Archive for the ‘Cultural Center’ Category
Thursday, June 6th, 2013
Article source: FREE – Fernando Romero EnterprisE
PH Museum is a 3800m2 cultural institution designed to showcase photography and photographic equipment. Situated in a desert climate, the museum’s form functions as a large canopy, providing shaded public outdoor areas that are complemented by water features and local vegetation.
Image Courtesy FREE – Fernando Romero EnterprisE
- Architects: FREE – Fernando Romero EnterprisE
- Project: PH Museum
- Program: Cultural
- Size: 3800 M2
- Date: 2012
- Team: Fernando Romero, Sergio Rebelo, Antonia Wai, Ryan Kukuraitis, Fernando Torres, Yimin Yang, Luying Guo, Kai Liao, Alex Middleton
Wednesday, June 5th, 2013
Article source: G+F Arquitectos
The aim of the project was to restore the old house of the priest, then property of the Townhall, to turn it into the new Casa de la Cultura (House of Culture). Such building was structured in ground floor and two more, and the current state of the building was determining for the design, as only the exterior walls remained in a good condition.
Image Courtesy G+F Arquitecto
- Architects: G+F Arquitectos
- Project: Casa de la Cultura
- Location: Calle Real, Poveda de la Sierra, Guadalajara, Spain
- Authors María Antonia Fernández Nieto, Jorge Gallego-Sánchez-Torija
- Promotor: Ayuntamiento de Poveda de la Sierra
- Colaborators: Pilar Peña Tarancon, Jesús García Herrero, Inés Patiño Meijide
Wednesday, June 5th, 2013
Article source: 10AM Architecture
The Museum of Underwater Archaeology is based on three main principles:
Transforming a SYMBOL of a post-industrial era into a SYMBOL of cultural infrastructure.
UTILITY – creating human scale and dynamic visual and communication connections from a distance and in close-up view.
ECOLOGICAL and HEDONISTIC SUSTAINABILITY – using the natural and climate resources and aesthetic emotional potential of the site.
Image Courtesy 10AM Architecture
- Architects: 10AM Architecture
- Project: Piraeus Cultural Coast
- Location: Vouneuil-sur-Vienne, Greece
- Software used: AutoCAD, 3DStudio MAX, CorelDRAW and Photoshop
Wednesday, June 5th, 2013
Article source: TheeAe LTD
We believe change or new is not a sole creation from nothing but rather evolution from the past. Designing the cultural center was a task to reveal what could be the image of modern and contemporary Taiwan Architecture. Cultural center is a good place to express the identity of the Taiwan.
Image courtesy TheeAe LTD
- Architects: TheeAe LTD
- Project: Wooden Wave
- Location: Taiwan
- Site Area: 26,000 sm
- Construction Size: Level B2 ~ L5
- Total floor area: 67,000 sm
- Building Cost: USD 80,000,000. 00
- Architect: Woohyun Cho
Thursday, May 30th, 2013
Article source: K+P Architects
“All the ways in which human beings overcome their original barbarism, and through artifice, become fully human”. Definition of culture by Samuel Pufendorf. As the above definition of culture our intervention is focused in two different states of the building. The first, their “primitive” state, reflected by the agglomeration of all vital functions for the operation of a building (infrastructure core).
Image courtesy K+P Architects
- Architects: K+P Architects
- Project: Chapultepec Cultural Center
- Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
- Project Team: Shamsudin Kerimov, Bruno Barbosa, Inês Ferreira (Russia+Portugal)
Sunday, May 26th, 2013
Article source: Arquitectos Ayala
In Venice, right to the entrance of the Giardini is the Spanish pavilion of the Biennial. Without prejudice to more thorough interventions later, the pavilion façade –and the pavilion as a whole for that matter- urgently needed to present an image befitting a country emerging strongly in the heart of Europe.
Image Courtesy Arquitectos Ayala
- Architects: Arquitectos Ayala
- Project: Spanish Pavilion IX Venice Architecture Biennial
- Location: Venice, Italy
Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013
Article source: Chyutin Architects
The municipality of Hod-Hasharon was established as a cluster of four colonies or neighborhoods, each of which has its own center of public activities. The aim of the proposed municipal civic center is to create a complex of public services in an area common to the four neighborhoods, to unite them into a municipal fabric.
Image Courtesy Chyutin Architects
- Architects: Chyutin Architects
- Project: Municipal Civic Center
- Location: Hod Ha’Sharon, Israel
- Project area: 24 acres
- Project Team: Chyutin Bracha, Chyutin Michael, Dahan Jacques
- Status: Competition entry 2012 – 2nd prize
Saturday, May 18th, 2013
Article source: 2NE Architecture
Reorganization of an old agricultural college to include four meeting rooms, classrooms, activity rooms – Construction of a building of 1050 m² including an auditorium with 300 seats, a dance studio, a gym, a foyer and a exhibition space. With its terrace filled with magnificent trees and traditional houses, the Place de l’Abbaye is one of the most beautiful places in the village of La Châtre.
Image courtesy 2NE Architecture
- Architects: 2NE Architecture
- Project: Youth House of Culture and Knowledge
- Location: La Châtre, France
- Contractor: Community of Communes La Chatre Sainte-Sévère
- Area: 1652m2
- Cost: € 2 006 688
- Year: 2012
- Photographs: 2NE Architecture
Wednesday, May 15th, 2013
Article source: Estudi D’arquitectura Toni Gironès
During the January of 2007, the construction works of a secondary pipe of the water distribution mains in Segarra-Garrigues system, caused an unexpected appearance of archaeological ruins from an ancient construction for 4.800 years in Seró (Artesa de Segre, Lleida). The most important point of this discovery was the megalithic nature of sandstone slabs and specially the accuracy of geometrical decoration sculpted. Stones with soft relief that, at the same time, were parts of ancient statues reused from a previous sculptural monument.
Image Courtesy © Aitor Estévez
- Architects: Estudi D’arquitectura Toni Gironès
- Project: Espacio Transmisor Del Túmulo | Dolmen Megalítico De Seró
- Location: Seró-Artesa De Segre, Lleida, Spain
- Photography: Aitor Estevez, Toni Gironès, Antonio Cayuelas
- Collaborator: Dani Rebugent
- Technical Architects: Brufau I Cusó S.L.P
- Structural Engineer: Boma Inpasa S.L.P, ESTUDI XV S.C.P
- Services: Oriol Vidal Ingenieria
- Archeologists: Pep Castellsy Joan Lopez
- Promotor: Ayuntamiento De Artesa De Segre
- Constructor: Construcciones Orgèl·Lia S.L. Y Construcciones Germans Gilaber S.L.
- Construction Manager: Ignasi Gilabert
- Industrial Principals: Instal·Lacions Vilana S.L., Fusteria Gilibet S.L.
- Budget: 348.952,44 €
Sunday, May 12th, 2013
Article source: Keio University SFC Hironori Matsubara Laboratory
This building has built by “grass-root grant aid fund” of Ministry of Foreign Affairs(Japan) in area of Gombe Institute of Pedagogique, the center part of Kinshasa city, D.R. Congo. The plan is 19m×19m and single story building. Semi-exterior penetrates the building and connects different rooms– training hall, classroom, office, tea ceremony room etc.
Image Courtesy © Tokyo Matsubara and Architects
- Architects: Hironori Matsubara, Keio University SFC Hironori Matsubara Laboratory
- Project: Japanese Cultural Center of D.R. Congo
- Location: North area of Gombe Institute of Pedagogigue, Pere Bokaavenue, area of Gombe, Kinshasa city, D.R. Congo
- Photography: Tokyo Matsubara and Architects
- Total floor area: 271.3 sq. m
- Design period: Dec 2011 – Mar 2012
- Construction period: Mar 2012 –Mar 2013
- Completion: Mar 2013
- Construction: ACADEX local volunteer’s construction team
- Client: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Japan