Archive for the ‘Commercial Area’ Category
Wednesday, January 18th, 2017
Article source: ANX / Aaron Neubert Architects, Inc.
On a gritty stretch of Venice Boulevard in Los Angeles, the PSPMLA office sits on a previously vacant 2,500 sf infill commercial parcel. Dubbed the “Light Box” for its simple geometry slotted in acknowledgement of the natural solar conditions, the 2,200 sf office for a boutique property management firm discretely slips into the streetscape of tightly packed auto body shops, neon sign fabricators, digital printers, and various light commercial businesses. The design expands upon the urban texture of the street, while also carving out a bright, naturally illuminated respite for the office staff and their clientele.
Image Courtesy © Brian Thomas Jones
- Architects: ANX / Aaron Neubert Architects, Inc.
- Project: Light Box
- Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
- Photography: Brian Thomas Jones
- Software used: Rhino
- Project Team: Aaron Neubert (Principal), David Chong (Project Architect), Jeremy Limsenben, Xiran Zhang
- Structural Engineer: Gordon Polon Consulting Engineers
- General Contractor: Bulson
- Steel Fabrication: CWI/Fred Vasquez
- Millwork Fabrication: Dan Taron and Bulson
Saturday, January 14th, 2017
Article source: Leppanen + Anker
It is a 14 story, 15,000 m2 mixed use building: commercial on the lower floor, offices for the next four floors and residential units on the next nine floors.
The building is located at an important intersection within the city where urban elements converge, such as a new metro stop, an important government building, a commercial shopping center and the most emblematic park of the city. Being the first new construction in this zone and highly visible, the building attempts to combine the many existing and new diverse elements through movements that bring new shadow lines reflections and points of view.
Image Courtesy © Sebastián Crespo
- Architects: Leppanen + Anker
- Project: Gaia Building
- Location: Ecuador
- Photography: Sebastián Crespo
- Interior Architecture: Uribe & Schwarzkopf
- Promoter / Owner and Construction: Uribe & Schwarzkopf
- Team L+A architects: Aaron Leppanen (Principal), Gabriela Anker (Principal), Sofía Chávez , Caroline Dieden, Alberto Játiva
- Area: 15,000 m2 (5 subfloors. 14 floors plus terrace)
- Date: 2016
Saturday, January 14th, 2017
Article source: Gottesman-Szmelcman Architecture
Gottesman-Szmelcman Architecture, the award-winning architectural firm based in Israel and France founded by architects Asaf Gottesman and Ami Szmelcman, unveiled last month their latest project: OVO Wroclaw, a mixed-use, grandiose “blob-like” architectural structure combining residential, commercial, hospitality and retail spaces in the heart of Poland’s fourth largest city, Wroclaw.
Exterior View of OVO Wroclaw, Image Courtesy © Kamil Czaja
Sunday, January 8th, 2017
Article source: ODS
This was an architectural project for the design of Daimaru Kyoto, Gion Machiya, as a part of Daimaru’s 300th anniversary for its foundation. We also conducted the interior design of < Hermès Gion-mise> as the first shop opened in this traditional Japanese house.
The site is located along Hanamikoji Street, which goes through the center of Gion area in Kyoto city with traditional townscape. We renovated and transformed a town house previously used as a tea house/ residence into the store.
Image Courtesy © Takumi Ota
- Architects: ODS (Koichiro Oniki)
- Project: Hermès Gion-mise
- Location: Kyoto, Japan
- Photography: Takumi Ota
- Software used: Rhinoceros and Maxwell Render
- Dimension: 212 square meters
- Design time: from July 2015
- Finishing time: November 2016
Sunday, January 8th, 2017
Article source: Aedas
Located in front of the Sanya High-speed Railway Station, Sanya Integrated Commercial and Transportation Hub is a mixed-use tourist attraction and transportation hub. It will feature a retail podium, shopping streets village, a hotel, serviced apartments, a wedding event hall, a cinema, a children’s playground and a sky garden, all of which are linked to the high-speed rail and tram stations as well as the bus terminal.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Sanya Integrated Commercial and Transportation Hub
- Location: Sanya, China
- Client: Bestway Investment Asia Pte Ltd
- Director: Kevin Wang
- Gross floor area: 121,388 sqm (above ground); 153,854 sqm (below ground)
- Completion year: 2019
Friday, December 9th, 2016
Article source: SWBI Architects Pvt. Ltd
As one meanders through the busy bustling roads of Udyog Vihar commercial hub in Phase 4, one really can’t miss the imposing terracotta cladded edifice with its imposing presence around the corner. The address neighborhood has found its landmark in the form of 505, Udyog Vihar called Konterra.
Located at a prominent location of Udyog Vihar at the gateway of Gurgaon near the bygone toll plaza off NH-8, Konterra is at a stone throw distance from Indira Gandhi International Airport – IGI Airport, with just a mere 10 minutes from the airport. That’s a perfect location for the travelling working professionals in Konterra to enjoy a sweet ride where their not-so-blessed compatriots are struggling to get to the airport from other locations. It can veritably be garlanded as the best location in Udyog Vihar, easily accessible from NH-8. Flanked by NH-8 and the Old Delhi Gurgaon Road, Konterra’s residents enjoy a twin commutable spine which otherwise is a terrific boon to already road strapped users in Gurugram.
Image Courtesy © SWBI Architects Pvt. Ltd
Wednesday, November 9th, 2016
Article source: Zhaoyang Architects
This is a renovation project. The property was originally an abandoned office facility located at the center of Dali old town, including a traditional Bai style timber building, a bungalow made of brick and concrete and a 200 sqm courtyard. The property has been rented by a local lifestyle brand “Chaimiduo” and renovated into a farm restaurant, a farmer’s supermarket, a gallery for local handicraft and space for “Chaimiduo Bazaar” that opens once a week.
The idea of the renovation is mainly about redefining the courtyard’s four different sides using ad-hoc strategies.
View from the courtyard, Image Courtesy © Pengfei Wang
- Architects: Zhaoyang Architects
- Project: Chaimiduo Farm Restaurant and Bazaar
- Location: Dali, Yunnan, China
- Photography: Pengfei Wang
- Design Team: Yang Zhao, Peigen Shang
- Interior Designer for the restaurant: XuCai
- Client: Chaimiduo Team
- Property Area: 647m2
- Building Area: 631m2
- Cost: 1,400,000rmb
- Design Phase: May, 2015 – September, 2015
- Construction Phase: June, 2015 – March, 2016
Friday, November 4th, 2016
Article source: Li Yizhong Interior Design
POLY Hyde Park Sales Center located in the Foshan CBD, Sino-German Industrial Services Zone is the prosperous business core of future Foshan.
The sales center is oriental design with a modern flair.
Image Courtesy © Li Yizhong Interior Design
- Architects: Li Yizhong Interior Design
- Project: POLY Hyde Park Sales Center
- Location: Foshan, Guangdong Province, China
- Project Team: Li Yizhong, Fan Yihua, Xiong Can, Huang Qiang, Ou Xueting, Sun Bin, Ye Zenghui, Wang Qunbo, Hu Peng
- Architects: UDG (United Design Group)
- Landscape Design: L&A Design Group
- Service: Interior Design and Soft Furnishings Plan
- Materials: Grey Storm Marble, Blue Galaxy Marble, Flamed Marble, Dark Wood Finish, Light Wood Finish, Black Mirror Stainless Steel, Copper Wire Drawing of Stainless Steel, Hard Cloth Fabric and Wooden Floor
- Area: 1,000 square meters
Tuesday, October 25th, 2016
Article source: Valdemar Coutinho Arquitectos
The program is based on the recovery of the existing building for two apartment and a large commercial / services space.
The building, with an area of deployment of 315m2 consists of ground floor and two floors.
Image Courtesy © V. Santos
- Architects: Valdemar Coutinho Arquitectos
- Project: E. Conde da Carreira
- Location: Viana do Castelo, Portugal
- Photography: V. Santos
- Areage(m2): 564m2
- Complete time: 2016
Thursday, October 6th, 2016
Article source: Edgley Design
Godson Street is a new-build 1,015 sq m mixed-use development in Islington, central London. It is the result of a Community Joint Venture, set up by three partner groups who were neighbours of the vacant brownfield site and came together to purchase the site and develop it in partnership.
Image Courtesy © Edgley Design