Archive for the ‘private residence’ Category
Sunday, February 19th, 2017
Article source: Steven Holl Architects
This scheme placed first in the competition of ten Swiss-American team’s designs for the replacement of the Washington D.C. residence of the Swiss Ambassador. It is not only to be a private house but also a cultural gathering place on which standards and self-image of a country are measured.
Image Courtesy © Andy Ryan
- Architects: Steven Holl Architects & Rüssli Architekten
- Project: The New Residence at the Swiss Embassy
- Location: Washington D.C., United States
- Photography: Andy Ryan
- Client: Swiss Federal Office for Buildings and Logistics (BBL)
- Steven Holl Architects: Steven Holl (design architect), Tim Bade, Stephen O’Dell (associate in charge), Olaf Schmidt (project architect), Arnault Biou, Peter Englaender, Annette Goderbauer, Li Hu, Irene Vogt (project team)
- Rüssli Architekten: Mimi Kueh (project architect), Justin Rüssli (design architect), Andreas Gervasi, Phillip Röösli, Rafael Schnyder, Urs Zuercher(project team)
- Structural engineer: A. F. & J. Steffen Consulting Engineers, Robert Silman Associates
- Mechanical engineer: B2E Consulting Engineers, B+B Energietechnik AG
- Interior designer: ZedNetwork Hannes Wettstein
- General contractor: James G. Davis Construction, Niersberger Gebäudetechnik Pforzheim GmbH
- Landscape architect: Robert GissingerL
- Building area (square): 23,000sf/7010sm
- Cost: $14,000,000
- Construction period: December 2004 – September 2006 (more…)
Wednesday, February 15th, 2017
Article source: Architekt Zoran Bodrozic
Cocooning means to be really at home, without any need to go away or to take a trip, or to made a vacation again and try to escape from your day life for a while.
You love your everyday life, your rituals, and the place where all that happens.
This means the everyday real luxury.
Image Courtesy © Architekt Zoran Bodrozic
Sunday, February 12th, 2017
Article source: GLR Arquitectos
A property of great dimensions and a steep slope, grants us unmatched potential views towards the north of the city. A grand golf club in the foreground as well as other green areas of the city, are topped by the majestic “Cerro de Las Mitras”, a distinctive mitre-shaped mountain. The residential scheme is resolved in a linear way on its three levels, ensuring all areas of the house enjoy the previously described views.
Image Courtesy © Jorge Taboada
- Architects: GLR Arquitectos (Gilberto L. Rodríguez)
- Project: MT House
- Location: Monterrey, Nuevo León, México
- Photography: Jorge Taboada
- Software used: Autocad
- Project Team: Emmanuel Soto, Raúl Torres, Rafael Návar, Pamela Díaz de León, Oscar O Farrill, Gaby Gutiérrez, David Alatorre
- Extension: 1,900 M2
- Year: 2012 – 2015
Tuesday, February 7th, 2017
Article source: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
1. TOUR ET TAXIS: TOWARDS A MIXED-USE ECO-NEIGHBORHOOD
Whereas most developing countries can write their future starting from a blank slate, European cities face the challenge of transforming their built heritage to secure their energy, social and economic transition towards post-carbon, circular and interdependent urban living.
Image Courtesy © Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Architects: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Project: Tour & Taxis
- Location: Tour & Taxis, Brussels, Belgium
- Client: Extensa, T&T Project S.A.
- Program: 85 000 M² Housing (Zone B) + 50 000 M² Office + Retail + Leisure (Gare Maritime)
- Surface Area: 135 000 M²
- Status : W.I.P.
Sunday, February 5th, 2017
Article source: Malka Architecture
Located at Mugu Point California, fifty miles away from Los Angeles where Malka Architecture just opened its new studio, the Mugu House is nested on Malibu’s Hills porosities.
The project benefits from the existing topography of the actual site ; the result is a zero impact on the surrounding nature, an ecological project in immersion with the rock, its vegetation and its thermal variations.
Image Courtesy © Malka Architecture
Wednesday, February 1st, 2017
Article source: v2com
Located in the verdant Laurentians in Quebec, the Estrade Residence reveals itself discretely on the shores of Lac de la Cabane in St-Adolphe d’Howard.
It is by studying the steep and rocky topography of the place that MU Architecture decided to highlight the peculiarities of this site with an adapted and captivating architectural intervention. The first objective was to design a house in total harmony with its environment.
Image Courtesy © Ulysse Lemerise Bouchard
- Architects: MU Architecture
- Project: Estrade Residence
- Location: St-Adolphe d’Howard, Quebec, Canada
- Photography: Ulysse Lemerise Bouchard (YUL Photo)
- Project team: Jean-Sébastien Herr, Charles Côté, Jean-Philippe Bellemare, Pierre-Alexandre Rhéaume, Floriane Deléglise
- Contractor: Paul Lalonde et fils
- Project Area: 3600 sq.ft
- Construction: Décembre 2015
Tuesday, January 31st, 2017
Article source: Obra arquitetos
House built for a couple with the idea of providing a contemplative and reflective space. This theme was addressed in two ways:
A more intimate, where the whole house is organized around a small patio and differences in levels. This internal patio allows a visual contact between the surroundings of the house, bringing the residents’ life together. Nature, on this small scale, can be observed according to the variations of the seasons.
Image Courtesy © Nelson Kon
- Architects: Obra arquitetos (João Paulo Daolio Thiago Natal Duarte)
- Project: House LenS
- Location: São José dos Campos _ São Paulo _ Brasil
- Photography: Nelson Kon
- Software used: Autocad
- Interior design: obra arquitetos
- Landscape Design: obra arquitetos
- Structural engineer: rodrigo freitas (rf engeneering)
- Constructional engineer: Truzzi Engenharia
- Supervision: Cícero Truzzi & Antonio Augusto Truzzi
- Stories_ B, FL: lower level, intermediate level, roof level
- Site area(plottage): 450 m2
- Bldg. area(covered area): 162 m2
- Total floor area(gross area): 202 m2
- Completed date: November 2015
Saturday, January 28th, 2017
Article source: BONE Structure®
Quebec is known worldwide for its picturesque landscapes and natural beauty – and along the horizon a new technology is disrupting how North Americans are building their homes. At the forefront of high-performance custom homes lies BONE Structure®, a company devoted to designing and building energy efficient steel structure homes.
Situated two hours northwest of Montreal, in the township of Wentworth, this 3,000 sq. ft. home is characterized by its open concept main floor and easy access walk-out basement.
Image Courtesy © BONE Structure®
- Architects: BONE Structure®
- Project: 12-249 – The Laurentians Home
- Location: Quebec, Canada
Friday, January 27th, 2017
Article source: Alexander Brenner Architects
An art loving couple was able to purchase an outstanding scenic property in the north of Stuttgart with spectacular views over the city. The property is reached via a southern access road situated below.
Image Courtesy © Zooey Braun
- Architects: Alexander Brenner Architects
- Project: VISTA HOUSE
- Location: Stuttgart, Germany
- Photography: Zooey Braun
- Plot size: 1.550 m²
- Living area: 440 m²
- Utility space: 196 m²
- Completion: 2012
Friday, January 20th, 2017
Article source: GLR arquitectos
Placed in one of the most exclusive and privileged zones of Monterrey with an incomparable view towards the “Sierra Madre Oriental”, we found the “Sorteo Tec’s House 202”.
The residence is a tribute to Barragán, a great Mexican architect in whose designs abounds the strong presence of the light. This brightness is being reinterpreted in the project with a stunning wall covered in a golden sheet, which is also a tribute to another great artist named Mathias Goeritz.
Its shinning gives the home a magical touch that extends across the entire building, like a modern Domus Aurea.
Image Courtesy © Javier Callejas Sevilla
- Architects: GLR arquitectos (Gilberto L. Rodríguez) in collaboration with Estudio Campo Baeza (Alberto Campo Baeza)
- Project: Domus Aurea
- Location: Monterrey, Nuevo León, México
- Photography: Javier Callejas Sevilla
- Software used: Autocad and SketchUp
- Project Team: Pamela Díaz de León, David Alatorre, Viviana Ortíz, Mauricio Bárcenas, Katia Radilla, Guillermo Durán, Alejandro Cervilla García, Ignacio Aguirre López, María Pérez de Camino Díez, Elena Jiménez Sánchez, Tommaso Campiotti, Imanol Iparraguirre Barbero
- Extension: 550 M2
- Year: 2012 – 2015