Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Sunday, May 22nd, 2016
Article source: Triptyque Arquitetura
Triptyque brings innovation into Brazil by creating the first sustainable corporate building based on the positive energy concepts.
Image Courtesy © Leonardo Finotti
- Architects: Triptyque Arquitetura
- Project: RB12
- Location: 12, Avenue Rio Branco, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Photography: Leonardo Finotti
- 3D: Thiago Bicas, Ricardo Innecco, Imagine
- Customer: NATEKKO
- Partners: Greg Bousquet, Carolina Bueno, Guillaume Sibaud, Olivier Raffaelli
- General Manager: Luiz Trindade
- Projects Managers: Marcea Sampaio, Paula Megiolaro, Vinicius Capella
- Team: Danilo Vicentini, Juliana Becker, Renan Bussi, Francine Ouriques
- Surface: 4728 m²
- Project launching: July 2013
- Project ending: January 2016
Friday, May 20th, 2016
Article source: ZoomFactor Architects
Located in a mix of homes and buildings R + 5 high-density project of raising aims to create two housing while retaining the existing craft on the ground floor.
Image Courtesy © ZoomFactor Architects
- Architects: ZoomFactor Architects
- Project: La Sablière
- Location: 16 / 16bis rue de la Sablière – 75014 PARIS
- Cost: 602245 euros HT
- Surface: 128 m² SHON
- Calendar: 2007-2014 (work in progress)
Friday, May 20th, 2016
Article source: ARQMOV
Triangulo Corona is located in the State of Mexico on the outskirts of the metropolitan area of Mexico City, on a property of irregular topography crossed by two major regional thoroughfares. Its context is an industrial zone rich in the so called ‘maquiladoras’ and storehouses, neighbouring primary and intermediate schools, a health centre and street markets. The residential environment is one of self-construction, where materials appear in their raw state, devoid of finishes, a quality that defines the architecture and environment of this low-income area.
Image Courtesy © Rafael Gamo
- Architects: ARQMOV
- Project: Triangulo Corona
- Location: Naucalpan, Mexico
- Photography: Rafael Gamo
- Client: David Mizrahi
- Consultants: Ing. Max Tenenbaum, Ing. Ricardo Jimenez
- Design Team: Eduardo Micha, Fabio Correa, Gabriel Merino, Oscar Osorio, Patricia Pérez, Christian Rodriguez, Miguel Ángel Chiney, Eduardo Acosta, Maricruz Pérez
- Gross floor area: 1543.00 m2
- Year Completion: 2015
Sunday, May 15th, 2016
Article source: Caprioglio Associati Architects
The building on which we intervene belongs to the complex of buildings of the compendium , developed over time , beginning in 1883 until the thirties of the twentieth century , the ” oils and greases ” Federico Matter .
The only image that you have of the settlement OILS MATTER relates to the decor of a letterhead dated 23 October 1912 .
Main façade within the context, Image Courtesy © Paolo Belvedere
- Architects: Caprioglio Associati Architects (Filippo Caprioglio)
- Project: Loft del Forte
- Location: Venice, Italy
- Photography: Paolo Belvedere
- Client: Real New Pa.Pi.
- Collaborators: Barnabas Bortoluzzi , Manuele Mason , Francesco Soldo
- General Contractor: Construction Titian Geom . Corrado
- Project: 2007-2009
- Realization: 2010-2013
Wednesday, May 11th, 2016
Article source: v2com
With entries from over 95 countries, Henriquez Partners were the only Vancouver-based firm to be recognized amongst the winners. TELUS Garden was recognized as both the Popular Choice Winner and the Jury’s Choice Winner in the Office – High Rise (16+ Floors) category.
Image Courtesy © Ed White
Wednesday, May 11th, 2016
Article source: Rede Arquitetos
The administrative building of the Federal University of Ceará´s campus in Crateús municipality is the first of its set of blocks provided by the master plan of this academic unit. The building has a dual function: to host the administrative part of the set and to serve as a gateway to the campus, thus determining the shape of the building, which is split by a shift in its floorplan that separates a stretch and closed part from the other, open and fluid.
Image Courtesy © Joana França
- Architects: Rede Arquitetos
- Project: Administrative building of the Federal University
- Location: Rodovia BR 226 Km 4, Bairro José Rosa, Crateús, Ceará, Brasil
- Photography: Joana França
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup
- Contributors: Luiz Cattony (Architect), Carlos Augusto (Structural Design), UTP Engenharia (Building Installations)
- Construction company: Construtora e Imobiliária JMV
- Surface: 1.658,35 m²
- Completion: 2012 – 2015
Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016
Article source: bureau SLA
The Marine Base in Amsterdam has been a restricted military area for centuries, located in the heart of the city. In January 2015, the compound has begun a gradual transition towards a more public program. The departure of the designated marine units will be completed in 2018. Building 27E, a former education facility, is the first building on the site to be renovated for a public program. It had recently been dismantled and stripped down to a bare concrete skeleton. In June 2014 The Central Government Real Estate Agency commissioned bureau SLA to present a design accommodating new uses within the building. To host the Dutch Presidency of the European Union, taking place during the first half of 2016, the building was completed in January 2016.
Image Courtesy © Milad Pallesh
- Architects: bureau SLA
- Project: Marine Base Amsterdam Building 27E
- Location: Kattenburgerstraat 7 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Photography: Milad Pallesh, Except aerial photo: Siebe Swart
- Client: Rijksvastgoedbedrijf (Central Government Real Estate Agency)
- Project Management: Bureau Marineterrein Amsterdam
- Contractor: Prins Bouw, ‘t Harde
- Structural Engineer: Van Zuilen Constructie Advies, Nieuwegein.
- Gross Area: 2.500 m2
- Start design: 7/2014
- Start building: 3/2015
- Completion: 02/2016
- Building costs: € 3.000.000 ex. VAT
Wednesday, April 27th, 2016
Article source: Atelier Zündel Cristea (AZC)
This project provides sheltered housing for frail, elderly residents with a variety of disabilities. The building comprises individual studio apartments, communal areas and medical consultation rooms for residents and out-patients.
Image Courtesy © Atelier Zündel Cristea (AZC)
- Architects: Atelier Zündel Cristea (AZC)
- Project: PLANCHETTE SHELTERED HOUSING
- Location: 232 rue de Charenton au Roi et 3-5 ruelle de la Planchette 75012 Paris, France
- Client: Elogie
- Program: Medical reception center for disabled persons
- User: La Fondation des Amis de l’Atelier
- AZC team: Grégoire Zündel, Irina Cristea, architects; Valentine Jamet and Stefano Lunardi, project’s managers and Cécile Conduché.
- Partners: OTE ingénierie
- Missions: Conception + Construction
- Surface: 2250 m²
- Labels: HEQ process
- Status: Completed
- Year: 2015
- Cost: 10,6 M€ for a work cost of 7,5 M€ TTC
Saturday, April 23rd, 2016
Article source: Nathan Allan Glass Studios Inc.
What surprises people most when entering and walking on the glowing white surface in this particular Private Residence (Williamsburg, VA) is when they find out they are walking on a sea of glass! Yes, GLASS! Not marble, not granite, but GLASS! Nathan Allan has created a very fresh, unique flooring surface, which is smooth to touch on the majority of the glass surface, yet has an almost invisible safety finish permanently embedded in the glass surface.
Image Courtesy © Morgan Howarth
- Architects: Nathan Allan Glass Studios Inc.
- Project: Private Residence
- Location: Williamsburg, Virginia
- Photography: Morgan Howarth
- Thickness: 1/2″ (12 mm),
- Dimensions: 5’0 x 6’0
- Panels Safety: Tempered
- Designer: Vicki Bristow
- GC & Installer: W.M. Jordan, Pompei Inc.
Friday, April 22nd, 2016
Article source: Invisible Studio
Two new buildings – a big-span machinery store and staff facilities – have been created at the National Arboretum, using timber grown on the estate to create robust, well-designed simple buildings, says Laura Mark
Image Courtesy © Andy Matthews
- Architects: Invisible Studio
- Project: Wolfson Tree Management Centre Mess Building
- Location: Westonbirt Arboretum, Gloucestershire UK
- Photography: Andy Matthews
- Engineer: Buro Happold