Archive for the ‘Kitchen’ Category
Saturday, March 18th, 2017
Article source: Graham Baba Architects
The first half of the 20th-century was a time of growth and dignity for downtown Yakima. Presidents Roosevelt and Taft visited the emerging agricultural center where the main street featured fountains, grand theaters, and stately, multi-story brick-and-masonry buildings. By mid-century, however, most of these structures had been demolished to make way for parking lots as businesses struggled to keep their downtown relevant and residents fled to the suburbs.
Image Courtesy © Lara Swimmer
- Architects: Graham Baba Architects
- Project: Cowiche Canyon Kitchen and Ice Bar
- Location: Yakima, Washington, USA
- Photography: Lara Swimmer, Jenn LaFreniere
Sunday, February 5th, 2017
Article source: ANX / Aaron Neubert Architects, Inc.
OZU East Kitchen, located in the Atwater Village neighborhood of Los Angeles, is the prototype and initial brand identity for a suite of restaurants focusing on Japanese and Korean influenced cuisine served in a fast-casual environment. Inspired by the technical craftsmanship and narrative clarity of the art of legendary Japanese filmmaker Yasujiro Ozu, the restaurant design is a study in the potential of a minimal yet visually and materially rich palette to generate an immersive and socially dynamic environment.
Image Courtesy © Alen Lin
- Architects: ANX / Aaron Neubert Architects, Inc.
- Project: OZU
- Location: Atwater Village Neighborhood , Los Angeles, California, USA
- Photography: Alen Lin
- Project Team: Aaron Neubert (Principal), Jeremy Limsenben (Project Architect), Xiran Zhang, Jina Seo, David Chong
- Structural Engineer: FJ Engineering + Design
- Expediting and MEP Engineer: FE Design & Consulting
- General Contractor: Mandoyan Construction Company
- Steel Fabrication: CWI/Fred Vasquez
- Millwork Fabrication: Dan Taron
Tuesday, October 4th, 2016
Article source: RÄS studio
We are an architecture studio from Barcelona that grew among the floods –and the delusions– from another generation. We closely walk with our projects, questioning assumed models and redrawing possible relationships between the architect, the space and who inhabits it. The result is a thoughtful and efficient architecture, sensitive but bold, and as affordable as shocking. Here we present three of our projects.
Image Courtesy © Adrià Goula
- Architects: RÄS studio (Clàudia Raurell, Joan Astallé, Marc Peiró)
- Project: La Olivia
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Adrià Goula
- Date: December 2015
Wednesday, August 10th, 2016
Article source: Marmur Studio
At first glance, the goal was clear. Modernize an existing kitchen cum dining room located on the ground floor of a single-family home. How appearances can be deceiving! In conversation with the owners, we discovered that half of the house was to later serve as an office. As the office side would face the garden, the original idea was to build a long corridor leading from the kitchen to the terrace door. Our proposal to switch the location of the kitchen and office at first surprised the owners but, after consideration, was found to offer an ideal solution – a functional arrangement separating work space from home life while concomitantly providing the kitchen with a beautiful garden view.
Image Courtesy © Maciej Lulko
- Architects: Marmur Studio
- Project: White marble
- Location: Chojnow, Poland
- Photography: Maciej Lulko
- Designer: Anna Kolodzinska (Marmur Studio)
- Area: 25m2
Thursday, July 16th, 2015
Article source: Kiwi & Pom
BOTANIC KITCHEN AT WYEVALE GARDEN CENTRES – Kiwi & Pom brings horticultural joy to garden centre restaurants.
Wyevale Garden Centres has transformed perceptions of garden centre restaurants with its new Botanic Kitchen concept, designed by Kiwi & Pom.
Image Courtesy © Kiwi & Pom
Thursday, April 9th, 2015
Article source: VIPP
Vipp is up-scaling its classic accessories and recent kitchen and bathroom modules to build shelters. The driving ambition of the Danish company means that you can now match your kitchen and its accessories to your nature retreat. The result is a modern escape, powerful in its simplicity yet packed with exquisitely conceived details.
Image Courtesy © Vipp
Project: Vipp seeks shelter (more…)
Saturday, January 31st, 2015
Article source: Frits de Vries Architect Ltd
A centralized kitchen on the main level acts as the hub of daily conventions and social gatherings for this single-family house set on a generous south-sloping lot. The grade has been manipulated to allow a walk-out side garden from the lower floor suite while preserving the garden relationship to the main floor living room, library and front entry. The main and upper floor spaces walk out to spacious patios and decks, ranging from private lounging areas to overlooking landscaped vistas. The 2-bedroom rental and nanny suite on the lower level also have their own dedicated walk out patios and sunken gardens, equal in light and spacial quality to the levels above. The crisp, looming roof lines highlight the beauty of the natural cedar soffits while sitting comfortably on a minimal material pallet of stucco, glass, detailed metal, concrete and featured marble slabs.
Image Courtesy © Frits de Vries Architect Ltd
Wednesday, October 8th, 2014
Article source: TakeshiShikauchi Architect Office
According to Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, it is said that there are 1.29 million condominium apartments which is over 30 years old and it is estimated to increase up to 4.47 million in 30 years. Residents will get old together with the building and there will be many cases that refurbishment and rehabilitation are not possible due to the cost repair issues. It could lead to vacancy and turn into slum centering in urban areas.Imbalance of generation, aging of residents and dilapidated buildings are something that are inextricable to each other.
Image Courtesy © KouichiTorimura
- Architects: TakeshiShikauchi Architect Office
- Project: Bath Kitchen House
- Location: Funabashi, Chiba prefecture
- Photography: KouichiTorimura
- Composition of family: Couple + 2 children+cat
- Square footage: 41.01m2
- Structure & scale: RC, 8 floors (40 years old)
- Construction: Shinei
- Completion of construction: November, 2012
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
Article source: Adriano Pimenta Architects
Its pre-existence allows dazzling a House classified by the Oporto City Hall, a garden and a vegetable garden. The house was converted into two apartments keeping its original features; the principal garden remained, in the vegetable garden two houses were built. The common garage relates all the elements to each other.
Image Courtesy © Arménio Teixeira
- Architects: Adriano Pimenta Architects & Octavio Queirós Architects
- Project: Kopke Condo
- Location: Porto, Portugal
- Photography: Arménio Teixeira
- Project coordinator: Paulo Morgado
- Project Assistants: Ana Ferreira, Carolina Salcedo and Maria Vasconcelos
- Client: Odlaca, Management and Real Estate Investments
- General Contractor: Cobelba SA
Saturday, August 30th, 2014
Article source: A2OFFICE
This small project is about the design of an addition to an original kitchen. It integrates a balcony for quick meals and additional storage space.
Image Courtesy © AL.MA Fotografia | Alexandra Marques
- Architects: A2OFFICE
- Project: WHITE ON WHITE
- Location: Ermesinde, Portugal
- Photography: AL.MA Fotografia | Alexandra Marques
- Client: Private
- Year: 2014