Archive for the ‘Cafe’ Category
Friday, July 3rd, 2015
Article source: J. MAYER H. und Partner, Architekten
June 20th, 2015 marked the opening of the KA300 Pavilion in Karlsruhe, designed by J. MAYER H. und Partner, Architekten. To celebrate the three-hundred year anniversary of the founding of the city of Karlsruhe, this temporary event pavilion was erected in the city’s Schlossgarten. During the festival summer, various concerts, theatre performances, readings, film screenings, and exhibitions will be held in the open structure.
Image Courtesy © Marcus Buck
- Architects: J. MAYER H. und Partner, Architekten
- Project: Jubilee Pavilion KA300
- Location: Pavilion for the City Jubilee, Schlossgarten, Karlsruhe, Germany
- Photography: Frank Dinger, Marcus Buck, Michael Kneffel
- Client: Stadtmarketing Karlsruhe GmbH
- Partner in charge: Jürgen Mayer H.
- Project architect: Sebastian Finckh
- Project team: Georg Fassl, Maxim Margorskyi (more…)
Wednesday, July 1st, 2015
Article source: Giuffrida – Bragadin
A successful partnership, the perfect combination that brings together ALIVAR exclusive furniture and the legendary Hard Rock Hotels and Cafes brand, all with the incredible island of Ibiza as the backdrop. In fact, ALIVAR has supplied part of the furnishings for the Presidential Suites and VIP rooms at the brand new Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, the first European Hotel for the renowned Hard Rock hotel chain, in this amazing Spanish place. This is a five-star hotel that is the result of close collaboration between ALIVAR and a high-end Spanish hotel group that manages a large number of hotels around the world.
Wednesday, June 3rd, 2015
Article source: Architecture Patrick Mauger
The extension to the Miradou fort is an independent structure inserted between the existing fort and the village. The new building uses the same layout principle as a Vauban fortress.
Image Courtesy © Didier Boy de la Tour
- Architects: Architecture Patrick Mauger
- Project: National Commando Training Centre
- Location: Miradou Fort, 66190 Collioure, FRANCE
- Photography: Didier Boy de la Tour
- Collaborators: Setec Bascou, Bouscat & Pestel, Benjean, Lardart, Olier
- Programme: Café and dining hall, kitchen (490 diners/day) and medical service unit
- Client: French Ministry of Defense, Montpellier Engineering Administration
- Site Area: 2 186 m²
- Environmental aspects: RT 2005
- Status: Built / Delivered in 2007
- Budget: 3.1 M€
Tuesday, May 26th, 2015
Article source: Hewitt Studios LLP
Hewitt Studios have recently completed a sustainable new-build workshop sporting an innovative and efficient ‘flat-pack’ timber structure.
The project is situated on the Holme Lacy campus of Herefordshire and Ludlow College and is designed to complement the nearby Straw Bale Cafe and Fast-Track Classrooms. It is used primarily for the maintenance of tractors and other agricultural machinery.
Image Courtesy © Hewitt Studios LLP
- Architects: Hewitt Studios LLP
- Project: Crosslam Agricultural Workshops
- Location: Holme Lacy, England
- Software used: Microstation
Wednesday, May 20th, 2015
Article source: Not a Number Architects
The juice bar occupies a small site in the centre of Bucharest. Its irregular layout follows the outline of a derelict shed that was previously standing on the plot working as a Turkish café.
The space was conceived as a cabin in the city, a safe haven from the bustling streets or the cold afternoons.
Image Courtesy © Cosmin Dragomir
- Architects: Not a Number Architects
- Project: Juice bar cabin
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Photography: Cosmin Dragomir
- Author: NaNA / Ermis Adamantidis, Dominiki Dadatsi
- Program: Juice bar, Cafe
- Area: 120sqm
- Design period: 2013 – 2014
Sunday, May 17th, 2015
Article source: MODE:LINA ARCHITEKCI
“We have dreamed about the pinkest and most positive and open place in the world. COME CHECK IT OUT”
This incredibly innovative idea of combining a shop with a café is defned by an even more innovative and brave concept: that all the products sold here will be… pink!
This unique pink task was given to the architects from mode:lina studio, meanwhile the brand concept as well as the communication strategy was designed by the MINIMA studio.
Image Courtesy © Marcin Ratajczak
- Architects: MODE:LINA ARCHITEKCI
- Project: Rozove Cafe
- Location: Poland Poznań, ul. Wodna 23
- Photography: Marcin Ratajczak
- DESIGN : mode:lina architekci / architecture studio ( Paweł Garus & Jerzy Woźniak )
- PROJECT TEAM: Paweł Garus, Jerzy Woźniak, Kinga Kin
- COMPLETION: February / Luty 2015
- AREA: 65 m2
- BRANDING: MINIMA
Thursday, May 7th, 2015
Article source: AART architects
AART architects reveal the first building phase of the Waterfront development – one of the largest wooden residential developments in Europe. Located on the edge of Stavanger harbor front, the 19,500 m2 development transforms the former industrial area into a recreational part of town.
Image Courtesy © AART architects
- Architects: AART architects
- Project: THE WATERFRONT
- Location: Stavanger, Norway
- Client:Kruse-Smith (developer), Stavanger 2008 and NAL|NABU (original contracting authority)
- Size: 19,500 m2
- Status: The first building phase was completed in June 2014, The second phase building will be completed in 2015
Thursday, April 16th, 2015
Article source: Cadaval & Solà-Morales
The building is located in the Colonia Roma, a historic neighbourhood in the central sector of Mexico City. La Roma developed in the 19th century as one of the first extensions of the city centre, with an orthogonal grid of large houses inhabited by the upper classes of the city. With the emergence of suburban life in the 50s, la Roma decreased its population throughout the second half of the 20th century, getting to its worst with earthquake of 1985. Due to the location of la Roma in what once was Lake Texcoco, the subsoil is highly muddy, so seismic waves are amplified; thus, during the strong earthquake of 85, la Roma was one of the more affected areas of the city: many buildings collapsed, and many of those which resisted were abandoned by its inhabitants because of their structural damage or because of the fear that the buildings would not resist another earthquake. The neighbourhood became deeply deteriorated, with high levels of insecurity and abandoned buildings, until its recent re-emergence as one of the most active areas of the city, filled with art galleries, small restaurants, cafés and young people occupying again its streets and public areas.
Image Courtesy © Miguel de Guzmán
- Architects: Cadaval & Solà-Morales
- Project: Cordoba-ReUrbano Housing Building
- Location: Roma District, Mexico City. Mexico
- Photography: Miguel de Guzmán
- Collaborators: Olivier Arditi, Catherine Nguyen
- Structural Engineering: Ricardo Camacho
- Área: 2200sqm
Wednesday, April 15th, 2015
Article source: Ponadto design group
The design won the 1st prize in the twelfth edition of the national competition organized by Sanitec KOLO in 2010. Since then, the utility has been extended by a café and land development between wybrzeże szczecińskie street and vistula river in Warsaw.
Image Courtesy © Piotr Szczepański
- Architects: Ponadto design group (Aleksandra Krzywańska, Maja Matuszewska, Katarzyna Szpicmacher)
- Project: Vistula river beach pavilion
- Location: Warsaw, Poland
- Photography: Piotr Szczepański, Rafał Nebelski
- Collaborators: Pro Arte 11 ( Jerzy Grochulski Ph.D. Arch., M. Arch. Stanisław Stefanowicz)
- Client: Warsaw City Council
- Area: 1500 m2
- Year: 2013
Saturday, April 4th, 2015
Article source: Foster + Partners
Lord Foster has attended opening celebrations in Buenos Aires today for the new Buenos Aires Ciudad Casa de Gobierno, a sustainable new city hall for the Mayor and 1,500 staff – and the practice’s first civic project in Argentina. Spanning an entire city block in Parque Patricios, the building is a catalyst for the regeneration of the neighbourhood and combines an environmentally efficient design with an innovative, highly flexible internal arrangement of terraced working floors.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: Official opening of new city hall in Buenos Aires
- Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina (more…)