Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Friday, August 26th, 2016
Article source: SPEECH architectural
This residential complex consists of five 26-storey buildings arranged in a checkerboard pattern on top of a multi-storey underground car park. This configuration of volumes of identical shape and height has made it possible to create a system of semi-enclosed inner courtyards between the blocks. The main entrances to the buildings face the courtyards and take the form of stately portals.
Image Courtesy © Dmitry Chebanenko
- Architects: SPEECH architectural (M.V. Digileva, O.A. Kalugina, A.S. Kavitskaya)
- Project: Vodniy Residential Street Block
- Location: Golovinskoe shosse, 5, Moscow, Russia
- Photography: Dmitry Chebanenko
- Project authors: Sergei Tchoban, Igor Chlenov
- Team of architects headed by: Anna Deryabina
- Principal project engineer: Igor Tsukanov
- Client: MR Group
- Total area of site: 2.3938 hectares
- Area of footprint: 5547 sq m
- Total area of complex: 191,893 sq m
- Total area of underground part of the complex: 59,550 sq m
- Total area of above-ground part of the complex: 132,343 sq m
- Number of apartments: 1496
- Number of storeys: 26
- Design work: 2012 – 2013
- Construction: 2013 – 2015
Thursday, August 25th, 2016
Article source: REI MITSUI ARCHITECTS
Renovation of”KANBAN-style” architecture,remaining at Nihonbashi.
*KANBAN-style; Billboard architecture, built in the early Showa period. Typically the ground floor is served as retail space, with displaying windows at the storefront.
Image Courtesy © REI MITSUI ARCHITECTS
- Architects: REI MITSUI ARCHITECTS
- Project: Renovation of “KANBAN-style”
- Location: Nihonbashi, Tokyo, Japan
- Software used: Rhinoceros and Grasshopper
Thursday, August 25th, 2016
Article source: Studio Flt-Office
The project shows three distinct actions on the island (recovering historical buildings, student accommodation and university campus).
These actions interact in a complementary way within the project area and are in direct communication with each other via the pedestrian cardo.
Image Courtesy © Studio Flt-Office
- Architects: Studio Flt-Office
- Project: Venice University Island
- Location: Venice, Italy
Tuesday, August 23rd, 2016
Article source: Plasma Studio
The building is located on a hillside in the Dolomites, at the end of a residential area.
The volume has been developed mainly from its pragmatic functional request to host 6 independent apartments with one common circulation: through a cut that marks the main access and the division of the units the volume is splitted into 2 halves. Besides its functional meaning this incision becomes the main defining element of the building: from the cut at either side a strip unfolds that forms the balustrade of a generous covered balcony and ends into the surrounding topography. Following the steep natural hillside with each floor the strips and the façade jump back.
Image Courtesy © PLASMA Studio
- Architects: Plasma Studio
- Project: Haus Dolomitenblick – residential building with 6 unitsand undergroung garage
- Location: Sexten, Sesto Italy
- Size: 1.050m²
- Completed: Summer 2012
Sunday, August 21st, 2016
Article source: Team V Architecture
HAUT, the 21-storey wooden residential building by the Dutch River Amstel, is a serious contender to become the tallest timber tower in the world. The municipality of Amsterdam has selected Team V Architecture with Lingotto, Nicole Maarsen, ARUP and brand partner NLE to develop this remarkable high-rise structure. Construction work is expected to start in the second half of 2017. HAUT promises to be a prototype of building in an innovative, sustainable and environmentally-friendly manner.
Image Courtesy © Zwartlicht
- Architects: Team V Architecture
- Project: HAUT
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: Zwartlicht
Thursday, August 11th, 2016
Article source: Studio AD.a
Two couple meet on the notes of a paceful music and start to dance, swirling on the Contrappunto.This suggestion was our focus during the design phase of pair of towers, completing the Contrappunto design. The primal and secondary melody keep going in the lower building, while the continuous bass wraps the couples, becoming the core of their dance. Each tower is divided in three segments: the male, strong and materic, the woman, covered in lace and the music, a wooden brise soleil in continuity with the basement of the project.
Image Courtesy © Studio AD.a
- Architects: Studio AD.a
- Project: Dancing Towers
- Location: Moscow, Russia
Wednesday, August 10th, 2016
Article source: [tp3] architekten
The parish center had worn out and there have been considerations to renovate it for several years. Finally, the decision was made to address the issue. However, there were some challenges. We preferred to renovate the building rather than to rebuild it as the new building regulations of the diocese would not approve a new auditorium with the size of the old one. Moreover, the assignment of the diocese was not to increase the volume of the building. The building not only hat to be renewed with regards to its technique and insulation but also had to be adapted to today’s needs in terms of its room-sequence, staircase and façade.
Image Courtesy © Mark Sengstbratl
- Architects: [tp3] architekten
- Project: Parish Center Andorf
- Location: Andorf, Oberösterreich
- Photography: Mark Sengstbratl
- Software used: ArchiCad
- Year: Winter 2015
Sunday, August 7th, 2016
Article source: Wolff Arquitectura
Laredo 18 is a project based on the restoration of a 1960’s building in the Colonia Condesa that is made up of 3 floors, 6 apartments, ground floor parking and a commercial space. Being a poorly maintained building, the project focused on establishing more efficient use of space to maximize economic profitability and environmental form. We modernized the original integrity of the building by combining original elements with handicrafts, metal, and natural materials (stone and wood). We were also able to add 3 apartments, making a total of 9 in the building, with 2 penthouses on the fourth floor and a study on the ground level.
The building seeks integration and permanence to the colony as part of a contemporary intervention to an existing property.
Image Courtesy © Wolff Arquitectura
- Architects: Wolff Arquitectura
- Project: Laredo 18
- Location: Calle Laredo 18, Hipodromo Condesa. Mexico City- ZC: 06100
- Year of Completion: 2016
Thursday, August 4th, 2016
Article source: Carbone Fernandez Arquitectos
It belongs to a property located in the central area of the city of Tandil, gifted of complete infrastructure and where the plan of territorial development grants until 1000 habitants by hectare.
The lot is almost on the east edge of the central area. Paradoxically, this area allows buildings up to a height of 31.5 meters where the majority of the existing constructions are one or two storeys height.
Image Courtesy © Carbone Fernandez Arquitectos
- Architects: Carbone Fernandez Arquitectos
- Project: Globant Iconic Building
- Location: Tandil, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Team Members: Franco Carbone, Fabricio Contreras Ansbergs, Esteban Rosso, Cristian Bianchini, Ignacio Corso, Romina De Falco
- Area: 5400 sqm
- Year: 2016
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016
Article source: Studio Fuksas
The building is located in the centre of the city of Mainz. The façade looks towards a historical pedestrian square and towards the milestone of the city, the Mainzer Dom (Mainz Cathedral), built in the X century. Alongside there is a shopping centre, built in 1970.
Like many other European city centres, this important location has been compromised by thoughtless projects dating back to the mid-20th-century and post-war reparation work. Nothing is authentic (even the historical buildings are almost all reconstructed). Nevertheless, the principle of conservation prevailed, so the city centre has become an eclectic mix, synonym for beauty.
Image Courtesy © Moreno Maggi
- Architects: Studio Fuksas (Massimiliano and doriana fuksas)
- Project: Mainz Markthäuser 11-13
- Location: Mainz, Germany
- Photography: Moreno Maggi
- Client: Wohnbau mainz gmbh
- Façade structures: knippers helbig beratende ingenieure
- Structures: baucon beratende ingenieure
- Plans: hl-pp consult
- Engineering: ibb lorenz
- Electrical services: b.i.g. Bechtolding
- Area: 9,000sq.m.
- Period: 2003-2008