Archive for the ‘Mall’ Category
Sunday, May 21st, 2017
Article source: Foster + Partners
Apple Dubai Mall is reinventing the traditional introverted idea of mall-based retail as a more outward looking experience that engages with the spectacle of urban life. Its design is a highly innovative response to the culture and climate of the Emirates, while also demonstrating Apple’s pioneering ambition to create inspirational civic spaces for all.
Image Courtesy © Nigel Young
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: Apple Dubai Mall
- Location: Dubai, UAE
- Photography: Nigel Young
Thursday, April 27th, 2017
Article source: VVKH Architecten
Home and Living Mall Ekkersrijt is located on the north of Eindhoven, directly at the highway A50. In 2013 the existing shopping mall (21.000 sq.mtrs) has been extensively renovated and expanded with 24.000 sqr.mtrs.
Image Courtesy © René de Wit
- Architects: VVKH Architecten
- Project: Home and Living Mall Ekkersrijt
- Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Photography: René de Wit
- Client: Altera Vastgoed N.V., Amstelveen
- Developing contractor: Bouwbedrijf Pennings, Rosmalen
- Commercial: CBRE, Houten
- Engineering partners: ABT, Velp (construction); Ingenieusbureau Vogelvang, Apeldoorn (installations); Brink Groep, Son en Breugel (control); LMBS, Utrecht (rental)
- Building period: renovation November 2009 – July 2011; new buildings September 2011 – march 2013
Thursday, March 9th, 2017
Article source: URBANTAINER
Common Ground is the result of an experiment of revitalising unused land in the middle of the city. By applying prefab methods, e.g. producing modules in a factory, transporting them to the construction site and assembling them on-site, it was possible to reduce the construction time of the 5300 m2 building to five months.
In order to maximise the usage efficiency of the elongated rectangular shaped land, the architectural form is based on a center square connecting two buildings.
Image Courtesy © URBANTAINER
- Architects: URBANTAINER
- Project: Common Ground
- Location: 17-1, Gwangjin-gu, Jayang-dong, Seoul and the 5 lands
- Construction: Kolon Environmental Service Co., Ltd.
- Structure Engineer: PAN Structural Engineering Inc.
- Client: Kolon Industries
- Structure Steel Frame Structure
- Modular Construction: Yoochang
- Landscape design:LIVESCAPE / Seungjong Yoo
- Building Scope: 4F / B1F
- Floor Area Ratio: 98.59%
- Building To Land Ratio: 40.8%
- Gross Floor Area: 5,060 sqm
- Building Area: 2,094 sqm
- Site Area: 5,132 sqm
- Completion Date: 2015.04.10
Tuesday, March 7th, 2017
Article source: Studio Fuksas
The MyZeil Shopping Mall covers an area of 77,000 square meters, a structure that includes shops, leisure spaces, kids areas, restaurants, fitness center and parking.
The building is spread over 6 floors, the shopping area from level -1 to the third floor, while from the fourth floor, which serves as a square and meeting place, there are the fitness area and restaurants.
Image Courtesy © Karsten Monnerjahn
- Architects: Studio Fuksas (Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas)
- Project: MyZeil
- Location: Grosse Eschenheimer Strasse 10-14, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Photography: Karsten Monnerjahn, Moreno Maggi and Gianmarco Chieregato
- Client: PalaisQuartier GmBH & CO., KG
- Structures: Knippers-Helbig Beratende Ingenieure, Stuttgart; Krebs und Kiefer Beratende Ingenieure für das Bauwesen GmbH, Darmstadt
- Realization of the façade and covering: Waagner Biro Stahlbau AG, Wien
- Cost: 135,000,000 Euros
- Built surface: 77,000 sq.m.
- Façade: 8,500 sq.m.
- Cover: 13,000 sq.m.
- Period: 2002-2009
Wednesday, November 9th, 2016
Article source: Aedas
Aedas gives the MOKO mall in Hong Kong a refreshed look
MOKO, situated at Mongkok East in Hong Kong is a focal node connecting the mass transit railway, bus terminal, pedestrian footbridge and a hotel. As part of a mixed-use development, this shopping mall was constructed decades ago. Aedas refurbished it to meet nowadays retail needs and injected new energy to the dense neighbourhood.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: MOKO
- Location: Hong Kong
- Director: Ed Lam
- Client: Sun Hung Kai Real Estate Agency Limited
- Gross floor area: 67,000 sq m (retail)
- Completion year: 2015
Sunday, October 9th, 2016
Article source: Girimun
A new iconic landmark in the landscape of Ulaan Bataar, Shangri-La Centre UB will define the new trends of shopping in Mongolia. Set to become the highest-end of retail centers in the Mongolian capital, its 30,000 sqm of shops and restaurants will integrate the new Shangri-la Hotel and the adjacent office and serviced apartment towers. The design uses stone and timber, warm and light tones to create a warm and bright welcoming environment for people to gather and shop.
Image Courtesy © Girimun
- Architects: Girimun
- Project: Shangri-La Ulaanbaatar Retail
- Location: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Client: Shangri-La Group
- Design: Girimun Ltd & Terry Farrell and Partners 2014
- Size: 30,000 sqm
- Opening: 2015
Friday, September 16th, 2016
Article source: Aedas
Designed by Aedas, Shenzhen Luohu Friendship Trading Centre is a redevelopment of a current department store to be transfigured into a new skyscraper with a 7-storey retail podium at the heart of Luohu in Shenzhen, China. The design creates a vibrant and porous podium by staggering up various retail boxes in dynamic and organic forms in response to the bustling surroundings, delivering a new sustainable and iconic design for the city.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Shenzhen Luohu Friendship Trading Centre
- Location: Shenzhen, China
- Director: Wai Tang
- Client: Shenzhen Friendship Trading Centre Co. Ltd
- Gross floor area: 130,000 square metres
- Completion year: 2020
Wednesday, September 7th, 2016
Article source: People’s Architecture Office
Designed specifically for the K11, Golden Bubbles reflect and exaggerate the movement of people above, below and around. These large golden inflatables span the atrium, weaving between multiple levels and escalators. The objects act as curved mirrors distorting reality by warping the surroundings into one field of view.
Image Courtesy © People’s Architecture Office
- Architects: People’s Architecture Office
- Project: Golden Bubbles
- Location: Hong Kong, China
- Client: K11
- Principal: He Zhe, James Shen, Zang Feng
- Project Team: Cui Gangjian, Min Kyoung Kim, Xu Xi, Xiang Weixing, Jiang Hao, Zhang Zhen
- Date of Completion: March 2016
Sunday, December 20th, 2015
Article source: Morphogenesis
Located at the entrance of the 400-acre Uttorayon Township, the City Centre attempts to create a much-needed, organized commercial district for the city of Siliguri. It is positioned as an interface between the township and the city that envisages a new destination for the local community and emerges as an urban landscape in between the offices and commercial components of the master plan.
Image Courtesy © Morphogenesis
- Architects: Morphogenesis
- Project: City Centre
- Location: Siliguri, India
- Software used: AutoCAD and Sketch up
Wednesday, July 1st, 2015
Article source: Stu/D/O Architects
Kurve 7 is a community mall located within a dense residential district in the Eastern part of Bangkok, Krungthep Kreetha 7. Using a series of soft curvature strategies to define, frame, lead, and connect, Stu/D/O is able to realize their goal of creating a new neighborhood commercial space that is linked together by a series of open air garden and public space rather than creating a large enclosed community mall.
Image Courtesy © Ketsiree Wongwan
- Architects: Stu/D/O Architects
- Project: Kurve 7
- Location: Krungthep Kreetha 7 Road, Bangkapi, Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: Ketsiree Wongwan
- Landscape Architect: Teerachai Tharawongthawat
- Graphic Designer: Amnaj Suriyawongkul
- Structural Engineer: Panit Supasiriluk
- Mechanical Engineer: MEE Consultants
- Client: Kurve 7 Co.,Ltd (more…)