Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Thursday, September 14th, 2017
Article source: Proyecto Cafeína
Tadeo 4909 is a building that takes place in a high-growth zone of the city, seeking out to offer an urban, expressive and custom housing. It consists of 8 two-level lofts, each of which is distinct to the others.
The area where the building is set is highly chaotic in terms of architectural typologies, textures and colors, so it was therefore chosen to generate a building that would constitute itself as the order within the neighborhood’s chaos. For the façade three types of screens were used: white, satin and light. This achieved a dynamic design that simultaneously allows the most passage of natural light to the various environments while providing the necessary privacy as required by each of the spaces.
Image Courtesy © Patrick López Jaimes
- Architects: Proyecto Cafeína
- Project: Tadeo 4909
- Location: Puebla, México
- Photography: Patrick López Jaimes
- Contributors: Leonardo Neve, Diego Vilatela, Angel Valerio, Olivia Gil, Andrés Miranda, Javier Flores, Carolina Ojeda, Jesús Quintana
- Floor area: 902.65 m2
- Year: 2015
Friday, September 8th, 2017
Article source: AZC
This project located at 88 avenue Denfert Rochereau in Paris includes several works of demolition, asbestos removal and reconstruction. The Congregation of the Blind Sisters of St. Paul is mainly surrounded by religious functions and programs dedicated to healthcare. Its main access is currently possible from the avenue on the south side of the site. Our project includes a new one from the north side to facilitate the access for pedestrians, deliveries and fire services.
Image Courtesy © AZC
- Architects: AZC
- Project: Avenue Denfert-Rochereau Mixed-Use Buildings
- Location: Paris, France
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017
Article source: Reiulf Ramstad Arkitekter AS
The Jutland region, with its diversity of landscapes and long history, is in many ways the most continental region in Denmark. Hjørring has some of the oldest traces of settlements nationally and an established cultural landscape. The Kornets Hus – or grain house, is the realisation of a new centre for the dissemination of the region’s rich food and farming culture. Located on the land of an existing farm and bakery, the new inspiration centre will offer visitors, locals and employees alike a facility for activity based learning centered around the importance of grain both to Jutland and human civilization.
Image Courtesy © Places Studio
- Architects: Reiulf Ramstad Arkitekter AS
- Project: Kornets Hus
- Location: Hjørring, Denmark
- Photography: Places Studio
- Client: Realdania
- Commission Type: Invited Competition
- Size/value: 680m2 22,4 mio. kr.
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017
Article source: Jacques Ferrier Architecture
A residential building with 89 flats over 17 levels (ground floor + 16 storeys). The project includes social housing for rent and for sale, as well as standard housing for sale, over the 17 levels of the building.
Image Courtesy © Mathieu Ducros
- Architects: Jacques Ferrier Architecture
- Project: Tour Lumière
- Location: Tours, France
- Project Owner: SNI
- Project Directors: François Marquet, François Louis
- Project Leader: Romain Maréchal
- Structure Design office: C&E
- Fluids Technical design: SOGETI Ingénierie
- Quantity surveyor: SOGETI Ingénierie
- Surface Area: 5,300 m2
- Delivery: 2017
Thursday, August 24th, 2017
Article source: Cruz y Ortiz Arquitectos
It is the second new building we incorporate in the garden. This small building incorporates all logistical entries of the complex: museum staff, loading area, facilities and even access to the neighbour building, the Teekenschool.
Image Courtesy © Cruz y Ortiz Arquitectos
- Architects: Cruz y Ortiz Arquitectos (ADP-architecten, Copijn Landschaps architecten)
- Project: Drawing School And Staff Entrance Building Of The Rijksmuseum
- Location: Hobbemastraat, 1. 1071 Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Software used: Revit, Autocad
- Client: Programmadirectie Het Nieuwe Rijksmuseum
- Collaborators: García de la Cámara, Marije Ter Steege, Alicia López, José Luis Mayén, Clara Hernández, Ana Vila, Victoria Bernícola, Jan Kolle, V. Breña, S. Gutiérrez, Marta Pelegrín, Iko Mennenga, Joaquín Pérez-Goicoechea, Luis Gutierrez, Carlos Arévalo, Juan Carlos Mulero, Miguel Velasco
- Digital imaging: INDG
- Structural engineering: OVE Arup
Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017
Article source: Mecanoo architecten
Located next to the ancient southern gate to the city of Seoul, the Namdeamun Market is the oldest and largest market in South Korea. Since its beginnings as a government managed marketplace in 1414, it has become an important 24-hour destination for trade and a popular tourist attraction.
Image Courtesy © Kyungsub Shin
- Architects: Mecanoo architecten
- Project: Namdeamun Office Building
- Location: Seoul, South Korea
- Photography: Kyungsub Shin
- Client: Heungkuk Life Insurance Co., Ltd., Seoul, South Korea
- Facade consultant: Excfirm, Seoul, South Korea
- Design: 2014-2015
- Realisation: 2015-2017
Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017
Article source: Orange Architects
Orange Architects has won the tender for Plot 42A, located in the heart of the harbour on IJburg in Amsterdam. With this winning scheme, called ‘Jonas’, the city has chosen a highly innovative residential building with a spectacular interior that has achieved the highest possible sustainability label (Breeam Outstanding). The design for the 29,000-m2 mixed-use programme was commissioned by Amvest and developed in collaboration with Site urban development, ABT, Felixx landscape architects and Floor Ziegler.
Image Courtesy © Orange Architects
Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017
Article source: AMC – Andrzej M. Chołdzyński
Nowy Świat 2.0 office and services building, located between the former headquarters of the Polish Communist Party House (now: The Banking and Financial Center office building) and Warsaw Stock Exchange buildings, adjoins a nineteenth-century tenement house. The five floors represent more than 4100 sq. meters of office and ca. 2000 sq. meters of retail space. The ground floor, the mezzanine and -1 level are occupied by retail stores. On the top level there is a terrace with a view on Three Crosses Square and The Na Książęcem Park.
Image Courtesy © Piotr Krajewski
- Architects: AMC – Andrzej M. Chołdzyński
- Project: Office and retail building Nowy Świat 2.0
- Location: Warsaw, Poland
- Photography: Piotr Krajewski
- Client: Centrum Bankowo – Finansowe „Nowy Świat”
- Structural Design: BWL – Projekt
- General Contractor: KARMAR
- Lead Architects: architekt Andrzej M. Chołdzyński (main designer), Bogumił Kidziak, Szymon Schmeidel, Tomasz Dargel, Maciej Kolek, Daniel Ciesielski, Joanna Arent, Jacek Hawrylak, Magda Macioszczyk, Beata Świeboda – Budzyńska
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 1084 m2
- Completion Year: 2015
Friday, August 18th, 2017
Article source: Jan Henrik Hansen
The site possesses an impressive view over Zurich, the lake and the mountains due to its location on the Zürichberg. The building geometry was developed as a result of maximization of space within the legal framework. In order to let the surfaces of the volume respond to light and environment through their inclination angle, a sculptural relief in anodized aluminum was developed for roof and facade, which gives the building a natural appearance, despite its materiality.
Image Courtesy © Jan Henrik Hansen
- Architects: Jan Henrik Hansen
- Project: Apartment Building On The Zurichberg
- Location: Zurich Witikon, Switzerland
- Project team: Jan Henrik Hansen, Ioanna Intze (project manager), Vadim Unger, Manuel Weber
- Status: Completed 2014
Thursday, August 17th, 2017
Article source: TC LAUGHLIN PUBLIC RELATIONS GROUP, INC.
Situated at the corner of 4th Avenue and 1st Street in the coveted Park Slope neighborhood of Brooklyn, 251 1st by ODA New York is the firm’s latest manifestation of its steadfast commitment to improving quality of life in urban areas. In this case—taking a page from its well-documented playbook—ODA’s inflected the building’s upper massing with a cascade of setbacks and terraces, yielding substantial outdoor space, as well as multiple exposures for units.
Image Courtesy © Imagen Subliminal