Archive for the ‘private residence’ Category
Tuesday, July 11th, 2017
Article source: Wei Yi International Design Associates
The concept, Wabi-Sabi, from Japanese aesthetics is the principle in the project. The materials with texture of modesty, rustic and asymmetry are used as the main substance in the space, trying to create an unrefined and lean atmosphere. Through the peculiarity of imperfection, the inhabitant are led to discern the hidden beauty of the truly excellence and here they can find their pure sanctuary from the turmoil world.
Image Courtesy © Wei Yi International Design Associates
- Architects: Wei Yi International Design Associates
- Project: Boundary
- Location: Taipei, Taiwan
- Software used: Autocad
- Main Material: oak veneered brushed and painted、special hand painting, German cement paint, titanium metal, Belgium chalkboard paint, grey glass, panDOMO, Engineered flooringns and thoughts are subside and dissolved into the state of serenity of heart.
- Designer: Shin-Yuan Fang
- Area: 270 sqm
- Completed: March, 2017
Sunday, March 12th, 2017
Article source: Archimania
Woodard Residence is a personal residence for a developer on an unused piece of land left from his recently completed mixed-use development. The clients sought to be tucked away from activity, but maintain views of the Mississippi River and the downtown Memphis skyline.
Image Courtesy © Hank Mardukas
- Architects: Archimania
- Project: Woodard Residence
- Location: Memphis, Tennessee, USA
- Photography: Hank Mardukas
Saturday, February 25th, 2017
Article source: v2com
Superhouse is a brand and an ethos – a vision for what is possible in contemporary residential architecture. Superhouse want to create nothing but the 30 most exceptional houses in the world for the super-rich.
Superhouse has been created by Magnus Ström, founder of Ström Architects, based on the South coast of England. Inspiration for the Superhouse concept first came when Ström worked next to a world-renowned naval architect. This was when Superyachts were first brought to his attention, and it raised the questions: “Why couldn’t houses also reach the same heights of design quality and workmanship?” and “Why do ‘Superyachts’ exist, but ‘Superhouses’ don’t?”
View to the house from the sunken pool firepit, Image Courtesy © The Boundary
- Architects: Superhouse Property Group Ltd.
- Project: Superhouse 00/30
- Location: Illes Balears, Spain
- Photography: The Boundary
- Lead Designer: Magnus Ström
- Dates: unbuilt
- Awards: American Architecture Prize (Silver in Architectural Design / Residential Architecture)
Sunday, February 19th, 2017
Article source: Steven Holl Architects
This scheme placed first in the competition of ten Swiss-American team’s designs for the replacement of the Washington D.C. residence of the Swiss Ambassador. It is not only to be a private house but also a cultural gathering place on which standards and self-image of a country are measured.
Image Courtesy © Andy Ryan
- Architects: Steven Holl Architects & Rüssli Architekten
- Project: The New Residence at the Swiss Embassy
- Location: Washington D.C., United States
- Photography: Andy Ryan
- Client: Swiss Federal Office for Buildings and Logistics (BBL)
- Steven Holl Architects: Steven Holl (design architect), Tim Bade, Stephen O’Dell (associate in charge), Olaf Schmidt (project architect), Arnault Biou, Peter Englaender, Annette Goderbauer, Li Hu, Irene Vogt (project team)
- Rüssli Architekten: Mimi Kueh (project architect), Justin Rüssli (design architect), Andreas Gervasi, Phillip Röösli, Rafael Schnyder, Urs Zuercher(project team)
- Structural engineer: A. F. & J. Steffen Consulting Engineers, Robert Silman Associates
- Mechanical engineer: B2E Consulting Engineers, B+B Energietechnik AG
- Interior designer: ZedNetwork Hannes Wettstein
- General contractor: James G. Davis Construction, Niersberger Gebäudetechnik Pforzheim GmbH
- Landscape architect: Robert GissingerL
- Building area (square): 23,000sf/7010sm
- Cost: $14,000,000
- Construction period: December 2004 – September 2006 (more…)
Wednesday, February 15th, 2017
Article source: Architekt Zoran Bodrozic
Cocooning means to be really at home, without any need to go away or to take a trip, or to made a vacation again and try to escape from your day life for a while.
You love your everyday life, your rituals, and the place where all that happens.
This means the everyday real luxury.
Image Courtesy © Architekt Zoran Bodrozic
Sunday, February 12th, 2017
Article source: GLR Arquitectos
A property of great dimensions and a steep slope, grants us unmatched potential views towards the north of the city. A grand golf club in the foreground as well as other green areas of the city, are topped by the majestic “Cerro de Las Mitras”, a distinctive mitre-shaped mountain. The residential scheme is resolved in a linear way on its three levels, ensuring all areas of the house enjoy the previously described views.
Image Courtesy © Jorge Taboada
- Architects: GLR Arquitectos (Gilberto L. Rodríguez)
- Project: MT House
- Location: Monterrey, Nuevo León, México
- Photography: Jorge Taboada
- Software used: Autocad
- Project Team: Emmanuel Soto, Raúl Torres, Rafael Návar, Pamela Díaz de León, Oscar O Farrill, Gaby Gutiérrez, David Alatorre
- Extension: 1,900 M2
- Year: 2012 – 2015
Tuesday, February 7th, 2017
Article source: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
1. TOUR ET TAXIS: TOWARDS A MIXED-USE ECO-NEIGHBORHOOD
Whereas most developing countries can write their future starting from a blank slate, European cities face the challenge of transforming their built heritage to secure their energy, social and economic transition towards post-carbon, circular and interdependent urban living.
Image Courtesy © Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Architects: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Project: Tour & Taxis
- Location: Tour & Taxis, Brussels, Belgium
- Client: Extensa, T&T Project S.A.
- Program: 85 000 M² Housing (Zone B) + 50 000 M² Office + Retail + Leisure (Gare Maritime)
- Surface Area: 135 000 M²
- Status : W.I.P.
Sunday, February 5th, 2017
Article source: Malka Architecture
Located at Mugu Point California, fifty miles away from Los Angeles where Malka Architecture just opened its new studio, the Mugu House is nested on Malibu’s Hills porosities.
The project benefits from the existing topography of the actual site ; the result is a zero impact on the surrounding nature, an ecological project in immersion with the rock, its vegetation and its thermal variations.
Image Courtesy © Malka Architecture
Wednesday, February 1st, 2017
Article source: v2com
Located in the verdant Laurentians in Quebec, the Estrade Residence reveals itself discretely on the shores of Lac de la Cabane in St-Adolphe d’Howard.
It is by studying the steep and rocky topography of the place that MU Architecture decided to highlight the peculiarities of this site with an adapted and captivating architectural intervention. The first objective was to design a house in total harmony with its environment.
Image Courtesy © Ulysse Lemerise Bouchard
- Architects: MU Architecture
- Project: Estrade Residence
- Location: St-Adolphe d’Howard, Quebec, Canada
- Photography: Ulysse Lemerise Bouchard (YUL Photo)
- Project team: Jean-Sébastien Herr, Charles Côté, Jean-Philippe Bellemare, Pierre-Alexandre Rhéaume, Floriane Deléglise
- Contractor: Paul Lalonde et fils
- Project Area: 3600 sq.ft
- Construction: Décembre 2015
Tuesday, January 31st, 2017
Article source: Obra arquitetos
House built for a couple with the idea of providing a contemplative and reflective space. This theme was addressed in two ways:
A more intimate, where the whole house is organized around a small patio and differences in levels. This internal patio allows a visual contact between the surroundings of the house, bringing the residents’ life together. Nature, on this small scale, can be observed according to the variations of the seasons.
Image Courtesy © Nelson Kon
- Architects: Obra arquitetos (João Paulo Daolio Thiago Natal Duarte)
- Project: House LenS
- Location: São José dos Campos _ São Paulo _ Brasil
- Photography: Nelson Kon
- Software used: Autocad
- Interior design: obra arquitetos
- Landscape Design: obra arquitetos
- Structural engineer: rodrigo freitas (rf engeneering)
- Constructional engineer: Truzzi Engenharia
- Supervision: Cícero Truzzi & Antonio Augusto Truzzi
- Stories_ B, FL: lower level, intermediate level, roof level
- Site area(plottage): 450 m2
- Bldg. area(covered area): 162 m2
- Total floor area(gross area): 202 m2
- Completed date: November 2015