Archive for the ‘Cancer Center’ Category
Thursday, May 24th, 2012
Article source: c|a Architects
The Memorial Care Todd Cancer Institute is a nationally recognized healthcare leader in cancer diagnoses,treatment and research. The Todd Cancer Pavilion will not only provide a state-of-the-art medical facility for the institute to practice leading edge cancer care and research, it will also be seen by the patients and community as an iconic center for healing in Long Beach and southern California.
2nd floor lobby
- Architects: c|a Architects
- Project: New Pavilion for the Memorial Care Todd Cancer Institute at Long Beach Memorial
- Location: Long Beach, CA
Thursday, March 15th, 2012
Article source: WE Architecture
The new Cancer Care Center in Naestved is located in close proximity to the regional Hospital. The purpose of the center is helping anyone affected by cancer through professional help in exceptional buildings specifically designed for this.
Cancer Care Center
- Architects: WE Architecture
- Project: Oasis
- Location: Naestved, Denmark
- Assignment: Invited competition
- Type: Cancer Caring Centre
- Client: Kræftens bekæmpelse & Realdania
- Year: 2012
- Team: Marc Jay, Julie Schmidt-Nielsen, Nora Fossum, Rasmus Røgen, Justin Cua, Karen Shiue, Kristian Hindsberg, Lasma Grigone&Casper Berntsen
- Software used: Adobe Indesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Rhino, V-ray, 3ds max, AutoCad 2012
Tuesday, November 8th, 2011
Article source: OMA
The aim of a Maggie’s is to provide an environment of practical and emotional support for people with cancer, their families and friends. Since the opening of the first Maggie’s in Edinburgh in 1996, the Maggie’s Cancer Caring Centres foundation has grown substantially, commissioning and developing a series of innovative buildings designed by world class architects. While contemporary architecture has a reputation, deservedly or not, for being at times cold or alienating, the goal of each Maggie’s – whether in Glasgow, London, or Hong Kong – is to provide a space where people feel at home and cared for, a space that is warm, receptive, and welcoming.
Image Courtesy Philippe Ruault
- Architects: OMA
- Project: Maggie’s Cancer Caring Centres
- Location:Glasgow, Scotland
- Client: Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust
- Status: Completed September 2011
- Site: A green knoll on the grounds of Gartnavel Hospital.
- Program: 534 m2 comprising counseling rooms, sitting rooms, offices and a large multi-purpose space.
- Partners in charge: Rem Koolhaas, Ellen van Loon
- Associate in charge: Richard Hollington III
- Photography: Philippe Ruault
- Team: Atsuo Arii, Josh Beck, Alexander Giarlis, Stephen Hodgson, Takuya Hosokai, Maria-Chiara Piccinelli, Koen Stockbroekx
Thursday, September 1st, 2011
Article source: HKS, Inc.
The synergy of the Centro de Cancer ABC (American British Cowdray Cancer Center) creates an optimal treatment environment for patients challenged with persevering through an intimidating and life-changing experience.
Image Courtesy Blake Marvin, HKS, Inc.
- Architects: HKS, Inc.
- Project: ABC Cancer Center
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Client: American British Cowdray Hospital
- Type of Construction: New Construction
- Project Type: Cancer Center
- Total Construction Cost: $10.5 mill USD