Archive for the ‘Lounge’ Category
Wednesday, June 13th, 2018
Article source: VOX Architects
Rostov-on-Don is the southern capital of the Russian Federation, a large industrial and cultural center. Platov Airport is the largest transport hub of this rich region with a total area more than 50,000 sq.m.
VOX Architects had a task to design a modern comfortable space for the International Business Lounge of the new Rostov-on-Don airport.
The concept of the project conveys the natural beauty and richness of the southern region: the upper and lower reaches of the Don river, the valley of a deep river, overgrown shoals, the general feeling of warmth, space and abundance that everyone feels here.
Image Courtesy © Mamuka Khelashvili
- Architects: VOX Architects
- Project: Platov Business Lounge
- Location: Rostov-on-Don, Russia
- Photography: Mamuka Khelashvili
- General Contractor: WGM
- Customer: PJSC “Rostaeroinvest”, CC “Airports of regions”
- Project Management By The Customer: Ivan Shargunov, Anton Potekhin, Anna Nikitina
- Authors of the Project: Boris Voskoboynikov, Maria Akhremenkova, Andrey Koskov, Julia Noskova, Anna Koskova
- Project Implementation Group: Boris Voskoboynikov, Maria Akhremenkova, Yulia Noskova, Anna Marchuk, Kaurbek Bagaev, Svetlana Gunina, Alexey Varshavsky, Maxim Frolov, Evgeny Nezamaykin, Pavel Surshkov, Valeriya Khlebtsevich, Yulia Komleva
- Lighting Design: QPRO
- Total Area: 420 sq.m
- Year of Implementation: 2018
Thursday, June 7th, 2018
Article source: Masquespacio
Masquespacio presents its last interior design project for Valencia Lounge Hostel, a hostel of 11 rooms distributed over 236 m2 situated in the old town of Valencia.
Image Courtesy © Luis Beltran
Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018
Article source: concrete
The new citizenM in Shoreditch will be the third citizenM in the city of London, situated in the heart of the bustling Shoreditch neighbourhood, a location in London destined to be a perfect fit for the citizenM affordable luxury attitude. The entrance is located on the ground floor, and attracts the attention of pedestrians with a colourful art piece by AVAF which extends the street art look and feel of the Shoreditch area. Guests are guided upstairs to the lobby via the iconic citizenM staircase. citizenM Shoreditch offers 216 rooms stacked on top of the first floor lobby, as well as living rooms, canteenM and a balcony overlooking the vibrant Shoreditch scene. The hotel is located within a two-minute walk from Shoreditch High Street Overground station and opposite the ELLX viaduct, a key feature of the area, which will partly cover the newly developed Holywell Court.
Image Courtesy © Wouter van der sar / concrete
- Architects: concrete
- Project: CitizenM Shoreditch
- Location: Shoreditch, London
- Photography: Richard Powers, Wouter van der sar
- Software used: Vectorworks, sketch up
- Client: citizenM, voorschoten (nl)
- Project Team Concrete: Rob Wagemans, Erikjan Vermeulen, Maarten de Geus, Tom Ruijken, Sofie Ruytenberg, Jurjen van Hulzen
- Master plan Shoreditch conserv. Area: EllisMiller, London, UK
- Executive Architect: Axis, London, UK
- Structural Engineer: Elliot Wood, London, UK
- Structural Engineer Modules: Peter Dann, London, UK
Thursday, April 5th, 2018
Article source: nefa architects
«Airports of Regions» is a leading airport holding company in Russia. Today the holding includes airports of Ekaterinburg (Koltsovo), Samara (Kurumoch), Rostov-on-Don and Nizhny Novgorod (Strigino).
The reception desk was custom made of oxidised steel for the project, Image Courtesy © Ilya Ivanov
- Architects: nefa architects
- Project: Strigino International Airport
- Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
- Photography: Ilya Ivanov
- Client: Airports of Regions
- Chief Architect: Dmitry Ovcharov
- Authors Team: Dmitry Ovcharov, Elena Mertsalova
- Chief Engineer: Sergey Kurepin
- Project Management: Victoria Nagurnaya
- Total Area: 320 sqm
- Year: 2016
Tuesday, April 3rd, 2018
Article source: Tsutsumi and Associates
This is a building complex for an architectural material company that mainly deals with import carpet and domestic acoustic absorption material. We renovate and expand the existing building which has basement floor and 3 floors above the ground. Because of the difference of ground level, basement floor has open space on its south side, but on its north side it can’t get daylight. We need to carefully design the expanded volume so as not to block the daylight into the existing space. We studied a lot of models, like hollow volumes around central court or several separated volumes,and finally decided upon a simple box. In consequence, on the one hand its volume is just a simple box with a lot of randomly openings on its walls and roof, on the other hand the 4 scattered small courts make the plan complex. Because the openings of the small courts are restrained so that we feel it “inside”, but inside we can see trees and receive enough daylight from toplights so we feel it “outside”, of course the existing area also receive enough daylight. That is to say, the inside and outside are reversed, or those are merged.
Image Courtesy © Tsutsumi and Associates
- Architects: Tsutsumi and Associates
- Project: BMLZ Villa Office
- Location: Tongzhou District, Beijing, China
- Software used: Autocad, Vectorworks, sketch up, V-Ray
- Client: Bonus & Lambient
- Structural Design: Beijing Yanhuang International Architecture & Engineering Co.,Ltd.(Liansheng Bao, Yanhui Liu)
- Area: 740㎡
- Completion: 1st November 2017
Thursday, March 22nd, 2018
Article source: CL3 Architects Limited
Hard Rock Hotel Shenzhen is the first Hard Rock Hotel to open in China Mainland.
Although Hard Rock Hotel is a very successful brand internationally, it is still very respectful of the high level expectation that Chinese customers are used to. Therefore, they turned to CL3 to enhance their project delivery for the China market.
Image Courtesy © Nirut Benjabanpot
- Architects: CL3 Architects Limited
- Project: Hard Rock Hotel Shenzhen
- Location: Shenzhen, China
- Photography: Nirut Benjabanpot
- Client: Mission Hill Properties
- Design Team: William Lim, Jane Arnett, Hang Wong, Simon Ho, Him Ng, Roy Lam
- Main Contractor: Shenzhen Jing Tai Feng Construction Engineering Co., Ltd
- Area: 26,690 m²
- Completion: September 2017
Thursday, March 22nd, 2018
Article source: CCD/ Cheng Chung Design (HK)
The entrance is a square consist of Lingnan styled pond and garden path; standing in the centre of the pond is a French style fountain.
8F Banquet Hall (Including the Lobby)
Banquet hall includes 7F, 8F and 9F, design concept of this space comes from French Louvre Museum. The banquet hall is like the ancient castle of the Sun King Louis XIV, giving out a sense of grace of the Palace of Versailles. The design tries to present the mighty and power of Bourbon Dynasty, and to represent the golden age of France. Standing on the top of the stairs of the 8F, we can have fine views of the spacious outdoor garden, where a three storey high vertical green wall adds intoxicating scenery to the garden.
Image Courtesy © CCD/ Cheng Chung Design (HK)
- Designer: CCD/ Cheng Chung Design (HK)
- Project: Louvre Sofitel Hotel
- Location: Foshan, China
- Construction company: SHENZHEN ASIANTIME INTERNATIONAL CONSTRUCTION CO., LTD
- Area: 60000 ㎡
- Design Time: 2011-2017
- Completion Time: July 1st, 2017
Friday, February 2nd, 2018
Article source: RUST architects
RUST Architects in collaboration with Greentectura designed the Iron Source new head office in Sarona Tower in central Tel Aviv. The four floors, with a total area of 10,000 square meters, accommodate hundreds of employees in various departments.
Offices of various sizes have been positioned around the exterior of the space while public functions form around the core of the building which at points “invade and cling” to the façade to bring direct natural light to them and break the sequence of the offices.
Image Courtesy © Gidon Levin
- Architects: RUST architects
- Project: IronSource
- Location: Sarona Tower Tel Aviv
- Photography: Gidon Levin
- Lead Architects: arch. Raanan Stern and arch. Shany Tal
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 10000sqm
Thursday, January 11th, 2018
Article source: NAT Office – christian gasparini architect
IVY represents a new way to experience and enjoy leisure time, being surrounded by the green of nature and the warmth of wood.
Outside the ivy will cover in time the entire facade of the building, \”hiding\” the existing wall and making the openings on the avenue, as if it was a real greenhouse in Reggio Emilia city center.
Image Courtesy © filippo poli
- Architects: NAT Office – christian gasparini architect
- Project: RABM – Ivy restaurant and lounge bar
- Location: Reggio Emilia, Italy
- Photography: filippo poli
- Energy system: studio effe
- Amount: 280.000 euro
- Dimensional data:
- Building surface: 465 mq
- Area surface: 760 mq
- Volume: 1536 mc
- Project: May 2015- July 2015
- Construction: August 2015 – October 2015
Friday, January 5th, 2018
Article source: Zemberek Design
The place is used as the lounge, reception, waiting and meeting area of the building which is based within the headquarters of an international shoe brand’s distributor company in Turkey.
Image Courtesy © Safak Emrence
- Architects: Zemberek Design
- Project: Skechers TR – Lounge and Meeting Area
- Location: Ortaköy, Beşiktaş, İstanbul, Turkey
- Photography: Safak Emrence
- Design Team: Basak Emrence, Safak Emrence, Ece Ilgin Avci, Cansu Sezer, Pınar Sunbul
- Client: Olka Spor Malz. Tic. A.Ş.
- Project Area: 130 m²
- Design and Construction Year: May-September / 2015