Archive for the ‘Cancer Center’ Category
Tuesday, May 10th, 2016
Article source: Foster + Partner
The new Maggie’s Cancer Centre in the grounds of The Christie Hospital in Manchester was opened today by HRH The Duchess of Cornwall – the president of Maggie’s. During her tour of the building, Her Royal Highness was introduced to the rationale behind the design by Lord Foster, who was born and raised in Manchester and is a cancer survivor. The new centre will further the charity’s aim to provide free practical, emotional and social support to cancer patients across the UK.
Image Courtesy © Nigel Young
- Architects: Foster + Partner
- Project: New Maggie’s Cancer Centre
- Location: Manchester, England, UK
- Photography: Nigel Young
Sunday, May 1st, 2016
Article source: ZGF Architects LLP
Designed as a user-centric and regionally-focused facility, the new St. Charles Bend Cancer Center is a true testament to patient-centered design. It manifests the completion of a long-cherished vision to consolidate key radiation and oncology services in one location and an opportunity to design a facility, through Lean tools and methods, that enhance caregiver productivity and increases patient satisfaction. The building’s design also draws upon Central Oregon’s inspiring landscape of dessert and mountain vistas, which has also lured some of the nation’s best oncology specialists, making Bend an oasis of hope and health. The design goal was to create a relaxing and peaceful healing environment and to bring a spa-like space to the clinical setting. The designers used a soothing color palette, warm wood tones and carefully selected artwork and photography from local artist that depict the natural scenery of Bend and its beautiful surrounding landscape. Open, bright spaces, sweeping views and a meticulously programmed interior combine to create a world-class cancer center and a true place of healing for the body and soul. An outdoor deck off the infusion room cantilevers over the healing garden, giving staff and patients a sunny porch on which to relax. When weather permits, patients also have the option of receiving treatment in an outdoor infusion garden, where moods can be elevated by sunshine, mountain air, whimsical sculpture and the distant mountain views.
Designed as a user-centric and regionally-focused facility, the new St. Charles Bend Cancer Center is a true testament to patient-centered design. Open, bright spaces, sweeping views and a meticulously programmed interior combine to create a world-class cancer center and a true place of healing for the body and soul, Image Courtesy © Pete Eckert
- Architects: ZGF Architects LLP
- Project: St. Charles Bend Cancer Center
- Location: Bend, Oregon, USA
- Photography: Pete Eckert
- Total GSF: 24,000 GSF
- Completion date: August 2014
Saturday, February 15th, 2014
Article source: POLYFORM
“Design a house that invites the patient in and creates room for life”- this was the challenge Copenhagen Architects POLYFORM received from The Danish Cancer Society when entering the contest to design a cancer counseling center in Aalborg, Denmark.
Image Courtesy © Ty Stange
- Architects: POLYFORM
- Project: Cancer Counseling Center
- Location: Aalborg, Denmark
- Photography: Ty Stange
- Client: The Danish Cancer Society
- Project Team: Jonas Sangberg, Thomas Kock, Henrik Thomas Faurskov, Frederik Friborg, Christoffer Lissau Lund, Jette Kristensen, Signe Hertzum og Mette Susanne Hansen.
- Engineers: Grontmij
- Contractor: HP Byg
- Size: 1.000 square metres
- Type: Cancer counseling centre
- Project Year: 2012
- Inauguration: 2013
- Total cost: 14,5 mio DKK (aprox. 2 mio. Euro)
Thursday, May 24th, 2012
Article source: c|a Architects
The Memorial Care Todd Cancer Institute is a nationally recognized healthcare leader in cancer diagnoses,treatment and research. The Todd Cancer Pavilion will not only provide a state-of-the-art medical facility for the institute to practice leading edge cancer care and research, it will also be seen by the patients and community as an iconic center for healing in Long Beach and southern California.
2nd floor lobby
- Architects: c|a Architects
- Project: New Pavilion for the Memorial Care Todd Cancer Institute at Long Beach Memorial
- Location: Long Beach, CA
Thursday, March 15th, 2012
Article source: WE Architecture
The new Cancer Care Center in Naestved is located in close proximity to the regional Hospital. The purpose of the center is helping anyone affected by cancer through professional help in exceptional buildings specifically designed for this.
Cancer Care Center
- Architects: WE Architecture
- Project: Oasis
- Location: Naestved, Denmark
- Assignment: Invited competition
- Type: Cancer Caring Centre
- Client: Kræftens bekæmpelse & Realdania
- Year: 2012
- Team: Marc Jay, Julie Schmidt-Nielsen, Nora Fossum, Rasmus Røgen, Justin Cua, Karen Shiue, Kristian Hindsberg, Lasma Grigone&Casper Berntsen
- Software used: Adobe Indesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Rhino, V-ray, 3ds max, AutoCad 2012
Tuesday, November 8th, 2011
Article source: OMA
The aim of a Maggie’s is to provide an environment of practical and emotional support for people with cancer, their families and friends. Since the opening of the first Maggie’s in Edinburgh in 1996, the Maggie’s Cancer Caring Centres foundation has grown substantially, commissioning and developing a series of innovative buildings designed by world class architects. While contemporary architecture has a reputation, deservedly or not, for being at times cold or alienating, the goal of each Maggie’s – whether in Glasgow, London, or Hong Kong – is to provide a space where people feel at home and cared for, a space that is warm, receptive, and welcoming.
Image Courtesy Philippe Ruault
- Architects: OMA
- Project: Maggie’s Cancer Caring Centres
- Location:Glasgow, Scotland
- Client: Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust
- Status: Completed September 2011
- Site: A green knoll on the grounds of Gartnavel Hospital.
- Program: 534 m2 comprising counseling rooms, sitting rooms, offices and a large multi-purpose space.
- Partners in charge: Rem Koolhaas, Ellen van Loon
- Associate in charge: Richard Hollington III
- Photography: Philippe Ruault
- Team: Atsuo Arii, Josh Beck, Alexander Giarlis, Stephen Hodgson, Takuya Hosokai, Maria-Chiara Piccinelli, Koen Stockbroekx
Thursday, September 1st, 2011
Article source: HKS, Inc.
The synergy of the Centro de Cancer ABC (American British Cowdray Cancer Center) creates an optimal treatment environment for patients challenged with persevering through an intimidating and life-changing experience.
Image Courtesy Blake Marvin, HKS, Inc.
- Architects: HKS, Inc.
- Project: ABC Cancer Center
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Client: American British Cowdray Hospital
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Project Type: Cancer Center
- Total Construction Cost: $10.5 mill USD