257, 00185 Rome, Italy
- Photography: Mans Berg
- Owner: Generator / Patron Capital
- Local Project Architect: L22, Milan
- Lighting Designer: artec3 studio
- Room Rates: starting at €20
- Launch Date: August 2016
Wednesday, December 14th, 2016
Article source: Visual Display S.r.l.
The new restaurant called BU.CO (an acronym of Burger&Cocktail) opened in September 2016 in the largest shopping centre of the Alpe Adria region (Città Fiera di Martignacco – Udine – Italy), as a project entirely conceived by Visual Display, the Italian creative agency specialised in retail design and brand building.
Image Courtesy © Matteo Favi Immagini
- Architects: Visual Display S.r.l. (Giulia Minozzi)
- Project: Bu.Co — Burger & Cocktail
- Location: Udine, Italy
- Photography: Matteo Favi Immagini
Tuesday, December 13th, 2016
Article source: DITTEL ARCHITEKTEN GMBH
The Primo Cafe Bar stands for high-quality coffee, an Italian lifestyle and a sustainable mind-set. In the spirit of this brand philosophy, an authentic interior design concept with natural materials and dedication to detail was created. The café was realized at the Zinser fashion store in Tübingen. Located in the pedestrian zone, it not only attracts people from the outside but also creates value for the store’s retail customers. The continuous glass façade reveals a warm atmosphere to passers-by which – in a symbiosis of light and material – makes them want to enjoy a coffee.
Image Courtesy © DITTEL ARCHITEKTEN GMBH
Thursday, December 8th, 2016
Article source: v2com
After winning the international architectural design competition, Stuttgart based wittfoht architekten were commissioned to build the extension of the World Trade Organization headquarters in Geneva. The new administrative building, integrated into the site, creates a feeling of openness and transparency.
world trade organization, Image Courtesy © Brigida González Fotografie
- Architects: wittfoht architekten
- Project: World Trade Organization
- Location: Genève, Switzerland
- Photography: Brigida González Fotografie
- Client: World Trade Organization
- Structural engineering: Schlaich Bergermann und Partner GmbH
- Energy engineering: Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH
- Domestic engineering: Weinmann energies sa
- Electrical engineering: mab ingénierie sa
- Structural physics: Bobran Ingenieure
- General contractor: Implenia entreprise générale sa
- Gross floor area: 14.500 square meters
- Gross volume: 56.800 cubic meters
- Competition: 2009 – 1st prize
- Construction period: 01/2011 – 07/2013
- Year: 2013
Friday, December 2nd, 2016
Article source: NEXT architects
What can be done with a 18.000 m2 empty office building situated at the outskirts of the city and that has been deemed unsuited for redevelopment for the last 11 years? This is the big challenge faced with B.Amsterdam at the Johan Huizingalaan in Amsterdam. From the start, NEXT architects was closely involved in the transformation of this static cube-shaped building into a lively hotspot for startups, freelancers and creative entrepreneurs. Strategic interventions are used to strengthen the quality, experience and identity of the building.
Image Courtesy © Francisco Nogueira
- Architects: NEXT architects
- Project: B.Amsterdam
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Photography: Francisco Nogueira
- Client: Timeless Investments
- Team: Marijn Schenk, Mark Spijkerman, Arno Kwint and Douwe Strating (NEXT)
- Collaborator/ Associate: Guus Meulendijks (B.Amsterdam) / Luuk van der Broek (Collaboration-O)
- Advisor construction: Van Rossum, Amsterdam
- Advisor: Peutz, Zoetermeer
- Main contractor: Retail Bouw Nederland, Doetinchem
- Installations: Gouweloos Electrotechniek BV / Roodenburg Installatiebedrijf BV
- Floor area / Span: 18.000 m2
- Final design: February 2015
- Completion: September 2016
Thursday, November 3rd, 2016
Article source: Muñoz Arquitectos Asociados
Hermana República is a tasting place for Patito a beer made in a local brewery. Behind this tasting spot is the factory where the beer is made.
There are two conceptual axis that ruled this project; the first one was to create an environment that has a bound with the beer production, an industrial environment that is also a comfortable place to drink beer. The plan was to create a place that had an environment of a yucatecan cantina and a good restaurant where you can go and have a quality meal.
Image Courtesy © Marcos Betanzos
- Architects: Muñoz Arquitectos Asociados
- Project: Hermana Republica
- Location: Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
- Photography: Marcos Betanzos
- Software used: Autocad
- Built area: 235.55 (m2)
- Year: 2015
Thursday, October 27th, 2016
Article source: Zavoral architekt
Copper bar is located in the historicist house with arcade on Smetana Square in the town centre of Litomysl.
We intended to create a new strong interior characterter which would suit to the historical centre and which would replace previous fading bar. Clients asked for intimate bar where you can enjoy conversation over a glass and feel comfortable.
Image Courtesy © BoysPlayNice
- Architects: Zavoral architekt
- Project: Copper bar
- Location: Smetanovo namesti 136, Litomysl, Czech Republic
- Photography: BoysPlayNice
- Budget: 450 000 CZK / 16 500 EUR
- Area: 68 sqm
- Realisation: 2016