Archive for the ‘Community Centre’ Category
Wednesday, March 5th, 2014
Article source: atelier tom vanhee
The meeting centre offers accommodation to various community activities. The complex of buildings consists of successive constructions, ranging from a 19th century school building and an old town hall to an industrial construction from the 1990s. The dilapidated storage building makes place for enlargement of the meeting hall.
Image Courtesy © Filip Dujardin
- Architects: atelier tom vanhee
- Project: COMMUNITY CENTRE WESTVLETEREN
- Location: Westvleterendorp 13, 8640 Westvleteren
- Photography: Filip Dujardin
- CLIENT: Municipality Vleteren, province West-Vlaanderen
- CONCEPT TEAM: atelier tom vanhee met ontwerpgroep
- STUDY OF STABILITY: S.C.E.S. , Brugge
- BRUTO SURFACE: 690 m²
- CONCEPT: 2009 – 2010
- EXECUTION: 2011 – 2012
Thursday, February 27th, 2014
Article source: rue royale architectes
At the core of the urban renewal project for the Mireuil district of La Rochelle, “La Queue du Lézard” (“The Lizard’s Tail”) is a complex of local community amenities which is part of a plan proposed by ANRU (the French National Agency for Urban Renewal) developed together with landscape designers from the In Situ firm. A community centre, city sports grounds and a games library are grouped together in a 200 m long narrow strip made up of alternating built elements and voids.
Image Courtesy © rue royale architectes
- Architects: rue royale architectes
- Project: La Queue du Lézard
- Location: La Rochelle, N.W. France
- Photography: Philippe Maillot
- Client: City of La Rochelle
- Programme: Community centre Le Pertuis, City sports, Games library under construction
- Total area: 2 390 m2 (community centre 1 700 m2, games library 690 m2)
- Cost: 4 360 000€ HT, community centre 2 970 000 €HT, games library 1 390 000 €HT
- Performances: Low Consumption Building project, The Community centre was selectionned for the first edition of the, «Off du DD» in 2012.
- Schedule: Concours 2008, Livraison centre social 2012, Livraison city stade 2013, Livraison ludothèque 2014
Sunday, February 2nd, 2014
Article source: Pu Miao Architecture
With modern buildings increasingly being designed as one large and centralized mass, this design revisited the decentralized model. Catering for senior residents living in the apartments around the park, the community center has a porous exterior appearance which resembles a forest that attracts people to enter.
Middle part of south elevation, Image Courtesy © Pu Miao Architecture
- Architects: Pu Miao Architecture
- Project: Kangju Community Center
- Location: Kunshan, China
- Software used: Autocad 2005.
- Project Period: 2005-2006
- Client: Kunshan City Construction, Investment and Development Co., Ltd.
- Landscape: Zhuang Wei (Shanghai Landscape Architecture Design Institute, same below)
- Structure: Xu Man
- Plumbing: Li Wen
- Electrical Engineering: Zhou Leyan
Sunday, December 22nd, 2013
Article source: AKETURI ARCHITEKTAI
One last building of demolished Rietavas manor – coach house – has been reconstructed to cultural community center to meet today’s needs. It hosts 2 multipurpose halls, local bussines development agency, tourist information center, holds in total 1800 sq.m.
Image Courtesy © Norbert Tukaj
- Architects: AKETURI ARCHITEKTAI
- Project: Coach-house reconstruction of Rietavas manor
- Location: Rietavas, Lithuania
- Photography: Norbert Tukaj
- Collaborating offices: LietuvosPaminklai (AstaMeškauskienė)
- Structural engineering: KlaipėdosProjektas (LeonasAužbikavičius)
- HVAC engineering: KlaipėdosProjektas
- Project management: KlaipėdosProjektas (JuozapasTilvikas)
- Project year: 2009
- Constructions: 2010-2013
Tuesday, October 29th, 2013
Article source: RCKa
RCKa played a key role in the genesis of the project, having identified the full extent of local authority site ownership and the opportunity to replace a structurally unsound facility with one wholly aligned with emerging youth provision policy.
The practice also identified the capital funding stream (having worked on the part-funded OPEN youth venue in Norwich), and were instrumental in the preparation of a funding bid to the government’s MyPlace scheme, which was subsequently selected from over 240 competing bids.
Image Courtesy © Ioana Marinescu and Jakob Spriestersbach
- Architects: RCKa
- Project: The New Generation Youth and Community Centre
- Location: Wells Park, Lewisham, London
- Photography: Ioana Marinescu and Jakob Spriestersbach
- Software used: SketchUp and Bentley Microstation
Friday, October 11th, 2013
Article source: Stanton Williams
Hackney Marshes is a unique place. With its origins in ancient woodland and medieval common land, it remains a vast open space. It is a place set apart from the city by a boundary of trees and by the River Lea. Yet it also connects communities, being an important green space in a densely-populated area. In addition, as the London home of amateur Sunday League football, it draws people from across the capital.
Image Courtesy © Hufton & Crow
- Architects: Stanton Williams
- Project: Hackney Marshes Centre
- Location: London, England
- Photography: Hufton & Crow, David Grandorge Andy Spain
- Construction value: £5.69m
- Cost per sq m: £1695/sq m
- Construction Start date: Nov. 2009
- Completion Date: Nov. 2010
- Project Duration: 2 Years
- Construction phase: 1 Year
- Number of Occupants: Maximum 1080
- Gross Internal Area: 3060m2
Friday, August 16th, 2013
Article source: Bastiaan Jongerius Architecten
Zuidoostbeemster is a gardeners village close to Amsterdam next to the Beemster. The Beemster is a special polder put on the World Heritage List of UNESCO in 1999. Zuidoostbeemster is a village with estates of merchants from Amsterdam who initiated this polder.The inhabitants of this village will be double this decade and this growth asks to take action. “De Boomgaard” plays a part in this plan. The building is situated between the old existing village and the new extension of Zuidoostbeemster.
Image Courtesy © Bastiaan Jongerius Architecten
Thursday, June 6th, 2013
Article source: OOIIO Architecture
Madrid-based OOIIO Architecture has developed a landmark hotel building in Lima, Perú. OOIIO have designed this singular hotel for a Latin American promoter interested in creating a unique, innovative and worldwide recognizable building with a moderate investment. The building is located in Lima, a city which is enjoying nowadays a constant growth.
Image courtesy OOIIO Architecture
- Architects: OOIIO Architecture
- Project: Hotel + Congress Center
- Location: Lima, Peru
- Area: 16.070m2.
- Team: Joaquín Millán Villamuelas, Lourdes Martinez Nieto, Cristina Vicario del Cojo, Patricia Moreno Blasco
Friday, May 31st, 2013
Article source: brandlhuber+ architekten
Werner Düttmann was one of post-war-architecture’s most influental figures in West-Berlin. Not only as long term head of the town planning deapartment, especially as architect, he shapped West-Berlins face. Among his work are buildings such as the Academy of the Arts in Berlin’s Hansaviertel or the Brücke-Museum.
Image Courtesy © Johann König, Wolf Lücking
- Architects: brandlhuber+ architekten
- Project: St Agnes
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Photography: Nathan Willock,Wolf Lücking,Ingeborg Lommatzsch, OMA
- Team: Schneider Peter Behrbohm, Klara Bindl, Tobias Hönig, Cornelia Müller, Markus Rampl, Paul Reinhardt
- Landscape Planning: June 14 Meyer-Grohbrügge & Chermayeff
- Structural Engineers: Robert Hartfiel, Andreas Schulz / Pichler Ingenieure
- Client: Johann and Lena König
- Years: 2012 – (ongoing)
Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013
Article source: Chyutin Architects
The municipality of Hod-Hasharon was established as a cluster of four colonies or neighborhoods, each of which has its own center of public activities. The aim of the proposed municipal civic center is to create a complex of public services in an area common to the four neighborhoods, to unite them into a municipal fabric.
Image Courtesy Chyutin Architects
- Architects: Chyutin Architects
- Project: Municipal Civic Center
- Location: Hod Ha’Sharon, Israel
- Project area: 24 acres
- Project Team: Chyutin Bracha, Chyutin Michael, Dahan Jacques
- Status: Competition entry 2012 – 2nd prize