Archive for the ‘Building’ Category
Friday, July 3rd, 2015
Article source: Gustavo Penna Architect & Associates
The intervention proposed at the Community Center Serra Dourada stablishes a very respectful relationship with the original elements of the ranch, giving it a unique character to this place. The new buildings were conceived to minimize the interventions on the topography and to preserve the maximum of the original vegetation.
Image Courtesy © Gustavo Penna Architect & Associates
Friday, July 3rd, 2015
Article source: Gans studio
The studio residence is a free-standing building that completes an ensemble of experience and use in relation to a pre-existing house and a landscape. The new building contains a small drawing studio, workroom and kiln tucked beneath a library and a bedroom suite that overlook a double height sculpture space. It connects to the pre-existing house via two bridges: an upper bridge that extends from the living room to a new roof garden floating before the Catskills; and a lower bridge that ties the studio back into the hillside.
Image Courtesy © Andrew Rugge of Arch Photo
- Architects: Gans studio
- Project: Artist Studio/Residence
- Location: Old Wagon Road, Woodstock, 12498, New York, US
- Photography: Andrew Rugge of Arch Photo
- Client: Arlene Shechet
- Project Team: Amy Magida, Adam Ganser, Maryjane Starks, Isobel Herbold
- Builder: Hank Starr Builders
- Engineer: WA Scribner PE
- Completion Date: 2011
Thursday, July 2nd, 2015
Article source: Delution Architect
The Equalizer is a philosophical concept representing three different activities as the core activities held in the building i.e. Musical studies, movies and ballet. The three core activities are about rhythm therefor the architect took Equalizer as the philosophical concept. The building has three stories and the front view is different from the side views. The left side of the building has high covers until the third floor while the right side has shorter cover yet they still have the same total number of floors. The massing of the building is separated into two parts, one part is elongated upwards and the other on is elongated forward. The concept if the building is semi industrial thus some details are left unfinished. The building has a movie room on the first floor, recording music studio on the second floor and a ballet studio on the third floor. The building façade is covered with terracotta shaded bricks arranged in an equalizer-like shape as a representation of the three main activities in this building.
Image Courtesy © Delution Architect
- Architects: Delution Architect
- Project: The Equalizer
- Location: Jatiwaringin
- Principal Architect: Muhammad Egha ST, Hezby Ryandi ST, Sunjaya Askaria ST, Fahmy Desrizal ST
- Project Architect: Sunjaya Askaria ST
- Architect Team: Indira Pramundita Setiadewi
- Client: Poedji Churniawan
- Project Type: Music, Film, & Balette Dance Studio
- Project Area: 545m2
- Project Year: 2015
Thursday, July 2nd, 2015
Article source: SOMA architects
50 Lispenard is a seven story refurbishment project located in the Tribeca neighborhood of New York City. The original building was a garment factory, and is historically protected, thus the extent of the refurbishment was limited to strictly interior improvements, with the exception of a duplex penthouse addition to the roof. The interiors are rich with wood, steel, and concrete, recalling the original industrial function of the building. The duplex penthouse revolves around a double height void and glass bridge overlooking two outdoor roof terraces.
Image Courtesy © Richard Caplin
- Architects: SOMA architects
- Project: 50 Lispenard
- Location: New York, USA
- Photography: Richard Caplin
- Client: Dr. Philip Baldeo
- Principal: Michel Abboud
- Key Staff: LeopoldoSguera, Steven Townsend
- Architect of Record: Stephen Thomson | CO4 Architecture New York, NY
- Structural Engineer: WalidAboumoussa, Antonucci& Associates
- Setting: Urban, Historic Zone
Wednesday, July 1st, 2015
Article source: Migdal Arquitectos
Central Park Interlomas is a residential complex located in one of the highest points of Interlomas an area located to the west of Mexico City, placed on a natural plateau that serves as a great podium that avoids adjacencies, providing the apartments beautiful, unaltered and extensive views of the city.
Image Courtesy © Ian Lizaranzu
- Architects: Migdal Arquitectos
- Project: Central Park Interlomas
- Location: Huixquilucan, Estado de México
- Photography: Ian Lizaranzu, Luis Gordoa y Rafael Gamo
- Project and Architectonic Direction: Jaime Varon, Abraham Metta, Alex Metta / Migdal Arquitectos
- Structural Project: CTC Ingenieros Civiles
- Number of apartment units: 720
- Construction Area: 162, 261. 97 M²
- Construction: 2013 – 2015
- Ground Surface: 45,746.24m²
- Project: 2010
Sunday, June 21st, 2015
Article source: Foster+Partners
Following a strategic masterplan, the practice has completed the first new visible building on the estate since the Château and the existing cellars were completed two hundred years ago. In addition to a large new winery, the Nouveau Chai, the project includes a new Vinothèque, and the refurbishment of existing buildings and the historic Orangery – together, these provide state of the art facilities to support this leading wine producer in its continued quest for excellence.
Image Courtesy © Nigel Young_Foster + Partners
- Architects: Foster+Partners, Norman Foster
- Project: Launch of new winery for Château Margaux
- Photography: Nigel Young_Foster + Partners
Sunday, June 14th, 2015
Article source: Fletcher Priest Architects
‘New Ludgate’ is the transformation of a City block into a generous and lively new quarter for London. It sets up a dialogue between two striking and complementary new buildings whilst reinstating and improving the public realm around it and new routes through the city block.
Image Courtesy © Timothy Soar
- Architects: Fletcher Priest Architects, Sauerbruch Hutton Architects
- Project: New Ludgate
- Location: London, England
- Photography: Timothy Soar
- Client: Land Securities
- Landscape Architects: Gustafson Porter
Thursday, June 11th, 2015
Article source: Hi-Tech Outsourcing Services
The client wanted us to detect and rectify errors in the point cloud with accurate BIM modeling within 24 days.
The total data size provided by client was about 185 GB & to work with such heavy data files was really a difficult task.
The input files were in the form of 3D scanned images in which few of the scanned inputs were not clear & some of the building data was missing due to improper scanning, leading to complexity of resurfacing and modeling.
The building area was large and also consisted of complex steel structure.
Image Courtesy © Hi-Tech Outsourcing Services
Sunday, June 7th, 2015
Article source: CCM2 architectes
The original building, which won 3 architecture prices, was designed by Pierre Morel in 1986, who will later become a CCM2 architects associate and work also on the extension in 2010.
Image Courtesy © Stéphane Groleau
- Architects: CCM2 architectes
- Project: La Maison du Pilote du Bas-St-Laurent
- Location: Québec, Canada
- Photography: Stéphane Groleau
- Software used: AutoCad
- Client: Corporation des pilotes du Bas-St-Laurent
- Project manager: Pierre Morel
- Civil / structure: EMS ingénierie
- Project area: 205 m2 | 2 207 pi2
- Budget: 1,2 M $
- Completion: 2014
Sunday, June 7th, 2015
Article source: IMARCHITECT
The story of a building, very often, that of the family that has lived. The new owners wanted to mold the existing building to have a living space conform to their way of life.
Image Courtesy © IMARCHITECT
- Architects: IMARCHITECT
- Project: RESTRUCTURING OF A VILLA
- Location: Verona, Italy