Archive for the ‘Playground’ Category
Wednesday, November 4th, 2015
Article source: Moneo Brock Studio
The Playground at my Hospital is an architecture project that aims to brighten the conditions of children inpatients suffering from cancer. Moneo Brock Studio has worked pro bono with Juegaterapia foundation.
Image Courtesy © Ángel Álvarez Studio
- Architects: Moneo Brock Studio
- Project: Garden and Playspace Hospital
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Photography: Ángel Álvarez Studio
Tuesday, July 21st, 2015
Article source: 1004arquitectos
The building responds to the social demand of the city of Torrelavega of an independent space to accommodate adult school Caligrama, which until now lacked its own headquarters. Located in a deteriorated urban area, the new centre intends to be a connection with the rest of the city, serving as an integration element. A new iconic building that embodies a claim of the city is created as a reference for the future of the region.
Image Courtesy © Miguel de Guzmán y Rocío Romero
- Architects: 1004arquitectos (Coral Álvarez, Jaime Lamúa, Pedro López y Sergio Soria)
- Project: ADULT EDUCATION CENTRE AND CHILDREN’S PLAYGROUND BUILDING
- Location: Torrelavega, Spain
- Photography: Miguel de Guzmán y Rocío Romero
- PROJECT TECHNICAL ARCHITECT: Juan Pablo Prieto
- SITE TECHNICAL ARCHITECT: Antonio J. García
- STRUCTURE: A6ingeniería (Elías Martínez)
- FACILITIES: A6ingeniería (Juan Carlos Fernández)
Thursday, May 21st, 2015
Article source: Emmanuelle Moureaux Architecture + Design
Concept :A miniature colorful town
“Mama smile” is an indoor playground facility for families located inside the shopping mall. Emmanuelle developed a new brand concept and the interior design, a new family facility has opened in Mito composed of a playground and a day nursery. Although located inside the shopping mall, it gives a sense of security like being in a comfortable home.
Image Courtesy © Daisuke Shima / Nacasa & Partners
- Architects: Emmanuelle Moureaux Architecture + Design
- Project: Mama Smile
- Location: Roseo Mito Shopping Mall, Mito, Ibaragi Prefecture, JAPAN
- Photography: Daisuke Shima / Nacasa & Partners
- Area: 459 m2
- Open: November 1st 2014
Tuesday, May 19th, 2015
Article source: BIG
Following the completion of the Gammel Hellerup High School multi-purpose hall designed by BIG-Bjarke Ingels Group in 2013, a new 1400 m2 building for cultural activities has been inaugurated by the school’s art and sports enthusiasts.
Image Courtesy © Iwan Baan
- Architects: BIG
- Project: Sports & Arts Expansion
- Location: Hellerup, Denmark
- Photography: Iwan Baan, Rasmus Hjortshoj, Jens Lindhe, Rasmus Hjortshoj
- CLIENT: GAMMEL HELLERUP HIGH SCHOOL
- SIZE: 2500 m2
- COLLABORATORS: EKJ, CG Jensen, Jens Lindhe, Rasmus Hjortshoj, Midconsult I Herning, Bent Nygaard Sørensen, Grontmij
- Multi-use Hall & Gymnasium
- Partners in Charge: Bjarke Ingels, Finn Nørkjær
- Project Leaders: Ole Schrøder, Ole Elkjær-Larsen, Frederik Lyng
- Team: Ana Merino, Anders Hjortnæs, Christian Alvarez, Dennis Rasmussen, Gül Ertekin, Henrick Poulsen, Hjalti Gestsson, Jan Magasanik, Jakob Lange, Jacob Thomsen, Jeppe Ecklon, Ji-young Yoon, Michael Schønemann, Narisara Schröder, Riccardo Mariano, Rune Hansen, Snorre Nash, Thomas Juul-Jensen, Vincent He, Xu Li
Tuesday, March 18th, 2014
Article source: Cadden Studio Ltd.
A playground building in Budapest with slides and a group of toys designed for it housing a washbasin, a diaper changer table and a toilet.
Image Courtesy © Cadden Studio Ltd.
- Architects: Cadden Studio Ltd. (Tamás Szén Molnár)
- Project: Playground with comfort facilities
Saturday, January 19th, 2013
Article source: Margot Krasojevic
Piezoelectric Playground. The Interactive Lumia Canopy in Pioneers park Belgrade Margot Krasojevic The Piezoelectric playground is a temporary structure designed for the Pioneers park in Belgrade, Serbia. It will be used as a bandstand and playground.
Image Courtesy Margot Krasojevic
- Architects: Margot Krasojevic
- Project: Piezeoelectric Playground
- Location: Belgrade, Serbia
- Software used: Maya for light simulations and 3ds Max for formal exercise, and Autocad for detailing
Wednesday, January 16th, 2013
Article source: 3GATTI Architecture Studio
Kik Park is a leftover urban area that Francesco Gatti is surprised to see has escaped being built-up and which is positioned at the entrance to the Kic Village, constructed in recent years for the students at the nearby universities of Fudan and Tongji. Since 2005 when the Italian architect transferred part of his professional activities to China he has recurrently been interested in the possibility of designing interstice spaces – as in the case of the In Factory JingAn Six Loft Buildings (2006), where the outside areas of the redevelopment project were treated on a par with a residential and work environment.
Image Courtesy Shen Qiang
- Architects: 3GATTI Architecture Studio
- Project: Kic Park
- Location: KIC VILLAGE Blok8-2, Zhengmin Road, Yangpu District, 200433 Shanghai, China.
- Programme: Public open spaces, gardens, playgrounds, resting areas, advertising supports.
- Chief architect: Francesco Gatti
- Project manager: Summer Nie
- Collaborators: Nicole Ni, Francesco Negri, Dalius Ripley, Michele Ruju, Muavii Sun, Charles Mariambourg
- Client: Shui On Development Limited
- Total floor area: 1100 m²
- Design and construction period: 2009
- Materials: Wooden deck, steel structure, brick walls, acrylic boards.
- Photographer: Shen Qiang
- Text by: Giampiero Sanguigni
Friday, October 5th, 2012
Article source: Mulders vandenBerk Architecten
Mulders vandenBerk Architecten of Amsterdam have completed a playground building in a park in Utrecht, the Netherlands, with a Corian façade engraved with images of fairytales from around the world. The idea of the building is to excite and stimulate curiosity and creativity of the children.
Image Courtesy Wim Hanenberg, Roel Backaert, Wouter van der Sar
- Architect: Mulders vandenBerk Architecten
- Project: Anansi Playground Building
- Location: Peltlaan 130, 3527 EC Utrecht
- Principal: Municipality of Utrecht, department D.M.O.
- Team: Joost Mulders, Chris van den Berk, Robbert van der Lee, Lucas Torres, Cecilia Thomsen, Idette de Boer
- Graphic design façade: Design Arbeid, Amsterdam
- Photography: Wim Hanenberg, Roel Backaert, Wouter van der Sar
- Contractor building: Barli B.V., Uden
- Contractor façade: Roord binnenbouw, Amsterdam
- Start: October 2008
- Completion: October 2009
- Program: daycare/play
- Site area: 9750 m2
- Floor area: 150 m2
Wednesday, September 19th, 2012
Article source: Matthew Hoffman
PLAY is the 21st century equivalent of what WORK was to the industrial age.
TREEHAUS is a breakthrough playspace that rethinks one of the most iconic and universal childhood activities – the tree house – by creating a 3-dimensional, immersive structure that children climb over, on, and inside of, allowing for a completely unstructured and child-directed free play.
Image Courtesy Art Meadow
- Architects: Art Meadow
- Project: Treehaus
- Location: New York City
Tuesday, January 31st, 2012
Article source: RS+ Robert Skitek
One of the main design intent was to match the water playground into the landscape. Location and contour of the basin suited to the existing trees were required based on functional-utility program developed by “Aquater”.
Images Courtesy Tomasz Zakrzewski
- Architect: RS+ Robert Skitek
- Name of Project: Water playground
- Location: Tychy, Poland
- Investor: Tychy Town Council
- Project Team: Robert Skitek, Jakub Zygmunt, Szymon Borczyk
- Water engineering: Maciej Papiurek, Krzysztof Wacek, Anna Terentjew
- Completion: 2011
- Project area: 354 sqm
- Photographs: Tomasz Zakrzewski