Archive for the ‘Cafe’ Category
Wednesday, November 13th, 2013
Article source: SHH Architects
SHH has completed a fast-turnaround transformation of The Media Café at the National Media Museum in Bradford for Levy Restaurants, the sports and leisure division of Compass UK & Ireland, creating a cool, crisp and contemporary refurbished canteen space with playful, integrated film and television references, ranging from classic black-and-white photography to a screen made of aged film canisters and a vintage TV set used to display menus.
Image Courtesy © Gareth Gardner
- Architects: SHH Architects
- Project: The Media Café at the National Media Museum
- Location: Bradford,U.K
- Photography: Gareth Gardner
- Client: Levy Restaurants, The National Media Museum
- Contractor: Benchmark
Thursday, November 7th, 2013
Article source: Workshop
Frappisimo is a new Mexican coffee shop that currently has three branches in the state of Campeche, this being the most recent one. It is located in Galerías Mall in the city of San Francisco de Campeche in southeastern Mexico.
This new coffee shop is located in one of the most important points of the mall, as it is the only double-height space and where the two main wings of the mall converge. This makes the room a very important focal point, located almost in the center axis of Galerías.
Image Courtesy © Workshop
- Architects: Workshop
- Project: Frappisimo Coffee shop
- Location: Campeche, México
- CONSTRUCTION: Arq. Rafael Aranda Alpuche
- DIMENTION: 75 m2
- YEAR: 2013
- Software used: autocad 2013, 3ds Max 2009
Tuesday, October 29th, 2013
Article source: Triopton Architects
Alaloum Board Game Cafe is located in Nea Filadelfeia, a suburb in north east of Athens, and addresses board game lovers.
According to Triopton Αrchitects, “the very specific function of board gaming inspires and determines the design concept.”
The café is developed in two levels of total space of 160 sq.m. The concept behind the café is mainly focusing on preserving and enhancing the strict geometries of the structure, thus creating a welcoming, yet subversive environment influenced by the creative imagination and variegation of a board game.
Image Courtesy © Dimitris Kleanthis
- Architects: Triopton Architects
- Project: Alaloum Board Game Café
- Location: Nea Filadelfia, Athens, Greece
- Photography: Dimitris Kleanthis
- Design Team: Hysolli Edis, Sergios Eleftherios, Vourliotis Dimitrios
- Project Year: 2013
- Project Area: 160 sqm
- Software Used: Autocad, 3ds Max, Adobe Photoshop
Tuesday, September 10th, 2013
Article source: Concrete Architectural Associates
The Calf & Bloom café, situated on the ground floor of the ʻKalvertorenʼ shopping centre, connects the end of the Kalverstraat with the Singel canal, by the Bloemenmarkt (flower market). The owner of Calf & Bloom approached concrete to develop a new total concept for the former Replay café. In addition to a new interior design, the name, menu and graphics were also changed.
Image Courtesy © Ewout Huibers
- Architects: Concrete Architectural Associates
- Project: The Calf & Bloom café
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: Ewout Huibers
- Client: Replay café, Willem Honnebier
- Project team: Rob Wagemans, Lisa Hassanzadeh, Tobias Koch, Joyce Kelder, Merijn Verduyn, Sofie Ruytenberg (graphic design), Jesse Nolte (graphic design)
- General contractor: Horstermeer Interieuren, Nederhorst den Berg, NL
- Fixed furniture: Horstermeer Interieuren, Nederhorst den Berg, NL
- Loose furniture: Satelliet, Amsterdam, NL, ByOtten agenturen, Den Dungen, NL, Raw materials, Amsterdam, NL
- Lighting: Tierlantijn Lighting, Rijsbergen, NL
- Metal constructions: K. Schrijver B.V., Nederhorst den Berg, NL
Thursday, August 1st, 2013
Article source: Colkitt&Co
What used to be a storage closet, is currently being transformed by architect and design firm Colkitt&Co, to become a 1,830 square foot food and beverage cafe for students, staff and campus visitors to enjoy. Construction began earlier this summer, and Dlush UCSD is expected to open just in time for the first week of fall semester classes.
Image Courtesy © Colkitt&Co
- Architects: Colkitt&Co
- Project: Dlush UCSD
- Location: San Diego, California, U.S.A
- Owner: Jeffrey Adler, CEO of Dlush
- Architect and Designer: Colkitt&Co
- Graphics, Signage and Branding: Hollis Brand Culture
- Mechanical, Plumbing and Electrical Engineer: KLH Engineers
Sunday, July 21st, 2013
Article source: Goko
No more than simple and useful architecture
We are a versatile team dedicated to create new architectural solutions where luxury is defined by simplicity. Each one of our projects is completed with its economic, social and natural context taken into consideration; this assures us that the end result will be functional and unique.We create spaces for promoting future life essentials. We value both organization and creativity.
Image Courtesy © GoKo
- Architects: Goko
- Project:Map Cafe
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Thursday, May 23rd, 2013
Article source: Amerikka Design Office Ltd
Coffee House chain: Space planning delivers extra kick to both brand and sales. The cooperation of Amerikka Design Office Ltd. and SOK’s Coffee House café chain began in spring 2011 and the first completed locations are being opened to the public in October and November 2011. In addition to an increase in customer seating and sales, emphasis has been put on space concept development work for Coffee House recognition as well as on the chain’s distinctive character and visibility.
Image courtesy Amerikka Design Office Ltd
Thursday, May 23rd, 2013
Article source: Sol89
Breaking, folding and inserting. The Hospital is a cluster of activity and subjected to continuous flow changes. The intervention takes the estrangement as a starting point: we decided to insert a single continuous element, bent and broken, which defines, as opposed to the perimeter of empty space available, the area of medical staff and a series of courtyards perched to become new objects for contemplation.
Image Courtesy © Jesús Granada
- Architects: Sol89
- Project: University Hospital Cafeteria
- Location: Seville, Spain
- Photography: Jesús Granada
- Client: Servicio Andaluz de Salud y Serunion SA
- Completion Date: 2011
- Team: Víctor Baztán Cascales (quantity surveyor), Alejandro Cabanas (structure), Insur JG (building service), Seinsa 2000 S.A. y Astreo S.L (contractors)
- Area: 1152,50 m²
- Software used: Brains and pencils, after, for final drawings, used usual CAD programs
Thursday, May 16th, 2013
Article source: Edgley Design
Our proposal aims to improve the social function and attractiveness of Duke of York square. The café is a bold and distinct formal proposition, framed by and reacting to the particular scale, proportion and environmental conditions of the historic site. Recessed landscaping extends the café’s seating into the surrounding pavement.
Image courtesy Edgley Design
- Architects: Edgley Design
- Project: Cadogan Cafe
- Location: Chelsea, UK
Thursday, April 25th, 2013
Article source: Shroffleon
Located within the historic Art Deco building that holds the Eros Theater within the colonial part of the Mumbai, the recently unveiled French Bistro Chez Vous occupies the space that previously housed the iconic Sundance Cafe. A reinterpretation of the classic European Eatery, the treatment of the white, black and green interiors plays off an iconic French Art Nuevo motif, by allowing for its contemporary reinterpretation, whilst translating it across various scales, textures and usages. The brief handed over to the architects demanded a contemporary understanding of a traditional French Bistro, complete with identifiable elements such as a long serving bar, multiple backboards and French inspired moldings, hosting approximately 70 covers. The primary concern, to both client and the designers was in crafting out a delicate balance between a traditional bistroesque atmosphere and an upscale South Mumbai destination, being mindful to not simply the re-creation of a mid-twentieth century Parisian coffee shop within a contemporary Indian city.
Image Courtesy Shroffleon
- Architects: Shroffleon
- Project: Chez Vous @ Sundance
- Location: Mumbai, Maharasthra, India
- Team: Kayzad Shroff, Maria I J leon, Pujan Shah
- Project Area: 1400 sq ft.